Author Topic: Smudgasti Art Works  (Read 2323 times)

Offline Natura Sonoris

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • Topic Author
  • Alternating Current
  • Awards Forum staff member [RARE] GFX staff member [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Smudgasti Art Works
« on: March 26, 2013, 20:45 »
I changed name of my gallery to Smudgasti , it means ''smudgy'' (you can guess why) and i used this nick before.I promised that i will return to sigs , and i will probably just do smudge techiques and probably when i learn something , will share it with others.

When i post new Sig , i will write some basic tips about how it was done ( i wont share PSD ). And here are the sigs :

Dragon Siege

Spoiler for Hiden:

Bassicly what i did is :

-Found the Dragon render , i tried using one other , but after some time i realised this one is cleaner and better (you can find it by googling ''Dragon render'' ) and also , because i am huge an of Tolkien and Middle Earth Lore , i used image of ancient Eldar Elves city named Gondolin which was crushed by evil forsses.
-After placing and resizing  , i used Brush and Smudge tool to create fire comming from dragons head and also flames comming from burning city (also apllied to smoke ). I used combination of Red ,Orange and Yellow to make a colour balance and than i used smudge brush to mix the collour (like artist making new colours on pallete ).After making fine combination ( you can add more colours , depends on taste ) i started smudging outwords the mouth and making flames. Of course , i knew that it should be like white on inside and than other colours come by , but i wanted to see this outcome.Than i started mixing black , gray and white to create smoke.I wanted to use white smoke because it was on darker side of sig , so i create some imba contrast ,but i really didnt want to bother deleting the black parts of smoke after smudging them for some time.
-After that , i created the white mist around the dragon using white and dark gray combo.One smudge effect was applied on layer bewow the Dragon layer and one above so the msit comes from the back and from the front of the dragon.
-Than i used some C4D to add some light effect.One beneath the dragon layer and the mist and one above the dragon layer ( that shine in front of him ) . Of course i deleted some parts of C4D that didnt fit and i think i set the layer blending mode to either Screen or Overlay ( my favourite two effects )
-After some minor changes i aplied the image (like chaning colours of some parts ) , used dark with 0 % hardness brush to create dark and light side.
-The ending part was adding stroke and fonts.

NOTE : Sig is not over. I will add some sparkling effect which i will explain how to do , and maybe if i am eager to do it , really change colour of smoke.And also , some minor changes will be added probably after i see some other cool things which can be added.

SkulKid

Spoiler for Hiden:

Also not completed , planning to add more stuff to it.Point of signature was to practise colours and smudge ( appling Brush options ) So here is what i did :

-I started placing one colourfull CD4 , it is very famous one , you can download it in pack when you google c4d and it offers you some different 6 packs.It is from first one ,and it is very colourfull one , it has orange and blue combo (something like parrot colours ) , but you can use any other.Place it on the surface , according to flow which you wanna follow .Than select Smudge tool , and click Window (up menu) and select Brushes.It will open you the Brush options , and chosse scattering.This creates brush circles (or whatever your brush pattern is ) and scatters the outward the imagined line.Test it on render when you smudge , also try appling different hardness of brush /size of brush.Than start smudging in lines , and strech the colours you prefer most.When you complete one side of sig , copy render to other side and start smudging in oposite direction (forming like a circle ). You can open now other layer , smudge the c4d couple more times and apply different blending options like colour dodge , overlay (but it is advisable to lower the opacity) or you can just copy the original smudge and work with it.Thats for the background.
-I chose this render because it matches the colour of background , i just deleted few parts which dont fit very good.I duplicated the render to have a backup copy if i screw something up.Now smudge edges of that copy to make some blend with background , advise is to work with small size brush and zoom in smt like 300 %.
-Now , when you are satisfied with outcome , you can ligten up some parts by making new layer , set it overlay and take white brush with low hardness and huge size and light up some area only with edges of the circle (because you are using big size brush and you dont want to cover whole sig , but just some big parts on sides ).When satisfied , apply the image in next layer.
-At this stage you can play with some adjustments .I personally picked mixing with RGB balance , and adding bit contrast (which was deleted on render ). You can use even gradient maps t make sig look vintage or w/e , but imo it didnt do good here ,i wanted to keep the colours.
-Add strokes by applying image , and Edit>Strokes and chosse options.

NOTE : Version 2 of sig is comming up in few days , much cleaner one.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 02:58 by Icy »

Offline BLOODYALBOZ

• SHQIPE ME DY KRENA
  • Retired Moderator
  • MonsterKill Member
  • THE BLOODY ALBOZ
  • Awards Warlock Tour Winner [RARE] Tours staff member [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] 3v3 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Smudgasti Art Works
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2013, 21:17 »
nice icy, we want to see more nab :D
I went to the gym today and forgot to post it on facebook, now whole workout was useless :'(
[1:01:14 AM] Gregory House: Then you dragged my ass
[1:00:47 AM] Gregory House: into this
[1:00:50 AM] Gregory House: :D
[1:00:56 AM] 2PAC : and look where u are now ? :P
[1:01:28 AM] Gregory House: home, al

Offline Natura Sonoris

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • Topic Author
  • Alternating Current
  • Awards Forum staff member [RARE] GFX staff member [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2013, 21:34 »
I will do more. I am looking for render atm.

Offline 1QuestioN!

