Author Topic: Something wrong with points system  (Read 7016 times)

Offline CoMMoN1337

• WickedSick Member
  • twitch.tv/RobertC1337
  • Awards Rubick Tournament Winner Pudge 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Invoker 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Admiral Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Windrunner Tour Winner [RARE] Techies 1v1 Tour Winner [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] 5v5 Night Cup Winner [EPIC] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE] 1v1 Nevermore Tour Winner [RARE] Best Couple (2v2) Tour Winner [RARE] Puck Tournament Winner Award [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Something wrong with points system
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2014, 19:18 »
And the host had to go to this site and check every player what kind of games he played? Or else how do you expect to know if he played apem?
Why are you still talking ? What is your point even ? You just whine here for no reason.

If your point was that this change is bad, you are very wrong.

This change is very good, not only from the simple reason that it is nice for everyone who wants to get to high psr faster, but also because this indirectly affects the number of the multiaccounts created, as a direct result of this change many will abandon the ideea of having 99999 accounts and will focus on making a "big" one, and this means they will be more obedient to the rules also from fear of getting their "big" account banned = more games with no problems in them. This will also increase activity, because you actually have something to gain now if you are active unlike before.

This should've been done a long time ago.

Offline div.ide

• Honored member
  • WickedSick Member
  • Awards Winner of 1 Challenge of the Week [COMMON] Forum staff member [RARE] Drummer - Music Quiz #2 [RARE] Trumpeter- Music Quiz #3 [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2014, 20:50 »
It's a change in good direction, but I can't help to think that minimum values are a bit too high and skewed towards gain which rewards stackers more than it should.

The misconception about ELO based systems (which PSR is) is that it's some sort of highscore you grind for to look cool in front of your friends. No, it's mathematical attempt to give rough approximation of one's relative skills in comparison to others, and the general idea was to use it to provide way to attempt possibly fair matchmaking. The +10/-5 is skewed heavily towards gain, allowing pretty much infinte inflation the longer you play (rather than the better you get), which defies it's primary purpose.

... Then again, leftovers of active community are so small, that system couldn't really calibrate well anyway, so it probably barely matters. But to keep it fair, I'd at least suggest to keep minimal values even for both wins and losses - to  prevent <50% winrates (implying you're not in your skill bracket) from overinflating.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 21:08 by div.ide »
01010111 01100101 01101100 01101100 00100000 01100100 01101111 01101110 01100101 00101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110010 01100100 00101110

Offline Bart

• Troll Producer
  • Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • L-E-G-E-N-D
  • Awards Winner of 3 Signature of the Week Contest [RARE] Winner of 3 Photo Manipulation Contest [RARE] Winner of 5 Photoshop Challenge Contests [EPIC] Warlock Tour Winner [RARE] Tours staff member [RARE] GFX staff member [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] 3v3 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] IHRL Member [RARE] IHRL Champion [EPIC] IHRL Legend [LEGENDARY] Troll Producer 5v5 Night Cup Winner [EPIC] Best Couple (2v2) Tour Winner [RARE] Castle Fight Winner [RARE] Winner of GFX Special Event #1 [UNIQUE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2014, 22:17 »
but it would benefit active players :P

Offline Jimmy

• Honored member
  • GodLike Member
  • (Retired) LA Clan Chieftain
  • Awards Best B&U mod of the month 5 times [LEGENDARY] MVP Member [LEGENDARY] LA High Staff [EPIC] Lagabuse Legend Advisor Winner of 5 Photoshop Challenge Contests [EPIC] IHRL Member [RARE] Best Tours mod of the month 3 times in a row [EPIC] VIP Member [EPIC] Contributor [COMMON] B&U staff member [RARE] Hacks staff member [RARE] Tours staff member [RARE] Forum staff member [RARE] Best Hacks Moderator of the month [RARE] GodLike Tournament Member [LEGENDARY] Best Tours mod of the month 5 times in a row [LEGENDARY] Tournaments Contribution [RARE] DotA 5v5 Tournament Winner [EPIC] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2014, 22:39 »
ffs Div.ide every post sound like Quantum Physics or Applyable matchemathicks or Rocked Science , or any other discipline i cant Spell properly :D

Dude ggwp +1 whatever u post xD
By reading it i feel smarter :D

Offline Astaroth

• Satan Admin
  • Honored member
  • GodLike Member
  • Blood for the Blood God!
  • Awards Forum staff member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2014, 23:10 »
div.ide is perfectly right.

