Author Topic: Anyone playing/has played "space"?  (Read 3636 times)

Offline T-001

• MonsterKill Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Anyone playing/has played "space"?
« on: August 10, 2012, 23:40 »
I am curious if there are other people fond of strategy games - even if the graphic isn't that great. In this case I am talking of space, a mmorpg on an appreciated theme for the sci-fi fans - choosing a race, colonizing planets, building ships, making alliances and fighting neighbors. Unlike most games, this one requires some tactical skills, or else you would find yourself in a very nasty situation like not having enough people to employ or colonize planets, not enough income to compensate the upkeep/expenses and so on. You need also to know how to build ships since you can manually design them and set a certain number of slots to hull, shield, one of the 3 weapon types, sensors etc. I have played this game for some time and I found it very addicting, especially since it's a browser game that can be played pretty much anywhere. The bad thing about it is the time needed - it's a tick based game so after the galaxy has started there were cases when I needed to come every 2h - or more - to check the alliance.
Hopefully I wasn't completely boring you, I will stop now and if someone will find the game worth the time to discuss it, I will be happy to give more details.

Offline iNevermore

• WickedSick Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Anyone playing/has played "space"?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2012, 00:13 »
You should get kicked for advertising....
Deal with it B)

Offline DatFace

• Rorschach
  • Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • ..see what im chweing iz a magic shroom
  • Awards Winner of 1 Signature of the Week Contest [COMMON] Winner of 3 Photoshop Challenge Contests [RARE] Tours staff member [RARE] Forum staff member [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] Tour Pro Member [EPIC] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2012, 00:15 »
XD

Offline T-001

• MonsterKill Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2012, 00:23 »
If people will think I am advertising a game that is from another category, has completely different points of view and thinking way, be sure I won't run anywhere. I still saw that the "generals online" game was also discussed, so I don't see any problem discussing other game. I am not telling you to go and play it, I only asked if you are a player of that game or not, or you like the subject.
Seems forum people like to talk a lot just not on the subject. If you don't like it, just post "not interested" or don't post at all. I can't see a reason to spam for nothing when there is a simple question.

Offline GmX

• WickedSick Member
  • Head Without Brain = Sexy Body
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2012, 00:34 »
Get a life
next time i suggest you to read the post again and dont post in some thing you dont understand , moron Hater  hmm i suggest you to go get a life not him xD

Offline div.ide

• Honored member
  • WickedSick Member
  • Awards Winner of 1 Challenge of the Week [COMMON] Forum staff member [RARE] Drummer - Music Quiz #2 [RARE] Trumpeter- Music Quiz #3 [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2012, 00:38 »
So basically turn based strategy, except MMO and with move ticks prolonged to 2h? That's rather new to me. Although seems like it could work. Well, almost. What happens if you can't actually log in and give new orders? Can you get it somewhat scheduled, or you'd more or less wast a turn?

(On a sidenote, it's a weird and rare to read post with proper punctuation, clear grammar etc. on this forum... You should post more :D)

E: Sori stalk0r, me admrie ur gmarrar 2 ;) (maybe it's just that you mostly spam short posts? I don't know. It only struck me now anyway)
« Last Edit: August 11, 2012, 00:47 by div.ide »
01010111 01100101 01101100 01101100 00100000 01100100 01101111 01101110 01100101 00101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110010 01100100 00101110

Offline DatFace

• Rorschach
  • Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • ..see what im chweing iz a magic shroom
  • Awards Winner of 1 Signature of the Week Contest [COMMON] Winner of 3 Photoshop Challenge Contests [RARE] Tours staff member [RARE] Forum staff member [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] Tour Pro Member [EPIC] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2012, 00:41 »
ONTOPIC:It seems old, i still cant believe its an mmorpg game!
also i tried to find some videos on youtube about this game but nothing!

OFFTOPIC: but as we talking about mmorpg games,

this is my dream, can't wait to buy a proper pc and play that game
« Last Edit: August 11, 2012, 00:48 by iLLuSioNer »

Offline NiGhT^^StAlKeR

• Safelist Administator
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Geh.TT. / Rockasaurus / Nox.Interfector
  • Awards Winner of 1 Photoshop Challenge Contest [COMMON] Warlock Tour Winner [RARE] Rubick Tournament Winner Morphling Tour Winner Award [RARE] Mirana 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Invoker 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Admiral Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Windrunner Tour Winner [RARE] 1v1 Earthshaker Tournament Winner [RARE] LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] Path of the King Tour 1. Place Award [LEGENDARY] 3v3 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 AR Tour Winner [RARE] IHRL Member [RARE] IHRL Champion [EPIC] IHRL Legend [LEGENDARY] 5v5 Night Cup Winner [EPIC] Tiny Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2012, 00:41 »
(On a sidenote, it's a weird and rare to read post with proper punctuation, clear grammar etc. on this forum... You should post more :D)

Pff, me iz alwayz posting with clear grammarz , why didn' ya say it to meh?
Dota - Pick me 0:51  SF :)
Dota - Symphony of skills 4:23 SF :D
Dota - Light the torch 2:12  SF :D
Dota - Keep ownage 0:25-1:25 Naix :D
WoDotA 8)

Offline T-001

• MonsterKill Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2012, 01:12 »
So basically turn based strategy, except MMO and with move ticks prolonged to 2h? That's rather new to me. Although seems like it could work. Well, almost. What happens if you can't actually log in and give new orders? Can you get it somewhat scheduled, or you'd more or less wast a turn?

