Author Topic: How to play SF.  (Read 21240 times)

Offline Jimmy

• Honored member
  • GodLike Member
  • (Retired) LA Clan Chieftain
  • Awards Best B&U mod of the month 5 times [LEGENDARY] MVP Member [LEGENDARY] LA High Staff [EPIC] Lagabuse Legend Advisor Winner of 5 Photoshop Challenge Contests [EPIC] IHRL Member [RARE] Best Tours mod of the month 3 times in a row [EPIC] VIP Member [EPIC] Contributor [COMMON] B&U staff member [RARE] Hacks staff member [RARE] Tours staff member [RARE] Forum staff member [RARE] Best Hacks Moderator of the month [RARE] GodLike Tournament Member [LEGENDARY] Best Tours mod of the month 5 times in a row [LEGENDARY] Tournaments Contribution [RARE] DotA 5v5 Tournament Winner [EPIC] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: How to play SF.
« Reply #45 on: August 27, 2014, 02:34 »
Jesus Christ, its just a game

Offline CoMMoN1337

• WickedSick Member
  • Topic Author
  • twitch.tv/RobertC1337
  • Awards Rubick Tournament Winner Pudge 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Invoker 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Admiral Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Windrunner Tour Winner [RARE] Techies 1v1 Tour Winner [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] 5v5 Night Cup Winner [EPIC] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE] 1v1 Nevermore Tour Winner [RARE] Best Couple (2v2) Tour Winner [RARE] Puck Tournament Winner Award [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: August 27, 2014, 06:35 »
I'm such a mega noob. :'(
:'(
Jesus Christ, I'm so bad at this game. :'(
:'(

Offline UltimateTroll

• Pro Member
  • Awards DotA 5v5 Tournament Winner [EPIC] LA Ladder #4-10 [LEGENDARY] LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] 1v1 Queen of Pain Tour Winner [RARE] 1v1 AR Tour Winner [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: August 27, 2014, 15:07 »
A wand ? You want to heal yourself ? Why ? Why not just die ? Who would want to heal themselves, what the fuck. Right ?
Wasnt salve a better choice ? I thought it 'heals more,is cheaper,and u can always juke to make sure its not interrupted'.I thought wand sucks,so ineffective..

Offline CoMMoN1337

• WickedSick Member
  • Topic Author
  • twitch.tv/RobertC1337
  • Awards Rubick Tournament Winner Pudge 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Invoker 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Admiral Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Windrunner Tour Winner [RARE] Techies 1v1 Tour Winner [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] 5v5 Night Cup Winner [EPIC] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE] 1v1 Nevermore Tour Winner [RARE] Best Couple (2v2) Tour Winner [RARE] Puck Tournament Winner Award [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: August 27, 2014, 15:58 »
A wand ? You want to heal yourself ? Why ? Why not just die ? Who would want to heal themselves, what the fuck. Right ?
Wasnt salve a better choice ? I thought it 'heals more,is cheaper,and u can always juke to make sure its not interrupted'.I thought wand sucks,so ineffective..
A salve heals more and is cheaper than a wand, and that a salve a clarity a circlet and a branch do more than a wand at a cheaper price, with the downsides being you must not get attacked while it heals and you lose item slots, both of which were the case here in this game.
You really are not that bright are you trol. :'(

Offline UltimateTroll

• Pro Member
  • Awards DotA 5v5 Tournament Winner [EPIC] LA Ladder #4-10 [LEGENDARY] LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] 1v1 Queen of Pain Tour Winner [RARE] 1v1 AR Tour Winner [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: August 27, 2014, 16:05 »
A salve heals more and is cheaper than a wand, and that a salve a clarity a circlet and a branch do more than a wand at a cheaper price, with the downsides being you must not get attacked while it heals and you lose item slots, both of which were the case here in this game.
The thing is,ur little 4 items are NEVER the case,unless ure talking about items u buy at minute -2,but who would be so smart to get a full wand at that point. :(

Offline CoMMoN1337

• WickedSick Member
  • Topic Author
  • twitch.tv/RobertC1337
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: August 27, 2014, 16:12 »
The thing is,ur little 4 items are NEVER the case,unless ure talking about items u buy at minute -2,but who would be so smart to get a full wand at that point. :(
While you waste your time with your lil wand, I buy boots, and I get easy kills and then towers because of them, then because of those easy kills and towers I got money so time to buy the wand right ?
Wrong. I save for the dagger, I get the dagger as fast as possible, and then I get more kills and towers with it. Now, I got money for wand and I got my dagger, time to buy wand right ?
Wrong. I get the boots of travel, easy access to farming/ganking/pushing, more gold coming, now, I got gold, time to buy wand right ?
Wrong. I save for the next item to get it as fast as possible, I get it, I get more kills and towers because of it. Now, time to buy wand right ?
Wrong, the game is over, you can't buy items when the game is over.

