Author Topic: New PSR formula is live from today (30.9.2019)  (Read 835 times)

Offline iErnesto94

• Honored member
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Server Account: iErnesto94
    PSR: Loading
    Games: Loading
    Wins/Loses: Loading/Loading
    Hero K/D/A: Loading
    Creep K/D/N: Loading
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Patreon Supporter [RARE] DotA 5v5 Tournament Winner [EPIC] Winner of 1 Photoshop Challenge Contest [COMMON] 1v1 Windrunner Tour Winner [RARE] GFX staff member [RARE] Tours staff member [RARE] B&U staff member [RARE] Best Couple (2v2) Tour Winner [RARE] 3v3 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] 3rd Place Admins Cup [EPIC] LA Ladder #4-10 [LEGENDARY]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: New PSR formula is live from today (30.9.2019)
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2019, 08:08 pm »
I really cant see how this new system is an improvement.
Since for me psr is a good motivation to play and currently for me getting psr feels a complete nonsense I wont play anymore. I hope you will bring back the old system.

Offline luke

• ~evil~
  • Honored member
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Awards Hacks staff member [RARE] B&U staff member [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] Best B&U mod of the month 3 times in a row [EPIC] 3rd Place Admins Cup [EPIC] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2019, 08:25 pm »
There are only 2 main directions of how ranking points can be calculated based on myubernick's formula.

1) You have a big amount of imaginary points due to high psr players being protected in "noob games" which means that there is a huge gap between high psr players and average players.

Result: You don't lose much psr in games but you get bad games more frequently due to low psr teammates, a lot of complaints about "i must smurf because i get only noobs in team"

2) High psr players aren't protected and they lose significantly more psr when playing in "noob games".

Result: high psr players cry that they lose a lot of psr and have +1/-5 ratios but the games should be better due to a better distribution of psr. The psr gap doesn't exist.

The formula now is a something between these 2 approaches: high psr players get protected less and lose more psr in "noob games", the gap is still there but barely reachable.

If you ask me, the only way to have fair games is option 2, unless the whole elo system is changed. Of course, there is a PSR CAP for extremely good players depending on the rating median of the league, if you are interested, check about elo systems, it is a typical approach in many other games and is, in my opinion, completely fair.

Switching the formula midseason obviously puts high psr players at disadvantage. The "progress" seems to be negative because of it.

To speak in other words, no matter what the formula is, high psr players will cry either about "getting only noobs in games" (old formula) or "losing too much psr" (new formula). I think that the new formula is better because it should make games more balanced and the only real disadvantage is that some people will have lower imaginary numbers than before (instead of 1900 psr, pros will have around 1750)
« Last Edit: October 08, 2019, 08:30 pm by luke »

Offline cen

• Administrator
  • WickedSick Member
  • Topic Author
  • Lok'tar Ogar
  • Server Account: cen
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards LA High Staff [EPIC] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] MVP Member [LEGENDARY]
    • View Profile
    • EuroBattle.net
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2019, 10:10 pm »
As mr deer said this is a feedback topic, I will collect all the ideas here (some good already) and then decide how to move forward. Let's set the deadline to the end of this week.

Offline Sejanus

• Patreon Supporter
  • Pro Member
  • Awards Patreon Supporter [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2019, 07:14 pm »
Changes are the following..

If player's rating (PSR) is lower than his team's average:
- in case of victory player gains more PSR
- in case of defeat player loses less PSR

If player's rating (PSR) is higher than his team's average:
- in case of victory player gains less PSR
- in case of defeat player loses more PSR

In equally balanced games you gain same amount as PSR as you lose.

Positive and negative feedback is welcome. Also let us know if you see any anomalies in PSR gain/lose and !rall anomalies.

Love it, works way better.

Should consider stat reset now.

Online Happy..

• RD 1600 // +2
  • V.I.P
  • Advanced Member
  • Server Account: Fairy.
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards DotA 5v5 Tournament Winner [EPIC] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] VIP Member [EPIC] 5v5 Xmas Tournament Winner [EPIC] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] LA Ladder #4-10 [LEGENDARY] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2019, 09:29 pm »
Also, you could code in some imaginary currency that's tiding to one's account. Per each win you get 5 PSR + 5 *currency name*. After you collect 100 *currency name* you can trade it for some priviliges like the name color in the channel, in the game or something like that, people seem to like that shit. This way you can add more value to accounts.

Offline Jimmy

• Special Little Flower
  • Global Admin
  • GodLike Member
  • ♛ LA Clan Chieftain ♛
  • Server Account: Jimmy
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Best B&U mod of the month 5 times [LEGENDARY] MVP Member [LEGENDARY] LA High Staff [EPIC] Contributor [COMMON] VIP Member [EPIC] Honored Battlegrounds Player [RARE] Best Tours mod of the month 3 times in a row [EPIC] IHRL Member [RARE] Winner of 3 Photoshop Challenge Contests [RARE] Best Hacks Moderator of the month [RARE] Forum staff member [RARE] Tours staff member [RARE] Hacks staff member [RARE] B&U staff member [RARE] GodLike Tournament Member [LEGENDARY] DotA 5v5 Tournament Winner [EPIC] Best Tours mod of the month 5 times in a row [LEGENDARY] Tournaments Contribution [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2019, 10:01 pm »
Also, you could code in some imaginary currency that's tiding to one's account. Per each win you get 5 PSR + 5 *currency name*. After you collect 100 *currency name* you can trade it for some priviliges like the name color in the channel, in the game or something like that, people seem to like that shit. This way you can add more value to accounts.
I proposed something similar lately ,sort of.
Collecting 100-300-500 Clean games can be Exchanged for Icons/PSR or some other award.
But we didnt discuss about collecting PSR , since award for that is being the VIP at the end of the Season, getting all the stuff from that [coloured Nickname,Private Chat, Etc].
◤ Server Operator
✔ Eurobattle.net Super Moderator ➤ http://eurobattle.net/members/1085329-Jimmy
✔ Safelist Voucher ➤ http://eurobattle.net/forums/345-Safelist
✔ Contact Via Discord ➤ https://discord.gg/VjCAbdU

Offline grga_man

• V.I.P
  • Pro Member
  • Server Account: Star_scream
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards VIP Member [EPIC] 1v1 ARSHOM [RARE] LA Ladder #4-10 [LEGENDARY] DotA 5v5 Tournament Winner [EPIC] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] 1v1 AR Tour Winner [RARE] 5v5 Xmas Tournament Winner [EPIC] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Mirana 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: October 11, 2019, 10:41 pm »
Also, you could code in some imaginary currency that's tiding to one's account. Per each win you get 5 PSR + 5 *currency name*. before you collect 100 *currency name* you can trade it for some priviliges like the name color in the channel, in the game or something like that, people seem to like that shit. This way you can add more value to accounts.

give fairy that colour name already, so he can stop crying today..

Offline Meth0d

• GFX Pro Member
  • Awards GFX Tournament Second Place [UNIQUE] Dealing with multiple GFX requests [EPIC] Winner of 3 Signature of the Week Contest [RARE] Winner of 1 Photo Manipulation Contest [COMMON] Winner of 1 Photoshop Challenge Contest [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2019, 12:24 am »
Also, you could code in some imaginary currency that's tiding to one's account. Per each win you get 5 PSR + 5 *currency name*. before you collect 100 *currency name* you can trade it for some priviliges like the name color in the channel, in the game or something like that, people seem to like that shit. This way you can add more value to accounts.

give fairy that colour name already, so he can stop crying today..

agree.