Author Topic: Builds that make you want to ALT + Q + Q  (Read 9725 times)

Offline dotADRENALiNE

• Pro Member
  • Topic Author
  • Stare into the abyss
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Builds that make you want to ALT + Q + Q
« on: March 20, 2016, 20:09 »
Basically a thread with the most retarded/random pub builds which work in like only one case and fail in 99 other cases.
Example:
Vladmirs Vanguard Basher Anti-Mage, fuck Battlefury no one needs that.
Lothars on any agility carry, even against a Slardar.
No Blink Dagger Magnus.
Orb Effect Ursa, usually Madness, we don't have that DOTA 2 update here so his swipes are an orb effect, hence why people go for Vladmirs which is a lifesteal aura instead of an orb effect.
Aghanims Huskar. No. Just no. Fuck the cooldown decrease, its fucking pointless considering all the good items you can pick.
Radiance Bloodseeker. This build is already old, why don't you google up the DOTA 2 builds, Bloodseeker got a remake, you don't have a permanent Blood Bath now.
Cliff Jungling Furion and then going MAX Dagon. Really, if you want to have a better time jungling with this hero, I am planning on making a guide for Dota 6.83d and I will release it, might take a month or so, but you will be jungling faster than just TPing on one of the damn cliffs and going afk, eventually getting ganked and calling your teammates retards.

Anyone got some other builds that piss them off?
More easy it would be to understand the Morse code than this guys English !
i see commy's mom in the voting options, i vote.

Offline CoMMoN1337

• WickedSick Member
  • twitch.tv/RobertC1337
  • Awards Rubick Tournament Winner Pudge 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Invoker 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Admiral Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Windrunner Tour Winner [RARE] Techies 1v1 Tour Winner [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] 5v5 Night Cup Winner [EPIC] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE] 1v1 Nevermore Tour Winner [RARE] Best Couple (2v2) Tour Winner [RARE] Puck Tournament Winner Award [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Builds that make you want to ALT + Q + Q
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2016, 20:12 »
Basically a thread with the most retarded/random pub builds which work in like only one case and fail in 99 other cases.
Example:
No Blink Dagger Magnus.
Orb Effect Ursa, usually Madness, we don't have that DOTA 2 update here so his swipes are an orb effect, hence why people go for Vladmirs which is a lifesteal aura instead of an orb effect.
Aghanims Huskar. No. Just no. Fuck the cooldown decrease, its fucking pointless considering all the good items you can pick.
Radiance Bloodseeker. This build is already old, why don't you google up the DOTA 2 builds, Bloodseeker got a remake, you don't have a permanent Blood Bath now.
Cliff Jungling Furion and then going MAX Dagon. Really, if you want to have a better time jungling with this hero, I am planning on making a guide for Dota 6.83d and I will release it, might take a month or so, but you will be jungling faster than just TPing on one of the damn cliffs and going afk, eventually getting ganked and calling your teammates retards.

Everything you mentioned is perfectly fine provided you just play it out properly, except for the ursa thing.
The issue here is that everyone is horrible at the game, so what items you go for don't really matter when you take into account how bad you are.

Offline dotADRENALiNE

• Pro Member
  • Topic Author
  • Stare into the abyss
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2016, 20:15 »
Example:
No Blink Dagger Magnus.

Everything you mentioned is perfectly fine provided you just play it out properly, except for the ursa thing.
The issue here is that everyone is horrible at the game, so what items you go for don't really matter when you take into account how bad you are.

Not really, this is like 90% old school stuff. It is better to go BF and Manta Anti Mage in like 90% of the games. You will farm faster and snowball faster, why would you go vladmirs vanguard?
Cliff jungling furion is simply put, horrible. There is a better way to jungle with him and since it is faster, it is more efficient. I was getting midas and treads before min 10.
Magnus without a blink is pretty bad, unless your opponents are under 1500.
And just seeing people buy lothars pisses me off, that is like 3k gold which will be gone to waste after someone decides to buy dust/sentry/gem.
That's just my opinion tho, this doesn't mean it doesn't work in lower rated pubs, but there are better ways to do it :P

Just to add one more thing:
Battlefury on ranged heroes. Playing on Garena, i asked someone why are you going BF on mirana? What did he reply?