The longer you play the more points you have - this is what current system is, only this, there's nothing more.

You can play, let's say games with players on your level (skill and PSR both) and get upto +20/-20 but win 45 - 55% of those games.
Or you can play games with players far under your skill level and get +10 in 80% of games.

This way you can be #1 in the ladder but then you can't say you're the best - you can say you're the biggest nolifer around here.

The challenge isn't to beat the best players around anymore, the challenge is to play as much games as possible in the shortest time possible.

With all this, the !balance command is just useless and not properly working thing.

Signature by Rocka

Offline try2escape

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2014, 23:52 »
div.ide is right. if this system +10/-5 is applied long enough balance command will be meaningless. Since it will assess the ones that played many games as pro players and the ones that played less as noob players no matter how skilled players are. I would suggest to make it +5/-5 for minimum gain or make balance command according to kill/death ratio. Old system was good I still cannot believe who thought there must be a change(in negative way)

Offline cen

• Eurobattle.net Admin
  • WickedSick Member
  • Lok'tar Ogar
  • Awards Lagabuse Legend LA High Staff [EPIC] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] MVP Member [LEGENDARY]
    • View Profile
    • EuroBattle.net
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2014, 00:00 »
Just in case someone missed my post.. system was changed to 5/5. And we will probably remove it for -em modes so people are discouraged to play -em.

Offline LordDoom

• Pro Member
  • Google must be a woman, it knows everything.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2014, 00:27 »
Just in case someone missed my post.. system was changed to 5/5. And we will probably remove it for -em modes so people are discouraged to play -em.
Can we know Who decided, and why about this change?

Offline nono_oh

• Advanced Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2014, 00:40 »
The community has shrink  that is why I think they though they need it change. The old system was just fine from my point of view.
When they changed the system I checked a guy in the other team and i saw that he played 2 ap eu 1500 games and he got 10 points then i thought something was wrong and i open the thread.

here you can see he got 10 points in 1500 game and he has 1700 witch previously wasnt possible.
http://dota.eurobattle.net/la/forum/index.php?action=gameinfo;sa=game;gid=5592091

Offline CoMMoN1337

• WickedSick Member
  • twitch.tv/RobertC1337
  • Awards Rubick Tournament Winner Pudge 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Invoker 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Admiral Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Windrunner Tour Winner [RARE] Techies 1v1 Tour Winner [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] 5v5 Night Cup Winner [EPIC] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE] 1v1 Nevermore Tour Winner [RARE] Best Couple (2v2) Tour Winner [RARE] Puck Tournament Winner Award [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2014, 03:44 »
div.ide is perfectly right.

The longer you play the more points you have - this is what current system is, only this, there's nothing more.

You can play, let's say games with players on your level (skill and PSR both) and get upto +20/-20 but win 45 - 55% of those games.
Or you can play games with players far under your skill level and get +10 in 80% of games.

This way you can be #1 in the ladder but then you can't say you're the best - you can say you're the biggest nolifer around here.

The challenge isn't to beat the best players around anymore, the challenge is to play as much games as possible in the shortest time possible.

With all this, the !balance command is just useless and not properly working thing.
OR

The new system is perfect for someone who doesn't have so much time and wants to catch up to the real no lifers who are up there (it takes longer to get to #1 with the previous system because psr gain was lower, basic logic) AND then beat them to be #1, since they wouldn't play with anyone lower psr than them while they had 99999 games even though they would get crushed like they're insects because that's what everyone up there is, a glorified insect. And I'm not talking about me personally crushing them, because I still won't play to be #1 on this silly ladder even with this change, (I don't have time for that), I'm talking about others, because there are plenty of other players who just don't have time and they would humiliate those top 50 players easily.
The community has shrink  that is why I think they though they need it change. The old system was just fine from my point of view.
When they changed the system I checked a guy in the other team and i saw that he played 2 ap eu 1500 games and he got 10 points then i thought something was wrong and i open the thread.

here you can see he got 10 points in 1500 game and he has 1700 witch previously wasnt possible.
http://dota.eurobattle.net/la/forum/index.php?action=gameinfo;sa=game;gid=5592091
IT IS BETTER NOW.