Learn dota.

Offline UltimateTroll

• Pro Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: August 27, 2014, 16:18 »
While you waste your time with your lil wand, I buy boots, and I get easy kills and then towers because of them, then because of those easy kills and towers I got money so time to buy the wand right ?
Wrong. I save for the dagger, I get the dagger as fast as possible, and then I get more kills and towers with it. Now, I got money for wand and I got my dagger, time to buy wand right ?
Wrong. I get the boots of travel, easy access to farming/ganking/pushing, more gold coming, now, I got gold, time to buy wand right ?
Wrong. I save for the next item to get it as fast as possible, I get it, I get more kills and towers because of it. Now, time to buy wand right ?

Learn dota.
Then why did u buy that shitty wand at all ? Not so bright now,are u komon ? :'(

Offline CoMMoN1337

• WickedSick Member
  • Topic Author
  • twitch.tv/RobertC1337
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: August 27, 2014, 16:20 »

Learn dota.
Then why did u buy that shitty wand at all ? Not so bright now,are u komon ? :'(
Because that wasn't the case this game maybe ?
All my team fed all over the place, what exactly did you want me to do ? Wand is very ITEMSLOT effective and fairly cheap, which was needed in this case, but no matter what items I would have that game was already lost by my team.

Not too bright now, are you trol ? :'(

Offline UltimateTroll

• Pro Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: September 23, 2014, 23:06 »

Offline CoMMoN1337

• WickedSick Member
  • Topic Author
  • twitch.tv/RobertC1337
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: September 24, 2014, 08:48 »
http://dota.eurobattle.net/la/forum/index.php?action=gameinfo;sa=game;gid=5577500
Trol be glad to contribute.
Thanks trol, I instantly laughed when I saw your score. ;D I just HAD to download the replay, I died laughing at your every death and your reactions. ;D

Offline UltimateTroll

• Pro Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: September 24, 2014, 21:21 »
Well,at least my predictions before creeps spawned were true. :D
Spoiler for Hiden:
01:53   DontMadPls   [Allies]   i think
01:55   DontMadPls   [Allies]   im gonna be
01:57   DontMadPls   [Allies]   fucked
01:59   DontMadPls   [Allies]   real hard
02:00   DontMadPls   [Allies]   this game
02:10   DontMadPls   [Allies]   like
02:12   DontMadPls   [Allies]   real real hard
Anyways,that puck was so pathetic,a couple of 3 man ganks early and entire map warded,they probably bought him a courier too,and all he managed to do in that little bit of time we were 1v1 was fail miserably,not to mention such a late kill despite having potm and tusk to back him up.

Offline CoMMoN1337

• WickedSick Member
  • Topic Author
  • twitch.tv/RobertC1337
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: September 24, 2014, 22:05 »
Spoiler for Hiden:
Anyways,that puck was so pathetic,a couple of 3 man ganks early and entire map warded,they probably bought him a courier too,and all he managed to do in that little bit of time we were 1v1 was fail miserably,not to mention such a late kill despite having potm and tusk to back him up.
Well, you basically defeated yourself with those predictions. Even though the situation wasn't ideal, you still had options, but you just inflicted mental blocks on yourself, and after a bad start it was already too late against those heroes.

