Author Topic: Game destroying  (Read 3456 times)

Offline zxcv

• Advanced Member
  • Topic Author
  • ME, IM STRONGGG
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Game destroying
« on: January 25, 2013, 03:34 »
There should be rule within Game destroying witch will say Players must not farm 50 mins wood and loose game on purpose. WTF it is not banable?

Players may loose game whenever he want. Player can rage about some shit on other player and refuse to play and go farm wood in order to loose game so he can prove some shit to other noob kid. mmmm?
What goes around comes around!
-Is it a fly?

Offline Natura Sonoris

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • Alternating Current
  • Awards Forum staff member [RARE] GFX staff member [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Game destroying
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2013, 04:27 »
The problem is that moderators would have to watch whole replays in order to judge if he really ruined that game or not , which is not really solution because he will get few days ban and he will just go to other account resulting in big waste of time which could be used to solve much easier requests.

That's why we implanted ignore command and autoban , so we deal with some problems much more effective ways,since we can't really prevent Multiaccounters (that's why IHRL is invented for players who want decent mid skill games ) and we just hired more mods to keep Reports sections clean all the time (i think it takes max 15 min to get unbaned , and bit more to ban someone)

And another reason is that that player is gaining exp and gold whole time , if he wants to farm whole game , it is his choice.That's why noobs in pro / pro in noobs game rules was removed , we added PSR system which more-less ''solves'' the problem.There will be always retarded kids who want to ruin other people's fun , but there is no cure for it.

If you have some better suggestion , post it in feedback .Also this topic will be opened for discussion.

Offline Mr.BoNe

• Another Guy..
  • Retired Moderator
  • WickedSick Member
  • Future History
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2013, 05:22 »
Still icy banning someone because he farms in wood 20-40 minutes doesn't brokes any rule.Ban request are beeing made for this kind for game ruin,but rules for game ruin are there :

Player must not ruin the game by:
      a: Intentionally Feeding
      b: Sabotaging Teammates:

by telling possition on the map to the opponent,
    by using hero skills on purpose to sabotage eg. Toss, Fissure, Sprout, Bloodrage, Disruption, Decrepify, Astral Imprisonment, Recall, Nether Swap, Cold Embrace etc.

c: Mass-selling, hiding, destroying own items.
      d: Exposing own or ally items (couriers aswell) for the enemy on purpose.

So we must deny them (according to rules)

Offline LordDoom

• Pro Member
  • Google must be a woman, it knows everything.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2013, 09:15 »
The problem is that moderators would have to watch whole replays in order to judge if he really ruined that game or not , which is not really solution because he will get few days ban and he will just go to other account resulting in big waste of time which could be used to solve much easier requests.

That's why we implanted ignore command and autoban , so we deal with some problems much more effective ways,since we can't really prevent Multiaccounters (that's why IHRL is invented for players who want decent mid skill games ) and we just hired more mods to keep Reports sections clean all the time (i think it takes max 15 min to get unbaned , and bit more to ban someone)

And another reason is that that player is gaining exp and gold whole time , if he wants to farm whole game , it is his choice.That's why noobs in pro / pro in noobs game rules was removed , we added PSR system which more-less ''solves'' the problem.There will be always retarded kids who want to ruin other people's fun , but there is no cure for it.

If you have some better suggestion , post it in feedback .Also this topic will be opened for discussion.
So u want to tell me that we can't do absolutely nothing to prevent them for ruining, couse we must not use !votekick command. We votekick once a guy and 8 guys got ban and warn for that.

Offline Astaroth

• Satan Admin
  • Honored member
  • GodLike Member
  • Blood for the Blood God!
  • Awards Forum staff member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2013, 11:54 »
It is impossible to make perfect rules.

If some1 is farming in woods whole game, has stats 1/2/1 while others have 9/11/15 I would consider it as game ruining or as sabotaging teammates - leaving you fight 4v5 on purpose.

This isn't exactly written in the rules but I guess it makes sence if you get banned after this game.

As Icy said, watching 50 minutes of game isn't really possible but it would be needed if reported guy would have stats just below average.

Signature by Rocka

Offline zxcv

• Advanced Member
  • Topic Author
  • ME, IM STRONGGG
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2013, 14:04 »
The time needed to solve that request is really problem i understand that, and i will understand if it is the only reason u wont consider that kind of requests.
But still, that should be banable, and it is real game destroying by doing that whole game.
-Is it a fly?

Offline zxcv

• Advanced Member
  • Topic Author
  • ME, IM STRONGGG
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2013, 14:38 »
I would like to see like this and i think we all agree thats game ruin.

by using hero skills on purpose to sabotage eg. Toss, Fissure, Sprout, Bloodrage, Disruption, Decrepify, Astral Imprisonment, Recall, Nether Swap, Cold Embrace etc.

e: Refusing to play, farming or else with no intention to win game.

Eventually u can deny some req cuz lack of time or so if u want but i want to see that as a rule.
Btw that guy actually answered me that he wanted to loose it and we could do nothing about that.
-Is it a fly?

Offline Astaroth

• Satan Admin
  • Honored member
  • GodLike Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2013, 15:19 »
I understand you and I would ban a guy who obviously farmed for no reason if I would see his score 1/1/1 while others have 10/7/16, this is obvious.
But if we would add your point, we would be flooded with ban requests and many of them would be just "rage ban requests" because someone didn't help in team fight. Even tho that ban request would be denied, mod would still have to spend tens of minutes to check that.

Same was with new rule with insulting. If we would forbid insulting completely, there would me bazillions ban requests.

Signature by Rocka

Offline GrySun

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2013, 16:39 »
i remember having 3-1-2 score with legion before and i had feeders on team. The enemy were pushing mid, and they were overfed, so i continued to farm a little longer. Later i was reported and banned for "game ruin". And when i reported someone later for doing even worse, farming 40 minutes, having 0-4-0 score whole game, it got denied. Face it, every mod has his own rules on banning people.

Offline Astaroth

• Satan Admin
  • Honored member
  • GodLike Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2013, 17:12 »
Yes, every mod can see the situation differently and everyone may have their own explanation of the rules...

Signature by Rocka

Offline Natura Sonoris

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • Alternating Current
  • Awards Forum staff member [RARE] GFX staff member [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2013, 17:26 »
Still icy banning someone because he farms in wood 20-40 minutes doesn't brokes any rule.Ban request are beeing made for this kind for game ruin,but rules for game ruin are there :

So we must deny them (according to rules)

Well from my post you can clearly see why some certain things are in rules and some are not. Some things must be checked because they hardcore game ruining  , that requires watching replay but they are easily solved because they are clear from certain point.Someone farming for 30 mins is not.

Try out in IHRL , pubs are pubs , you can't expect always a normal game , there must be one out of 10 games that have real tard in it.Also try reaching more than 1700 psr , from that point you can expect very few retards in games.

i remember having 3-1-2 score with legion before and i had feeders on team. The enemy were pushing mid, and they were overfed, so i continued to farm a little longer. Later i was reported and banned for "game ruin". And when i reported someone later for doing even worse, farming 40 minutes, having 0-4-0 score whole game, it got denied. Face it, every mod has his own rules on banning people.

When was that ? And you could report that case , you are advised to do it.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 17:33 by Icy »

Offline zxcv

• Advanced Member
  • Topic Author
  • ME, IM STRONGGG
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2013, 17:50 »
But if we would add your point, we would be flooded with ban requests and many of them would be just "rage ban requests" because someone didn't help in team fight. Even tho that ban request would be denied, mod would still have to spend tens of minutes to check that.

Its same with afking. U need to check replay if some1 stay afk than move than again afk because he dont want autoban by standing still 5 mins, and hoping no request. U need to check it right?

Well from my post you can clearly see why some certain things are in rules and some are not. Some things must be checked because they hardcore game ruining  , that requires watching replay but they are easily solved because they are clear from certain point.Someone farming for 30 mins is not.

Hmm let me see, i think that no intention to win the game by farming all game or so is much worse than

Btw what should i do while that guy doing it, can i be afk and w8 them to finish or i must farm too, or def and feed or else? No point rly..
-Is it a fly?

Offline kingW3

• Partimanijak
  • Retired Moderator
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Awards GFX staff member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2013, 18:28 »
Do you see a difference of getting 4k gold in 15 min and 0 gold in 15 min?Do you see the difference between game ruining and tactics?I mean sometimes it sucks when your teammate is farming,but well what is the point of dying every time?I mean it kills the point of game if you just go 5v3 and the opponent takes rampage.In that case better go farm and you may win the game(well small chances but still).

Offline Platin

• Honored member
  • WickedSick Member
  • Awards Winner of 1 Photoshop Challenge Contest [COMMON] Hacks staff member [RARE] 3v3 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2013, 00:48 »
well, 1 player can save game with farming a lot.

Let's imagine 4 players are trying to defend only; but other one is farming especially with nc. after 15 mins; that farmer can save game. It happened a lot. i.e: imba spectre, pl, void etc. can save game. This kind of situations are tactic.

With other cases, its game ruining obviously. Astaroth is right. We can understand it with checking k/d/a ratio.

Offline zxcv

• Advanced Member
  • Topic Author
  • ME, IM STRONGGG
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2013, 02:27 »
Dude u are missing the point. He didnt go wood to feed but to let us play 4v5, he never came to help... Can u understand that mby?
-Is it a fly?