Author Topic: Make it bannable to change game mode  (Read 8513 times)

Offline Deja

• Advanced Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Make it bannable to change game mode
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2014, 04:45 »
Last moment spammers who do it on purpose definitely deserve a ban.

The random changes to "satisfy" someone are rare, so we'll check the road before we cross it.
However, we've crossed the road... what happens is a car is following us to hit us when we thought we were safe! :)

Offline CoMMoN1337

• WickedSick Member
  • twitch.tv/RobertC1337
  • Awards Rubick Tournament Winner Pudge 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Invoker 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Admiral Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Windrunner Tour Winner [RARE] Techies 1v1 Tour Winner [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] 5v5 Night Cup Winner [EPIC] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE] 1v1 Nevermore Tour Winner [RARE] Best Couple (2v2) Tour Winner [RARE] Puck Tournament Winner Award [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2014, 05:05 »
And if the gn says "cookies here" there would have to be cookies or ban...

Sometimes host changes both gn and game mode, in such a case he couldn't be banned and you still would be mad (if you would just alt tab to browser or w/e).

Just pay attention, it ain't hard, really.

You can play here for free, you have a bot and you have a staff working for you for free, all you need to do is paying attention.
I feel ignored in this thread :(

OK, listen up.

Your problem:
"I'm comming up to road - with my eyes closed - and wanna cross it. If a driver hits me, I want him arrested."

My solution:
Come to road, look around and wait for right moment to cross the road safely.

See it?
Don't even bother Astaroth, they simply don't have sufficient mental capacities for simple thoughts like these.
That player is banned for spamming.

http://dota.eurobattle.net/la/forum/index.php?topic=157425.msg546993#msg546993
Do you plan on leaving that "4 skadi = perma freeze" which I said 4-5 years ago as a joke
Spoiler for Hiden:
(which you still didn't get, even after 4-5 years, amazing)
til you die there ?

Keep being obsessed, if someone else did what I did you wouldn't do anything, but because it's me you ban me.

As for the rest of you insects, 5v5 dota is ment to be played CM, and CD is an ok alternative but far worse.

The rest of the game modes are COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT.
There's a reason 99% of the tournaments hosted with real money prize pools are CM,
Spoiler for Hiden:
(and no incase you were wondering it's not because of the pretty initials)

I did what I did, because if I put CM or CD in game name, none of you insects will join, even though that is THE ONLY real dota.

Keep playing your retarded ap/sd/ar/rd and praying for warden/legion/axe/sky/oracle/slark etc.

Because that's what dota is all about right ? Picking the same retarded overpowered heroes over and over, because if you would pick ANY other heroes you would go 0-99999999999999999-0.

God forbid someone disturb you from your journey to playing warden/legion/axe/sky/oracle/slark etc. 99999999999999999 times in a row, better ban him or make a rule about it to let you continue.

Oh, and don't even bother replying to me to "argue" with me, I won't read any of your idiotic thoughts.

Enjoy your braindead games.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 05:08 by CoMMoN1337 »

Offline beastiary

• Pro Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2014, 09:09 »
Quite often we join AP/AR/RD games... the host then changes the mode, usually flooding the chat with crappy !p !p !p !p requests, so noone sees. And often people just go out of W3 window and don't check the log before the game starts.

Make it bannable to change game type from ap->ar, ar->rd, rd->ap, etc...
There is nothing that irritates me more than this (I never wish to play AR, if I join, it's by mistake :D).

BTW, never do enough ppl agree to remake, so the game is s***.

well I advise you  either to learn to play more than 3 heroes (or at least the 3 you play bcos you are like 5/15 w/l with them)
or host your own trapem games
-actually if u were able to play at least 20 heroes you would be ok with it, cos there is imba high possibility that 1 of 20 will be availible in rd, and high poss for randomed in ar
+ there are like 10 things you can do to easily avoid those game, some of them were already mentioned
http://www.twitch.tv/iplayqwerty - support stream, best music
LF support partner

Offline M4rkl4r

• ObeyYourThirst
  • Retired Moderator
  • WickedSick Member
  • Life is like a vacuum cleaner, it sucks.
  • Awards Warlock Tour Winner [RARE] 3v3 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] Legion TD Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2014, 10:22 »
well I advise you  either to learn to play more than 3 heroes (or at least the 3 you play bcos you are like 5/15 w/l with them)
or host your own trapem games
-actually if u were able to play at least 20 heroes you would be ok with it, cos there is imba high possibility that 1 of 20 will be availible in rd, and high poss for randomed in ar
+ there are like 10 things you can do to easily avoid those game, some of them were already mentioned

Some people dont play certain modes cause they dont like it not cause they lack the knowledge of playing certain heroes

True story: http://i.imgur.com/PrkX0.png

Longest Introduction Topic

12:34      [All]   totally_StAlKeD killed Geh.TT. :D

Offline Astaroth

• Satan Admin
  • Honored member
  • GodLike Member
  • Blood for the Blood God!
  • Awards Forum staff member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2014, 11:16 »
It is still very simple - if host !starts the game and then spams !f or !p just leave!
There's obviously something wrong, something the host wants to hide.

Don't complain here, just pay a little attention.

