Author Topic: Fight for free internet continues  (Read 4691 times)

Offline MyUberNick

• Founder
  • WickedSick Member
  • Topic Author
  • Awards Lagabuse Legend LA High Staff [EPIC] MVP Member [LEGENDARY] LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Fight for free internet continues
« on: November 16, 2013, 05:16 »
Here is the new cispa/pipa/other garbage, TPP, spread the word and stop this agreement too.

Offline LordDoom

• Pro Member
  • Google must be a woman, it knows everything.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Fight for free internet continues
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2013, 09:26 »
 >:(

Offline jeandarc likes sucking dicks

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2013, 09:56 »
too long and boring

Offline MyUberNick

• Founder
  • WickedSick Member
  • Topic Author
  • Awards Lagabuse Legend LA High Staff [EPIC] MVP Member [LEGENDARY] LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2013, 10:29 »
I have one with 45min version, maybe if you understand it better it will be less boring.

Offline ctrl

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2013, 12:17 »
Even so I am against this, I would still love too see a law against sharing music, movies etc.
As an amateur music producer I've seen links of my music downloaded 10k times for free, and over 300 000 views on youtube of just 1 video, and not getting a shit for it.
I really dislike what the whole deal is about, but some restrictions must be made in near future to protect artists.

I am just wondering what anonymous will do after/if this deal is being done.

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2013, 12:21 »
I will have to disagree with you, you are wrong in so many levels.

Offline ctrl

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2013, 12:31 »
I will have to disagree with you, you are wrong in so many levels.

The whole scene/ genre where I make music died cause artists didn't make any money. There is alot more that you don't know and 10 forums I can show you, where people unite to keep the scene alive and buy music from certain artists just so they make more music and don't give up!
 Many good artists made transition too certain styles/genres which they don't like just in order too make living out of it. Before artists made living out of selling records, today is impossible for it, since everything is shared via internet.
Some restrictions must be made about it, all I say.
Did you also know what Steve Jobs did when iPod came out?
If you still disagree with me, make something I can read and respond too instead trolling around just cause you are stupid not too understand what I wrote.

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2013, 12:35 »
being an artist is not only about making music etc (if you are planning to make money out of it), you should know how to sell it and make business out of it

if you are that stupid not to know how to advertise your art, then you are not considered as an artisit

know your role, dummy.

Offline ctrl

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2013, 12:46 »
You see, you are wrong =). Income comes from sales. Promoting is done by label.
over 300k views on just 1 video on youtube? good promotion? no income..
get it now =)? No money in selling music! 20 years ago, all money came from selling records!

Offline CoMMoN1337

• WickedSick Member
  • twitch.tv/RobertC1337
  • Awards Rubick Tournament Winner Pudge 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Invoker 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Admiral Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Windrunner Tour Winner [RARE] Techies 1v1 Tour Winner [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] 5v5 Night Cup Winner [EPIC] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE] 1v1 Nevermore Tour Winner [RARE] Best Couple (2v2) Tour Winner [RARE] Puck Tournament Winner Award [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2013, 12:48 »
Even so I am against this, I would still love too see a law against sharing music, movies etc.
As an amateur music producer I've seen links of my music downloaded 10k times for free, and over 300 000 views on youtube of just 1 video, and not getting a shit for it.
I really dislike what the whole deal is about, but some restrictions must be made in near future to protect artists.

If you want someone to hold your hand then I got some bad news for you. People like you are exactly the kind that they use to make these life freedom restrictions, they sugar coat some shit like this and you eat it then we all pay for it, just cause you are incapable of using your own lil brain.

You uploaded your music to the internet, you made it public, available for download, what exactly did you expect, people to ask to give you money ? You offered it for free. It's your fault.

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2013, 12:49 »
lmao ctrl, apparently your brain has years of delay

Offline ctrl

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2013, 12:58 »

If you want someone to hold your hand then I got some bad news for you. People like you are exactly the kind that they use to make these life freedom restrictions, they sugar coat some shit like this and you eat it then we all pay for it, just cause you are incapable of using your own lil brain.

You uploaded your music to the internet, you made it public, available for download, what exactly did you expect, people to ask to give you money ? You offered it for free. It's your fault.

Ok for dummies.

Let me explain how music buisiness works:

First you make a track, which you offer a label today would be digital label. Now the label is owner of your track also you are owner, all deals today are made 50/50 which come out of only sales. Your track comes out as CDM, also is included on different Compilations and stores like Amazon, iTunes, DjShop, Beatport etc.

The label takes care of promoting the song on right way, uploading short previews on their official youtube page, putting track on good compilations and taking care of it.

Now some guy, lets say jeandarc goes and pays 1 euro just too download track I made, he decides to share it too a friend, that friend shares too another etc.. it keeps going until someone puts track on certain forum, and track is being shared for no charge around 10 000 times on some random forum, torrentz etc.
Now you see my point.

Track is being "cloned" all around internet from 1 buyer. How is this good for me, only thing it brings me is promotion as you said, but no money in it, from now I only earned from jeandarc bought the track and i will get 0.5 euros from it, but in reality i could earn 5000 euros if track was shared 10k times.

Hope this explains it : ). I am sure you can find articles about this, instead arguing with me.

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2013, 13:04 »
and who would buy music these days, please give me a break.

be honest with me, have you bought music till now?

Offline ctrl

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2013, 13:07 »
and who would buy music these days, please give me a break.

be honest with me, have you bought music till now?

Yes i buy music, all artists i support i buy music from them.

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2013, 13:10 »
roflmaotsetungomgwtf