Author Topic: Lower the requiered votes for kick, or ban those who refuse to kick gameruiners.  (Read 3226 times)

Offline CoMMoN1337

• WickedSick Member
  • Topic Author
  • twitch.tv/RobertC1337
  • Awards Rubick Tournament Winner Pudge 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Invoker 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Admiral Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Windrunner Tour Winner [RARE] Techies 1v1 Tour Winner [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] 5v5 Night Cup Winner [EPIC] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE] 1v1 Nevermore Tour Winner [RARE] Best Couple (2v2) Tour Winner [RARE] Puck Tournament Winner Award [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
This is pretty much a nobrainer, countless situations like this happen all the time:

Some random noob wants mid no matter what (even though he permanently autoattacks and can't deny), then he gets mad cause someone else doesn't let him, then he goes on a feeding spree + courier feeding spree to make the guy who didn't let him mid "mad". Then some from the enemy team do not want to votekick (cause they are so pathetic that they need a guy feeding them permanently to have a chance to win and have 0 integrity or sense of fairness), and there you go. Then you have a 50 minute game, with a guy permanently feeding and feeding couriers. Fun right ?
Why though ? Why ?
When you can avoid it simply by doing one of these two things ?

So, choose one of the two solutions which will solve the problem:

1. Lower the number of people requiered for a votekick (it shouldn't cause any problems since there is already a rule in place which states that those who votekick innocent player will get banned)

or

2. Ban those who refuse to votekick an obvious game ruiner, because in doing so they CONTRIBUTE to the game ruin and deserve a ban.

I would personally choose the second. How low of a human being do you have to be to not kick someone who has 20 deaths and sold his items and permanently feeds couriers ? You deserve a ban if you don't vote to kick in this kind of obvious situations, by not voting you are as much of a game ruiner as he is because you allow him to ruin the game instead of preventing him from doing so.

Here is a small example of such a situation: http://lagabuse.com/stats/game/5107597

P.S: Another thing, don't even dare to say "if you want better games play higher psr games". This is absolute nonsense offtopic reply which has nothing to do with this topic. (yes, offtopic reply which has nothing to do with this topic, i've said it)

I am making this suggestion for YOU. As in all of YOU. For those which want more enjoyable games with no such retarded situations.
Just because some games are lower doesn't mean they don't deserve to have a good playing athmosphere.
You are neglecting a large part of your players by not trying to improve the system and simply saying "get high psr, better games".

You don't solve your problems by putting your fingers in your ears and screaming "lalala i can't hear you, go play higher psr for better games", you solve them by not allowing such situations (like the one i've given as an example) a chance to exist. You do that by making positive changes.

Stop maintaining this inefficient status-quo and change it for something better.
Move on.
Advance.
Go forward.

Bang.

Offline jeandarc

• Administrator
  • HolyShit Member
  • Server Account: jeandarc
    PSR: Loading
    Games: Loading
    Wins/Loses: Loading/Loading
    Hero K/D/A: Loading
    Creep K/D/N: Loading
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Lagabuse Legend Winner of 1 Challenge of the Week [COMMON] Winning 3 seasons of Football Betting [EPIC] GFX Tournament Participant [COMMON] Making 50 bets in Footbal Betting [COMMON] GFX staff member [RARE] Winner of 1 Signature of the Week Contest [COMMON] LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC] 1v1 Earthshaker Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Queen of Pain Tour Winner [RARE] Winner of 5 ShadowRaze Tours [LEGENDARY] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] Pudge 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Invoker Wars Tournament [RARE] 1v1 AR Tour Winner [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
common can you please explain me what you're looking for with less sentences (just for jean), too lazy to read all of that...

Offline GREED

• greedisgood
  • Retired Moderator
  • WickedSick Member
  • Awards Winner of 1 Signature of the Week Contest [COMMON] Winner of 1 Photoshop Challenge Contest [COMMON] Tours staff member [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • you bored?
    • Awards
     Some players can never achieve certain amount of PSR/stats to say that they are PRO. When they are gifted with games like that and hard ruiners on other team as you mentioned, they grab it hard and dont let go.
    I understand. Why should they? Izi PSR + free stats.

