Author Topic: About DotA 6.88  (Read 4649 times)

Offline Happy..

• Leader of the notorious Dota7 lobbying group
  • Pro Member
  • Server Account: Fairy.
    PSR: Loading
    Games: Loading
    Wins/Loses: Loading/Loading
    Hero K/D/A: Loading
    Creep K/D/N: Loading
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards DotA 5v5 Tournament Winner [EPIC] LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] VIP Member [EPIC] 5v5 Xmas Tournament Winner [EPIC] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] LA Ladder #4-10 [LEGENDARY] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: About DotA 6.88
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2018, 13:06 »
Do not remove the cam "hack". It's available to all of the players, all of us have gotten pretty used to it over the years we've been stuck with 6.85 map here.

It's gonna cause a lot of discomfort amongst players because literally everyone has gotten used to it.

Offline Happy..

• Pro Member
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards DotA 5v5 Tournament Winner [EPIC] LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] VIP Member [EPIC] 5v5 Xmas Tournament Winner [EPIC] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] LA Ladder #4-10 [LEGENDARY] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2018, 13:15 »
+ all of us who are using high resolution and bigger inch monitors nowadays, normal cam just look awful, the hero image literally takes 1/3 of my entire screen.

guest49825

« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2018, 13:15 »
Do not remove the cam "hack". It's available to all of the players, all of us have gotten pretty used to it over the years we've been stuck with 6.85 map here.

It's gonna cause a lot of discomfort amongst players because literally everyone has gotten used to it.

So, if this map would have another kind of hack, let's say - MapHack
And we would stuck on this map for few years
Then some deer could come and say 'heyy, this is the time get out of this trash, i can disable it'
Would we keep the hack just because of some retards got used to it?

I do not tolerate such kids which are loving to simplify everything.
'Wow, a hack! I`ll be better because of it (not because of myself)'

If you will say "hey, this is a game, we should get fun of it, not tryhard", i`ll answer:
This is competitive game, we even have some dumb ladder

The discomfort in such case is just caused by stupidity and laziness.

---

Btw, my 2nd idea was to add new 'technical mode',
like -ap[xx] (something)
which adds camhack disabler for particular game

But idk. I think its still better to get rid of this sugar

Offline Happy..

• Pro Member
    Show/hide more stats
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2018, 13:23 »
You are not capable of having an argument without insulting someone. I do not use the cam mode to gain an advantage over someone. That alone contradicts with you calling it a "hack". I use it because of the widescreen and high-resolution monitor where a hero image takes 1/3 of the entire screen.  The horde of 5 creeps takes another third. 

It's awful to look at. Why take away something that can make this shitty graphic more enjoyable?

Offline luke

• ~evil~
  • Contributor
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Server Account: FatAndViolent
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Warlock Tour Winner [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Hacks staff member [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] Best B&U mod of the month 3 times in a row [EPIC] 3rd Place Admins Cup [EPIC] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • My channel
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2018, 13:25 »
Could you take effort and post a screenshot of how it looks with and without -cam?

guest49825

« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2018, 13:35 »
You are not capable of having an argument without insulting someone. I do not use the cam mode to gain an advantage over someone. That alone contradicts with you calling it a "hack". I use it because of the widescreen and high-resolution monitor where a hero image takes 1/3 of the entire screen.  The horde of 5 creeps takes another third. 

It's awful to look at. Why take away something that can make this shitty graphic more enjoyable?

I argumented the "why do i consider is as a hack" statement it in the first page of this thread.

I flame everyone here, just because i can, you can set up a filter to replace fool words to good ones, - the sense will stay same. I can type, like, fuck your mother, for example. I can just spam it every single post, i`ll get 10days ban again, it does not matter. It does not make me uncapable to make an argument. I`m just not repeating things here, - once i argumented the point, shortly. It is still not countered well.

And yes, the screenshot would be helpful.

And i noted the screen resolution problem already in the first fucking page of this thread btw. You just do not read things before posting.

Offline Happy..

• Pro Member
    Show/hide more stats
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2018, 13:42 »
I'll post a screenshot tomorrow morning.

Btw, creating a poll here is pretty much useless and you know it.

Offline begin

• Awards 1v1 ARSHOM [RARE] Admiral Tournament Winner [RARE] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] LA Ladder #3 [LEGENDARY] Best Couple (2v2) Tour Winner [RARE] Invoker 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] 1v1 Earthshaker Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2018, 13:49 »
I'm not using it and don't want others to use it (because it's not fair) ?
What is unfair about it when you can type 9 symbols and have it suitable your way?

This thread and poll is useless and you people are dumb as fuck whining about this instead of using it too, let's just disable health bars too because it is unfair :(

guest49825

« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2018, 13:53 »
Ok so, many platforms were banning for camhack years ago.
But now it suddenly became fine and legit?

begin, you are weak at arguing
Try again or do not even post

It was illegal all the time, but you are defending it like np
The only one reason i can understand is widescreen problems, currently, because it is obvious.
But what is your particular point?

