Author Topic: Improve rules for god sake  (Read 2210 times)

Offline PasFlokica

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Improve rules for god sake
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2017, 01:01 »
First i have to say there are many great people on this server, but there are plenty of bugs. This game, my best game of life for sure, is totaly teamplay and enjoyable gift from God. I would change many rules, but its not my job to say how, cuz some of them reading this knows what am talking about. But seriously watch this rules:
Shared control abuse 3-5 days ban...mby insta lock acc. Also talkinga bout words "idiot", retard and similar should be bannable. Many of them until this community has nice atmoshere and energy.
Respect and teamplay makes society-DotA.

Offline luke

• ~evil~
  • Contributor
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Server Account: FatAndViolent
    PSR: Loading
    Games: Loading
    Wins/Loses: Loading/Loading
    Hero K/D/A: Loading
    Creep K/D/N: Loading
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Warlock Tour Winner [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Hacks staff member [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] Best B&U mod of the month 3 times in a row [EPIC] 3rd Place Admins Cup [EPIC] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • My channel
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2017, 01:07 »
First i have to say there are many great people on this server, but there are plenty of bugs. This game, my best game of life for sure, is totaly teamplay and enjoyable gift from God. I would change many rules, but its not my job to say how, cuz some of them reading this knows what am talking about. But seriously watch this rules:
Shared control abuse 3-5 days ban...mby insta lock acc. Also talkinga bout words "idiot", retard and similar should be bannable. Many of them until this community has nice atmoshere and energy.
Respect and teamplay makes society-DotA.

The max sanction is only for massive share abusers/game ruiners. Common flames are bannable if they are used too much

Offline PasFlokica

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2017, 01:09 »
I dont share curier to someone who i dont know yet, the reason is abuse share on this server. But i very often share to players for say "pls share curier". Do you know how many times i did share in last few months? - 3 times.

Offline luke

• ~evil~
  • Contributor
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Server Account: FatAndViolent
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Warlock Tour Winner [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Hacks staff member [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] Best B&U mod of the month 3 times in a row [EPIC] 3rd Place Admins Cup [EPIC] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • My channel
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2017, 01:10 »
This is why this rule exists, so players can share their couriers without fear to everyone. For example, i always share my teammates

Offline PasFlokica

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2017, 19:13 »
I didnt ask for ban everyone who use here and there, but retarded ones should get banned and if u cant handle 10 ban req per day its lame.

Offline Astaroth

• Satan Admin
  • Honored member
  • GodLike Member
  • Blood for the Blood God!
  • Awards Forum staff member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2018, 23:41 »
Am not mad if someone dont give mid, am not noob, side is sometimes chill. But friend, just look what am talking about on PHOTO. Minute zero...."have fun and enjoy" comment by beli_samo_jako to own team...am talking about manners...and respect ofc...but tell me why is this happening...
If you are indeed as experienced as you claim you are, you must know how people behave on the internet.
Then I do not understand your disenchantment, so to speak.

In other words, people trash talk and people provoke.

You may ask for respect, yet respect is to be earned. The best way would be beating such a player in a mannered way.
Of course, he will continue his trashtalk, even when beaten 10 times in a row. Yet you may get some respect or recognition from others.

As respect and politeness are things that are not simply handed from one to another, we can not enforce such a thing by the rules.

Signature by Rocka

Offline Renovatio

• Retired Moderator
  • HolyShit Member
  • Server Account: -Renovatio.
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards 2nd place on GFX Ladder 2015 [UNIQUE] B&U staff member [RARE] Winner of 3 Challenges of the Week [RARE] Winner of 10 Signature of the Week Contest [LEGENDARY] GFX Tournament Winner [UNIQUE] Forum staff member [RARE] 1st place on GFX Ladder 2018 [UNIQUE] Winner of 10 Photo Manipulation Contest [LEGENDARY] Making 50 bets in Footbal Betting [COMMON] Violinist - Music Quiz #1 [EPIC] 1st place on GFX Ladder 2017 [UNIQUE] Winner of 15 Photoshop Challenge Contests [LEGENDARY] Tournaments Contribution [RARE] Jungle Race Tour Winner [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] 1st place on GFX Ladder 2016 [UNIQUE] GFX staff member [RARE] 2nd place in Special Event #2 [UNIQUE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2018, 11:18 »
I didnt ask for ban everyone who use here and there, but retarded ones should get banned and if u cant handle 10 ban req per day its lame.

