Author Topic: Make a command, like !min command, for winrate.  (Read 7724 times)

Offline CoMMoN1337

• WickedSick Member
  • Topic Author
  • twitch.tv/RobertC1337
  • Awards Rubick Tournament Winner Pudge 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Invoker 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Admiral Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Windrunner Tour Winner [RARE] Techies 1v1 Tour Winner [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] 5v5 Night Cup Winner [EPIC] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE] 1v1 Nevermore Tour Winner [RARE] Best Couple (2v2) Tour Winner [RARE] Puck Tournament Winner Award [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Make a command, like !min command, for winrate.
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2015, 18:42 »
!minwr 60%, automatically kicks everyone below 60% winrate, and it should take into account only wins and losses obviously, not draws.

So from top 30 PSR players you would allow only 8 to play, cause they don't have 60%+ winrate???

I wouldn't allow even all those 8 to play, because most of them are equally noobish as some random 1500 guy.

As I have always said I never gave anything even close to resembling a shit about the "top30" players, I do not look at a flawed ladder system when judging someone's skill, I look at other things, things that are actually relevant, and one of them is win rate. I do not care if you are #1 or #1000000 on this ladder. I'm interested in relevant things only.
!minwr 60%, automatically kicks everyone below 60% winrate, and it should take into account only wins and losses obviously, not draws.
THIS IS A MEGA-ORBITAL-HYPER-BULLSHIT AND ITS NOT GONNA HAPPEN!
Based on ? What you said above doesn't qualify as a reason, again, because the PSR system is flawed.

What more evidence do you need that this PSR system is completely irrelevant at determining someone's skill if even top30 players have such low win rate ? This ladder works like this: play the most, be #1. Nothing to do with skill, just amount of time invested.

The win rate command can help people who are interested in better games with better players far more than the PSR system can, and again, I'm not asking to remove the psr command, just for this command to be added too, so you are clearly overreacting.

Offline Face^Guy

• Quantum Theroist
  • Honored member
  • WickedSick Member
  • Awards Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] Bell Ringer - Music Quiz #3 [COMMON] Tournaments Contribution [RARE] 1v1 Earthshaker Tournament Winner [RARE] Hacks staff member [RARE] Tours staff member [RARE] 2nd Place Admins Cup [EPIC] Techies 1v1 Tour Winner [RARE] Tiny Tournament Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2015, 18:55 »
For me +1
EDIT: adjustably !minwr ofcourse, coz fromed 60% could be problem.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 18:57 by Face^Guy »

Offline XeqtR

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.
  • Awards Patreon Supporter [RARE] Legion TD Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2015, 20:36 »
For me +1
If it will be implemented, it will deffinitely not be 60%.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Offline CoMMoN1337

• WickedSick Member
  • Topic Author
  • twitch.tv/RobertC1337
  • Awards Rubick Tournament Winner Pudge 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Invoker 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Admiral Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Windrunner Tour Winner [RARE] Techies 1v1 Tour Winner [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] 5v5 Night Cup Winner [EPIC] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE] 1v1 Nevermore Tour Winner [RARE] Best Couple (2v2) Tour Winner [RARE] Puck Tournament Winner Award [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2015, 21:02 »
For me +1
If it will be implemented, it will deffinitely not be 60%.
Well yes, I meant adjustable, I just gave an example of how it could look, I wasn't suggesting a fixed 60%. :P

Offline T-001

• MonsterKill Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2015, 21:38 »
Spoiler for Hiden:

So from top 30 PSR players you would allow only 8 to play, cause they don't have 60%+ winrate???

that.
from my point of view, as long as you host, you can choose the players you want. but to make such an idiotic command for all players ...as far as i know, most ppl pick based on psr. considering how easy is to lose a game because of a bad team, your stat can be easily lost. and in case you have forgotten, this game is made to be PLAYED and ENJOYED. not to kick others and accept only super mega imba bla bla bla players. this is not some sort of international contest, this is a simple network made for all players.