You talk only about the negative aspect of the change, what about the good one ? All games will be minimum +5, and VERY important, -5, before if you could get to like 1800 you could do the same, join low games, but the difference is you would always have +1/-0, so even though you suck you would never lose psr by playing like that, that was just stupid, now that is corrected.

Stop complaining already without using your brain, you are getting very boring.

Offline CoMMoN1337

• WickedSick Member
  • twitch.tv/RobertC1337
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2014, 03:46 »
And we will probably remove it for -em modes so people are discouraged to play -em.
Yes you should do that, I thought it was already done otherwise I would suggest it, don't let those -em players get any bonuses, ever. That way they will switch to real dota.

Offline cyb

• GFX Pro Member
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Server Account: cyb
    PSR: Loading
    Games: Loading
    Wins/Loses: Loading/Loading
    Hero K/D/A: Loading
    Creep K/D/N: Loading
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Winner of 3 Photo Manipulation Contest [RARE] Archer Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Winner of 5 Challenges of the Week [EPIC] Winner of 1 Signature of the Week Contest [COMMON] The Predator Tour Winner [RARE] Tournaments Contribution [RARE] Leshrac 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Invoker 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC] Dealing with multiple GFX requests [EPIC] Patreon Supporter [RARE] Winner of 5 Daily Tours [COMMON] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] Techies 1v1 Tour Winner [RARE] Invoker Wars Tournament [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Nevermore Tour Winner [RARE] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2014, 04:10 »
Common can you chill man? I think that all of you have right but for someone this system isn't right. This is topic just for argeing and nothing else,anyway your topic or post wont affect to system and what is more importantly to mod's opinion and decision.

Offline nono_oh

• Advanced Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2014, 13:49 »
Quote from: CoMMoN1337
IT IS BETTER NOW.

You talk only about the negative aspect of the change, what about the good one ? All games will be minimum +5, and VERY important, -5, before if you could get to like 1800 you could do the same, join low games, but the difference is you would always have +1/-0, so even though you suck you would never lose psr by playing like that, that was just stupid, now that is corrected.

You wouldnt even get a point, it will be +0/-0. Now youll get 5 so bet noobs in 1500 games, play 100 games and you are first. And in my opinion that makes this system unnecessary.

Offline CoMMoN1337

• WickedSick Member
  • twitch.tv/RobertC1337
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2014, 14:15 »
Common can you chill man?
qwer can you chill man ? Why are you so angry ? Relax man, it's ok. Calm down. ;D

Where do you see I'm angry ? :D
IT IS BETTER NOW.

You wouldnt even get a point, it will be +0/-0. Now youll get 5 so bet noobs in 1500 games, play 100 games and you are first. And in my opinion that makes this system unnecessary.
It was +1/-0, around 200-300 psr diference, and one more time, both 1500 psr and 2000 psr are noobs.

I don't see what your problem is. It's like you have a salary of 1000 $ / month, the boss offers you 10000 $ / month, and you say "wtf why you change it ? I want only 1000 $ / month, this is so unnecessary." ;D

Offline [Yuma]Psihijatar

• Honored member
  • Awards Hacks staff member [RARE] Tours staff member [RARE] Forum staff member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2014, 15:22 »
Common can you chill man?
qwer can you chill man ? Why are you so angry ? Relax man, it's ok. Calm down. ;D

Where do you see I'm angry ? :D
IT IS BETTER NOW.

It was +1/-0, around 200-300 psr diference, and one more time, both 1500 psr and 2000 psr are noobs.

I don't see what your problem is. It's like you have a salary of 1000 $ / month, the boss offers you 10000 $ / month, and you say "wtf why you change it ? I want only 1000 $ / month, this is so unnecessary." ;D

Must agree .
then he started to ruin game after ignoring everyone

25:53   jebanina   [Allies]   !ignore ood
25:56   jebanina   [Allies]   !ignore blo
26:04      [All]   BLOODMEN killed BloodyHippie
26:06   jebanina   [Allies]   !ignore dmen