Hm I guess i should explain a few stuff. Tick = a 2 min time in which the game is stopped, and all stats are updated. It happens every hour from x:58-y:00 like from 11:58-12:00. Assuming you can't connect to the game (and nobody can every hour day and night) the economy goes on, you get your income BUT your ships which arrived at the designated planet will not move (except if they were in the alliance defense force ADF in which case the alliance's general can control them). In "crisis" situation that you should be on aprox every 2h because that is the minimum time a warship can travel from system to system (note this is for oomari race, all the other races need a minimum of 3h. Still, if he alliance has an oomari as general, all players can benefit from his racial advantage). Basically, I need to see if i get a warning from the sensors that an enemy fleed is arriving so I can move my own fleet and counter them. Also, in late game there is a lot of chatting/messaged including diplomacy which can either take you to a NAP (non agression pact) or if u're not active an attack as being an easy target.
The buildings you set to be built will continue to be built as long as you have enough money. If one of the main 2 currencies is missing, the building will be halted until you get the cash :)
Illusioner, since this is not a graphical game, i doubt they have much to show on the youtube. Like i said, it's mostly a mind thing. If you like chess for example, you know it doesn't matter so much how it looks but what are u doing.
Terra looks great, indeed. But I guess it also has some game specs...
div.ide thanks :) I generally talk when I have something to say, and most of the times it's in my section or in pms. But i will try to be more active in other places :) Of course, night stalker is a grammar pro just maybe he works like his alter ego from the game... during the night he has a boost aura but during the day .... :D
GMX Thx.   

Offline kingW3

• Partimanijak
  • Retired Moderator
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Awards GFX staff member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2012, 01:16 »
Agreed,i saw few of ns's posts and i was impressed since you usually make short posts,i guess you're lazy as i am :) .
On topic
I like space kind of games because you almost all ways need to have some strategy, good use of money etc.
Even though i'm not a fan of RPG's in general i guess i would like the game(i liked all the games that i have played that are space kind of games).
Btw
If i only remembered the name of the game i played(space related)
« Last Edit: August 11, 2012, 01:21 by kingW3 »

Offline T-001

• MonsterKill Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2012, 01:31 »
:) Hmm now that you mention it I can be lazy...:D But I am generally i'm short on talking except when i have smth to explain of course...:)
The game was bought by another company so I kinda lack the prints...maybe that is better since that might really be considered advertising ...)
There is a game manual you can browse here but it's kinda complicated. It took me about 3 months just to know the basics, and even so, when i met a pro in a fight of 100 plus vs 100plus ships he kicked my ass like hell. The part i like though is that i managed to keep my allies safe and avoid unnecessary fights by diplomacy, so we all ended the galaxies togeter (there is a certain time for each galaxy. I noticed things have changed but the policy was - in the moment there were a certain number of players alive, let's say 50, countdown started and 72h from the start, the galaxy finished. Players got a distinctive sign for their rank, empire size or other stuff). Now the galaxies seem to be smaller and they last 900 ticks. A full galaxy has 100 players.

Offline NiGhT^^StAlKeR

• Safelist Administator
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Geh.TT. / Rockasaurus / Nox.Interfector
  • Awards Winner of 1 Photoshop Challenge Contest [COMMON] Warlock Tour Winner [RARE] Rubick Tournament Winner Morphling Tour Winner Award [RARE] Mirana 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Invoker 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Admiral Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Windrunner Tour Winner [RARE] 1v1 Earthshaker Tournament Winner [RARE] LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] Path of the King Tour 1. Place Award [LEGENDARY] 3v3 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 AR Tour Winner [RARE] IHRL Member [RARE] IHRL Champion [EPIC] IHRL Legend [LEGENDARY] 5v5 Night Cup Winner [EPIC] Tiny Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2012, 01:33 »
Montenegro people are known as lazy :P

Anyhow. internet is gettin' overflowed with abbreviations so people are forgetting main structure of words , and whats more important - their actual usage.

But I guess existence of div.ide and T-001 is exception that proves the rule above ;)
« Last Edit: August 11, 2012, 01:35 by NiGhT^^StAlKeR »
Dota - Pick me 0:51  SF :)
Dota - Symphony of skills 4:23 SF :D
Dota - Light the torch 2:12  SF :D
Dota - Keep ownage 0:25-1:25 Naix :D
WoDotA 8)

Offline lucky..strike

• The Ban & Unban Dinosaur
  • Retired Moderator
  • HolyShit Member
  • I will be heard !
  • Awards Winner of 1 Photoshop Challenge Contest [COMMON] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2012, 15:57 »
If this would mean meeting people like you, I'll pass, thanks. Stick to the topic or post somewhere else please.
Offtopic : +1 mate ;)
Ontopic : Never played it ,have no time , must study :D
"Give me your broken, give me your beaten. I will build them up, I will lead them -To the threshold!"                                                 

Offline baja_cro

• Retired Moderator
  • WickedSick Member
  • Watch and Learn
    • View Profile
    • GrandMaster Techie
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2012, 14:12 »
Montenegro people are known as lazy :P

yy, after u teach that from dalmatians :D

Baja_cro laugh in the face of danger ha ha ha