Poll

Do you want the insulting/flaming rule to be deleted?

Yes
6 (35.3%)
No
11 (64.7%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Voting closed: May 29, 2017, 20:03

Author Topic: Change ban rules  (Read 10083 times)

Offline Corristo

• Advanced Member
  • Topic Author
  • Awards LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Change ban rules
« on: May 15, 2017, 19:08 »
If you don't want to loose 80% of the players, I suggest to not ban anyone anymore for insults, flamings etc. Any player can use !ignore and /dnd commands. All further explications are in vain. If you can't take some insults, it means you are a pussy.

Quote: ''  How does it feel, to be soo weak, that mere words can hurt you? "

Any admin who reads this, take this advice serious as fuck :D

Offline luke

• ~evil~
  • Contributor
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Server Account: FatAndViolent
    PSR: Loading
    Games: Loading
    Wins/Loses: Loading/Loading
    Hero K/D/A: Loading
    Creep K/D/N: Loading
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Warlock Tour Winner [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Hacks staff member [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] Best B&U mod of the month 3 times in a row [EPIC] 3rd Place Admins Cup [EPIC] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • My channel
    • Awards
Re: Change ban rules
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2017, 19:22 »
Would you like to see people flaming all the time, anywhere?

Offline jeandarc

• Administrator
  • HolyShit Member
  • Server Account: jeandarc
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Lagabuse Legend Winner of 1 Challenge of the Week [COMMON] Winning 3 seasons of Football Betting [EPIC] GFX Tournament Participant [COMMON] Making 50 bets in Footbal Betting [COMMON] GFX staff member [RARE] Winner of 1 Signature of the Week Contest [COMMON] LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC] 1v1 Earthshaker Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Queen of Pain Tour Winner [RARE] Winner of 5 ShadowRaze Tours [LEGENDARY] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] Pudge 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Invoker Wars Tournament [RARE] 1v1 AR Tour Winner [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2017, 19:27 »
i completely agree with corristo

Offline Sejanus

• Pro Member
  • Awards Patreon Supporter [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2017, 19:58 »
Corristo, but its already this way, check ban requests, no1 really ever gets ban for basic flame, I flame all the time.

The difference is they have no taste, are 12yo and and offend player's family, not the player.
So bans are the only way:)

I recommend actually learning some proper flame.

Offline Corristo

• Advanced Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2017, 20:00 »
kja:  They are flaming anyway. What's the difference please tell me? most players play on more accounts, so banning one won't make a difference. Try focusing to ban game ruiners, map hackers, and those kind of shitty players. Insulting comes with any online game. As I said, use Ignore and /dnd commands.

I'm tired of waiting 10-15 minutes for a game to start...you kill the server yourself with this rule.

Sejanus: Yes, but after the first insult you can ignore anyobody. As I saw in ban requests, this insulting is a cheap excuse to get sby banned.

Offline Corristo

• Advanced Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2017, 20:04 »
I've added a poll. Anyone can vote about this. Just to se what other players think in majority.

Offline Renovatio

• Retired Moderator
  • HolyShit Member
  • Server Account: -Renovatio.
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards 2nd place on GFX Ladder 2015 [UNIQUE] B&U staff member [RARE] Winner of 3 Challenges of the Week [RARE] Winner of 10 Signature of the Week Contest [LEGENDARY] GFX Tournament Winner [UNIQUE] Forum staff member [RARE] 1st place on GFX Ladder 2018 [UNIQUE] Winner of 10 Photo Manipulation Contest [LEGENDARY] Making 50 bets in Footbal Betting [COMMON] Violinist - Music Quiz #1 [EPIC] 1st place on GFX Ladder 2017 [UNIQUE] Winner of 15 Photoshop Challenge Contests [LEGENDARY] Tournaments Contribution [RARE] Jungle Race Tour Winner [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] 1st place on GFX Ladder 2016 [UNIQUE] GFX staff member [RARE] 2nd place in Special Event #2 [UNIQUE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2017, 22:01 »
If you don't want to loose 80% of the players, I suggest to not ban anyone anymore for insults, flamings etc. Any player can use !ignore and /dnd commands. All further explications are in vain. If you can't take some insults, it means you are a pussy.