To farm faster.

Well, we got that update in DOTA 2 now, BF works for ranged but it deals less %. Except that we aren't close to getting it in WC3 DotA

Offline CoMMoN1337

• WickedSick Member
  • twitch.tv/RobertC1337
  • Awards Rubick Tournament Winner Pudge 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Invoker 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Admiral Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Windrunner Tour Winner [RARE] Techies 1v1 Tour Winner [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] 5v5 Night Cup Winner [EPIC] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE] 1v1 Nevermore Tour Winner [RARE] Best Couple (2v2) Tour Winner [RARE] Puck Tournament Winner Award [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2016, 21:08 »
Example:
No Blink Dagger Magnus.

Not really, this is like 90% old school stuff. It is better to go BF and Manta Anti Mage in like 90% of the games. You will farm faster and snowball faster, why would you go vladmirs vanguard?
Cliff jungling furion is simply put, horrible. There is a better way to jungle with him and since it is faster, it is more efficient. I was getting midas and treads before min 10.
And just seeing people buy lothars pisses me off, that is like 3k gold which will be gone to waste after someone decides to buy dust/sentry/gem.
That's just my opinion tho, this doesn't mean it doesn't work in lower rated pubs, but there are better ways to do it :P

Battlefury on ranged heroes. Playing on Garena, i asked someone why are you going BF on mirana? What did he reply?

To farm faster.

Well, we got that update in DOTA 2 now, BF works for ranged but it deals less %. Except that we aren't close to getting it in WC3 DotA
Farm speed is irrelevant if you are too squishy and you get pushed and lose the game before you can put it to use, vanguard vlads basher provides good fighting ability early on, it is a very good situational build if you have other heroes that can carry in your team and if you are not the main farmer in your team.

Lothar provides other things than invisibility which help many heroes a lot, the active is just an added bonus that makes people spend some gold on sentry/dust/gem. Playing against a slardar or gondar is absolutely irrelevant and should not influence your decision to go lothar any more than the fact that there are dust and sentry and gem available for everyone to buy in shops.

No blink dagger magnus can again be perfectly fine if you have other sources of initiation in your team and if you instead go for some aura build for example to make your team strong in fights.

Cliff jungling furion may not be faster than normal jungling furion however it does save some camps for other heroes or for supports to stack them for mid laner or carry which can be far better than a little more farmed furion.

Radiance bloodseeker is perfectly fine and logical, bloodseeker chases a lot, lesser hp enemies more movespeed, more movespeed greater benefit from radiance burn. Also increases his farming speed ridiculously much, and it doesn't matter if he doesn't have passive regen on creep/hero kill, at max lvl that skill can be applied permanently because it has less cooldown than it has duration.

Aghs huskar is great when you have plenty of heroes that can do stuff if someone else goes in first, the more he can go in, the better for those heroes in the backlines. Absolutely nothing wrong with it if picked in the right scenario it's great.

Ursa ofc is horrible if his passive ability is disabled from an item purchase fuckup, however you should really consider that maybe you are annoyed because you are playing with bad players that have no clue how to play, and not because of some specific things which as you can see are perfectly fine in some situations.

guest49825

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2016, 21:21 »
what the fucking wrong with vladmir
on am

Offline CoMMoN1337

• WickedSick Member
  • twitch.tv/RobertC1337
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2016, 21:22 »
I think he meant the combination of vlads along with vanguard and basher, not the vlads only. At least I hope so, because saying vlads is bad on AM is like saying necro3 is bad on rexxar.

Offline AGENT

• Honored member
  • MonsterKill Member
  • DODJI UKLJUCI !!!
  • Awards 2nd place on GFX Ladder 2018 [UNIQUE] Winning 5 seasons of Football Betting [LEGENDARY] Winner of 10 Photo Manipulation Contest [LEGENDARY] Violinist - Music Quiz #1 [EPIC] 2nd place on GFX Ladder 2017 [UNIQUE] Winner of 5 Signature of the Week Contest [EPIC] Winner of 5 Photoshop Challenge Contests [EPIC] Jungle Race Tour Winner [RARE] 1v1 Nevermore Tour Winner [RARE] Winner of 20 Daily Tours [EPIC] Winner of 5 MadBalls Tours [LEGENDARY] Invoker 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] GodLike Tournament Member [LEGENDARY] Tours staff member [RARE] Winner of Admins Cup [LEGENDARY] LA Ladder #3 [LEGENDARY] Best Tours mod of the month 5 times in a row [LEGENDARY] 1v1 AR Tour Winner [RARE] Challenge Accepted [RARE] Deer Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2016, 22:15 »
Gondar 1st item bf :D

