Poll

Would you like to see full stats reset?

Yes
No

Author Topic: New season (Stats reset)  (Read 11349 times)

Offline Rocka

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • Topic Author
  • bewar doge
  • Awards Winner of 1 Photoshop Challenge Contest [COMMON] GFX staff member [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] IHRL Member [RARE] IHRL Champion [EPIC] IHRL Legend [LEGENDARY] 5v5 Night Cup Winner [EPIC] 2nd Place Admins Cup [EPIC] Legion TD Winner [RARE] 5v5 Xmas Tournament Winner [EPIC] Castle Fight Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
New season (Stats reset)
« on: March 20, 2014, 22:42 »
Dear players,

As you've probably noticed LagAbuse has been taken over by eurobattle.net.
You will see changes coming on short term and also some at long term. Also you will see different people and new people for several positions.

Anyway back to the subject of this topic. Since we see this as a new fresh start we are also thinking of completely resetting all stats. But we are asking you people to give your opinion about this, by voting in the poll and/or posting in this topic. We will try to answer all of your questions and we will discuss any good idea's you will give us in this topic.

So do not hesitate to share your idea's of how to make the stats system and ladder better.

But let me remind you of the fact that there can also be people who are against stats reset.

If you want to share your opinion about this matter here are some points you can add in your post:
- Should we start working with seasons(example: every 6 months new season)
- What benefits could we give to the top at the end of seasons
- What awards could we use

These are just examples, give us all your idea's and we as staff will discuss it and hopefully we can make changes that will be good for everyone who plays here.

Feel free to PM me or any other staff matter regarding this case.
I see trees of wow
such roses too
wow very amaze
for doge and you

20:24    THELOVEBELOW    [All]    everytime you kill es you save a unicorn
20:30    jeandarc    [Allies]    an*
20:33    jeandarc    [Allies]    learn english

Offline Boki_

• SUCK MY DRAGONBALLZ CALL ME GOKU!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: New season (Stats reset)
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2014, 23:15 »
i dont see anything bad if u take some things from iccup----
u have follow there.
u can clear your stats.
TB teambalance gives 30% more points....
there is no K/D/A just win rate... ( removing K/D/A will move teamplay on another lvl)
that is my opinion....
i know that isn't posibile to add that all.... but i don't see anything bad in those things.
regards

Offline CoMMoN1337

• WickedSick Member
  • twitch.tv/RobertC1337
  • Awards Rubick Tournament Winner Pudge 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Invoker 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Admiral Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Windrunner Tour Winner [RARE] Techies 1v1 Tour Winner [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] 5v5 Night Cup Winner [EPIC] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE] 1v1 Nevermore Tour Winner [RARE] Best Couple (2v2) Tour Winner [RARE] Puck Tournament Winner Award [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2014, 04:40 »
Dear players,

As you've probably noticed LagAbuse has been taken over by eurobattle.net.
You will see changes coming on short term and also some at long term. Also you will see different people and new people for several positions.

Finally, nice.

Anyway back to the subject of this topic. Since we see this as a new fresh start we are also thinking of completely resetting all stats. But we are asking you people to give your opinion about this, by voting in the poll and/or posting in this topic. We will try to answer all of your questions and we will discuss any good idea's you will give us in this topic.

Resetting stats is definetly the way to go, there are far too many clueless noobs who think they are good players because of their psr when they just stacked 5 people with 2000+ psr in one team and went to play ap eu noob games vs 1000-1500 psr guys for +1 psr. (abusing the psr giving bug)
Also after some time passes (and in this session, a whole lot of time has passed), there are people with 1000+ games with 1600 psr, when their value should be around 1300 psr, just because of many games played. When you play endlessly your psr inevitably rises, but for many of them it's most likely because of their allies not them, the point is after much time passes the psrs become quite irrelevant and unimpressive.

So do not hesitate to share your idea's of how to make the stats system and ladder better.

To give you an ideea which I think will actually bring people here (even though there are far less dota 1 players nowadays), read this topic http://dota.eurobattle.net/la/forum/index.php?topic=142290.0 (I assume now there will be people capable of modifying a silly lil bot configuration to make it happen)

But let me remind you of the fact that there can also be people who are against stats reset.

The truth is, those people are most likely those clueless noobs (no offense ment buddies, it's just a fact) I was talking about who want to hang on, on their barely reached in 2000 games psr which is completely irrelevant.
Also a change in administration really should be transmitted with something like a psr reset, and given the fact that most people agree with stats reset, it definetly should be done and the vote need not be unanimous.

If you want to share your opinion about this matter here are some points you can add in your post:
- Should we start working with seasons(example: every 6 months new season)
- What benefits could we give to the top at the end of seasons
- What awards could we use

- I'd say every year is better, 6 months seems a bit quick, but it's still much better than every 9999999 years like this current season is.
- Server award for the entire next season, a unique one which is known only for being #1 for example.
- Well there are many to choose from, I think it doesn't matter as long as they are unique, to be easily distinguished from the rest of the accomplishments.