Offline begin

• Awards 1v1 ARSHOM [RARE] Admiral Tournament Winner [RARE] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] LA Ladder #3 [LEGENDARY] Best Couple (2v2) Tour Winner [RARE] Invoker 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] 1v1 Earthshaker Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2018, 14:02 »
What is unfair about it?

Also stop pretending you're this dumb, it isn't funny no more.

guest49825

« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2018, 14:08 »
What is unfair about it?

Also stop pretending you're this dumb, it isn't funny no more.

It always was a 3-rd party tool, which provides advantages
Same as MapHack, same as HotKeys, - the game itself had no such things (well, there was customkeys.txt, but people were not using it most of the time)
I played on dotalicious and some private shit in garena (while it was decent) - people were receiving bans for camhacks same as for maphacks and hotkey tools

I see no difference between 3-rd party hotkeys, camhack and maphack - same shit with advantages. While one downloads and uses it, another one plays entire life using his own potential, not programmed one.

Basically,
MapHack - one installs it and has vision of everything, while another one does not = unfair case
CamHack - one installs it and has camera higher than normal, while another one has not = unfair case
HotKeys - one installs it and has advantage at faster, more comfortable skills/combos/items usage, while another one has not = unfair case

Provide me a good difference between these, in case you are able to.

Offline begin

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2018, 14:42 »
Are you suggesting we should ban warkeys and click with mouse on items/spells because warkeys aren't inbuilt in old dota resulting in noob-like games? I would rather autoattack prior to doing that.

So again, what is unfair about camera adjustment when everyone can ''install'' , as u'd call it, it ingame making the game more playable and less noob-like.

As for map hack, having vision over the whole map denying basics of warding/dewarding and the whole gameplay itself, is completely another thing.

guest49825

« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2018, 14:49 »
Are you suggesting we should ban warkeys and click with mouse on items/spells because warkeys aren't inbuilt in old dota resulting in noob-like games? I would rather autoattack prior to doing that.
Warcraft3 has own hotkeys - NumPad for inventory, ctrl+[num] for unitgroups, hotkeys for spells. Even customkeys.txt if it is really needed (never used it, tho)

So again, what is unfair about camera adjustment when everyone can ''install'' , as u'd call it, it ingame making the game more playable and less noob-like.
How exactly does it make the game more playable and less noob-like?
Why do you use quotes on the "install" word? It was 3rd party installable tool before map got built-int one.

As for map hack, having vision over the whole map denying basics of warding/dewarding and the whole gameplay itself, is completely another thing.
Still the point of providing advantage over another players is same.
More or less, it provides advantage, - same as camhack, hotkeys.
I find it stupid to compare advantages which are provided by hacks.
They are still hacks, no matter how much it differs from another hack advantages.

Offline luke

• ~evil~
  • Contributor
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Server Account: FatAndViolent
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Warlock Tour Winner [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Hacks staff member [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] Best B&U mod of the month 3 times in a row [EPIC] 3rd Place Admins Cup [EPIC] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • My channel
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2018, 14:56 »
About hotkeys:

Since warcraft 3 has an inbuilt function to change them, using special tools for the same purpose doesn't seem unfair to me. Some people prefer to use dota standard hotkeys, some qwer or any other. Even dota 2 has 2 sets of hotkeys: legacy and qwer

About camhack:

Since it is a feature inbuilt in the map which every can use (or not use), i don't see it as a "hack" in the bad sense. Besides, in my opinion, when someone is playing on a huge monitor, then those who play on a smaller one have an advantage over him with the default cam range (it was designed for small monitors in the first place). So, regardless of having or not having camhack, some people will have advantage over others due to their monitor size (so do people with better PCs, mice etc)

About maphack:

It clearly gives a lot more advantage than the other "hacks". It also is forbidden on our platform which isn't the case for the other 2
« Last Edit: July 27, 2018, 14:59 by kja12 »

Offline Akuma

• HolyShit Member
  • Awards Making 50 bets in Footbal Betting [COMMON] Winner of 1 Photoshop Challenge Contest [COMMON] Jungle Race Tour Winner [RARE] Winner of 5 Uther Party Tours Castle Fight Winner [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2018, 14:59 »
DotA as a game evaluated very much, many things that were allowed are not allowed anymore, take item sharing for example, in some older versions it was perfectly legal to give item to your Ally. Many leagues banned such thing and later it got coded as well.

As for hotkeys, many leagues allowed it and even created their own hotkeys like garena had, even on normal w3 (before DotA) using hotkeys was allowed.
I'll also add that some keyboards don't have numpad (like many laptops) so such players would be at disadvantage since very start.

As for cam distance, I didn't use it until I played cf and everything was fine with me, I won't mind not using it either, you just get used to it. Although I believe, dracolich map is slightly zoomed in by default settings, compared to previous icefrog maps.
I don't mind having this removed, as I said, you just adjust to it.

Maphack can't be compared to any of the above, it was banned everytime, everywhere.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2018, 15:04 by Akuma »
I was confused with this, and it was not only once, but it happens from time to time to /w wrong bot. If it was changed to la-custom or custom-la everyone would understand why is like that. But like this you must to read on forum to understand, even if you don't understand..