Author Topic: The Changes  (Read 15616 times)

Offline .maestro3berg.

• Retired Moderator
  • WickedSick Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: The Changes
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2013, 17:21 »
sometime players with ingame admin make problems when they mute some player (that can he hard sabotage in game for team and that player if muted player is not in same team where admin play. they should use !ignore /ignore like everyone and do futur actions after game). best way to use mute is if everyone in game or in 1 team complain on some annoying guy. another problem can be stealing owner in Lobby or in game (that happens sometime). also command !unhold doesn't work.
I`m finding myself here. Yes, i mute players, but only if he flame. First i give him warn like "Please stop flame/insult or u will be muted + banned", secound time its !mute <player> 2min, third time its !mute <player> 10min etc. And I think that this is right and good way.
"Nikom ne ljubim dupe, poeni da se skupe. Jer sta god da bude, ja imam sve kod kuce!"

Offline sportakus

• Newbie Member
  • THE-MORON
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2013, 18:00 »
you need a other tour admin

and demote bloody alboz and animalis

cheers

Offline ColdWorld

• Lady's Flame
  • Retired Moderator
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Imaginaerum
  • Awards Hacks staff member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2013, 18:13 »
Remove -em from ladder games.
Where there is desire, there is gonna be a flame!
Where there is a flame, someone's bound to get burned!
But just because it burns doesn't mean you're gonna die!
You've gotta get up and try, and try, and try!

Offline T-Bag

• also known as Teddy Bear
  • Retired Moderator
  • HolyShit Member
  • Awards Winner of 3 Photoshop Challenge Contests [RARE] GFX staff member [RARE] Timbersaw Tour Winner Award [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2013, 19:17 »
Remove -em from ladder games.
Lots of ppl playing EM so it wont be really good idea IMO...but separate EM ladder from non-EM could do.
Maybe just change trigger like: "!" for EM  and "?" for non-EM... since "." is dedicated to non-ladder games.

Offline Natura Sonoris

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • Alternating Current
  • Awards Forum staff member [RARE] GFX staff member [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2013, 19:46 »

cheers

As once before said , send links with proper reasons to his supervisor.

Offline BLOODYALBOZ

• SHQIPE ME DY KRENA
  • Retired Moderator
  • MonsterKill Member
  • THE BLOODY ALBOZ
  • Awards Warlock Tour Winner [RARE] Tours staff member [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] 3v3 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2013, 20:15 »

cheers

As once before said , send links with proper reasons to his supervisor.
He is demanding for another Tour Admin?

In this case send reasons to our GA's.
I went to the gym today and forgot to post it on facebook, now whole workout was useless :'(
[1:01:14 AM] Gregory House: Then you dragged my ass
[1:00:47 AM] Gregory House: into this
[1:00:50 AM] Gregory House: :D
[1:00:56 AM] 2PAC : and look where u are now ? :P
[1:01:28 AM] Gregory House: home, al

Offline donjacrtasamir

• WickedSick Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2013, 20:51 »
sometime players with ingame admin make problems when they mute some player (that can he hard sabotage in game for team and that player if muted player is not in same team where admin play. they should use !ignore /ignore like everyone and do futur actions after game). best way to use mute is if everyone in game or in 1 team complain on some annoying guy. another problem can be stealing owner in Lobby or in game (that happens sometime). also command !unhold doesn't work.
I`m finding myself here. Yes, i mute players, but only if he flame. First i give him warn like "Please stop flame/insult or u will be muted + banned", secound time its !mute <player> 2min, third time its !mute <player> 10min etc. And I think that this is right and good way.

why don't  you just use  !ignore ????

if you mute him he cannot communicate with his teammates...
If your frightened of dying, and your holding on. You'll see devils tearing your life away but if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels,... Freeing you from the earth

Offline Blind_Joker

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • Server Account: Blind_Joker
    PSR: Loading
    Games: Loading
    Wins/Loses: Loading/Loading
    Hero K/D/A: Loading
    Creep K/D/N: Loading
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Patreon Supporter [RARE] Hacks staff member [RARE] Tours staff member [RARE] IHRL Member [RARE] IHRL Champion [EPIC] IHRL Legend [LEGENDARY]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2013, 20:55 »
I muted only players cause of 2 reasons.. 1 was flame since he couldnt flame more (after some period unmuted)
2 - Mhers.
Ignore would not help here.

Offline donjacrtasamir

• WickedSick Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2013, 20:59 »
I muted only players cause of 2 reasons.. 1 was flame since he couldnt flame more (after some period unmuted)
2 - Mhers.

i can understand the second reason , but for the first reason there is !ignore  and everybody should use it ...
If your frightened of dying, and your holding on. You'll see devils tearing your life away but if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels,... Freeing you from the earth

Offline Platin

• Honored member
  • WickedSick Member
  • Awards Winner of 1 Photoshop Challenge Contest [COMMON] Hacks staff member [RARE] 3v3 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2013, 21:07 »
2 - Mhers.

i can understand the second reason , but for the first reason there is !ignore  and everybody should use it ...

If I catch mh-er in game, I mute that player sure (after being %100 sure)

About that flaming; I personaly !mute a player who is hard flaming to someone for just 1 min, then unmute him with saying "Take this as a warn orelse It will lead you ban" I think being 1 min muted is much more mercyfull sanction than getting banned...

Offline End

• Outlander
  • Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • From above
  • Awards Forum staff member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: March 24, 2013, 21:44 »
Is !ignore command gonna stop him from flaming? No! Mute is.

