Author Topic: IS TIME TRAVEL POSSIBLE  (Read 3696 times)

Offline BOGROKI

• Advanced Member
  • Topic Author
  • BOGROKI
    • View Profile
    • Awards
IS TIME TRAVEL POSSIBLE
« on: July 03, 2012, 00:30 »
I watched a video from year 1920. where old lady speak on mobile phone....strange enough for me.And what u think does mankind have techology for 24th century,but they think that they still have time to putt it on market,we still need to make money from elements in use(like oil,trees,etc)!I think that out there is cure for every disease,out there are cars runin on hydrogen,i mean what a hell they now by now!we still live on nikola tesla inventions.....but question i wanna now answer on is time travel,sience fiction or sience faction?? have u ever tought on those stuff??? :)  8)

Offline iNevermore

• WickedSick Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: IS TIME TRAVEL POSSIBLE
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2012, 00:34 »
Did you smoke something? if yes share with me please  ;D ;D
Deal with it B)

Offline BOGROKI

• Advanced Member
  • Topic Author
  • BOGROKI
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2012, 00:35 »
+1 :) hard stuff :)

Offline Astaroth

• Satan Admin
  • Honored member
  • GodLike Member
  • Blood for the Blood God!
  • Awards Forum staff member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2012, 00:53 »
There is way how can you "travel to future", to future only, not back in past.
Theory of relativity, "kinda simple".

1) You can "travel to future" by moving very very fast (speed of light). If you are moving very fast, time around you goes slower. If you put one clock on a ground on the Earth and second one in a plane that will fly by a speed of light, you'll find out that clock #1 shows 12:00 and clock #11:30. This is just example, I don't know real numbers. So in fact if you can fly 100 years by speed of light, there would past 300 years on the Earth.

2) Same goes with gravity. Stronger gravity = slower time. If you would get into singularity (middle of black hole with infinite gravity, it is impossible to get there alive ofc) for 1 year, there would past 10 years on the Earth. Again, I don't know exact numbers, these are just examples.

And now imagine a machine that would be able to fly by speed of light with infinite gravity inside -> let's go to the future!

*This is what I remember from physics lessons from high school. I hope I remember it correctly  ;D

Signature by Rocka

Offline BOGROKI

• Advanced Member
  • Topic Author
  • BOGROKI
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2012, 01:00 »
yea i got that,ur talking about space-time curve!well indeed it is posible 2 travel back in time...but for that u need to move faster than speed of light(in fact impossible,cuz nothing cant travel faster.but thats also as far as we know,and we dont know nothing yet :).....)pls check out this on youtube...rlly strange :)))
Spoiler for Hiden:
!

Offline GREED

• greedisgood
  • Retired Moderator
  • WickedSick Member
  • Awards Winner of 1 Signature of the Week Contest [COMMON] Winner of 1 Photoshop Challenge Contest [COMMON] Tours staff member [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • you bored?
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2012, 01:08 »
aaaaaaaaaa time travel noobs ;D
much to learn young jedi
zgcsm_Mqth1_J7_OJM62_Jp_Ecgo6c_YSIh_VTn_LZv_PIf_Aet_Yqq_MDjt_FQs_Ow_Bm_Kf_AWtig_XM_large_2" border="0

Spoiler for Dota SUTMoH Top 10 Vol 3  :

Offline NijeHtelo

• Pro Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2012, 01:11 »
it is with boots of travel xD

Offline Astaroth

• Satan Admin
  • Honored member
  • GodLike Member
  • Blood for the Blood God!
  • Awards Forum staff member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2012, 01:12 »
Comment from youtube:
the easiest explanation is often the correct one:

she does not hold anything in her hand. She only scratches her head saying something like "What am i going to do next?" or "What else do i need to buy?"

As a time traveller she would act grossly negligent.

Plus a phone call would require a second time traveller with a mobile phone. And since there are no telephone masts nor satellites in 1920, the phones just would not work!

Signature by Rocka

Offline FU I am PeNGuiN

• WickedSick Member
  • United we stand!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2012, 01:15 »
woah, intresting topic for me, but its late...so i can't debate it like a boss :/

Offline BOGROKI

• Advanced Member
  • Topic Author
  • BOGROKI
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2012, 01:24 »
Comment from youtube:
the easiest explanation is often the correct one:

she does not hold anything in her hand. She only scratches her head saying something like "What am i going to do next?" or "What else do i need to buy?"

As a time traveller she would act grossly negligent.

