Author Topic: where is the love, where is the fun  (Read 2240 times)

Offline lovekiddos

• Advanced Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
where is the love, where is the fun
« on: July 27, 2010, 16:04 »
i know dota for like 6years and i am not really getting lately what s going on

and i am personally happy to have experience from times when games were actually fun, but these days seriously doing ICC 25 with pugs in WoW or playing Dota on public on bots.. *sigh*

1. i am not getting why everyone s drooling over score and consider ppls "pro" or "noob", u can fart fireballs from ass as william wallace and still with shitty teamwork u will loose game and got pwnd, it s year 2010 and ppls should learn that dota is about teamwork, and item build, spell build etc it s not that important, see lot of people these days run away with full hp from like enemy hero with 10hp and just watching teammate die, congrats

2.why re pro players doing premade groups and hosting "noob" games? answer :hunt score so they will look "pro"? i have to laugh

3.sad fact is that even in "pro" games, if host will make premade group or just group of his friends, it s like 99.9perc that sentinel will win, observed in like 10 or more games by myself

4. i am not getting why host will make premade group and then fill scourge with brasil players in EU game, with pings like 190 and he will end like with score 24:9.. how u can call that "game"?

5. "noob stay or ban" seriously, it s year 2010, and if i will have cent for predicting game results, i will be rich as bill gates or more, most of games are decided in like fist 15mins, and then it s just freekill mode for one team, please correct me if i am wrong, but in like 20 games on pd bot, i never saw a ONE host trying ever to balance game, host will rather ban 2players who left from 40:5 score game, tired of waiting for other team to push and finish the game, they will rather fuck around in woods, with roshan or just hunting more kills, so seriously somebody on this Earth want to tell me that when it s GG ppls should just "play"? so some lucky son of bitch who doesnt have feeders in team, will feel good and waste other people time for another 20 or more mins?
seriously where re pro players who can see when game is not balanced and do changes, do switches, do votekicks, do remakes
this is just getting old people blocking switch, or blockign remake with like 1 vote
there should be command for ending of game and giving victory to side with higher score

i am not getting after these years, how ppls can even have "fun" or good feeling playing such a games, if u re player u need some challenge and not just fight somebody who cant really fight back, seriously i am not gettting if there are some mentally ill ppls playing dota but i am not getting point of behaviour like somebody have 0:8 feeder in team, and "bigshots" from other team are calling whole team noobs and making fun of and being rudel, like seriously how old are u

6. bans, give child atom bomb.. if somebody from host team is leaver or plugger, it s ok, no ban, if somebody will looose connection, or leaver or plugger, 100perc ban, host has to make himself feel strong, he can ban! especially those hosts banning ppsl leaving 40sec before throne or tree is down, really congrats

what s the  sense of system when every lazy fuck who will join channel and write command, will have access to commands of bot, he can do anything he want, and then ppls should write books about bans, ubans or else on forums lol?

no suprise that ppls rather waiting for shit, will create new account which will took less than 1minute... really nice circle of falling shit

7. public, public was always something between deep shit and not so deep shit, so i am not getting all of these ppls, thinking that they re something better than rest, i can turn on our 3computers i can get bros on them and i can guarantee that we will win in every public game, or u can get ppls from clan about u know they have brain and basic knowledge of heroes and it s win, but i dont want to do that, for what?
i am tired of WoW where u need good PVE guild to do some end game raids or heroic modes, i dont want guilds here
and i am not really getting, when ppls who re doing premade groups or group up with friends, what s the fun of constant winning? if u think u re such a bigshots on public, then do real ranked dota matches, and not this public shits
u re so worried about ur score, with which u can do absolute nothing, unless u want to print it and stick to ur forehead, that u cant even shuffle players, i wonder what s fun of playing that

8. mute, is this some nazi latest fashion mode? where s freedom of the speech, burried i guess, u ask host for balance in game like 30:4 and he will mute u or mute chat, really good job
seriously after so many years playing this game, i see that fun is totally disappearing, and dota s being full of ppls who doesnt care about game or fun, they need just score, i still have no idea for what, it s almost becoming a rule that sentinel where s host n friends will always win, seriously some shuffle which can be controlled by host will be great, so games wont be black n white

4v5 , 4v3 year 2010 and some great ppls still saying "it s playable", yeah it s playable when one team doesnt have 10 or more difference in score, what s allready GG
and to find volunteer who will leave for balance at least, which doesnt matter anyway in GG, it s like going to Moon

i really dont remember when  there was party fawkz bots, that people were spamming !SD !SD !SD all the time, seriously what s wrong with u people? is there some competition for bottle of coca cola or what?

