Author Topic: Tournament Moderator Request  (Read 1332 times)

Offline CoMMoN1337

• WickedSick Member
  • Topic Author
  • twitch.tv/RobertC1337
  • Awards Rubick Tournament Winner Pudge 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Invoker 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Admiral Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Windrunner Tour Winner [RARE] Techies 1v1 Tour Winner [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] 5v5 Night Cup Winner [EPIC] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE] 1v1 Nevermore Tour Winner [RARE] Best Couple (2v2) Tour Winner [RARE] Puck Tournament Winner Award [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Tournament Moderator Request
« on: May 24, 2014, 09:33 »
Requirements:
 - Good English communication skills ☑,
 - Well mannered and polite ☑,
 - Fair DotA knowledge ☑,
 - Understanding of the Tournament rules ☑,
 - Teamwork & dedication ☑.

Application
If you meet the requirements and wish to apply please create a topic on the Recruitment board with your biography including:
 - Name, age, country, occupation - Robert, RO

- Current account and server history (past accounts) - CoMMoN, the others are too many to name, this was my oldest and now current.

- Gaming history (how long have you played DotA and where have you played) - I've started playing dota pretty much around the time it came out, and I've played on pretty much every available platform, from the most obscure to the most popular.

- Why do you want to become a mod? - There is way too little activity, now for instance no tournaments have been hosted for well over a week, unacceptable considering how fun and competitive they are and what joy they can provide for all the people of this server.

- Why should we recruit you? - I can host them/manage them, very fast, I type fast so I'll say all the requiered rules before creating the brackets in around 10 seconds max, I !comp fast etc. I've given 6ur all the icons of heroes from playdota.com/heroes converted into the same size/format as the forum rewards some months ago, to ensure the possibility of creation of every single 1v1 apomshnp tournament possible in the game with the icon being available as forum reward, since there are only a few repetitive 1v1s hosted and that is boring. We can host the entire hero pool 1v1 because we have all the icons, so I don't see why we shouldn't. Lina 1v1, cm 1v1, shadow demon 1v1 etc. More variation in tournament hosting -> more tournaments -> more fun -> more activity -> better for everyone.

- Anything else you would like to mention - We should increase the number of tournaments per week, from 3 to atleast 5 or even 7, (and of course to not have any more breaks like this one with over a week of no tournaments at all) imagine a tour each day, people will actually have something to look forward to ingame every day. Again, we should also host all the 1v1 apomshnp in the game, since there is no logical reason to host only a handful of them, even if there aren't all the server icons from all the dota heroes available for rewards for the winner, I'm certain everyone would like to play the tours regardless of that being the case because of the fun/competition/forum award/psr award being enough anyway.

Offline Dr.[H]ouse

• Honored member
  • WickedSick Member
  • IVL
  • Awards Morphling Tour Winner Award [RARE] Invoker 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Windrunner Tour Winner [RARE] Hacks staff member [RARE] Tours staff member [RARE] Winner of Admins Cup [LEGENDARY] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] 3v3 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] Legion TD Winner [RARE] 5v5 Xmas Tournament Winner [EPIC] 1v1 Nevermore Tour Winner [RARE] Best Couple (2v2) Tour Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Tournament Moderator Request
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2014, 05:54 »
Application aproved.

Regards.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 13:51 by 6ur »
If you're absent during my struggle, don't expect to be present during my success.