Offline jeandarc

• Administrator
  • HolyShit Member
  • Server Account: jeandarc
    PSR: Loading
    Games: Loading
    Wins/Loses: Loading/Loading
    Hero K/D/A: Loading
    Creep K/D/N: Loading
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Lagabuse Legend Winner of 1 Challenge of the Week [COMMON] Winning 3 seasons of Football Betting [EPIC] GFX Tournament Participant [COMMON] Making 50 bets in Footbal Betting [COMMON] GFX staff member [RARE] Winner of 1 Signature of the Week Contest [COMMON] LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC] 1v1 Earthshaker Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Queen of Pain Tour Winner [RARE] Winner of 5 ShadowRaze Tours [LEGENDARY] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] Pudge 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Invoker Wars Tournament [RARE] 1v1 AR Tour Winner [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2016, 22:31 »
I heard some ppl are making dagger + euls on sniper, omg so stupid

Offline dotADRENALiNE

• Pro Member
  • Topic Author
  • Stare into the abyss
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2016, 22:37 »
Example:
No Blink Dagger Magnus.

To farm faster.

Farm speed is irrelevant if you are too squishy and you get pushed and lose the game before you can put it to use, vanguard vlads basher provides good fighting ability early on, it is a very good situational build if you have other heroes that can carry in your team and if you are not the main farmer in your team.

Lothar provides other things than invisibility which help many heroes a lot, the active is just an added bonus that makes people spend some gold on sentry/dust/gem. Playing against a slardar or gondar is absolutely irrelevant and should not influence your decision to go lothar any more than the fact that there are dust and sentry and gem available for everyone to buy in shops.

No blink dagger magnus can again be perfectly fine if you have other sources of initiation in your team and if you instead go for some aura build for example to make your team strong in fights.

Cliff jungling furion may not be faster than normal jungling furion however it does save some camps for other heroes or for supports to stack them for mid laner or carry which can be far better than a little more farmed furion.

Radiance bloodseeker is perfectly fine and logical, bloodseeker chases a lot, lesser hp enemies more movespeed, more movespeed greater benefit from radiance burn. Also increases his farming speed ridiculously much, and it doesn't matter if he doesn't have passive regen on creep/hero kill, at max lvl that skill can be applied permanently because it has less cooldown than it has duration.

Aghs huskar is great when you have plenty of heroes that can do stuff if someone else goes in first, the more he can go in, the better for those heroes in the backlines. Absolutely nothing wrong with it if picked in the right scenario it's great.

Ursa ofc is horrible if his passive ability is disabled from an item purchase fuckup, however you should really consider that maybe you are annoyed because you are playing with bad players that have no clue how to play, and not because of some specific things which as you can see are perfectly fine in some situations.

Lets start,

Farm speed
None of those items will help AM scale good in the late game where he excels, except for the basher, but honestly he is not a fragile hero at all, he has a 5 second blink, or if you decide to go for the BurNing build he wont be fragile. yes, there are some small cases when the old school build is better.

That is like wasting 3k on an item which can be countered at any time, so you will depend on luck at one point or another, and why spend 3k when the enemy support can just spend 180/200g and kill you? It gives some AS and DMG but it's not worth it, especially on heroes who would benefit a lot more from a dagger than lothars, the only exception can be when there is a sniper, if you can choose between a lothars and a dagger go for a lothars in that case because of shrapnel, same goes for something like an enigma, etc.

When does that happen in pubs?

1.People rarely stack with supports.
2.Cliff jungling makes furion obvious about his location and can usually get ganked easily from any decent mid laner which has a decent spell, sniper can literally ulti him and he will die, all sniper needs is a ward on the cliff. Or Shrapnel. Before 10 minutes a small ammount of players farm the jungle, maybe Enigma and SF, but when you have one of those heroes you arent really supposed to take a jungler, cos they will be using the jungle.