Trust me, you dont know what you are talking about... With common insults being bannable, among other things, we will have 50 req (at least) per day. You may think" "So what? Solve them." but being mod here is not a paid job, the standards for being promoted as one are high and there arent many users left in order to recruit enough moderators. Also, a moderator is a real person, not a bot, he may have a family, job, school and cant invest hours per day for a volunteer job on a dying server without getting some compensation. They dont even get respect, not to mention money. I got my family flamed countless times for just doing my job here.

But this isnt the real problem. Have you tried playing a game in the morning? You wont get 10 people to fill a lobby. We have few users left. If we start banning every mistake and bad mannered user in 1 month you will make another topic complaining about the lack of players and then you will leave.

Go to stats page > select a random game and check its chatlog. Then tell us how many people should get banned for common insults. Play 10 games and tell me if you managed to play 1 without insults.

There are 3 options to solve the common insults problem:
1. Banning for them and mass losing players till the point there are none left.
2. Use !ignore command 'cuse no one is forcing you to read their bullshit.
3. Just dont give a fuck about what they are writing 'cuse they are strangers, they dont know you and judging you as a person from a video game perspective is nonsense.

What is the best option?

The rules system is pretty good, trust me; but you need to overthink it and to spend time inside the staff to understand why. Increasing the standards for our users is something that we all want but can we really afford to give up more users when we already lack them?

One more thing: dota communities are the most toxic ones. We do not have bad mannered users because our rules suck, we have bad mannered users because we are hosting doa games: sad but true.

I hope I was useful for you and you have a batter understanding now. Have a nice day! :)
Join GFX Competitions. Awards, titles, acces to private forum areas and more are given. Is fun.

Offline ClaraSchuman

• “Behind every successful fortune there is a crime"
  • Retired Moderator
  • MonsterKill Member
  • “Never let anyone know what you are thinking.”
  • Server Account: ClaraShuman
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards GFX Tournament Participant [COMMON] 1v1 AR Tour Winner [RARE] The Weakest Link Tour Winner [RARE] Jungle Race Tour Winner [RARE] Hungry Hungry Felhounds Tournament [RARE] Winner Winner of 1 Photo Manipulation Contest [COMMON] Winner of 3 Photoshop Challenge Contests [RARE] LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC] Tour Pro Member [EPIC] Rubick Tournament Winner Pudge 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Best Tours mod of the month [RARE] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] 1v1 Queen of Pain Tour Winner [RARE] Tours staff member [RARE] Leshrac 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] VIP Member [EPIC] Making 50 bets in Footbal Betting [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • “A man who doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man.”
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2018, 11:25 »
"I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse..
Great men are not born great, they grow great..”

“Revenge is a dish that tastes best when served cold..”

Offline Face^Guy

• Quantum Theroist
  • Honored member
  • WickedSick Member
  • Awards Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] Bell Ringer - Music Quiz #3 [COMMON] Tournaments Contribution [RARE] 1v1 Earthshaker Tournament Winner [RARE] Hacks staff member [RARE] Tours staff member [RARE] 2nd Place Admins Cup [EPIC] Techies 1v1 Tour Winner [RARE] Tiny Tournament Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2018, 13:54 »
U got enough answers, so less saying for me :)

1)
Rules doesnt have anythink to do with manner, for words like u mentioned (idiot, retard..etc..) u got answer via efko post.

2)
I would change many rules, but its not my job to say how
U must kiding, did u read it after? So u wanna change somethink, u are saying what God u are, how many places u visited and u have not prepared racional explaination what exactly is wrong and how to repair it?

Dota has a power to make people flustrated, being rude to others..U cant stop that. If u dont understand it, then u have not played enough ;) Cya