Like in this game few weeks ago:
http://lagabuse.com/stats/game/5040387

And my fellow Dimsum was in other team. Magnus started usuall feeding with couriers from minute 1. Here are some comments, they will speak for themselves:
06:47   DiMSuM   [All]   no rmk now
10:09      [All]   [Eye_of_Sargeras] voted to rmk [5/8]
10:15   DiMSuM   [Allies]   no
15:34   DiMSuM   [All]   u r doing good balls

at this point magus give them like 30+ couries and kills

16:05   DiMSuM   [All]   good work
16:19   DiMSuM   [All]   <3
20:45   DiMSuM   [All]   how we know he is not playing
20:48   DiMSuM   [All]   maybe thats his style

and my personal favourite:

22:11   DiMSuM   [All]   we r fair player

I hope one day players could obtain PSR playing vs Computer(easy) rather then retarded-freePSR-I-dont-give-a-shit games like this.

and i agree. !votekick should be changed to 4out of 5 in one team. Seems legit to me if all players from one team wanted to kick one player from their lines, why shouldnt they have that option.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 12:24 by GREED »
zgcsm_Mqth1_J7_OJM62_Jp_Ecgo6c_YSIh_VTn_LZv_PIf_Aet_Yqq_MDjt_FQs_Ow_Bm_Kf_AWtig_XM_large_2" border="0

Spoiler for Dota SUTMoH Top 10 Vol 3  :

Offline Astaroth

• Satan Admin
  • Honored member
  • GodLike Member
  • Blood for the Blood God!
  • Awards Forum staff member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
I would choose first option. Second one seems unfair for other team.

When they should be banned? When they refuse to kick someone who gave them 1 free kill? Or 5? Maybe 10?
Nobody can force YOU to !ff and YOU can't force anyone to vote !yes.

Signature by Rocka

Offline iNevermore

• WickedSick Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Only one thing to say:

Apem come all +2

Lol.
Deal with it B)

Offline iNevermore

• WickedSick Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Sry, its ap. Big difefrence.

Lol common playing with people with 1400+ psr and crying. Thats abit of hypocrite.
I guess 1800+ games are to hard for him.
Deal with it B)

Offline EqnX

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Lowering the required votes for kicking a player to <number of team members> - 1 would be great and it would help lower PSR games by a lot. I've played quite a few games with players that got frustrated early game and started feeding or refusing to play. Getting them banned didn't help us win the game, but being able to kick them would give a chance to the team with such players. Hope it will be implemented soon :D

Offline CoMMoN1337

• WickedSick Member
  • Topic Author
  • twitch.tv/RobertC1337
  • Awards Rubick Tournament Winner Pudge 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Invoker 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Admiral Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Windrunner Tour Winner [RARE] Techies 1v1 Tour Winner [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] 5v5 Night Cup Winner [EPIC] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE] 1v1 Nevermore Tour Winner [RARE] Best Couple (2v2) Tour Winner [RARE] Puck Tournament Winner Award [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards

When they should be banned? When they refuse to kick someone who gave them 1 free kill? Or 5? Maybe 10?
Astaroth, let's be serious ok ?

Are you telling me they couldn't figure out he was gameruining in my example ? He sold all his items, bought several armies of couriers, and suicided them and himself during the entire duration of the game till minute 50.

Be serious will you ? It was clear as day what he was doing, and it was clear as day that they knew it, he even typed in allchat "don't votekick me i come feed you", and the others were typing in teamchat things like "don't kick him, now we win" aswell. (too bad they couldn't win even with this, if i were them i would quit dota) They deserve a ban as much as the game ruiner, since they are also game ruiners because of their decision to keep him ingame to continue what he is doing.
It was an obvious gameruin from two parts, the imbecil who sold his items bought couriers and suicided them and himself all he could all game long, and the imbecils who were like "haha we have chance now, yaaay, dont kick him now we win".

To conclude, obviously the first solution i mentioned will fix the situation, but the second solution doesn't just fix it, it also makes these kids realise the value of fair play, assuming of course they can substract this concept after they get banned and not just flame their pc several times then make a new account XD

Offline jeandarc

• Administrator
  • HolyShit Member
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Lagabuse Legend Winner of 1 Challenge of the Week [COMMON] Winning 3 seasons of Football Betting [EPIC] GFX Tournament Participant [COMMON] Making 50 bets in Footbal Betting [COMMON] GFX staff member [RARE] Winner of 1 Signature of the Week Contest [COMMON] LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC] 1v1 Earthshaker Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Queen of Pain Tour Winner [RARE] Winner of 5 ShadowRaze Tours [LEGENDARY] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] Pudge 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Invoker Wars Tournament [RARE] 1v1 AR Tour Winner [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards

Offline CoMMoN1337

• WickedSick Member
  • Topic Author
  • twitch.tv/RobertC1337
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Messi - You forgot to report that guy for mass items selling.

One more thing for you "noob games are for noobs".

Ah yes, forgot about the mass selling, would've added some extra days on his ban ...

