Author Topic: Suggestion  (Read 1509 times)

Offline ek0

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Suggestion
« on: February 16, 2010, 18:03 »
This is a suggestion about game creation, game lobby, and game start.

When a user creates a game, a private game will be hosted.
When the game creator enters the game, he can rehost the game as a public.
When the game is rehosted as public:
  • it can not be rehosted as a private;
  • !swap, !hold, !close and !open commands are disabled;
  • when a player joins, he can't change his slot position;
  • Optional: before a game is rehosted as public, the game owner must specify a game mode (the bot will set the mode using HCL);
  • Optional: before a game is rehosted as public, the game owner must specify the number of players in each team (the bot will close all others);
  • Optional: before a game is rehosted as public, the game owner must specify the skills of players (bot will allow only players with a certain score);
  • Optional: when the game owner uses .pub commands, the bot will rehost the game with a name: DotA XvsX -MODE SKILL (XvsX is the players in each team; -MODE is the game mode; SKILL is the skill of allowed players).

This will not change private games.
The main suggestion is everything without Optional.
I suggest this because, most of the game owners use !swap to imbalance the game.
The game is hosts at first as private, because of posible friends.
The optional mode adjustment is because as ban/unban moderator, I see that some game owners change the game mode (by mistake or in purpose).
The optional players in each team is to prevent games starting 4v5 or other imbalanced situation.
The optional skill adjustment is to control noobs from joining pro games (and vise-versa).
The optional game name is only for better information about the game.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 18:12 by ek0 »

Offline night_must_fall

• Night Has Fallen
  • Retired Moderator
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Awards Forum staff member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Suggestion
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2010, 20:28 »
Nice...

Offline scareme

• Newbie Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2010, 22:04 »
Great idea, I hope bot will be updated soon ^^ no idea how to recognize pros and noobs by stats... noob can have 20/0 stat, only because of luck and "sentinels rule".

Offline Ripshaft

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2010, 23:41 »
I agree that host abuse of slot arrangement or friendstack is common and a serious issue, and your suggestions certainly would almost definitely result in an overall improvement. However, it does eliminate all legitimate uses of the slot commands as well. I expect this would have a rather serious impact on the playerbase as well, at least in the short term.

I think a better solution would be to simply run a skill check when the host attempts to use !start, if the cumulative scores of one team are dramatically higher (say 1.5x) than the other team's the game will not start unless the entire lower team agrees to start.

Offline MyUberNick

• Founder
  • WickedSick Member
  • Awards Lagabuse Legend LA High Staff [EPIC] MVP Member [LEGENDARY] LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2010, 00:05 »
This suggestions are meant to prevent stacking in the games, we are currently working on a more complex solution to neutralize stacking rather then prevent it as i said here:

As for the stats gaining part we are currently working on a relative scoring system that takes into account who are you playing with and against in a game when calculating your score so players in stacked teams would get less score then players in non stacked teams. We hope that this kind of system would show more of a players true skill and allow players that don't constantly play in stacked teams rank high on the ladder. The idea itself is in early development and this is just a scratch from it.

Offline penisfacelol

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2010, 15:10 »
Hello
I offered a solution also - in another topic.

http://playdota.eu/forum/index.php?topic=967.msg5622#msg5622 

Cheers

Offline KillMasterCZ

• Well, why not?
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2010, 17:20 »
Like it. But how would you specify the skill of players? (for example if you will write "pro", but just cant recognize it)

Offline Dark_Servant

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2010, 17:57 »
I agree that host abuse of slot arrangement or friendstack is common and a serious issue, and your suggestions certainly would almost definitely result in an overall improvement. However, it does eliminate all legitimate uses of the slot commands as well. I expect this would have a rather serious impact on the playerbase as well, at least in the short term.

I think a better solution would be to simply run a skill check when the host attempts to use !start, if the cumulative scores of one team are dramatically higher (say 1.5x) than the other team's the game will not start unless the entire lower team agrees to start.

Like this idea. You got my vote for it.

Offline ek0

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2010, 20:27 »
As for the stats gaining part we are currently working on a relative scoring system that takes into account who are you playing with and against in a game when calculating your score so players in stacked teams would get less score then players in non stacked teams. We hope that this kind of system would show more of a players true skill and allow players that don't constantly play in stacked teams rank high on the ladder. The idea itself is in early development and this is just a scratch from it.
If someone has something to say, topic is open 24hours. Locked.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2010, 13:25 by ek0 »