Offline CoMMoN1337

• WickedSick Member
  • Topic Author
  • twitch.tv/RobertC1337
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2015, 03:17 »
Spoiler for Hiden:

that.
from my point of view, as long as you host, you can choose the players you want. but to make such an idiotic command for all players ...as far as i know, most ppl pick based on psr. considering how easy is to lose a game because of a bad team, your stat can be easily lost. and in case you have forgotten, this game is made to be PLAYED and ENJOYED. not to kick others and accept only super mega imba bla bla bla players. this is not some sort of international contest, this is a simple network made for all players.
None of your arguments make any sense considering the current commands and the current system.

This is not an international contest, it's just a network made for players ?
What is the ladder for then ? To climb on it ?
What is the PSR for then ? Aesthetics ?
Why shouldn't I be able to kick bad players faster, why should I individually check every single player ? Because you say "oh anyone can lose a game because of a bad team, you can kick people with low win rate individually" ? Do you have any idea how long it takes ?

Of course anyone can lose with a bad team, but how exactly do you jump from that statement to saying this idea is idiotic ?
"Anyone can choke on food, so eating food is idiotic." <- This doesn't sound too far away from what you said.

Just because you can lose some games because of a bad team doesn't mean win/lose ratio is irrelevant, it's actually the most relevant thing in these stats that are present now.

There are always games you cannot win, however in time, for example in 1000 games:

-If you have 500 wins and 500 losses you are a player which makes no difference in games, a player that wins or losses without it being your merit, or a player which makes his team win or lose randomly because sometimes he plays ok, and other times he plays horrible.
-If you have 250 wins and 750 losses you are a player that, more times than not, makes your team lose.
-If you have 750 wins and 250 losses you are a player that, more times than not, makes your team win.
Always. No exceptions at this higher number of games.
You really think this can't be used to improve the quality of games ?

This game is to be played and enjoyed ? Well, I don't know about you, but I play and enjoy games more if I play with players that actually bother to win their games.
I don't really enjoy playing with afkers, game ruiners, people that give up instantly, (which have lower win rate), and so on.

It's easy to just go around saying ideas are idiotic, but at least try to come up with a valid reason for saying that.

A valid reason for rejecting this idea, for example, would be that if it is a public command, people will use it even though they should be kicked too, for example some 30% win rate guy (owner) uses !minwr 60%, and goes ahead and ruins that game for the team he is in because he's gonna play far worse than ppl with above 60% win rate.
To avoid this it can be made to kick everyone which isn't included in that !minwr, including host/locked people. (and if the host is kicked with the command, the game should also be unhosted to avoid random empty lobbies, I don't think that's hard to code, since "/w lagabuse.com !sc" was coded for everyone who joins to automatically do it, the code is something like "if host is kicked from !minwr, make him type !unhost in lobby before he gets kicked)

Or another valid reason to reject this idea would be the random chaos it could create. If you think it will get used improperly by most of the server, (which is indeed very possible because many will probably not understand it).
To avoid this it could be made to be a VIP command, a command given only to people in the staff when they are the game owner and tournament winners when they are the game owner, etc.

These are the only real reasons to reject this, but as you can see, there are solutions for each.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 03:26 by CoMMoN1337 »

Offline LexMonster

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • Server Account: Lexy
    PSR: Loading
    Games: Loading
    Wins/Loses: Loading/Loading
    Hero K/D/A: Loading
    Creep K/D/N: Loading
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Winner of 3 Signature of the Week Contest [RARE] Winner of 5 Photoshop Challenge Contests [EPIC] Tours staff member [RARE] Forum staff member [RARE] GodLike Tournament Member [LEGENDARY] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] 5v5 Xmas Tournament Winner [EPIC] Drummer - Music Quiz #2 [RARE] Bell Ringer - Music Quiz #3 [COMMON] Footman Tour Winner Award [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2015, 11:07 »
This suggestion is being discussed in private part of forum, and I ll let you know about the outcome as soon as discussion ends.
I am supporting this command, because imo it can bring more good than harm. But not everyone agrees with me.