9. i think whole score ladder bullshit fucked whole public games, pro games arent pro games anymore, noob games arent noob games anymore, zero fun, i dont know as u do, but i dont have fun killing feeders or just being killed by overfed team, real fun is when chances are equal, that s good game and not this pathetic wanna-be-games i observed this week, it s sad, it s stupid

and if people who re doing bot rules, know this game, and know what fun is, they should really change rules immediately to restore balance, because this is highway to hell for sure
computer games are changing into computer jobs "hey do that" "hey dont do that or ban", congrats
PLAYING SINGLEPLAYER GAMES= MORE FUN, MULTIPLAYER = MORE NERVES AND HATE

Offline Whiskreet

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: where is the love, where is the fun
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2010, 19:35 »
Thanks, captain obvious, those are some new and original insights about PD. Oh wait..

If you've been playing dota for 6 years and wish to experience 'teamplay' then I advise you stop whining and leave PD, this isn't a place for high quality games.

Offline theNoobie

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2010, 10:07 »
Dota makes your e-peen bigger

so deal with it

Offline appleBite

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2010, 11:05 »
6. bans, give child atom bomb..
great comparison.

Well i wrote 1 tread here about all those issues so i can i agree with u, especially 6, 7, 8, 9. Maybe, in time, things will get better, i dunno.
But still u can play dota games, in last season i had like 270 games and, of that, i had 80% scourge pub playing and agree with u on 4. cuz i had a little more losses than wins, well the fact that scourge lose more cuz they r more nabish, i dunno.

And on the end, nothing rly matters cuz IT'S STILL U, AND UR GAMEPLAY. People will see u and ur gameplay still u can get reputation from it, not from stats. And by complaining about stat whores means that u do care about stats too ? I mean if u r careless about it u should give a fuck to it, but i too hate all those idiots, people, hosts who will do all the greedy things for it...
- User is not allowed to use !rmk more than once in 5 mintues
- User is not allowed to use !checkban more than once in 5 mintues
- User is not allowed to use !votekick more than once in 5 mintues (what a bullshit lol)

Offline galax

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2010, 11:17 »
i am not getting after these years, how ppls can even have "fun" or good feeling playing such a games, if u re player u need some challenge and not just fight somebody who cant really fight back, seriously i am not gettting if there are some mentally ill ppls playing dota but i am not getting point of behaviour like somebody have 0:8 feeder in team, and "bigshots" from other team are calling whole team noobs and making fun of and being rudel, like seriously how old are u

6. bans, give child atom bomb.. if somebody from host team is leaver or plugger, it s ok, no ban, if somebody will looose connection, or leaver or plugger, 100perc ban, host has to make himself feel strong, he can ban! especially those hosts banning ppsl leaving 40sec before throne or tree is down, really congrats

9. i think whole score ladder bullshit fucked whole public games, pro games arent pro games anymore, noob games arent noob games anymore, zero fun, i dont know as u do, but i dont have fun killing feeders or just being killed by overfed team, real fun is when chances are equal, that s good game and not this pathetic wanna-be-games i observed this week, it s sad, it s stupid
So many agrees.Nice post.

8. mute, is this some nazi latest fashion mode?
Nice one,made me lol

Offline iluv_meow

• Honored member
  • Pro Member
  • Girl next door
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2010, 11:26 »
Nice post, u clearly speak your mind  ::)
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 15:18 by iluv_meow »
I am a fully grown girl with proper boobs OK?

My new fan below xD
iluv_meow started his mh, admited it in team chat, blinked on us in their forest in fog

Offline XenyStyle

• WickedSick Member
  • Waarsshhhgggg!!! khm...khm..khmm damn this cold
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2010, 13:04 »
well must agree with that ,that "pro" games arent pro.lot of noobs join pro games,but shit happens.try to find a team and make clan wars,dunno what else to say.

about the rest of ur novel...havent read it xD

Offline LuckyDucky

• Advanced Member
  • PDC member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2010, 14:16 »
I don't feel like reading whole topic, it's stronger than me =(

I'll get some coffee and glasses n I'll get back.

brb

Offline Z0Di4C

• Retired Moderator
  • Lets Put a Smile on That Face !
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2010, 14:58 »
...imo that whole post of yours is useless... (most of the things u have mentioned have already been discussed)
..."where is the love, where is the fun" what love (i dont get that one) ? If u want real games i suggest u play in LAN - tones of fun there and good teamplay if ofc u got friends that play dota from the area u live in...and if u want quality games online the best way to do so is to find a constant crew (few ppl that u've played with for some time) and stick with them...  8)