Author Topic: Custom games  (Read 1112 times)

Offline UltimateTroll

• Pro Member
  • Topic Author
  • Awards DotA 5v5 Tournament Winner [EPIC] LA Ladder #4-10 [LEGENDARY] LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] 1v1 Queen of Pain Tour Winner [RARE] 1v1 AR Tour Winner [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Custom games
« on: April 04, 2020, 23:23 »
Alright im not sure whether this was intended or not,or how was this supposed to work,but i enter the game on the 1.26 patch,and i can never see custom games in lobby,but i can play them,no problems.Also i noticed a lot of people are playing custom games lately(with friends mostly).Id love to play some custom games,but i need like 7-8 people for some of them,which is absolutely impossible as most people just go play 1.26 and never really check for custom games in w3 channel,neither do they see those games in lobby.I would be very grateful if things could just go back to the way they were,if it isnt too much of a problem.

Offline jeandarc

• Administrator
  • HolyShit Member
  • Server Account: jeandarc
    PSR: Loading
    Games: Loading
    Wins/Loses: Loading/Loading
    Hero K/D/A: Loading
    Creep K/D/N: Loading
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Lagabuse Legend Winner of 1 Challenge of the Week [COMMON] Winning 3 seasons of Football Betting [EPIC] GFX Tournament Participant [COMMON] Making 50 bets in Footbal Betting [COMMON] GFX staff member [RARE] Winner of 1 Signature of the Week Contest [COMMON] LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC] 1v1 Earthshaker Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Queen of Pain Tour Winner [RARE] Winner of 5 ShadowRaze Tours [LEGENDARY] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] Pudge 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Invoker Wars Tournament [RARE] 1v1 AR Tour Winner [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Custom games
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2020, 00:48 »
"Going back" would mean choosing between making eurobattle either only custom games server or only dota server.
There are certain wc3 patches, dota patches and custom games that don't "like" each other to put it in simple words

Offline Jimmy

• Honored member
  • GodLike Member
  • (Retired) LA Clan Chieftain
  • Awards Best B&U mod of the month 5 times [LEGENDARY] MVP Member [LEGENDARY] LA High Staff [EPIC] Lagabuse Legend Advisor Winner of 5 Photoshop Challenge Contests [EPIC] IHRL Member [RARE] Best Tours mod of the month 3 times in a row [EPIC] VIP Member [EPIC] Contributor [COMMON] B&U staff member [RARE] Hacks staff member [RARE] Tours staff member [RARE] Forum staff member [RARE] Best Hacks Moderator of the month [RARE] GodLike Tournament Member [LEGENDARY] Best Tours mod of the month 5 times in a row [LEGENDARY] Tournaments Contribution [RARE] DotA 5v5 Tournament Winner [EPIC] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2020, 00:49 »
Alright im not sure whether this was intended or not,or how was this supposed to work,but i enter the game on the 1.26 patch,and i can never see custom games in lobby,but i can play them,no problems.Also i noticed a lot of people are playing custom games lately(with friends mostly).Id love to play some custom games,but i need like 7-8 people for some of them,which is absolutely impossible as most people just go play 1.26 and never really check for custom games in w3 channel,neither do they see those games in lobby.I would be very grateful if things could just go back to the way they were,if it isnt too much of a problem.
Ignore them like SS from Junggle.

Offline jeandarc

• Administrator
  • HolyShit Member
  • Server Account: jeandarc
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Lagabuse Legend Winner of 1 Challenge of the Week [COMMON] Winning 3 seasons of Football Betting [EPIC] GFX Tournament Participant [COMMON] Making 50 bets in Footbal Betting [COMMON] GFX staff member [RARE] Winner of 1 Signature of the Week Contest [COMMON] LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC] 1v1 Earthshaker Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Queen of Pain Tour Winner [RARE] Winner of 5 ShadowRaze Tours [LEGENDARY] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] Pudge 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Invoker Wars Tournament [RARE] 1v1 AR Tour Winner [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2020, 01:44 »
The best solution for this would have been to have a custom game league or something similar to that, but it's kind of too late for that right now. Although if the player base keeps increasing as it has for the recent weeks we might just have a shot at that, or at least something close to that.
Another easier and basic solution until the custom games player base increases again would be to create an official custom game channel that will be suppprted by eurobattle where CG players can gather there and host games.
The CG "lagabuse.com" bot can be moved there and renamed "la-cg" meanehile "la-dota" will continue to stay at la channel.
I'm just saying whatever comes to my mind right now, so dont take my word as some kind of official statement and whatnot, I havent really given this much thought

Offline .SaLiH.

• Contributor
  • WickedSick Member
  • http://twitch.tv/hazure97
  • Awards Deer Member LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC] VIP Member [EPIC] Winner of 5 Signature of the Week Contest [EPIC] Winner of 1 Photo Manipulation Contest [COMMON] Winner of 1 Challenge of the Week [COMMON] Winner of 3 Photoshop Challenge Contests [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE] Best Couple (2v2) Tour Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2020, 14:10 »
if you are reforged enough, I can join you
SO, IF YOU WILL BE IN THIS STATE EVER, GO AND FIGHT IT, LOL

Offline UltimateTroll

• Pro Member
  • Topic Author
  • Awards DotA 5v5 Tournament Winner [EPIC] LA Ladder #4-10 [LEGENDARY] LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] 1v1 Queen of Pain Tour Winner [RARE] 1v1 AR Tour Winner [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2020, 20:24 »
have they patched reforged yet,is it any good btw

Offline luke

• ~evil~
  • Contributor
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Server Account: FatAndViolent
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Warlock Tour Winner [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Hacks staff member [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] Best B&U mod of the month 3 times in a row [EPIC] 3rd Place Admins Cup [EPIC] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • My channel
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2020, 20:30 »
Still same, they fix 1 bug and create 10 new

Offline UltimateTroll

• Pro Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2020, 21:02 »
instead of reviving a nearly dead game,they are killing it with whatever reforged is.
Anyhow,id really like to see people joining a non-dota lobby that i create,make it happen pleaseeeeeeeee

Offline cen

• Eurobattle.net Admin
  • WickedSick Member
  • Lok'tar Ogar
  • Awards Lagabuse Legend LA High Staff [EPIC] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] MVP Member [LEGENDARY]
    • View Profile
    • EuroBattle.net
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2020, 22:29 »
We need 1.26 for dota, 1.28 just happens to be the last thing we can support and has some ok patches (map size, native fullscreen). It is true, you can't see the games which is actually good because of a possibility of desync.

No real good solution here.

Offline .SaLiH.

• Contributor
  • WickedSick Member
  • http://twitch.tv/hazure97
  • Awards Deer Member LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC] VIP Member [EPIC] Winner of 5 Signature of the Week Contest [EPIC] Winner of 1 Photo Manipulation Contest [COMMON] Winner of 1 Challenge of the Week [COMMON] Winner of 3 Photoshop Challenge Contests [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE] Best Couple (2v2) Tour Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2020, 23:58 »
have they patched reforged yet,is it any good btw
i played teve twilight and I had fun honestly (it had new graphics which were cool). But didnt play anything else because most of custom maps didnt have the new graphics (especially those with custom models)

you know the rest actually no need to talk about it :d I honestly was expecting some editors to implement map for reforged but idk I didnt even re-check. People were still updating some custom maps for retail but i think no for reforged :d

SO, IF YOU WILL BE IN THIS STATE EVER, GO AND FIGHT IT, LOL