Quote: ''  How does it feel, to be soo weak, that mere words can hurt you? "

Any admin who reads this, take this advice serious as fuck :D

Common insults are not bannable. National/religion intolerance banning is a MUST. So, your idea should be focused on family flames. Are you sure we are losing so many players because they are banned for flames? How about all the other places where you cant flame? If a coffee shop is allowing their clients to smoke and another one is not then the 1st one will get mostly smokers and the 2nd one mostly non-smokers. Other example: if you choose to make your backyard a public dump then all the people around you will drop their garbage there. Get my point? You are asking the staff to show more tolerance to users low-educated and/or with behavior problems (mostly personality disorders with impulsivity as main effect). If this place will lower its level to that kind of audience then that kind of audience will get. It is true that most of our users are flamers but there is also a minority of mature players that makes our games, in particulary, and this server, in generally, enjoyable. Having 5 games in a row getting flamed can be compensated after finally playing 1 with guys that know how to have fun. Any lost game can be fun with some team armony (jokes, funny/interesting gameplay, teamplay, good communication; all, treads of maturity) while any win can bring no joy if you got frustrated, angry, disturbed etc while playing it. Imagine how it would be playing with frustrated kids that are flaming in every game, all long game, having to use !ignore and /dnd to the point that becomes a regular setup as -hhn, -cam x, etc It is better to lose some of the flamers than to lose those few mature players that we have.

About being a pussy for not taking insults. I think we can all take some insults but no matter how calm a person can be it can still annoy him/her or making someone to feel uncomfortable while playing. Is not about being a pussy; flamers will flame back (making from chat their verbal battleground forcing others to take sides or ignore them) and users wilth common sense will not enjoy playing because, if they dont regulary use that kind of language, then will affect them in a different way, killing their mood.

One more argument: allowing flaming will (ofc) increase the flames in games, resulting in a lot of !ignore and /dnd. Imagine DotA without chat, a team-game without team-communication.

Anyway, I am glad to see that people still care about this place, coming with ideas to keep it alive; even if your idea may be a bad one (from, at least, my point of view). Dont get me wrong, I am not arguing with you. You asked feedback so I made some time and gave you mine.  :)
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 22:09 by Renovatio »
Join GFX Competitions. Awards, titles, acces to private forum areas and more are given. Is fun.

Offline _xpam_

• Awards Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Tour Pro Member [EPIC] Tours staff member [RARE] 1v1 AR Tour Winner [RARE] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2017, 22:31 »
lol u guys had diffarent tolarance  gipsy was not bannable but when i used i got ban
if gipsy bannable then why shit tr fucking tr or kebap not bannable ?
and i also did common insult and i get ban again by iernesto
and when some kid provoking us   at least we get warn  thats why ?
some kido provoed me and i did insult family flame but i got ban 5 days jesus christ with 2600 games and clear acc
P.s u can see a lot of idiot brainless uselss nab in everygame so i am caling them idiot he said your mom is idiot and fight starting bu xpam getting ban
jean occ
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 22:36 by _xpam_ »

Offline Hamza

• Retired Moderator
  • WickedSick Member
  • Awards 3rd place on GFX Ladder 2018 [UNIQUE] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] Winner of 3 Signature of the Week Contest [RARE] Archer Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] The Weakest Link Tour Winner [RARE] Winner of 1 Photo Manipulation Contest [COMMON] Jungle Race Tour Winner [RARE] Winner of 3 Photoshop Challenge Contests [RARE] Best Tours mod of the month 5 times in a row [LEGENDARY] Winner of 5 Pudge Wars Tours [LEGENDARY] GodLike Tournament Member [LEGENDARY] Tours staff member [RARE] GFX staff member [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2017, 22:37 »
Common insults are not bannable.
It is bannable as well.
Jimmy retiring from being admin is the only good thing happened with v7.
That guy was a lunatic abuser with skizofrenia. banning players left and right for no fucking reason. Thx God he is gone and won't abuse players anymore.