Offline T-001

• MonsterKill Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2015, 15:27 »
i will say it from the start, all criticism here refers to the idea and not the person. That being said :  ladder? For those who want to compete. I don't for example. I don't care much abt psr either- another example. But according to your example, i should be kicked if i don't have 60% win. Really man, who exactly you think you(or anyone else) are to restrict access to games to anyone? Psr? Smth to make the game more interesting. Not to exclude masses of players. You say the games are for elites only? Should i remind you what command you use for hosting? !pub = public=anyone can join? You want elites? Try some leagues, ss, tournaments etc. Leave out the public games. Oh and in case you will say you need decent if not elites, how do u think y become decent if you don't practice? Because ppl don't join unrated games and if y need bots to play....why do u need LA for? You don't like how long it takes? Set a !min if you really must and start. You will see how hard it is to carry bad players after you. Now that's challenging. You want a good team? Lock some friends than hand pick the other 5 enemies. You gave the example of food. Bad one. Now here is another one. Why should anyone in the future join a game in which players not only flame you but kick you from the start since you are not good enough for their standards? They bought warcraft3 and installed the game + joined the server....to meet anyone's standards? Wins? Sure it is nice. But i have seen a lot of cases in which ppl abandon the game because they are afraid to lose psr. It is currently bannable with "refuse to play" warn. I have also seen players playing to the end and turning the tides because they were not afraid to lose stats or psr. You tell me abt the chances. Let me remind you that nobody wins any money in rl life by winning w3 games. So why so much fuss abt it? Go in a tournament, win it against hard players and move on. 500 games with a x% chance of winning ...lol really? When i am coming back from work tired as hell, you really think that i wanna see percents or have some fun? As in actually play smth and not stay out waiting for someone to consider i am as good as some others who don't have anything else to do than stay on the game the whole day? And let's think backwards. If you are good, y can join a league. But if y are not what will you do? Y get kicked even from public games! Than make new and new accounts for acceptable stats, break rules since you have new accounts anyway... The other reasons will be discussed by the others. I explained my point of view.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 15:47 by T-001 »