F    R    O    M         A    B    O    V    E

Offline jeandarc

• Administrator
  • HolyShit Member
  • Server Account: jeandarc
    PSR: Loading
    Games: Loading
    Wins/Loses: Loading/Loading
    Hero K/D/A: Loading
    Creep K/D/N: Loading
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Lagabuse Legend Winner of 1 Challenge of the Week [COMMON] Winning 3 seasons of Football Betting [EPIC] GFX Tournament Participant [COMMON] Making 50 bets in Footbal Betting [COMMON] GFX staff member [RARE] Winner of 1 Signature of the Week Contest [COMMON] LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC] 1v1 Earthshaker Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Queen of Pain Tour Winner [RARE] Winner of 5 ShadowRaze Tours [LEGENDARY] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] Pudge 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Invoker Wars Tournament [RARE] 1v1 AR Tour Winner [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: March 24, 2013, 21:54 »
With all duo RESPECT to all of you but all what you said (about not muting players) is just pure BULLSHIT.

If someone calls you even a "noob" you will permanently mute him cuz you can't handle your cockyness to go lower.

You should just simply use !ignore and ban the player which caused game ruin by flaming you or the others, obviously after game ends.

Do you really think there is some mod in every single game to stop someone from flaming? Absolutely NOT!
There are two choices to deal with this:

1. Bot auto mutting the player who uses swearing words IN GAME.
2. Remove !mute command

Offline Natura Sonoris

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • Alternating Current
  • Awards Forum staff member [RARE] GFX staff member [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: March 24, 2013, 22:22 »
We are probably getting a bot db of flame words , so when bot recognises that word , it will turn whole sentance in something funny.For example :

A : I f*** your mother
Bot turns that into : I love picking flowers in the field or w/e.

Problem is to make very good db of those words because people are gonna avoid using those words and write something like this.

I f@ck your m0ther

So turning this idea in something real is hard work + there are many countries on this server , we need curse words from all of them and different variations how those words can be used.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Muting is the way treating some retards in game.Mods are informed not to use it much , only in specific ocasions.I personally , if i see player cursing , warn him first , and if he continues i will mute him for certain period of time (aprx. just few seconds in order to see what can happen ) if he continues i just increase mute time over and over.Other cases are when i see MHer or whole team cant stand one retard in team , spamming whole bunch of bullshit , you can use ignore , but mute is more effective as for me.Imo retards like that deserve to be muted (this happens 1/50 games )

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About em , admins decided it is better to be kept , because there are lots of noob players who play em , and once you get around 1650 psr games , you dont see EM game so often , it gives really small PSR ammount.So players who play -em , will be kept in the range around 1500-1650 max ).So both sides are satified , both pros and noobs.

Offline BLOODYALBOZ

• SHQIPE ME DY KRENA
  • Retired Moderator
  • MonsterKill Member
  • THE BLOODY ALBOZ
  • Awards Warlock Tour Winner [RARE] Tours staff member [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] 3v3 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: March 25, 2013, 16:17 »
1 - Yes it would be good that reserved players can be kicked too, and not only reserved player but even game owner.
2 - idk about that, angel somewhere gave an explenation of that in private section but i don't remember.

3 - it has already been discussed and for sure admins will take this in consideration cuz it's an everyday day problem while playing dota on LA.

4 - fountain farming can be avoided if people use !FF command. Anyway if we are on the a situation like in nr.3 than it should not be allowed. But if your nr3 suggestion get's approved than there is no need to implement something new about fountain farming.

5 - !mute command should be used for MH-ers and rule breakers, like those who flame.
Many times in-game people from other team tell me on chat to mute somebody cuz he is flaming and he is ruining their game etc...
Ofc there can be abuse of this, but whenever you chat's abuses like this just report them and abusers will be punished.
I went to the gym today and forgot to post it on facebook, now whole workout was useless :'(
[1:01:14 AM] Gregory House: Then you dragged my ass
[1:00:47 AM] Gregory House: into this
[1:00:50 AM] Gregory House: :D
[1:00:56 AM] 2PAC : and look where u are now ? :P
[1:01:28 AM] Gregory House: home, al

Offline T-Bag

• also known as Teddy Bear
  • Retired Moderator
  • HolyShit Member
  • Awards Winner of 3 Photoshop Challenge Contests [RARE] GFX staff member [RARE] Timbersaw Tour Winner Award [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: March 25, 2013, 16:44 »
More changes suggestions:
---------------------------------------------
Fountain camping with sniper, pudge and other heroes can be annoying and that is allowed.
In rules "Fountain farming while no enemies playing, may be considered as exploit situation in order to cheat player statictics" is forbiden to farm kill stats only if there are no enemy players in game. Some players won't finish and won't attack towers and rax. This is big hole in rules. They stay 5 minutes, sometimes more than 10 and make more and more kills. My opinion about stats farm by base camping is to be forbiden, or allow players in loser team in this specific situation to leave game and after unban request to be unbanned without warn. Rarely happens to player in loser team won't leave game after all in that team leave and staying in game with intention to allow opponents to farm stats
---------------------------------------------

It IS banable... lets say, if they push to your base and then they do max 5 kills (for whole team) there and then they will call back (or destroy base) lets say those 5 kills is just a reward... But if they stay there for 10mins, that is Fountain Camping - Stats Cheating and its banable atm.
Same if whole team !FF and somebody stays there and makes 20 kills on leavers, its Stats Cheating and leads to ban.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 16:46 by T_Bag »