Author Topic: Special Events Discussion  (Read 6830 times)

Offline luke

• ~evil~
  • Contributor
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Server Account: FatAndViolent
    PSR: Loading
    Games: Loading
    Wins/Loses: Loading/Loading
    Hero K/D/A: Loading
    Creep K/D/N: Loading
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Warlock Tour Winner [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Hacks staff member [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] Best B&U mod of the month 3 times in a row [EPIC] 3rd Place Admins Cup [EPIC] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • My channel
    • Awards
Re: Special Events Discussion
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2021, 22:06 »
looking back now I realise how much time I wasted here, considering I do not even get the staff recognition for my contribution

That feel when you spend years contributing and only now realize how things work

Offline iErnesto94

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • Server Account: iErnesto94
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards LA Ladder #1 [LEGENDARY] VIP Member [EPIC] Lagabuse Legend LA High Staff [EPIC] Contributor [COMMON] Patreon Supporter [RARE] DotA 5v5 Tournament Winner [EPIC] Winner of 1 Photoshop Challenge Contest [COMMON] 1v1 Windrunner Tour Winner [RARE] B&U staff member [RARE] Tours staff member [RARE] GFX staff member [RARE] 3v3 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] 3rd Place Admins Cup [EPIC] Best Couple (2v2) Tour Winner [RARE] LA Ladder #4-10 [LEGENDARY] Best B&U mod of the month [RARE] LA staff - Moderator IHRL Member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2021, 19:24 »
@jeandarc to organize a special event for us, what you think?
Somehow I miss the GFX competitions

I was actually coming back for GFX, since I am studying programming now and we just started learning Gimp but noticed some childish stuff... so fuck it; I'll practice Gimp elsewhere.

Anyhow, here's my problem with this place:
- lost a few years volunteering in B&U: have decent amount of req solved, trained a few guys as HM and I was even B&U admin till I decided to step back and let someone else with more free time take the job. The only "concrete" reward for volunteering are some small pictures that symbolize it: icons as award, and icon as member tag. Where are mine?

I do actually care for such small things because looking back now I realise how much time I wasted here, considering I do not even get the staff recognition for my contribution. I remind some of you that are still here since the time I was in staff that there was a period in which the staff was 90% "dead" and I was holding mostly by my own the entire forum. I worked in all of forum's sections and holded 3 higher staff titles (above HM). I am "Retired moderator". If I didnt hit that Honored mark than you should reevaluate the entire Honored list, cause there's at least half of it less deserving than I was, not to mention the Retired group, in which I'm currently on, where there are guys that solved a few requests or hosted 3 tours and left. Also, there was some B&U best mod of the month awards. I was from the few firsts that got such award, back in 2015 and I also added to that award list as B&U admin and GFX admin without adding to myself all of them, like Jimmy, but I still had one or two. Ironically, someone removed that from my profile too.

This is still a small community and will survive like this, small, with the guys that were here since start. Place some value on each of us cause eash loss is a big loss. I, for one, I could come back as helping hand, maybe helping with coding, at least design or just be 1 more guy online that makes some traffic. The stupid icons mean nothing for administration, you can give them all or take all back, it means nothing for cen, AP, jean etc but means something for those that should have them cause is the only reward you have to give.

You can remove this post too, I got used getting my complaints removed, even if I didnt insulted someone and even if I make a point, better yet... especially if I make a point. I'm the the 1st one getting this treatment and I bet I wont be the last.

Anyway, anyhow, I wish all of you GL & HF!  ^-^ ^-^ :-* :-* :-*
!Granted

Offline ksv

• Administrator
  • HolyShit Member
  • Respect !
  • Server Account: ksv
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Lagabuse Legend Best B&U mod of the month [RARE] Contributor [COMMON] B&U staff member [RARE] LA High Staff [EPIC]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2021, 23:20 »
@Renovatio I hear you. Let me run some things, will be back to you. Respect.
Lag Abuse

Offline Renovatio

• Retired Moderator
  • HolyShit Member
  • Server Account: -Renovatio.
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards 2nd place on GFX Ladder 2015 [UNIQUE] B&U staff member [RARE] Winner of 3 Challenges of the Week [RARE] Winner of 10 Signature of the Week Contest [LEGENDARY] GFX Tournament Winner [UNIQUE] Forum staff member [RARE] 1st place on GFX Ladder 2018 [UNIQUE] Winner of 10 Photo Manipulation Contest [LEGENDARY] Making 50 bets in Footbal Betting [COMMON] Violinist - Music Quiz #1 [EPIC] 1st place on GFX Ladder 2017 [UNIQUE] Winner of 15 Photoshop Challenge Contests [LEGENDARY] Tournaments Contribution [RARE] Jungle Race Tour Winner [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] 1st place on GFX Ladder 2016 [UNIQUE] GFX staff member [RARE] 2nd place in Special Event #2 [UNIQUE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2021, 16:53 »
@Renovatio I hear you. Let me run some things, will be back to you. Respect.

It's ok. Dont worry about it. Sometimes I'm just a drama queen. Tnx  :-* :peace:
Join GFX Competitions. Awards, titles, acces to private forum areas and more are given. Is fun.