Author Topic: Dota1 VS Dota2  (Read 6578 times)

Offline PoTS

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Dota1 VS Dota2
« on: January 30, 2013, 00:26 »
IMHO d1>d2
Here's why

Pro's in dota1
- Less effects in dota1 makes it look more cleaner and not confusing
- No awkward gameplay from unnoticeable animations and background textures
- Too many noobs in Dota2
- Retro graphics makes the game seem more "Pro-like" and less childlike. (for some its a con)
- More content (i know d2 will have all the heroes in the near future so it doesn't really matter)

Dota2 Pros:
- Dota2 is newer, therefore more support and development
- Dota2 is free and easy to set up thanks to valve's steam
- Cool graphics and sound FX
- Lots of competitive games and live streams
- Bigger playerbase and more active forums and discussion boards

Offline jeandarc

• Administrator
  • HolyShit Member
  • Server Account: jeandarc
    PSR: Loading
    Games: Loading
    Wins/Loses: Loading/Loading
    Hero K/D/A: Loading
    Creep K/D/N: Loading
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Lagabuse Legend Winner of 1 Challenge of the Week [COMMON] Winning 3 seasons of Football Betting [EPIC] GFX Tournament Participant [COMMON] Making 50 bets in Footbal Betting [COMMON] GFX staff member [RARE] Winner of 1 Signature of the Week Contest [COMMON] LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC] 1v1 Earthshaker Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Queen of Pain Tour Winner [RARE] Winner of 5 ShadowRaze Tours [LEGENDARY] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] Pudge 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Invoker Wars Tournament [RARE] 1v1 AR Tour Winner [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Dota1 VS Dota2
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2013, 00:41 »
this is like going in a basketball game and asking one of the fans: "hey, which one is better football or basketball"

Offline Natura Sonoris

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • Alternating Current
  • Awards Forum staff member [RARE] GFX staff member [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2013, 00:49 »
this is like going in a basketball game and asking one of the fans: "hey, which one is better football or basketball"

That

Offline PoTS

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2013, 01:18 »

You are WAYY off.

What i am doing here is comparing a game with a derivativ of the same game. Football and basketball aren't even in the same genre of sport. The one is a foot-played sport and the other is a hand-played, the only thing they have in common is that they are both played with a ball and that they both are sports. Dota2 and Dota1 are VERY similar if not the same game. My comparison is like comparing SOFTball and Baseball or rugby and american football. Your comparison is like comparing CoD/BF/CS:S with WoW

Offline Astaroth

• Satan Admin
  • Honored member
  • GodLike Member
  • Blood for the Blood God!
  • Awards Forum staff member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2013, 01:29 »
I would say it is like comparing LA Lakers and Miami Heat.

Signature by Rocka

Offline shpura

• Earth Spirit user
  • Retired Moderator
  • WickedSick Member
  • Awards Hacks staff member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2013, 11:41 »
Too many noobs in dota 2 - LOL

Offline 1QuestioN!

• d^_^b
  • GFX Pro Member
  • WickedSick Member
  • Straight Out Of Line
  • Awards Winner of 10 Signature of the Week Contest [LEGENDARY] Winner of 5 Photo Manipulation Contest [EPIC] Winner of 5 Photoshop Challenge Contests [EPIC] GFX staff member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2013, 11:56 »
Too many noobs in dota 2 - LOL
what ,,LOL,, well its true 70% of small lvl are beginners , you need min lvl 10 to play with someone who knows to play good.
And to be clear in every game you will see beginners-noobs but in dota 1 you dont know who is noob or pro just coz of hakz.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 12:06 by VudzO »

Offline shpura

• Earth Spirit user
  • Retired Moderator
  • WickedSick Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2013, 13:49 »
Bitch pls, I've never seen an autoattacking player in dota 2 in my life. Here, games are horror. Here I buy bf on am and people laugh at me. Goes to show their skill level. I don't remember a dota 2 game without courier on start, wards etc. Support fighting for creeps (if supp exists here) can't be found in a dota 2 game, regardless of your lvl.