• d^_^b
  • GFX Pro Member
  • WickedSick Member
  • Straight Out Of Line
  • Awards Winner of 10 Signature of the Week Contest [LEGENDARY] Winner of 5 Photo Manipulation Contest [EPIC] Winner of 5 Photoshop Challenge Contests [EPIC] GFX staff member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2013, 21:40 »
this one can be awesome , i didnt have any ideas for this one so myb you will have xD
Spoiler for Hiden:

Offline Natura Sonoris

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • Topic Author
  • Alternating Current
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2013, 21:44 »
Maybe i wll use it , but for now i want to find something more complicated to work on.This dragon was easy , now i want to practise using more colours and making smudge backgorunds.

Offline Bart

• Troll Producer
  • Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • L-E-G-E-N-D
  • Awards Winner of 3 Signature of the Week Contest [RARE] Winner of 3 Photo Manipulation Contest [RARE] Winner of 5 Photoshop Challenge Contests [EPIC] Warlock Tour Winner [RARE] Tours staff member [RARE] GFX staff member [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] 3v3 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] IHRL Member [RARE] IHRL Champion [EPIC] IHRL Legend [LEGENDARY] Troll Producer 5v5 Night Cup Winner [EPIC] Best Couple (2v2) Tour Winner [RARE] Castle Fight Winner [RARE] Winner of GFX Special Event #1 [UNIQUE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2013, 21:49 »
smudging is mega boring for me:D i prefer filters to make backgrounds etc :P

anyway keep it up ICY SO I WILL LEARN smth :)

Offline Natura Sonoris

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • Topic Author
  • Alternating Current
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2013, 22:20 »
smudging is mega boring for me:D i prefer filters to make backgrounds etc :P

anyway keep it up ICY SO I WILL LEARN smth :)

Well try this bewlo (this is something i remembered now , and i saw rocka gave you c4ds) and i will use it probably in next sig :

Put one c4d render but those like bubbles of light , duplicate layer and set some layer blending options ( like overlay , linear etc ) . Than apply the image in next layer ( you go create new layer , click image > apply new image ) and smudge whole thing , you will get some amazing colours for background.It is important to keep smudge hardness bit harder , like more than 70 % (my casual value).When i do next sig i will explain in details.

Offline Bart

• Troll Producer
  • Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • L-E-G-E-N-D
  • Awards Winner of 3 Signature of the Week Contest [RARE] Winner of 3 Photo Manipulation Contest [RARE] Winner of 5 Photoshop Challenge Contests [EPIC] Warlock Tour Winner [RARE] Tours staff member [RARE] GFX staff member [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] 3v3 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] IHRL Member [RARE] IHRL Champion [EPIC] IHRL Legend [LEGENDARY] Troll Producer 5v5 Night Cup Winner [EPIC] Best Couple (2v2) Tour Winner [RARE] Castle Fight Winner [RARE] Winner of GFX Special Event #1 [UNIQUE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2013, 22:54 »
i know all these :P

Offline Dr.S

• Awards Winner of 5 Signature of the Week Contest [EPIC] Winner of 1 Photo Manipulation Contest [COMMON] GFX staff member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2013, 23:16 »
Gj icy... nice explaining, you good some patience ^^ KIU

Offline Natura Sonoris

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • Topic Author
  • Alternating Current
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2013, 23:18 »
Gj icy... nice explaining, you good some patience ^^ KIU

Just wait to see new one , i put real effort doing this one.

Offline Rocka

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • bewar doge
  • Awards Winner of 1 Photoshop Challenge Contest [COMMON] GFX staff member [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] IHRL Member [RARE] IHRL Champion [EPIC] IHRL Legend [LEGENDARY] 5v5 Night Cup Winner [EPIC] 2nd Place Admins Cup [EPIC] Legion TD Winner [RARE] 5v5 Xmas Tournament Winner [EPIC] Castle Fight Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2013, 23:30 »
Icy start joining competitions again!
I see trees of wow
such roses too
wow very amaze
for doge and you

20:24    THELOVEBELOW    [All]    everytime you kill es you save a unicorn
20:30    jeandarc    [Allies]    an*
20:33    jeandarc    [Allies]    learn english

Offline Natura Sonoris

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • Topic Author
  • Alternating Current
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2013, 02:40 »
New one , soon info will be updated.

Spoiler for Hiden:

Offline BLOODYALBOZ

• SHQIPE ME DY KRENA
  • Retired Moderator
  • MonsterKill Member
  • THE BLOODY ALBOZ
  • Awards Warlock Tour Winner [RARE] Tours staff member [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] 3v3 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2013, 11:01 »
New one , soon info will be updated.

Spoiler for Hiden:
this icy is surprising me :D MOAR PLZ!!! :)
I went to the gym today and forgot to post it on facebook, now whole workout was useless :'(
[1:01:14 AM] Gregory House: Then you dragged my ass
[1:00:47 AM] Gregory House: into this
[1:00:50 AM] Gregory House: :D
[1:00:56 AM] 2PAC : and look where u are now ? :P
[1:01:28 AM] Gregory House: home, al

Offline Natura Sonoris

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • Topic Author
  • Alternating Current
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2013, 14:49 »

New one ( dr.s said to fix the font , i will change it later)

This was going to be my entry for GFX battle , but Rocka cant make it soo we decided to close it.

Offline End

• Outlander
  • Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • From above
  • Awards Forum staff member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2013, 14:51 »
Wow, nice one!

Too bad about the battle, though.