Offline _xpam_

• Awards Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Tour Pro Member [EPIC] Tours staff member [RARE] 1v1 AR Tour Winner [RARE] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2017, 22:44 »
It is bannable as well.
I thought this will be drama thread but then I reminded myself that this place is dead  :D

Offline Renovatio

• Retired Moderator
  • HolyShit Member
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards 2nd place on GFX Ladder 2015 [UNIQUE] B&U staff member [RARE] Winner of 3 Challenges of the Week [RARE] Winner of 10 Signature of the Week Contest [LEGENDARY] GFX Tournament Winner [UNIQUE] Forum staff member [RARE] 1st place on GFX Ladder 2018 [UNIQUE] Winner of 10 Photo Manipulation Contest [LEGENDARY] Making 50 bets in Footbal Betting [COMMON] Violinist - Music Quiz #1 [EPIC] 1st place on GFX Ladder 2017 [UNIQUE] Winner of 15 Photoshop Challenge Contests [LEGENDARY] Tournaments Contribution [RARE] Jungle Race Tour Winner [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] 1st place on GFX Ladder 2016 [UNIQUE] GFX staff member [RARE] 2nd place in Special Event #2 [UNIQUE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2017, 22:48 »
It is bannable as well.

It seems the rules were updated. I was offline for some time and didnt saw till now.

a) Common flames
          - Retard, idiot, b*tch, motherf*cker and similar expressions are considered as common flames.
          - Excessive usage of common flames in one game may lead to a ban.

I guess only the excessive usage is bannable and I'm pretty sure that the sanctions will not be harsh. I dont think the B&U mods will ban someone for using "moron", "tard", "motherfucker", etc a few times in a game. Usually, the ones that are insulting excessively are also combining their insults with family flames. I rlly dont think that will be to many bans for just excessive usage of common flames. 

@Horizon - you copy-pasted that sentece from someone or you found a better online translator  ;D ;D :P I rarely understand you from reading your replies just once, like now xD
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 22:51 by Renovatio »
Join GFX Competitions. Awards, titles, acces to private forum areas and more are given. Is fun.

Offline Corristo

• Advanced Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2017, 22:52 »
Xpam is right about that part.the admins are making absolutely not fair decisions when it comes to insults.some cases they deny becouse "its not enough" and others cases they ban for almost nothing.
Then if the reported person is same nationality as the respective admin its almist 0 chance for ban.same happens versa.

It happened to me and i reported that admin to higher staff but you guys are protecting your staff members. And this is more annoying then some flames...

Offline _xpam_

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2017, 22:56 »
i remember very well bro. when i was mod or part of stf a lot guys hated me about my decision but they should lick my balls xD i was best here legendery i tried to give  warn all the time now ( not offonsive for ban unban sec love them ) they are giving so wild ban
can you translate it pls reno what does it mean mother fucker ?  if i know true with my poor ing it is not fuck your mother but xpam demoted for that and this guy provoked xpam lel  but i did not mute him cause no accses u guys won the my hate xD

Offline Renovatio

• Retired Moderator
  • HolyShit Member
    Show/hide more stats
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2017, 23:00 »
Xpam is right about that part.the admins are making absolutely not fair decisions when it comes to insults.some cases they deny becouse "its not enough" and others cases they ban for almost nothing.
Then if the reported person is same nationality as the respective admin its almist 0 chance for ban.same happens versa.

It happened to me and i reported that admin to higher staff but you guys are protecting your staff members. And this is more annoying then some flames...

Ask Xpam if we are protecting our mods.
Giving sanctions is not a simple step-by-step process. There are a lot of variables involved in taking that decisions and I'm sure that the user's nationality isnt one of them. 2 players can get different sanctions for the same flame, for example. Maybe one of them was provoked, maybe one has an older account with big amount of games, maybe has lower warn level or no warns at all, maybe has permanently banned accounts or many accounts warned, etc If you consider that a mod isnt doing its job properly then you should always report it to the Head mods. If that moderator abused or just failed at his job then trust me that the administration will take measures in order to prevent happening again. Trust me, the training is not easy as you think it is. It may look simple giving sanctions but is way more complicated than you think. Almost every ban request is unique.

Offline Renovatio

• Retired Moderator
  • HolyShit Member
    Show/hide more stats
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2017, 23:05 »
i remember very well bro. when i was mod or part of stf a lot guys hated me about my decision but they should lick my balls xD i was best here legendery i tried to give  warn all the time now ( not offonsive for ban unban sec love them ) they are giving so wild ban
can you translate it pls reno what does it mean mother fucker ?  if i know true with my poor ing it is not fuck your mother but xpam demoted for that and this guy provoked xpam lel  but i did not mute him cause no accses u guys won the my hate xD

Dont bullshit me xD You werent demoted for that. "motherfucker" is a common expression and is not bannable because it does not specify someone's mother. Also, that expression can (and usually does) equivalate with "badass", which is used as a compliment.