Author Topic: Rockafella's interview  (Read 9310 times)

Offline Astaroth

• Satan Admin
  • Honored member
  • GodLike Member
  • Topic Author
  • Blood for the Blood God!
  • Awards Forum staff member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Rockafella's interview
« on: October 11, 2012, 20:31 »
Here is Rockafella's interview. Feel free to ask him any other questions. Don't forget to be polite and keep in mind that Rocka may refuse to answer some questions.

Spoiler for Before the interview:
So let's do the interview?

You only have my permission to interview me if you play this song while you ask questions

Hello, Rockafella, can you introduce yourself a bit?

Well my name is Justin I turned twenty 1 month ago. I've been at partidilla for around 3+ years. I used to just play on the bots untill they changed the bots. When I started we could ban with !banlast etc now we had to report so I went on forums. Back then I was a stupid kid (like drago) untill they opened a GFX section which got my interest. At that point I had 0.0 experience in creating signatures but I enjoyed it, when I finally got my GFX Pro rank they asked me if I wanted to become GFX moderator, which I did. I took over the SOTW contests and brought up new idea's later when some people left B&U I asked MNG if I could join his crew and he promoted me so I also became B&U moderator. At some point I didn't really feel like I was doing things I liked so I talked with MUN because I wanted to quit but he asked me if there wasn't something else I wanted to try out, which I did so I became tour mod(for a short amount of time) I also didn't really enjoy that but dolmel left us so they asked me if I wanted to be GFX Admin, so that's how I got here.

That's nice introduction. What about your nick, Rockafella, what's behing it?

Well I've had several stupid nicknames. When I first created this account it was named PLN(PointLessNess) Because I created 10001293123 accounts so it was pointless to think of a good name haha. But then I realized I was spending some time at forums so I thought of something I like, so it became Rockafella.

I feel a bit sorry for GFX section, it's kinda dead. Do you have any ideas how to revieve it?

I tried everything I could, I added new competitions, I added multiple awards but people are just too lazy to join it. Everytime I get excuses like I don't have PS, or I'm noob at PS, but everybody gotta learn sometime, as I said when I joined GFX I had 0.0 experience aswell, but its just the lack of motivation since its just a dota community if people want to do competitions and get to know everything about creating signatures there are far better places than our forums, thats the sad truth. Plus I always lacked a loyal GFX Moderator who was interested in Photoshop and keeping competitions alive. I have alot of things to do so I don't feel like creating 3 competitions each week and im not even talking about participating in them.

Sure, we are DotA forum, not GFX or programming. Let's talk about DotA now. When did you start to play and how did you find this game?

Probably a bit earlier than I started at partidilla. I played vampirism fire and these tag games with a few friends. We played alot of custom games but at someday we thought what the hell lets just try this game, so we tried it. I picked nessaj and I really sucked, but we finished the game and then we were saying to each other lets just try to get to know this game. So we played it more often and eventually we started to like it, and now I'm still playing it. But only 1-2 games a week because I'm to busy, sadly IHRL is dead and SS didn't change with our playerbase so when I try to find a game there just isn't any.

Do you play any pub games?

Not anymore, since I started playing IHRL I really enjoyed dota more, you are playing almost every game with people of which you know their pros and cons and you can count on them. From that moment I never really liked pubs anymore.

I understand. So you have lot of experiences, what heroes and roles you like and what do you dislike? Btw that song you gave me is being bit annoying after 23 minutes...

Don't you dare to stop it
Well mostly I enjoy playing solo lane heroes. I really love playing heroes like Akasha, Furion, Batrider, Rubick, Windrunner but my favorite is Potm, just because you can annoy people so much with her.

PotM has annoying cz dubing so I don't play her :D  Well, you don't play pubs and IHRL and SS are dead. Do you play somewhere else or do you play DotA 2/HoN/LoL?

I tried DotA 2, but I just don't want to take the time to get to know that game. So whenever I decide to game for a bit I want to stick to dota 1. But that's max 2 hours a week.

Some private games I guess, right? I know you don't have much time but do you play any other games?

I played ragnarok online in my ''childhood'' and a friend started playing that again 2 weeks ago so I joined him, so whenever I can't find a game in SS I go play rangarok online. And that's about it haha but I guess i'll buy the new CoD black ops when it gets out and ill start that.

Pfff, 33 minutes of that Epic Sux guy. Do you listen to any other kinds of music? :D

Haha of course I do, I'm a big fan of FUN but also of Bruno Mars, The Script, Chris brown and much much more. Usually I listen to songs which are in the ''Top 40'' in The Netherlands, which goes from coldplay, to rihanna, to chris brown, usher and so on.
But my favorites are TravieMcCoy(as you probably know) and FUN

Yup, you used Travie as nick on forum. So back to forum. Who do you like most from forum, who are your best friends here and would you like to meet those ppl in real?

Well I would like to meet a lot of people. But in special there's one guy who I really thank from the start and believe it or not, it's MNG. I was an annoying kid when I first came at forums, I spammed and such but when I tried to apply for b&u I never got in. MNG supported me all the way and he told me not to give up and just continue, so without him I wouldn't even be here, I would gave up after the second time I tried to become b&u mod, but here I am now, as head of the GFX section thanks to him and of course dolmel.
But anyway the people I would like to meet would be dolmel for being such a great guy but also Angel, MUN and Cresty for being able to talk to them when I needed it.
But recently the people I would like to meet the most are Night^^Stalker and quon because I think we created something very nice with IHRL as long as it lasted.
And let's not forget Bart because I actually think we are much alike, bart likes doing crazy shit and I'm also that type of guy, we are more like what the heck, we don't care what people think of it as long as we can make other laugh and laugh with them. Even if that means dressing up like a clown or hooker, haha.