These are just examples, give us all your idea's and we as staff will discuss it and hopefully we can make changes that will be good for everyone who plays here.
Another thing which would be nice to see is adding a winning streak/losing streak counter on the players stat page.
Also more tournaments with heroes which haven't been hosted before. (only a handful of heroes are used, and only very few others recently)

Another thing, opened for debate, should be either removing -em games, either not granting psr for it, either making the psr earned from it from win/loss, half of it. (for odd x numbers of psr awarded, x-1, x/2, x+1)
Why ?
Mainly because -em is not dota, it's a different game.
Another reason is games can end far too quick and it's simply unfair to grant the same psr rewards at win/loss.
Another reason is those who were playing -em will probably switch to normal games, since they won't have any serious psr gains from -em, and they will gradually start learning what dota is after leaving their pick-a-carry-and-win mode. (because of this the number of players will also increase, because there are many players which you don't even notice that they are there, simply because they are playing -em games)

Offline rocka's#2fanboy

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2014, 07:43 »
I like common's ideas, agree with every of them. 1v1 ladder is great, mby i'd finally manage losing after 1year of wins.
Em games are like hi i pick arc warden, die 18 times but still, buy HoM in 6.th min thanx to em.
Win/Lose streak is also good,

+add smth like 'best support award' every month, for those who actually play support and actually buy wards and actually don't lasthit kills, THESE ppl make even 'high' psr games TEAMPLAYABLE, it'd be motivation for them, wouldn't be sad for what statistics they've got.. => better game quality.
:)

Offline iErnesto94

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • Server Account: iErnesto94
    PSR: Loading
    Games: Loading
    Wins/Loses: Loading/Loading
    Hero K/D/A: Loading
    Creep K/D/N: Loading
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards LA Ladder #1 [LEGENDARY] VIP Member [EPIC] Lagabuse Legend LA High Staff [EPIC] Contributor [COMMON] Patreon Supporter [RARE] DotA 5v5 Tournament Winner [EPIC] Winner of 1 Photoshop Challenge Contest [COMMON] 1v1 Windrunner Tour Winner [RARE] B&U staff member [RARE] Tours staff member [RARE] GFX staff member [RARE] 3v3 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] 3rd Place Admins Cup [EPIC] Best Couple (2v2) Tour Winner [RARE] LA Ladder #4-10 [LEGENDARY] Best B&U mod of the month [RARE] LA staff - Moderator IHRL Member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2014, 09:15 »
Since most of the high psr players are active and every good player can be top 50 with some effort , stats should not be resetted.
PSR , (K+A)/D , Win ratio together can PRICESELY proove if a player is pro or not.

2000vs1500 stacks does not exist anymore cause high psr players lost psr this way . If som1 drop 1/10 games and loose 1/10 games then he is -10psr like np.

**Important Note**
Poll's results cannot be trustfull till you add some multiaccount filters.

Offline iNevermore

• WickedSick Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2014, 10:02 »
Well since eurobattle.net took "us" we should bring more people here. Why not to make awards? just like yuppers said
Or somehting like our own wodota clip? Top monthly moves or something like that? LAdota  :D

About commons idea of 1v1 ladder i think its great.
I guess now its most important  to bring people here so this idea should be ok

Yea reseting stats is ok. PEople with 1600 psr are mostly having more skills than people at 1900 autoattacking so this is sad. PEople who are agaisnt stats reset are mostly psr  farmers that will have problems in gettign again the amount of psr got now.

But yes, Id like to see awards and stat reset for now.
Why not opening IHRL again?
Deal with it B)

Offline WORRA

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2014, 10:34 »
I aggre for stats reset even though me and my brother made some nice accs with nice stats and psr.I want stats reset because it hasnt happend for a long time,and there are a lot of players that haave 1800,1900,2000+ that are very bad players but they manage to come there because of the 1k games.So by reseting stats ul give us time to dodge those player in the next 6 monhts :P

INevermor thats bullshit that 1600>1900 dont want to comment that at all.

Yuppers,support his idea.Im a support player and that would be nice.

Em games dont want to even comment,never play them if u want honest em games should have its own ladder sistem because it has nothing to do with normal dota pub game.