Offline 1QuestioN!

• d^_^b
  • GFX Pro Member
  • WickedSick Member
  • Straight Out Of Line
  • Awards Winner of 10 Signature of the Week Contest [LEGENDARY] Winner of 5 Photo Manipulation Contest [EPIC] Winner of 5 Photoshop Challenge Contests [EPIC] GFX staff member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2013, 14:00 »
Bitch pls, I've never seen an autoattacking player in dota 2 in my life. Here, games are horror. Here I buy bf on am and people laugh at me. Goes to show their skill level. I don't remember a dota 2 game without courier on start, wards etc. Support fighting for creeps (if supp exists here) can't be found in a dota 2 game, regardless of your lvl.
excuse me sir i didnt know that u r so special and all players u been played are special to :D

Offline shpura

• Earth Spirit user
  • Retired Moderator
  • WickedSick Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2013, 14:01 »
...what?

Offline FU I am PeNGuiN

• WickedSick Member
  • United we stand!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2013, 14:20 »
wp

Offline ColdWorld

• Lady's Flame
  • Retired Moderator
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Imaginaerum
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2013, 14:22 »
I can post 55555 dota 2 games with poor noobs w/0 chick/wards/supports/autoatt etc. pls dude...All waht you said is  :'( shit.
Where there is desire, there is gonna be a flame!
Where there is a flame, someone's bound to get burned!
But just because it burns doesn't mean you're gonna die!
You've gotta get up and try, and try, and try!

Offline iNevermore

• WickedSick Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2013, 14:31 »
Truth is that Dota2 is jsut like Diablo 3.
You think its kinda different, better but its only job is getting more people to play in. When you finally install it and play abit you see the only thing that changed is hard graphix and the money potential.
Everything else is same, why changing something thats already a legend? Adding graphix, sounds, effects and high tournament rewards is nothing else than buying players.
Deal with it B)

Offline shpura

• Earth Spirit user
  • Retired Moderator
  • WickedSick Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2013, 14:36 »
Well, it never happened to me. Before your first game, it asks you about your familiarity with dota. I answered experienced so I guess that is the reason.

Offline tigerr

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2013, 15:47 »
Truth is that Dota2 is jsut like Diablo 3.
You think its kinda different, better but its only job is getting more people to play in. When you finally install it and play abit you see the only thing that changed is hard graphix and the money potential.
Everything else is same, why changing something thats already a legend? Adding graphix, sounds, effects and high tournament rewards is nothing else than buying players.
So making everything better is a bad thing  ???

I won't go into which one is better, that is a personal, highly subjective thing, but truth is Dota 2 has much bigger potential because it has enormous assets and no limitations that Dota has because of outdated War3 engine.

Regarding other points TC made:
-animations/effects/sounds are something that requires getting used to. Same thing was when you would switch from SC:BW to War3 (or even SC2 much later) so it's just a matter of practice. Besides lots of effects and graphical features can be adjusted with console commands and options.(Also, War3/Dota1 do not have retro graphics, that term is used for something else)
-Too many noobs? Playerbase of D2 is much bigger therefore more less skilled players is a given. Proportionally there is probably same amount of noobs, there are many people who play D1 and still suck at it, not to mention a lot of people who play D2 (in low skill bracket) probably did not play D1 or played other similar games that require less skill. Besides you will encounter noobs in D2 only if you have low skills as well, most of the time you are matched with similar players.

I would actually say one of biggest advantages of Dota 2 is the community (minus the Russians :P). It is much better than Dota communities, with less abusers/hackers, much more produced content for it, generally healthy discussions, etc.
All in all, D1 v D2 is a stupid debate, it is subjective, but fact is D1 communities are dying while D2 is on the rise. Same thing happened with SC:BW and SC2. Will Dota 2 be as big as Dota 1 in it's peak? Maybe not, but neither will Dota 1 get any bigger in the future, it is just a bunch of small sites/forums/communities.