Signature by Rocka

Offline Deja

• Advanced Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2014, 12:04 »
15 minutes of attention to be more precise, since that's how long some lobbies last :)

It doesn't mean I don't play all heroes, it just means we play for fun, and it's not fun playing most heroes for most people... it's a choice.
Adding such a rule (to ban jack***es changing the mode on purpose at least) would add to people bi***ing less, and more fun. Not to a police state ;)
There are rules banning game saving and saying "F yo mamma", that's less irritating then being a SPECIFIC hero that gets picked for you for most casual players.

Offline Astaroth

• Satan Admin
  • Honored member
  • GodLike Member
  • Blood for the Blood God!
  • Awards Forum staff member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2014, 17:41 »
When I played here I wasn't in lobby whole time but I checked it every few mins to see what is going on.
And when the game was almost full, I remained in the lobby - to make sure I'll play the game I want.

Signature by Rocka

Offline Deja

• Advanced Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2014, 19:03 »
I completely disagree with that opinion, but I understand it's not my bot, so I cannot do anything else about it :(

P.S. If you want help programming the !aponly !aronly, etc., considering it's string parsing in an existing GProxy shell, I'd be quite happy to help with the programming.

Offline Deja

• Advanced Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2014, 22:06 »
If it is coded in C/C++ or Delphi, it won't be much of a problem. Understading the current code will be the only difficult part.

Offline Jimmy

• Honored member
  • GodLike Member
  • (Retired) LA Clan Chieftain
  • Awards Best B&U mod of the month 5 times [LEGENDARY] MVP Member [LEGENDARY] LA High Staff [EPIC] Lagabuse Legend Advisor Winner of 5 Photoshop Challenge Contests [EPIC] IHRL Member [RARE] Best Tours mod of the month 3 times in a row [EPIC] VIP Member [EPIC] Contributor [COMMON] B&U staff member [RARE] Hacks staff member [RARE] Tours staff member [RARE] Forum staff member [RARE] Best Hacks Moderator of the month [RARE] GodLike Tournament Member [LEGENDARY] Best Tours mod of the month 5 times in a row [LEGENDARY] Tournaments Contribution [RARE] DotA 5v5 Tournament Winner [EPIC] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2014, 03:04 »
If it is coded in C/C++ or Delphi, it won't be much of a problem. Understading the current code will be the only difficult part.

Heh . Nice one , il be the 1st one to welcome you to our staff :)

Offline Lagi

• "Unnecessary manager of irregular transactions"
  • Honored member
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Awards Winner of 1 Signature of the Week Contest [COMMON] Winner of 5 Photoshop Challenge Contests [EPIC] Hacks staff member [RARE] Forum staff member [RARE] 1st place on GFX Ladder 2015 [UNIQUE] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE] Violinist - Music Quiz #1 [EPIC] Drummer - Music Quiz #2 [RARE] Trumpeter- Music Quiz #3 [COMMON] 2nd Place of GFX Special Event #1 [UNIQUE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2014, 11:11 »
I would be happy to see cd/cm games in lobby so i'm not really against these things, at least people can see that there are other modes, not only apem. But on the other hand lie isn't really the best option to promote these cool modes. Especially for new players or lower psr players, what common and forged hosts for fake ap games.  :)
I know what I stand for;
I STAND FOR ME!!!

Þetta er það lengsta sem ég fer.
Aldrei aftur samur maður er.
Ljóta leiðin heillar nú á ný,
daginn sem ég lífið aftur flý.

Offline Deja

• Advanced Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2014, 11:46 »
If it's the only game around, ppl will join it. False pretenses, or changing the mode in lobby, knowing that 7 out of 10 players aren't even watching is just plain being an a**hole :)

Anyway... let me know what the coders think.

I have played DotA before it even became popular, so I think I have the right to say - different modes, different choices, fine - don't make choices for me, I want -ap now only :)

guest49825

« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2014, 00:44 »
Ahahah, some mega mad post;
Just wanted to say about 'dota = teamplay cd/cm' but commy again did it faster than me, dafuq
When u joined this server, u acceped rules here and u had to think what can happen here (like changing mode, its not bannable 'wow, ok, we have to be rdy for this instad of retarded rage').
Feel free for !rmk command, u have it, if u're so low to play some good modes (instead of picking ez heroes whole time, ull not learn smth by keeping play these heroes)
And ofc, u have to check mode by !hcl :/
'so many peoples changes mode' - let me guess, its 2 players only on la with random nicks

Offline Deja

• Advanced Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2014, 10:57 »
No, actually I get 10 out of 100 games changing modes... mostly during night time, when it is the only game (no, I would not play -ar at that time, either).

You think I can't play more heroes? OK, let's say that's the case. Who cares? I want to PLAY for fun what I want to play... not be forced by someone into a mode I don't want to do.

It's not a job... it's a game. All the rules are there so that people wouldn't get annoyed, angry etc. This is just another would fit the exact profile. It would only ban real a**holes :)

Offline CoMMoN1337

• WickedSick Member
  • twitch.tv/RobertC1337
  • Awards Rubick Tournament Winner Pudge 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Invoker 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Admiral Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Windrunner Tour Winner [RARE] Techies 1v1 Tour Winner [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] 5v5 Night Cup Winner [EPIC] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE] 1v1 Nevermore Tour Winner [RARE] Best Couple (2v2) Tour Winner [RARE] Puck Tournament Winner Award [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2014, 11:08 »
No one is forcing you to stay, you are free to leave anytime you want.
If you stay, you agree with the game mode, so you have nothing to complain about. It's your fault.