Offline WORRA

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2014, 10:39 »
Oh yea and forgot to comment 1v1 ladder that would be good also.
So common face the fact he is not the best mider :D
Sry didnt read your post from start was to long,after comment i read  a bit saw we saying alike.wp :P

Offline iNevermore

• WickedSick Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2014, 10:51 »
I wrote it wrong. Some of the 1600 are better than 1900...
Deal with it B)

Offline CoMMoN1337

• WickedSick Member
  • twitch.tv/RobertC1337
  • Awards Rubick Tournament Winner Pudge 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Invoker 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Admiral Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Windrunner Tour Winner [RARE] Techies 1v1 Tour Winner [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] 5v5 Night Cup Winner [EPIC] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE] 1v1 Nevermore Tour Winner [RARE] Best Couple (2v2) Tour Winner [RARE] Puck Tournament Winner Award [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2014, 11:21 »
Since most of the high psr players are active and every good player can be top 50 with some effort , stats should not be resetted.
PSR , (K+A)/D , Win ratio together can PRICESELY proove if a player is pro or not.

2000vs1500 stacks does not exist anymore cause high psr players lost psr this way . If som1 drop 1/10 games and loose 1/10 games then he is -10psr like np.

**Important Note**
Poll's results cannot be trustfull till you add some multiaccount filters.

**An even more Important Note**
You are one of the biggest examples of the people I mentioned in my previous post, I will quote those parts below in this post.
You have played well over 500 games in the manner I described, and you even abused the ladder by making one of your friends feed you in several games, and the psr on the account you got banned for doing that got transfered to you on your other acc, which is now iorestis94 or something like that.
So the **Important Note** is, your opinion can easily be discarded by everyone, taking the things mentioned into consideration.

Resetting stats is definetly the way to go, there are far too many clueless noobs who think they are good players because of their psr when they just stacked 5 people with 2000+ psr in one team and went to play ap eu noob games vs 1000-1500 psr guys for +1 psr. (abusing the psr giving bug)
Also after some time passes (and in this session, a whole lot of time has passed), there are people with 1000+ games with 1600 psr, when their value should be around 1300 psr, just because of many games played. When you play endlessly your psr inevitably rises, but for many of them it's most likely because of their allies not them, the point is after much time passes the psrs become quite irrelevant and unimpressive.

The truth is, those people are most likely those clueless noobs (no offense ment buddies, it's just a fact) I was talking about who want to hang on, on their barely reached in 2000 games psr which is completely irrelevant.

Offline rocka's#2fanboy

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2014, 11:27 »
Spoiler for Hiden:
[dota4life], eustass_kid

Offline Astaroth

• Satan Admin
  • Honored member
  • GodLike Member
  • Blood for the Blood God!
  • Awards Forum staff member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2014, 11:43 »
@CoMMoN: iErnesto didn't get his stats swapped from iernesto94 because Resor did reset his stats when he banned him.

@yuppers: Support award would be nice but how do you find who's best support? Wards aren't the answer I guess. Every one can buy 20 wards in the end of the game and place them at fountain, thus boosting his stats.

Signature by Rocka

Offline CoMMoN1337

• WickedSick Member
  • twitch.tv/RobertC1337
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2014, 11:50 »
Ladder reset will be good but not in way that you will make anonymous poll which can be abused quite easily..
To be fair, it's far more likely the abuse goes twards the "No" answer, because pretty much the entire server wants stats reset, if we are honest here.
It's been forever since stats were reset. It seems far more likely to me that ernesto for example has 5 other accounts and used them all to say no.
@CoMMoN: iErnesto didn't get his stats swapped from iernesto94 because Resor did reset his stats when he banned him.

@yuppers: Support award would be nice but how do you find who's best support? Wards aren't the answer I guess. Every one can buy 20 wards in the end of the game and place them at fountain, thus boosting his stats.
Yeah, well he got them from somewhere, and if he did that on ernesto account, the smart money says he did that on the one he got it swapped from too, and the smart money says he also stacked high vs very low, so the point still stands.
You are correct about kaolins guy ward suggestion.

Kaolin guy, the ideea is ok, good even, but that is one of the many things that can simply not work because of the way you can buy an infinite number of sentry wards, if you have infinite money, because as you know they don't have cooldown, and the game doesn't distinguish between observers and sentries, so it simply can't be made to work.

Offline Meth0d

• GFX Pro Member
  • Awards GFX Tournament Second Place [UNIQUE] Dealing with multiple GFX requests [EPIC] Winner of 3 Signature of the Week Contest [RARE] Winner of 1 Photo Manipulation Contest [COMMON] Winner of 1 Photoshop Challenge Contest [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2014, 11:55 »
Spoiler for Hiden:
[dota4life], eustass_kid

dodel21 too , autoattack 2k psr..

Offline mrNiceguy

• Honored member
  • GodLike Member
  • Guess who's back :D
    • View Profile
    • When injustice becomes a LAW, resistance becomes a duty
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2014, 12:00 »
Awards will be included, more info about it will be soon. (When my back stops to hurts so I can sit)
when we were fighting againt the biggest power hunger i ever met, MrNiceGuy. Now i see him in you, no, you became way worse than him. He at least had some heart, he cared about ppl who were with him all the time.