Author Topic: Battleground Chat Room  (Read 8961 times)

Offline Jimmy

• Honored member
  • GodLike Member
  • Topic Author
  • (Retired) LA Clan Chieftain
  • Awards Best B&U mod of the month 5 times [LEGENDARY] MVP Member [LEGENDARY] LA High Staff [EPIC] Lagabuse Legend Advisor Winner of 5 Photoshop Challenge Contests [EPIC] IHRL Member [RARE] Best Tours mod of the month 3 times in a row [EPIC] VIP Member [EPIC] Contributor [COMMON] B&U staff member [RARE] Hacks staff member [RARE] Tours staff member [RARE] Forum staff member [RARE] Best Hacks Moderator of the month [RARE] GodLike Tournament Member [LEGENDARY] Best Tours mod of the month 5 times in a row [LEGENDARY] Tournaments Contribution [RARE] DotA 5v5 Tournament Winner [EPIC] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Battleground Chat Room
« on: December 01, 2014, 02:49 »
LAGABUSE PROUDLY PRESENTS
Powered by Eurobattle and Safelist

BATTLEGROUND CHAT ROOM
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 15:55 by DatFace »

Offline Asandir

• Kingmaker
  • Honored member
  • WickedSick Member
  • Member of the Fellowship of Seven
  • Awards Warlock Tour Winner [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] 3v3 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE] 1v1 Nevermore Tour Winner [RARE] Bell Ringer - Music Quiz #3 [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: 5v5 Battleground
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2014, 09:02 »
I request award for best supports

Offline CoMMoN1337

• WickedSick Member
  • twitch.tv/RobertC1337
  • Awards Rubick Tournament Winner Pudge 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Invoker 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Admiral Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Windrunner Tour Winner [RARE] Techies 1v1 Tour Winner [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] 5v5 Night Cup Winner [EPIC] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE] 1v1 Nevermore Tour Winner [RARE] Best Couple (2v2) Tour Winner [RARE] Puck Tournament Winner Award [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2014, 09:34 »
Why isn't there a professional feeder award jimmy, for this asandeer guy. :D
He earned it. :D

Offline ColdWorld

• Lady's Flame
  • Retired Moderator
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Imaginaerum
  • Awards Hacks staff member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2014, 12:48 »
So sad, awards only for position 1/2.
SUPPORTS WIN GAME, NOT CARRY! SUPPORT U LOW NOOBS.
Where there is desire, there is gonna be a flame!
Where there is a flame, someone's bound to get burned!
But just because it burns doesn't mean you're gonna die!
You've gotta get up and try, and try, and try!

Offline div.ide

• Honored member
  • WickedSick Member
  • Awards Winner of 1 Challenge of the Week [COMMON] Forum staff member [RARE] Drummer - Music Quiz #2 [RARE] Trumpeter- Music Quiz #3 [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2014, 13:30 »
Did you decide for eliminaiton format yet? I've seen that you suggested BO3, but if you actually manage to gain attention of enough teams, this will simply not work because of time restrictions.
01010111 01100101 01101100 01101100 00100000 01100100 01101111 01101110 01100101 00101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110010 01100100 00101110

Offline CoMMoN1337

• WickedSick Member
  • twitch.tv/RobertC1337
  • Awards Rubick Tournament Winner Pudge 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Invoker 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Admiral Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Windrunner Tour Winner [RARE] Techies 1v1 Tour Winner [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] 5v5 Night Cup Winner [EPIC] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE] 1v1 Nevermore Tour Winner [RARE] Best Couple (2v2) Tour Winner [RARE] Puck Tournament Winner Award [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2014, 13:56 »
So sad, awards only for position 1/2.
SUPPORTS WIN GAME, NOT CARRY! SUPPORT U LOW NOOBS.
No they don't, they get their team ahead/behind depending on how ok/horrible they are.

Yes, you can't win games without proper supports sometimes because you get too far behind from early-mid, but other times no matter how good supports you have you won't win if you have bad players on the other roles, it goes both ways.

Saying a single role is the most important is simply false.

Offline Jimmy

• Honored member
  • GodLike Member
  • Topic Author
  • Awards Best B&U mod of the month 5 times [LEGENDARY] MVP Member [LEGENDARY] LA High Staff [EPIC] Lagabuse Legend Advisor Winner of 5 Photoshop Challenge Contests [EPIC] IHRL Member [RARE] Best Tours mod of the month 3 times in a row [EPIC] VIP Member [EPIC] Contributor [COMMON] B&U staff member [RARE] Hacks staff member [RARE] Tours staff member [RARE] Forum staff member [RARE] Best Hacks Moderator of the month [RARE] GodLike Tournament Member [LEGENDARY] Best Tours mod of the month 5 times in a row [LEGENDARY] Tournaments Contribution [RARE] DotA 5v5 Tournament Winner [EPIC] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2014, 15:50 »
Support Awards Will Be added .

Did you decide for eliminaiton format yet? I've seen that you suggested BO3, but if you actually manage to gain attention of enough teams, this will simply not work because of time restrictions.
Can u elaborate a bit , so i can understand it better.

Offline Jimmy

• Honored member
  • GodLike Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2014, 16:04 »
People who are willing to Play will decide on how this will work.
Instead of answering with "NO" , "OK" , " Just NO" ; like some people from Staff does.
People who is playing will decide, how they wanna play it, on what conditions they wanna play it and other.

I'we been witness to situations where many gamers expressed themself with their wishes and thoughts,
after what they have recived reply , type " Just NO" etc .

