Author Topic: What's your favorite dota item ?  (Read 3425 times)

Offline jeandarc

• Administrator
  • HolyShit Member
  • Server Account: jeandarc
    PSR: Loading
    Games: Loading
    Wins/Loses: Loading/Loading
    Hero K/D/A: Loading
    Creep K/D/N: Loading
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Lagabuse Legend Winner of 1 Challenge of the Week [COMMON] Winning 3 seasons of Football Betting [EPIC] GFX Tournament Participant [COMMON] Making 50 bets in Footbal Betting [COMMON] GFX staff member [RARE] Winner of 1 Signature of the Week Contest [COMMON] LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC] 1v1 Earthshaker Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Queen of Pain Tour Winner [RARE] Winner of 5 ShadowRaze Tours [LEGENDARY] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] Pudge 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Invoker Wars Tournament [RARE] 1v1 AR Tour Winner [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: What's your favorite dota item ?
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2014, 22:50 »
im pretty sure you've seen how effective is dagger on potm when jean plays it, lil troll

your argument - invalid

Offline CoMMoN1337

• WickedSick Member
  • Topic Author
  • twitch.tv/RobertC1337
  • Awards Rubick Tournament Winner Pudge 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Invoker 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Admiral Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Windrunner Tour Winner [RARE] Techies 1v1 Tour Winner [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] 5v5 Night Cup Winner [EPIC] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE] 1v1 Nevermore Tour Winner [RARE] Best Couple (2v2) Tour Winner [RARE] Puck Tournament Winner Award [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2014, 23:07 »
Wand noobs,it saved ur sorry ass lives countless times,for the price thats like 4x lower than the one of ur blinkie.Its not called magic for no reason.
This is how a noob thinks. Who says you use the dagger to escape ? You use the dagger to kill the entire enemy team. Cute wand, too bad it's useless if the enemies are dead.
Im saying that because wand requires 1 click,not 2 :D
Seriously now,blink and wand are 2 quite different items,blink as initiating one,and wand as turnaround/survival one.Wand can turn around 2-3 man ganks into triple kills a lot of times,which with dagger u probably wouldnt get,since ud just blink away.I agree that blink is quite effective for its cost,but on some heroes,it renders completely useless,while wand on the other hand,is the most cost-effective item in the game,and u can get it on pretty much any hero,except on coldworld's 5 gays,since they suck.
And about killing the enemy team,show me the last game u had rampage or full teamwipe thanks to blink,assuming u werent fed ofc.
"Wand is the most cost-effective item in the game" Cost-effective regarding what exactly ? Healing of hp ? Healing of mana ? A salve and a clarity cost way less to heal both, and heal much more than a full charged wand which takes a while to get, provided they're just not interrupted, and you can juke for that.
Stats ? A circlet and a branch give those stats and cost much less.
A circlet a branch a salve and a mana potion are 400 gold, a wand is 500 gold. Item slots ? Well, those turn-around you talk about pretty much never happen later into the game because of wand, late wand is a wasted slot, and early game you can afford to waste the slots. The fights won't be that long either so your wand won't get that many charges early.

Really ? The only reason turn-arounds happen is because the team with the advantage fucks up OR a good ulti with dagger from some hero with good ulti, or both, most often the team with the advantage fucks up, and second most often both, but there are PLENTY of cases when you just can't say the enemy team fucked up, the blink just did the trick.
I'm not gonna bother looking for many examples, I'll give you one from monax since he streamed it so you can watch video easily, he was far behind when he did this. Good luck doing this with your wand, the dagger allowed him perfect position to do that -> the best burrowstrike in the history of dota 1 and dota 2:
http://www.twitch.tv/alone_monax/c/4877264
I agree that blink is quite effective for its cost,but on some heroes,it renders completely useless...

I wouldn't say blink is useless on any hero o.O

Also, where do you get those items with Earthshaker dude? Maybe in apem noobs
So lets see,why would u want to get blink on gondar,am,qop,potm and so on,i just dont feel like adding a lot of heroes that dont benefit from blink at all.I mean,u could do it,for fun,but u aint really gonna have a lot of profit apart from having 2 blinks instead of one,not to mention that dagger is cancellable.