Offline Lagi

• "Unnecessary manager of irregular transactions"
  • Honored member
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Awards Winner of 1 Signature of the Week Contest [COMMON] Winner of 5 Photoshop Challenge Contests [EPIC] Hacks staff member [RARE] Forum staff member [RARE] 1st place on GFX Ladder 2015 [UNIQUE] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE] Violinist - Music Quiz #1 [EPIC] Drummer - Music Quiz #2 [RARE] Trumpeter- Music Quiz #3 [COMMON] 2nd Place of GFX Special Event #1 [UNIQUE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2015, 16:47 »
Spoiler for Hiden:
i will say it from the start, all criticism here refers to the idea and not the person. That being said :  ladder? For those who want to compete. I don't for example. I don't care much abt psr either- another example. But according to your example, i should be kicked if i don't have 60% win. Really man, who exactly you think you(or anyone else) are to restrict access to games to anyone? Psr? Smth to make the game more interesting. Not to exclude masses of players. You say the games are for elites only? Should i remind you what command you use for hosting? !pub = public=anyone can join? You want elites? Try some leagues, ss, tournaments etc. Leave out the public games. Oh and in case you will say you need decent if not elites, how do u think y become decent if you don't practice? Because ppl don't join unrated games and if y need bots to play....why do u need LA for? You don't like how long it takes? Set a !min if you really must and start. You will see how hard it is to carry bad players after you. Now that's challenging. You want a good team? Lock some friends than hand pick the other 5 enemies. You gave the example of food. Bad one. Now here is another one. Why should anyone in the future join a game in which players not only flame you but kick you from the start since you are not good enough for their standards? They bought warcraft3 and installed the game + joined the server....to meet anyone's standards? Wins? Sure it is nice. But i have seen a lot of cases in which ppl abandon the game because they are afraid to lose psr. It is currently bannable with "refuse to play" warn. I have also seen players playing to the end and turning the tides because they were not afraid to lose stats or psr. You tell me abt the chances. Let me remind you that nobody wins any money in rl life by winning w3 games. So why so much fuss abt it? Go in a tournament, win it against hard players and move on. 500 games with a x% chance of winning ...lol really? When i am coming back from work tired as hell, you really think that i wanna see percents or have some fun? As in actually play smth and not stay out waiting for someone to consider i am as good as some others who don't have anything else to do than stay on the game the whole day? And let's think backwards. If you are good, y can join a league. But if y are not what will you do? Y get kicked even from public games! Than make new and new accounts for acceptable stats, break rules since you have new accounts anyway... The other reasons will be discussed by the others. I explained my point of view.
Don't forget that it is an option only for those who want. If they want to play with 1800+ players and 55% winrate or so, they can. It's the game creators right to decide. Those who don't want it, can join other game, or host their own with their own measures. The fact that it's called "public" is just some left-over of the original battlenet. We can rename this command to ".bullshit" or whatever, but basically lagabuse.com is a ladder, an "open league", and like every ladders it has players with different skills. That's why hosting a game is available for everyone, so they can set up different limits to get the game they want. This winrate thingy would be just another limit to make it more precise. Noone is forced to play in specific games. If you don't want to compete in the ladder, you can host your own game without any limitations, in this case, this command wont make any sense/harm for you, but can make a good use for others, who want to compete. Ofc practise will show them which values can actually work and which values can't. If somebody make like 85% winrate and still keep it on 85% after 3 hours of inefficient hosting, well... Stupid ppl will always be stupid :D But 53-55-58 can work out nicely imho.

About being kicked coz of this command from a game, well it's one of the most basic rules of lagabuse, that game owner can decide whom he want to play with, and whom he doesn't want to play with, cause anybody can host his own game.

So overall: Everybody can host his own game, and decide if he wants to use this command or not. It won't make any harm for the others at all.
I know what I stand for;
I STAND FOR ME!!!

Þetta er það lengsta sem ég fer.
Aldrei aftur samur maður er.
Ljóta leiðin heillar nú á ný,
daginn sem ég lífið aftur flý.

Offline CoMMoN1337

• WickedSick Member
  • Topic Author
  • twitch.tv/RobertC1337
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2015, 18:08 »
Spoiler for Hiden:
Don't forget that it is an option only for those who want. If they want to play with 1800+ players and 55% winrate or so, they can. It's the game creators right to decide. Those who don't want it, can join other game, or host their own with their own measures. The fact that it's called "public" is just some left-over of the original battlenet. We can rename this command to ".bullshit" or whatever, but basically lagabuse.com is a ladder, an "open league", and like every ladders it has players with different skills. That's why hosting a game is available for everyone, so they can set up different limits to get the game they want. This winrate thingy would be just another limit to make it more precise. Noone is forced to play in specific games. If you don't want to compete in the ladder, you can host your own game without any limitations, in this case, this command wont make any sense/harm for you, but can make a good use for others, who want to compete. Ofc practise will show them which values can actually work and which values can't. If somebody make like 85% winrate and still keep it on 85% after 3 hours of inefficient hosting, well... Stupid ppl will always be stupid :D But 53-55-58 can work out nicely imho.

About being kicked coz of this command from a game, well it's one of the most basic rules of lagabuse, that game owner can decide whom he want to play with, and whom he doesn't want to play with, cause anybody can host his own game.

So overall: Everybody can host his own game, and decide if he wants to use this command or not. It won't make any harm for the others at all.
I forgot about this topic, but I'll say it again.

T-001, none of your arguments make any sense considering the current commands and the current system.