So , bottom line, whatever players decide, it will be like that , because they are playing it , not me.
Imho ,this place has taken a downfall just because of that situations, where people who dont have understanding and love for tha game, take matter in their hands and deny everyone the fun they want.

On the topic that there is not enough people to play Tournaments, Battlegrounds and participate on other
Events that are organized here, that is simply not the truth.

We are all playing here (Most of us) , and there is alot of people playing on Bot.
I think since they are willing to separate 2-4 hours daily to play Dota with Random people, play games where there are many Ruiners , Flamers and other . Surely have desire to play something on a higher level.

Truth is , there is drasticly smaller number of people playing Dota , but those who remain here, are here because they love it ( and that means something ), some time ago ( couple of years ) , people played Dota, beacuse it was somewhat mainstream , now, only those who really love it stayed .
And i think they desirve something better than everyday PUBs with Ruiners, Leavers , Flamers and mofos.

Tons of people on BOt, dont have the slightest idea about what Forum ,and what are we talking/planning here.

When using !ann command , i add /w JIMMY for more informations ; there is Tons of people wispering , what tour , when ,what forum , since where there is tournaments and so on.

And those that dare to join are met with Harsh Comments , judgement and so on.
From people i dont want to mention.
But with Joined efforts , i think we can make something good outta all this.

Damn this is a long post o.O

Offline Ayd.Mev

• Ayd's Admin Safelist Member
  • ''When you feel hopeless think like Atatürk''
  • Server Account: Ayd.Mev
    PSR: Loading
    Games: Loading
    Wins/Loses: Loading/Loading
    Hero K/D/A: Loading
    Creep K/D/N: Loading
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Patreon Supporter [RARE] Contributor [COMMON] LA Ladder #2 [LEGENDARY]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2014, 16:14 »
how to join in battle ? l have a team

Offline div.ide

• Honored member
  • WickedSick Member
  • Awards Winner of 1 Challenge of the Week [COMMON] Forum staff member [RARE] Drummer - Music Quiz #2 [RARE] Trumpeter- Music Quiz #3 [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2014, 16:15 »
Woah, sudden wall of text before i finishing scribbling mine :P

Well, it sort of answers my questions, but bear in mind that if you ask them what do they want, all you will get is riot, opinions will always differ.

Spoiler for Hiden:
To put it simply, if you decided for BO3, you might need lot of time to complete all games even if you get total of 4 teams in brackets.

Asking because you announced nothing particularly conclusive about either brackets (single elimination, double elimination etc.), approximate schedule (one day? multiple days?) or match format (besides it being 5v5 -CD).

I think it's important to plan this a bit ahead just so participants had idea what are they getting into. It's 5v5 after all, games are considerably longer on average (compared to your usual 1v1-3v3 tours), and coordinating 10 players is a bit more tedious than 2-6. If you predict event to last, say, 3 hours, and it suddenly drags into 7, you might have trouble finishing it.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 16:42 by div.ide »
01010111 01100101 01101100 01101100 00100000 01100100 01101111 01101110 01100101 00101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110010 01100100 00101110

Offline Jimmy

• Honored member
  • GodLike Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2014, 16:17 »
Good , thread will be opened where you can Submit your team.
It will be opened as soon as i take council with my Admin regarding all this.

Honestly , i made this event ,and remodeled rules and Awards and other on my own.
I will have to Discuss this with my Admin , and confirm everything.

So, tommorow or such, thread will be opened and you can submit your Gamers for tha Event.

Offline .SaLiH.

• Contributor
  • WickedSick Member
  • http://twitch.tv/hazure97
  • Awards Deer Member LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC] VIP Member [EPIC] Winner of 5 Signature of the Week Contest [EPIC] Winner of 1 Photo Manipulation Contest [COMMON] Winner of 1 Challenge of the Week [COMMON] Winner of 3 Photoshop Challenge Contests [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE] Best Couple (2v2) Tour Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2014, 18:39 »
i agree with jimmy. There are tons of players who doesn't know about this forum or how to register.. There are even players who is afraid of mods.. we have to find some way to collect people in forum and make them come to forum.

Also some activities in forum would be awsome like GFX contests.. some games or stuff like that
The thing is just to get an orginal idea..
SO, IF YOU WILL BE IN THIS STATE EVER, GO AND FIGHT IT, LOL

Offline beastiary

• Pro Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2014, 19:43 »
nightmare +1
lastest map is 6.81d
CD sux
my three pieces, middle piece most important
http://www.twitch.tv/iplayqwerty - support stream, best music
LF support partner

Offline Bart

• Troll Producer
  • Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • L-E-G-E-N-D
  • Awards Winner of 3 Signature of the Week Contest [RARE] Winner of 3 Photo Manipulation Contest [RARE] Winner of 5 Photoshop Challenge Contests [EPIC] Warlock Tour Winner [RARE] Tours staff member [RARE] GFX staff member [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] 3v3 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] IHRL Member [RARE] IHRL Champion [EPIC] IHRL Legend [LEGENDARY] Troll Producer 5v5 Night Cup Winner [EPIC] Best Couple (2v2) Tour Winner [RARE] Castle Fight Winner [RARE] Winner of GFX Special Event #1 [UNIQUE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2014, 19:51 »
and how will you value best support based on what?:D

Offline Jimmy

• Honored member
  • GodLike Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2014, 19:58 »
Good Good , just try to give opinions.
Instead of saying " CD is bad " tell what mode would you like to play and so on.
Be original .

We will Try 5vs5 Tommorow.
People who have Teams , Post it Here.
We will try to see how it goes , after that we will improve it and so on.