Well as i have said on numerous occasions, there is no significant difference between "ap come all" and "rd 1900+" in my eyes. Pretty much the same level. The only difference i see is having to wait 20 or more minutes for "rd 1900+" to start, only to be filled with the same level of play as "ap come all". If i feel like it, i'll wait, if not, same story anyway. But we're going offtopic here.

Offline Astaroth

• Satan Admin
  • Honored member
  • GodLike Member
  • Blood for the Blood God!
  • Awards Forum staff member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards

Astaroth, let's be serious ok ?

Are you telling me they couldn't figure out he was gameruining in my example ? He sold all his items, bought several armies of couriers, and suicided them and himself during the entire duration of the game till minute 50.

Be serious will you ? It was clear as day what he was doing, and it was clear as day that they knew it, he even typed in allchat "don't votekick me i come feed you", and the others were typing in teamchat things like "don't kick him, now we win" aswell. (too bad they couldn't win even with this, if i were them i would quit dota) They deserve a ban as much as the game ruiner, since they are also game ruiners because of their decision to keep him ingame to continue what he is doing.
It was an obvious gameruin from two parts, the imbecil who sold his items bought couriers and suicided them and himself all he could all game long, and the imbecils who were like "haha we have chance now, yaaay, dont kick him now we win".

To conclude, obviously the first solution i mentioned will fix the situation, but the second solution doesn't just fix it, it also makes these kids realise the value of fair play, assuming of course they can substract this concept after they get banned and not just flame their pc several times then make a new account XD
In this game yes, but there are other games. Other team won't be sure if they now must kick a player or they musn't because he didn't ruined the game enough so they can be banned for votekick abuse.

Imagine football match. Team A has really bad goalkeeper who can't even tie shoelaces. Should the other team tell the coach of team A to change the goalkeeper or stop shooting at him to make the game fair?

Signature by Rocka

Offline CoMMoN1337

• WickedSick Member
  • Topic Author
  • twitch.tv/RobertC1337
    • View Profile
    • Awards
In this game yes, but there are other games. Other team won't be sure if they now must kick a player or they musn't because he didn't ruined the game enough so they can be banned for votekick abuse.

Imagine football match. Team A has really bad goalkeeper who can't even tie shoelaces. Should the other team tell the coach of team A to change the goalkeeper or stop shooting at him to make the game fair?

I got your point from your last post, i understand why you would think that it will be abit more tricky to implement the second suggestion i put here, but it's not that hard with let's say:

1. If someone sold all his items (or almost all, keeping boots and buying tps to get faster to midlane to feed faster doesn't count). Obviously he is game ruining and should be kicked, and by not kicking him you allow him to ruin the game -> you ruin the game.
2. If someone buys several couriers and sends them to die. Obviously he is game ruining and should be kicked, and by not kicking him you allow him to ruin the game -> you ruin the game.
3. If someone just permanently walks midlane, passing several towers, being visible, on his own, till enemy fountain. Obviously he is game ruining and should be kicked, and by not kicking him you allow him to ruin the game -> you ruin the game.
4. If someone is the same level for 10/20/30 etc. minutes (basically afk) but moves from time to time to avoid getting kicked at 5 minutes. Obviously he is game ruining and should be kicked, and by not kicking him you allow him to ruin the game -> you ruin the game.
These four points cover around 75% of the game ruining situations, some others are intentionally using spells badly on teammates to kill them or using spells like repel on enemies to give them free bkb etc. Those are a bit harder to "write down" as a rule though, because some can be viewed as simple mistake. The four points from above cannot be debated however, they are clear, and therefore they can be written as rules. And by implementing them this problem would almost fully be solved

But anyway, an "easier" alternative to go with is the 4 out of 5 or 3 out of 4 from the same team kick option.
In football a coach doesn't need permission of the opposite team to remove a player from his own team.

If 4 out of 5 or 3 out of 4 from a team want to kick a player from their team, they should have that option.
And this will also fix the problem from the second suggestion because you won't rely upon those silly 0 integrity players from the other team to kick a game ruiner from your team.

Offline jeandarc

• Administrator
  • HolyShit Member
    Show/hide more stats
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Common not enough color on your post.

your argument - invalid

Offline maciekg9-slaveofBart

• WickedSick Member
  • Awards Warlock Tour Winner [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] 3v3 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] IHRL Member [RARE] IHRL Champion [EPIC] IHRL Legend [LEGENDARY] 5v5 Night Cup Winner [EPIC] Best Couple (2v2) Tour Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Idk what is this thread cuz too long but i found some funny pic: