Author Topic: disconnects  (Read 2674 times)

Offline AiLA

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
disconnects
« on: November 01, 2012, 11:18 »
Hi,

I am wondering if anyone have same problem like me, I am getting disconnect after every game, well if it lasts more then 10-15 minutes, I was reading through eb forums and apparently it's a problem in router and can be resolved by refreshing the connection like whispering, writing !from/!ping command etc, this is just annoying and I was wondering if anyone got any solution for this, or if anyone knows what the problem within the router is, also what are the ports used by the standard gproxy and eb? I will try to forward them in router just in case it would do something, I think it's something like 6112-6117 but can someone confirm this?

Thanks
AiLA
Kneel in the presence of almighty panda!

Offline GREED

• greedisgood
  • Retired Moderator
  • WickedSick Member
  • Awards Winner of 1 Signature of the Week Contest [COMMON] Winner of 1 Photoshop Challenge Contest [COMMON] Tours staff member [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • you bored?
    • Awards
Re: disconnects
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2012, 11:20 »
do you have lags? do you use any sort of hacks or IP changers?
zgcsm_Mqth1_J7_OJM62_Jp_Ecgo6c_YSIh_VTn_LZv_PIf_Aet_Yqq_MDjt_FQs_Ow_Bm_Kf_AWtig_XM_large_2" border="0

Spoiler for Dota SUTMoH Top 10 Vol 3  :

Offline dRagoLjuB

• dRagoLjuB
  • Retired Moderator
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Nowhere and Everywhere
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2012, 11:24 »
Bigger chance to get ur answer @ xpam than here

Offline AiLA

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2012, 11:30 »
I didn't had any problems with my other ISP, I recently changed into fibre optics broadband connection, I am connecting from UK and i have about 18ms pings, no lags, no hacks, well mana bars, not sure if that is considered as hack... but the disconnects are only happening since I got the new ISP and new router with it... And I asked about it on XPAM too, but no response or solution so far, MRNICEGUY said that it's a problem in the router but haven't specified what kind of problem... And I know it's the problem with EB, but since most users playing on LA are connecting via eurobattle, well not sure if fawkz is even still alive, maybe someone had the same problem and has a solution here, that's why I posted it here...

Offline dRagoLjuB

• dRagoLjuB
  • Retired Moderator
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Nowhere and Everywhere
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2012, 12:00 »
I dont think someone knows the answer to your question , anyway gl :)

Offline Astaroth

• Satan Admin
  • Honored member
  • GodLike Member
  • Blood for the Blood God!
  • Awards Forum staff member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2012, 13:16 »
I have same problem, and we aren't the only ones.
The only solution I found was what you said: refresh connection with whispering or other commands. I'm not sure if it really works, I usually forgot to do it.

Btw mana bars are forbidden by XPAM.

Signature by Rocka

Offline AiLA

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2012, 13:24 »
Yeah so do I so i end up restarting the whole eb all the time zz... do you know what's the cause of the problem? I mean what's exactly is wrong in the router that causes this?

Are they? O.o aren't the mana bars even in dota 2?

Offline kingW3

• Partimanijak
  • Retired Moderator
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Awards GFX staff member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2012, 14:02 »
It's because your router doesn't send keep-alive packets so server thinks you disconnected when your router doesn't return the keep-alive package.Try playing with this gproxy http://lagabuse.com/forum/index.php/topic,78540.msg398497.html#msg398497
It should solve it

Offline AiLA

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2012, 14:13 »
thanks kingW3 now this was helpful, I will try to set the keep alive packets to shorter periods in the router, see if that helps, will try that as soon as i get home back from work, will post the result for others...

also i tried different gproxys with no positive results

Offline AiLA

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2012, 14:17 »
oh btw, i don't really know much about this matter but i am on cable internet so it shouldn't have a problem with keep alive packets like dsl...

Offline div.ide

• Honored member
  • WickedSick Member
  • Awards Winner of 1 Challenge of the Week [COMMON] Forum staff member [RARE] Drummer - Music Quiz #2 [RARE] Trumpeter- Music Quiz #3 [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2012, 14:28 »
Keepalive packets are up to programmer to implement them, and not everyone seem to do it. However...

http://www.pctools.com/guides/registry/detail/891/
...I found this little thing. Try ading those registry keys and check if anything changed. This sets up some global system settings, so there's a chance that it will solve the issue. Remeber to reboot after changing settings.
01010111 01100101 01101100 01101100 00100000 01100100 01101111 01101110 01100101 00101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110010 01100100 00101110

Offline AiLA

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2012, 14:32 »
yes, that's what I was looking into here: http://blogs.technet.com/b/nettracer/archive/2010/06/03/things-that-you-may-want-to-know-about-tcp-keepalives.aspx

long story short, I will try to set the keep alive time parameter to 9 minutes from 2 hours, as it seems like it drops the connection after 10 minutes

thanks for the help

Offline kingW3

• Partimanijak
  • Retired Moderator
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Awards GFX staff member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2012, 15:08 »
Aila did you try the gproxy i posted i think it has a automatic keep-alive package send,anyway the upper solution may work as well

Offline dRagoLjuB

• dRagoLjuB
  • Retired Moderator
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Nowhere and Everywhere
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2012, 15:32 »
you can try it , it will work maybe but in some months (maybe days) u wont be able to join any game without the xpam gproxy
hf

Offline AiLA

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2012, 16:57 »
Erm, I am using gproxy, as mentioned this is not related to gproxy but to a problem with router, maybe it is the one with keep alive packets so i will be checking it and posting if it solves the issue.... but I am always using gproxy, not that it ever helped, as when I was using wifi and dsl internet connection and the connection was resetting, i got votekicked before i could reconnect or if i didn't i just dropped anyway as the gproxy wasn't able to reconnect me. Although i always got unbanned so no problem there... Maybe just you should get more B&U moderators so they can react to the requests quicker =))