Author Topic: Creepstopping  (Read 1900 times)

Offline Drtiic

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Creepstopping
« on: July 14, 2012, 14:20 »
Hi, I would like to ask you: Is creepstopping (killing creeps without your own creeps, usually on the top lane between the towers) forbidden? Because usually, it pretty fucks up the game and it's difficult to stop (if not impossible, combo Axe + Dark Seer is something you can't stop with the best stunners and range dmg dealers).

For me, I really don't enjoy playing games in which creepstopping is used, it makes the game result obvious from the beginning, and I think this technique should be banable as game ruining, since the game is just a waste of time. Well, you may say Dota is practically a wargame and in a war you can use anything you want, but I don't agree. Dota is more like fun, and there is no fun in watching your opponents destroying your buildings with no way of stopping them. I have no problem using creepstopping in a tournament, where there play 2 teams of well-organized players against each other, but in a public game on playdota? Its just lame and I think it should be banned because it takes the fun out of the game.

(And before someone says I am a noob - I have over 1000 games played on playdota, and my PSR is around 1700, so please don't call me noob just because I like Dota for the fun and not for the winning only.)

Offline FU I am PeNGuiN

• WickedSick Member
  • United we stand!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Creepstopping
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2012, 14:26 »
Hi, I would like to ask you: Is creepstopping (killing creeps without your own creeps, usually on the top lane between the towers) forbidden? Because usually, it pretty fucks up the game and it's difficult to stop (if not impossible, combo Axe + Dark Seer is something you can't stop with the best stunners and range dmg dealers).

For me, I really don't enjoy playing games in which creepstopping is used, it makes the game result obvious from the beginning, and I think this technique should be banable as game ruining, since the game is just a waste of time. Well, you may say Dota is practically a wargame and in a war you can use anything you want, but I don't agree. Dota is more like fun, and there is no fun in watching your opponents destroying your buildings with no way of stopping them. I have no problem using creepstopping in a tournament, where there play 2 teams of well-organized players against each other, but in a public game on playdota? Its just lame and I think it should be banned because it takes the fun out of the game.

(And before someone says I am a noob - I have over 1000 games played on playdota, and my PSR is around 1700, so please don't call me noob just because I like Dota for the fun and not for the winning only.)

Offline baja_cro

• Retired Moderator
  • WickedSick Member
  • Watch and Learn
    • View Profile
    • GrandMaster Techie
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2012, 14:39 »
http://176.9.26.177/stats/player/1/wecomeinpiece

u can find 3 heroes here
any1 of them can pwn that combo with np

omg ... i have 1700+ in 37 games .. what a pro im ..........

baja_cro_techies_pro

Baja_cro laugh in the face of danger ha ha ha

Mighty Chieftain of Clan BiM

Offline donjacrtasamir

• WickedSick Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2012, 14:42 »
fun.... there is no fun in dota

i never heard somone talking omg omg i had so much fun playing dota today , the only thing i hear is omg i played with total tards/ noobs i hope they die all...

ontopic:

try pulling creeps to stop axe on top lane. it is hard but with pratice you can do it, and you will definitly become stronger.
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. so go on and practice

and for the 1000 games and 1700 psr YES YOU ARE A NOOB!!!!
If your frightened of dying, and your holding on. You'll see devils tearing your life away but if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels,... Freeing you from the earth

Offline LEGEN-WAIT-DARY

• Secret Agent
  • Success is falling nine times and getting up ten.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2012, 14:43 »
still noob   ;D
Always look on the bright side of life.
You will find your way.

Offline ^9^

• Smile….It confuses peple..!!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2012, 14:46 »
Buy wards or go down and do the same. And 1700 and 1000games hard pro  ::)
i have1950 and i am noob  :-[

Offline Astaroth

• Satan Admin
  • Honored member
  • GodLike Member
  • Blood for the Blood God!
  • Awards Forum staff member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2012, 14:48 »
Blocking or stopping creeps is allowed in our pub games, you can block them by Sprout, Fissure or by Axe.
Something similar was discused here:
http://176.9.26.177/forum/index.php/topic,103405.15.html

Axe + Dark seer is hard to play against, totally agree, but how often do you see this combo?
Often I see Axe + some random hero doing this and solution is simple, get 2 rangers here. If Axe doesn't have Dark Seer or Tuskar, he is screwed.

Signature by Rocka

Offline Shadow

• Pro Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2012, 16:17 »
I think this technique should be banable as game ruining

no way

Offline div.ide

• Honored member
  • WickedSick Member
  • Awards Winner of 1 Challenge of the Week [COMMON] Forum staff member [RARE] Drummer - Music Quiz #2 [RARE] Trumpeter- Music Quiz #3 [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2012, 17:33 »
fun.... there is no fun in dota

i never heard somone talking omg omg i had so much fun playing dota today

There's definitely some Fun in DotA.
And seemingly you never heard me.

On topic: Whoever claims backdooring, creepblocking, creepskipping, spawn blocking neutrals etc. is not legit and should be banned, sounds stupid to me. Go ban wards, it's a map hack.

Conclusion: there's always a way to counter certain technique.
01010111 01100101 01101100 01101100 00100000 01100100 01101111 01101110 01100101 00101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110010 01100100 00101110

Offline Bart0zzo

• Pro Member
  • Aye!”„Fight and you may die. Run and you will live
  • Awards Warlock Tour Winner [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] IHRL Member [RARE] IHRL Champion [EPIC] Troll Producer Best Couple (2v2) Tour Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2012, 17:38 »
backdooring, creepblocking, creepskipping, spawn blocking neutrals etc. is purely tacticial in some cases and favors a lot smart players....
And dying in your bed many years from now, would you be willing to trade all the days from this day to that for one chance, just one chance, to come back here as young men and tell our enemies that they may take our lives but they will never take our freedom!

Offline Djerfi

• Retired Moderator
  • WickedSick Member
  • Awards Forum staff member [RARE] Path of the King Tour 2. Place Award [EPIC]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2012, 00:12 »

It's not forbidden.
It will not be bannable.
There are a lot of ways to prevent it so it's automatically disqualified as an imbalanced game play.

Offline Drtiic

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2012, 02:45 »
OK, I will just cry as they will rape my ass ;-)

Offline GrySun

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2012, 11:28 »
it is a bit gay, yes, but icefrog made heroes with blocks like es and furi, so he probably intended the game to have those things. pulling creeps is quite risky with smart enemies, as they can find u and thereby kill easy, which happened many times in my games.

And about axe+seer, its crap, probably the perfect example of a great hero combo, which makes laning quite impossible. Guess u have to call ur whole team for some ganks in this case :P

Offline baja_cro

• Retired Moderator
  • WickedSick Member
  • Watch and Learn
    • View Profile
    • GrandMaster Techie
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2012, 11:40 »
drtic .. dont worry anymore
i reported him
he just got perma banned 2x
http://176.9.26.177/forum/index.php/topic,106551.0.html

Baja_cro laugh in the face of danger ha ha ha

Mighty Chieftain of Clan BiM

Offline donjacrtasamir

• WickedSick Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2012, 12:42 »
drtic .. dont worry anymore
i reported him
he just got perma banned 2x
http://176.9.26.177/forum/index.php/topic,106551.0.html

good guy baja...
If your frightened of dying, and your holding on. You'll see devils tearing your life away but if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels,... Freeing you from the earth