Which itemS ? Buriza ?
Ive won a ton of games by going mid with es,farming up blink/lothars,and getting buriza right afterwards,snowballed hard,since 5 seconds stun is more than enough to kill anyone,especially since uve got a damage item or two.If the game is going good,try it out,if u consider urself a lucky guy,unlike myself,get buriza and pray for 1,5k crits in 25-30 mins into the game.Its a lot more fun that the aghanims,which doesnt really do that much apart from boosting ur ulti by a bit and making u tankier.
Blink on all those heroes you mentioned is amazing, gondar, you can use invis to go hit someone and nuke, then blink away to safety, qop, you can use the dagger to go in and cast ur spells then blink with ur blink ability away to safety, potm, you can blink in near a target to 100% sure deal double starfall damage then leap away to safety, and so on. Dagger allows you to do much more things than the heroes you get them on are capable of, even a fucking dazzle with dagger can blink + heal + poison to catch up to deal damage, even just to blink in front of an enemy who is running to body block him, dagger is the best item to have in any situation because it let's you do far more stuff than you can normally.

The agha on es can guarantee an instant rampage, your buriza crits are laughable against a good counterinitiator, while u go do a lil solokill "cuz u can cuz stronk crit" then magnus jumps and RPs u and u dead. Es is best played as counterinitiator, even not going in is doing far more to disrupt the enemy team (because they are scared to go near each other for the fear of getting annihilated) than going in and hitting like a reto with autoattack praying for crits and being vulnerable to counterinitiation. Your games vs braindead shits are irrelevant.

Offline jeandarc

• Administrator
  • HolyShit Member
  • Server Account: jeandarc
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Lagabuse Legend Winner of 1 Challenge of the Week [COMMON] Winning 3 seasons of Football Betting [EPIC] GFX Tournament Participant [COMMON] Making 50 bets in Footbal Betting [COMMON] GFX staff member [RARE] Winner of 1 Signature of the Week Contest [COMMON] LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC] 1v1 Earthshaker Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Queen of Pain Tour Winner [RARE] Winner of 5 ShadowRaze Tours [LEGENDARY] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] Pudge 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Invoker Wars Tournament [RARE] 1v1 AR Tour Winner [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2014, 00:48 »
I think blink good for all :))

Offline UltimateTroll

• Pro Member
  • Awards DotA 5v5 Tournament Winner [EPIC] LA Ladder #4-10 [LEGENDARY] LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] 1v1 Queen of Pain Tour Winner [RARE] 1v1 AR Tour Winner [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2014, 08:40 »
jean ur little wannabetroll posts are as irrelevant as u are in a dota game.

Offline ColdWorld

• Lady's Flame
  • Retired Moderator
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Imaginaerum
  • Awards Hacks staff member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2014, 11:37 »
jean ur little wannabetroll posts are as irrelevant as u are in a dota game.
same as your wannabesmartass posts.

On Topic: Best item on dota actually is new meepo for main meepo.
Where there is desire, there is gonna be a flame!
Where there is a flame, someone's bound to get burned!
But just because it burns doesn't mean you're gonna die!
You've gotta get up and try, and try, and try!

Offline Lagi

• "Unnecessary manager of irregular transactions"
  • Honored member
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Awards Winner of 1 Signature of the Week Contest [COMMON] Winner of 5 Photoshop Challenge Contests [EPIC] Hacks staff member [RARE] Forum staff member [RARE] 1st place on GFX Ladder 2015 [UNIQUE] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE] Violinist - Music Quiz #1 [EPIC] Drummer - Music Quiz #2 [RARE] Trumpeter- Music Quiz #3 [COMMON] 2nd Place of GFX Special Event #1 [UNIQUE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2014, 12:44 »

Blink can be handy on every hero.
I know what I stand for;
I STAND FOR ME!!!

Þetta er það lengsta sem ég fer.
Aldrei aftur samur maður er.
Ljóta leiðin heillar nú á ný,
daginn sem ég lífið aftur flý.

Offline Hardcore

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2014, 08:26 »

on farmers

on Dragon Knight!

Offline Shadow

• Pro Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: August 20, 2014, 09:32 »
Ofc dagger is your favourite item, because it makes u pro ^^ anyway, i condiser magic wand quite usefull, much more usefull then clarity or circlet.

Offline LexMonster

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • Server Account: Lexy
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Winner of 3 Signature of the Week Contest [RARE] Winner of 5 Photoshop Challenge Contests [EPIC] Tours staff member [RARE] Forum staff member [RARE] GodLike Tournament Member [LEGENDARY] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] 5v5 Xmas Tournament Winner [EPIC] Drummer - Music Quiz #2 [RARE] Bell Ringer - Music Quiz #3 [COMMON] Footman Tour Winner Award [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: August 20, 2014, 11:37 »