There are some newer builds which make him online and useful sooner.

Aghs huskar is great when you have plenty of heroes that can do stuff if someone else goes in first, the more he can go in, the better for those heroes in the backlines. Absolutely nothing wrong with it if picked in the right scenario it's great. But it is situational and useful in a small ammount of cases and its really frustrating to see someone RUSH it.

Nope, I just took that Ursa as an example cos it fits with the thread, I did once see a 1550 rated ursa with madness tho :P

Gondar 1st item bf :D

Think you have seen everything?
Spoiler for Everything:
1st item Dagon gondar.
Yes, it can work out cos of the burst damage but no, u have better choices.

Offline dotADRENALiNE

• Pro Member
  • Topic Author
  • Stare into the abyss
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2016, 22:38 »

Don't forget that Radiance, in case shrapnel doesn't prevent their Blink Daggers ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Offline jeandarc

• Administrator
  • HolyShit Member
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Lagabuse Legend Winner of 1 Challenge of the Week [COMMON] Winning 3 seasons of Football Betting [EPIC] GFX Tournament Participant [COMMON] Making 50 bets in Footbal Betting [COMMON] GFX staff member [RARE] Winner of 1 Signature of the Week Contest [COMMON] LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC] 1v1 Earthshaker Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Queen of Pain Tour Winner [RARE] Winner of 5 ShadowRaze Tours [LEGENDARY] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] Pudge 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Invoker Wars Tournament [RARE] 1v1 AR Tour Winner [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2016, 22:45 »

Don't forget that Radiance, in case shrapnel doesn't prevent their Blink Daggers ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Y check this idiot sniper build http://dota.eurobattle.net/la/forum/index.php?action=gameinfo;sa=game;gid=5905345

Offline NiGhT^^StAlKeR

• Safelist Administator
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Geh.TT. / Rockasaurus / Nox.Interfector
  • Awards Winner of 1 Photoshop Challenge Contest [COMMON] Warlock Tour Winner [RARE] Rubick Tournament Winner Morphling Tour Winner Award [RARE] Mirana 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Invoker 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Admiral Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Windrunner Tour Winner [RARE] 1v1 Earthshaker Tournament Winner [RARE] LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] Path of the King Tour 1. Place Award [LEGENDARY] 3v3 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 AR Tour Winner [RARE] IHRL Member [RARE] IHRL Champion [EPIC] IHRL Legend [LEGENDARY] 5v5 Night Cup Winner [EPIC] Tiny Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2016, 01:28 »
Example:
No Blink Dagger Magnus.

Vanguard on AM is good sometimes, since there are moments where blink+3rd spell wont help you survive (versus some physical dmg rapists), and Vanguard makes you very hard to kill at that point. About vlads+vg+basher, well, if you skip the vlads so early, it's decent build. Ofc vlads can be useful also sometimes, so I disagree about this build being ''fail". It's just not effective as bfury, but your team (and your opponents) sometimes wont allow you to farm with 700hp till min ~20.

Lothars on any agility carry - Why not? Cause there are items 180/200gold which reveal you? So what? Lothar is mainly used to ''initiate'' a gank, therefore dust won't help them much, which leaves just sentries, which is a problem obviously. But let's look at the good sides of loth: 30% AS (it's not so irrelevant at all), decent escape/chase mechanism, and most important, it makes you unpredictable. You can gank anyone, anywhere. No one on map will feel safe to farm woods/lane while you have lothar, unless they got sentry ward somewhere close, and considering the fact that sentries last just few minutes, it's a big pain in the ass for the opponent if some mid-game agility rapist takes fast lothar (SF for instance). So, lothar is not a fail on a carry. Problem is that pubbers just cant use it properly, since they think it makes em immortal.

No dagger Magnus - Obviously you never played against some heavy dps'ers like veno/appa/sniper's shrapnel/zeus/etc who disable your dagger easily, and make you useless running-around cunt who cant use ulti properly. As commy mentioned, sometimes auras n stuff can help you alot instead of simple dagger, and ofc you shouldnt forget the force staff. So, in like 80% of games dagger is good choice, but sometimes it is just better to get smth else.

