Author Topic: Hotkey  (Read 1547 times)

Offline CoMMoN1337

• WickedSick Member
  • twitch.tv/RobertC1337
  • Awards Rubick Tournament Winner Pudge 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Invoker 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Admiral Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Windrunner Tour Winner [RARE] Techies 1v1 Tour Winner [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] 5v5 Night Cup Winner [EPIC] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE] 1v1 Nevermore Tour Winner [RARE] Best Couple (2v2) Tour Winner [RARE] Puck Tournament Winner Award [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Hotkey
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2015, 14:33 »
I am using hotkeys, of course, but they are the standard ones, unmodified.

That means unmodified item purchase hotkeys in the shop, unmodified spell hotkeys, and unmodified numpad for use-able items, like I said, standard.

If you look at my games in items inventory, you will notice I always put the "more important" active items (dagger, force, medalion, tp etc.) on numpad slots 7 4 1, because those are a little bit closer than numpad slots 8 5 2 towards the left side of the keyboard (since I only use my left hand for the keyboard while playing at all times and keep the right hand on the mouse while playing at all times), it actually is a pretty much completely irrelevant closeness towards the left side of the board between 7 4 1 and 8 5 2, since it's a very small difference, but I like it that way.

Offline Lagi

• "Unnecessary manager of irregular transactions"
  • Honored member
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Awards Winner of 1 Signature of the Week Contest [COMMON] Winner of 5 Photoshop Challenge Contests [EPIC] Hacks staff member [RARE] Forum staff member [RARE] 1st place on GFX Ladder 2015 [UNIQUE] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE] Violinist - Music Quiz #1 [EPIC] Drummer - Music Quiz #2 [RARE] Trumpeter- Music Quiz #3 [COMMON] 2nd Place of GFX Special Event #1 [UNIQUE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2015, 14:45 »
I am using hotkeys, of course, but they are the standard ones, unmodified.

That means unmodified item purchase hotkeys in the shop, unmodified spell hotkeys, and unmodified numpad for use-able items, like I said, standard.

If you look at my games in items inventory, you will notice I always put the "more important" active items (dagger, force, medalion, tp etc.) on numpad slots 7 4 1, because those are a little bit closer than numpad slots 8 5 2 towards the left side of the keyboard (since I only use my left hand for the keyboard while playing at all times and keep the right hand on the mouse while playing at all times), it actually is a pretty much completely irrelevant closeness towards the left side of the board between 7 4 1 and 8 5 2, since it's a very small difference, but I like it that way.
On my keyboard for example letter A is like 40cm far from numpad 4. I have no idea how the fuck it is usable in fights, not to mention shifting up something like sand king epicenter + dagger on keyboard. Its more like a painful thing to play like this, but at least hella uncomfortable. Most ppl play dota1 for fun and relax, not to get tendonitis. :)

Back to original topic: in the options of war3 acticvate the "use customkeys" option, and than look up the customkeys.txt, make a backup and try to modify it. the original function for space is [focushero] as i remember try to look it up and set to a non used button.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 14:47 by Lagi »
I know what I stand for;
I STAND FOR ME!!!

Þetta er það lengsta sem ég fer.
Aldrei aftur samur maður er.
Ljóta leiðin heillar nú á ný,
daginn sem ég lífið aftur flý.

Offline Povratnik

• Pro Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2015, 14:47 »
Gosh i just need to bind Num8 to "Space" Not modify anything....>.<
Halp plox im failing for 2 days straight....
Modul Nostru

Offline Lagi

• Honored member
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Awards Winner of 1 Signature of the Week Contest [COMMON] Winner of 5 Photoshop Challenge Contests [EPIC] Hacks staff member [RARE] Forum staff member [RARE] 1st place on GFX Ladder 2015 [UNIQUE] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE] Violinist - Music Quiz #1 [EPIC] Drummer - Music Quiz #2 [RARE] Trumpeter- Music Quiz #3 [COMMON] 2nd Place of GFX Special Event #1 [UNIQUE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2015, 14:54 »
Oh. I thought its working, just making the original behavoir of space bar pressing, simultanously with the num8.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByyLXPQJVqDRTUtkREd5Um8zZEk/view?usp=sharing
It is the warkey version i use, and it can bind space to numpad for item usage. Try this. i guess you just using an older or worse version of warkey.
I know what I stand for;
I STAND FOR ME!!!

Offline DatFace

• Rorschach
  • Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • ..see what im chweing iz a magic shroom
  • Awards Winner of 1 Signature of the Week Contest [COMMON] Winner of 3 Photoshop Challenge Contests [RARE] Tours staff member [RARE] Forum staff member [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] Tour Pro Member [EPIC] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2015, 15:03 »
Quit dota nab (Povratnik)

:P

Offline Povratnik

• Pro Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2015, 16:02 »
Link not working lagi :/
Modul Nostru

Offline Lagi

• Honored member
  • MonsterKill Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2015, 16:58 »
Link not working lagi :/
It works fine at me hmm.. I uploaded it here now: http://www.filedropper.com/dotalogycomwarkey68en
I hope this one works, i tested and it work on my comp too.
I know what I stand for;
I STAND FOR ME!!!