Plus a phone call would require a second time traveller with a mobile phone. And since there are no telephone masts nor satellites in 1920, the phones just would not work!

and we dont know mb she was talkin 2 space ship :)))

Offline donjacrtasamir

• WickedSick Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2012, 02:07 »
time travel yeah ftw

look the sun right now ,and you see it like it was 8 min ago.

time travel :P
If your frightened of dying, and your holding on. You'll see devils tearing your life away but if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels,... Freeing you from the earth

Offline XeqtR

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.
  • Awards Patreon Supporter [RARE] Legion TD Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2012, 02:09 »
time travel is possible ofc...if you cross through the stargate when a solar flare is happening it can take you back in time (haters will hate :) ) !..or ask pitbull :)
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Offline GREED

• greedisgood
  • Retired Moderator
  • WickedSick Member
  • Awards Winner of 1 Signature of the Week Contest [COMMON] Winner of 1 Photoshop Challenge Contest [COMMON] Tours staff member [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • you bored?
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2012, 03:19 »
1. that phone u talk about is not phone at all. its a hearing device filmed in wierdo situation

2. flying in plane wont gief you some significant "time travel" but if u spend one year in some USS ENTERPRAJZ orbiting the Earth (in orbital speed) u will gain  0.014 seconds. it means u will age less  0.014 sec in one year then the  any man on Earth. this is one of many theories wwhich outcomed out of famos einsteins theory.  that theory can be and was tested by a formula and resarch...  google "time dilatation" and u will find out all u need to know bout this. basicaly gravity affects all including speed whihc also affects time.

3. mybe u can gief youself sports almanah and be a rich rich guy,and pooof a paralel universe is created. things change (but universe and time from which u came still exists, but whithout you)...  and if u ever come back to it, it will be still the same... only the "rich" you will have different life. u will still be a sucker which gief  someone fame,fortune, data or idk what, and ended up back on same...

but if i ever invent time-traveling device of any kind il post another post just before this post.
Spoiler for Hiden:
and guess what. u will not see that prepost couse its not currently here. only your copies from paralel universe could see it if it ever happens in the future. i mean past :S

DEEP SHIET 8)  8)

zgcsm_Mqth1_J7_OJM62_Jp_Ecgo6c_YSIh_VTn_LZv_PIf_Aet_Yqq_MDjt_FQs_Ow_Bm_Kf_AWtig_XM_large_2" border="0

Spoiler for Dota SUTMoH Top 10 Vol 3  :

Offline BOGROKI

• Advanced Member
  • Topic Author
  • BOGROKI
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2012, 08:35 »
hahahahahahahh imba greed :)  8)

Offline div.ide

• Honored member
  • WickedSick Member
  • Awards Winner of 1 Challenge of the Week [COMMON] Forum staff member [RARE] Drummer - Music Quiz #2 [RARE] Trumpeter- Music Quiz #3 [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2012, 10:02 »
You remember quite well, Astaroth, just missing few details ;)

It's called Time dilalation, and you don't really need to move with a speed of light, actual effect happens with any speed. However effect is dependant on speed (usually measured as percentage of speed of light), and only gets significant when you get some significant speed (say... 10%c for example?). If you hit actual speeed of light, "your" clock would stop at all (from someone else's perspective), this is what happens with photon (which has no mass and would normally have 0 timespan, but moving with speed of light can actually "survive" for quite a while).

Black holes don't have infinite gravity (AFAIK, that would suck up pretty much everything inside on pretty much instant) though it's indeed high enough to suck light inside. But yeah, gravity affects time just as you said (slower time around stronger gravity field).

If you wanted to spend 100 years in space, and after coming back have earth being 300 years older (3 times as much time passed), you can count up speed at which you should travel (half of the time from, then another half of the time towards earth), se we want it to be (WARNING, MIGHT BE WRONG!):

Spoiler for Equation used :

it's called Lorentz factor, and appears pretty much everywhere in relativistic theory

1/sqrt(1 - (v/c)^2 ) = 3
sqrt(1- (v/c)^2) = 1/3
1- (v/c)^2 = 1/9
(v/c)^2 = 8/9
v/c = sqrt(8/9) ~= 0.94 = 94% of speed of light

Still quite a lot :D

And one more thing, relativistic kinetic energy goes not like (mv^2)/2, rather (mv^2)/2sqrt(1-(v/c)^2), which means accelerating to light speed requires exactly infinite amount of energy(mv^2/0=?), unless you have no mass (see -> photon). So no, you can't really travel to past.

Greed, you watched too much "Back to future" :D (I mean, the almanac thingy)

E: Good eye penguin. In polish it's "dylatacja", which kinda fooled me. Fixed.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 14:07 by div.ide »
01010111 01100101 01101100 01101100 00100000 01100100 01101111 01101110 01100101 00101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110010 01100100 00101110