If you didn't die and kept getting some xp, you could just catch up with farm by farming neutrals with lvl 4 razes easily, you just had to be more patient, and then just carry a tp when you have boots and lvl 4 raze, permanently watch the map, instantly tp when someone ganks a lane, easily get some kills there, etc.
It goes without saying that to play SF very good and most other heroes, a very good earlygame is needed, if you can't handle getting it regardless of the enemy heroes or hatefocus, you shouldn't play it. :)

It's not hard to dodge potm arrow/tusk snowball/tusk block if you're far enough, and then the creeps would always eventually go at your tower - because people here are too weak to have full control of a creeplane to keep it in place or drag it closer to their tower and keep it there - at which point you gain some xp and then you can easily have a good game because SF doesn't need much time after having lvl 4 raze to get back into the game even if he has a bad start, and again you can always punish sidelane ganks by instantly tping there whenever someone ganks that lane, because when someone ganks a lane here on this server in pubs, they pretty much 100% of the times go all in without thinking someone else can come to assist, and because of that, even though you shouldn't, you can still easily get kills, regardless of your farm, even though you shouldn't.

Long story short: try to actually use your brain while playing ;D, and you'll see how pathetically easy dota really is, especially on this server where regardless of the game psr you have absolute zeros in the enemy team.

Offline UltimateTroll

• Pro Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: September 27, 2014, 13:39 »
Spoiler for Hiden:
Well, you basically defeated yourself with those predictions. Even though the situation wasn't ideal, you still had options, but you just inflicted mental blocks on yourself, and after a bad start it was already too late against those heroes.

If you didn't die and kept getting some xp, you could just catch up with farm by farming neutrals with lvl 4 razes easily, you just had to be more patient, and then just carry a tp when you have boots and lvl 4 raze, permanently watch the map, instantly tp when someone ganks a lane, easily get some kills there, etc.
It goes without saying that to play SF very good and most other heroes, a very good earlygame is needed, if you can't handle getting it regardless of the enemy heroes or hatefocus, you shouldn't play it. :)

It's not hard to dodge potm arrow/tusk snowball/tusk block if you're far enough, and then the creeps would always eventually go at your tower - because people here are too weak to have full control of a creeplane to keep it in place or drag it closer to their tower and keep it there - at which point you gain some xp and then you can easily have a good game because SF doesn't need much time after having lvl 4 raze to get back into the game even if he has a bad start, and again you can always punish sidelane ganks by instantly tping there whenever someone ganks that lane, because when someone ganks a lane here on this server in pubs, they pretty much 100% of the times go all in without thinking someone else can come to assist, and because of that, even though you shouldn't, you can still easily get kills, regardless of your farm, even though you shouldn't.

Long story short: try to actually use your brain while playing ;D, and you'll see how pathetically easy dota really is, especially on this server where regardless of the game psr you have absolute zeros in the enemy team.
Wiell,considering how hard they went for me from the very start of the game,nothing i couldve done wouldve changed it.Wherever i went,whatever i did,they were there,at least 2-3 of them.If i tried to ward/counterward that wouldve put me even further behind,and slow my 'farm' even more.

As for tping when they gank,gl fighting solo,since they were always 3+ when diving a tower,and they bursted down both of my teammates before the tp wouldve been finished.Yes,i could kill one or two of them,but id die afterwards myself,and u probably know how trading kills 1 for 1 or even 2 for 1 with sf results(u dont get anything out of it,possibly some exp,but u lose half of ur souls and gold,which u could earn by farming.

I shouldve just went puck instead,the pool was full of them sf counters,and i still went for it,knowing they are 4 stack,knowing that they are gonna focus me,but like always,idgaf.

Offline CoMMoN1337

• WickedSick Member
  • Topic Author
  • twitch.tv/RobertC1337
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: September 28, 2014, 20:17 »
How to play SF with serious item build.
Enjoy.
http://dota.eurobattle.net/la/forum/index.php?action=gameinfo;sa=game;gid=5581057
and u probably know how trading kills 1 for 1 or even 2 for 1 with sf results(u dont get anything out of it,possibly some exp,but u lose half of ur souls and gold,which u could earn by farming.
If you kill 2 then die, you get the xp and you prevent 2 enemies from getting stronger, you can get your souls fast afterwards ... that's the biggest mistake you can make with sf vs many counters, to not fight early from fear of dying, you must fight them to not let them get strong, it doesn't matter if you die if you kill some, perma fight manly head on and also very important is to not go pussy items like bracer, those just delay the inevitable they don't give you opportunities to come back, continue ur standard build of dagger + bkb or etheral and ez.

Offline CoMMoN1337

• WickedSick Member
  • Topic Author
  • twitch.tv/RobertC1337
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: December 15, 2014, 10:48 »