About ursa, as far as I know, swipes are no longer orb effect. Madness ain't working with ulti tho, but other orbs should work just fine I think, correct me if i'm wrong, since I didn't play ursa for a while.

Radi BS and scepter Husk - well, it is true that there are usually better items, but depends on game.

Cliff jungling Furion is decent. Why? Cause you farm without wasting ANY mana/hp. Which makes you always ready for a gank. Also, you are taking just one camp, so it leaves space for your teammates if they want to do smth in woods (stack, farm, pull). About you being gankable, well, you always have 2 cliffs, where the Sentinel one requires a bit more "skill" for proper farming. About maxing dagon, well, fail 97% of time  :D

Therefore, almost everything you mentioned isn't so bad actually, there are often better solutions, but you can't say this is some huge fail. I'll tell you some huge fails:

- PL/AM or pretty much every agi hero, going first item vladimirs

- Slardar (or some other similar hero) going dagger without boots or anything

- Rushing radiance without boots, or anything

- Alche midas

- Obsi scepter

- Lich/CM arcane

And much more... ofc even some of these i've mentioned can be good in some games, like lich arcane for team if really needed, or rushing radiance if your team tactics rely on it.. everything in this game is optional, and any item can do decent, if used properly. Except fckin midas alche, it's damn 3 creeps with his passive  :D But well, it can be used for some nice exp burst (usage on high-lvl neutrals), so... Everything is optional, and hugely depends on opponents/teammates/game itself
Dota - Pick me 0:51  SF :)
Dota - Symphony of skills 4:23 SF :D
Dota - Light the torch 2:12  SF :D
Dota - Keep ownage 0:25-1:25 Naix :D
WoDotA 8)

Offline jeandarc

• Administrator
  • HolyShit Member
    Show/hide more stats
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2016, 02:28 »
Why are u even discussion obvious stuff, cant u realize that this guy's brain has been absubed by using mh

There is no rule book in dota, items and skill build should be done according to the situation u are in most of the time.

Offline CoMMoN1337

• WickedSick Member
  • twitch.tv/RobertC1337
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2016, 05:16 »
First item vlads on AM is good when you have a hard lane and when you go battlefury next stalky, the components are very good to sit on lane and might as well upg it if some gold from it already spent, it's a good combination of items which you should get anyway most times if you wanna go battlefury.
Vlads first believe it or not will accelerate your farm speed in some scenarios more than battlefury, because it's far cheaper so you can switch to neutral farming earlier if not allowed to sit on lane, if they chase you around woods they just waste time obviously. :P
It is good mostly because of the implications, I mean, if you have such a hard lane that you can't even farm there then they are devoting more resources for that lane to happen so you can afford to delay your battlefury because they are also delaying their gold income with that lane, I mean, if that lane is so strong then the other lanes are not as strong as they could be so they gain less gold on those.
Ofc if the enemy team is extremely strong they can just push the tower but then the question is, why was AM picked in the first place if enemies are strong enough to be able to do that without being prevented from doing that. Some other pick would've been far better in this case. :D

Otherwise everything you said is correct, and I guess I could've spelled out some of those obvious other stuff you mentioned to that guy too. I keep assuming ppl use their brain but maybe he completely missed those, like furi being able to assist far easier if cliff jungling and lothar having 30% attackspeed. :D
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 05:27 by CoMMoN1337 »

Offline Astaroth

• Satan Admin
  • Honored member
  • GodLike Member
  • Blood for the Blood God!
  • Awards Forum staff member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2016, 09:17 »
Lothar's, as much as I dislike invis stuff, can be usefull. As others mentioned, it provides more than invisibility. Plus it can be upgraded into Silver Edge.
Does W3 DotA has this item?

Aghanim on Huskar can be good choice. Increases dmg from 35% to 65% and decreases cd to 4 seconds.
In W3 DotA the Life Break does 50% w/o Agha, right?

Radiance on BS is still good, just won't heal him "permanently".
It also will help whole team, as affected heroes has 17% to miss. In DotA 2.

And Aghanim for OD? Why not? It places all affected heroes Astral Imprisonment and damages them in D2.

Ahh, fuck it. Why am I in this discussion about stuff that was good or bad in old version? :D
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 09:20 by Astaroth »

Signature by Rocka