I remember when I played pub against you, you played Rubick, I was Naix. You were kicking ass but the game was funny as hell. I think I don't have any other questions but other forum member may have some so brace yourself, stupid questions are comming ;D
Before I let you go I have 1 last question: Is there anything you wanna say but I didn't ask?

I would've won that game if I didnt have retarded teammates :D ?
Nah not much I guess, let's see what people want to know and for now I only hope things will get better with our new domain, some more activity and more fun like back in the old days :)

Ok, thank you for your time and cya on forum!

No problemo

« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 20:32 by Astaroth »

Signature by Rocka

Offline jeandarc

• Administrator
  • HolyShit Member
  • Server Account: jeandarc
    PSR: Loading
    Games: Loading
    Wins/Loses: Loading/Loading
    Hero K/D/A: Loading
    Creep K/D/N: Loading
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Lagabuse Legend Winner of 1 Challenge of the Week [COMMON] Winning 3 seasons of Football Betting [EPIC] GFX Tournament Participant [COMMON] Making 50 bets in Footbal Betting [COMMON] GFX staff member [RARE] Winner of 1 Signature of the Week Contest [COMMON] LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC] 1v1 Earthshaker Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Queen of Pain Tour Winner [RARE] Winner of 5 ShadowRaze Tours [LEGENDARY] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] Pudge 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Invoker Wars Tournament [RARE] 1v1 AR Tour Winner [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Rockafella's interview
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2012, 20:41 »
wtf asta, wtf should i ask him now

oh wait a sec,

PICTURE OR GTFO

Offline mrNiceguy

• Honored member
  • GodLike Member
  • Guess who's back :D
    • View Profile
    • When injustice becomes a LAW, resistance becomes a duty
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2012, 20:54 »
One of the couple guys that I respect here, he was always the same from the first day and never changed.

Here is couple of questions:

1. What s your opinion who was the best b&u mod till now?

2. Did Resor deserved promotion in b&u admin? (before you answer check his amount o posts and check his amount of solved requests)

3. Do you think that ger.star rly making his signatures?

4. How much by your opinion LA will last?

5. When will you come in Bosnia and Herzegovina since u want to meet me :D?
Spoiler for Hiden:
We go to partyyyyyyy.
when we were fighting againt the biggest power hunger i ever met, MrNiceGuy. Now i see him in you, no, you became way worse than him. He at least had some heart, he cared about ppl who were with him all the time.

Offline shpura

• Earth Spirit user
  • Retired Moderator
  • WickedSick Member
  • Awards Hacks staff member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2012, 20:56 »
I just wanted to thank you rocka. You were kind of the only guy who helped me regarding IHRL. You vouched me, you gave me suggestions and answered all of my questions. So thank you, you're a great guy.

Offline End

• Outlander
  • Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • From above
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2012, 20:59 »
Some from me :)

1. What's your favorite TV show, your favorite musician, your favorite movie?
2. What women do you prefer? Blond, brunette etc.
3. What's your favorite alcoholic drink (if you drink alcohol) :D
4. Is there anyone on this forum that you hate?
5. Who is your best friend, here on forum?
6. What do you do for living? (if this is too personal or you don't wanna answer, np)
7. If I ever come in your town, would you meet me?
8. Who is/was your idol?

And of course, the picture :)

F    R    O    M         A    B    O    V    E

Offline Rocka

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • bewar doge
  • Awards Winner of 1 Photoshop Challenge Contest [COMMON] GFX staff member [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] IHRL Member [RARE] IHRL Champion [EPIC] IHRL Legend [LEGENDARY] 5v5 Night Cup Winner [EPIC] 2nd Place Admins Cup [EPIC] Legion TD Winner [RARE] 5v5 Xmas Tournament Winner [EPIC] Castle Fight Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2012, 21:05 »
Spoiler for Hiden:
wtf asta, wtf should i ask him now

oh wait a sec,

PICTURE OR GTFO
Ask bart xD

One of the couple guys that I respect here, he was always the same from the first day and never changed.

Here is couple of questions:

1. What s your opinion who was the best b&u mod till now?
By far you but I guess you already know that. We had our ups and downs but you were always a real hard worker and I respected you from the beginning and I don't respect alot of people to be complete honest and yeah this also means half of our current staff ;)
2. Did Resor deserved promotion in b&u admin? (before you answer check his amount o posts and check his amount of solved requests)
About this, yes I really do think he deserved the promotion actually I've been whining about it for quite some time since ek0 has other things on his mind aswell now. Resor is really loyal and has always been very loyal to this community.
3. Do you think that ger.star rly making his signatures?
I don't know, I still think it's weird his skill went for horrible to flawless within a month. And the fact that he gets in defence very quickly and gets mad is kind of a confession for me, but I don't want to argue about this.
4. How much by your opinion LA will last?
I hope much longer, I spend alot of time with Angel and ek0 on changing alot of things about the lay out and I really hope to see things change, I have alot of idea's in my mind but it's getting time I get to speak or someone listens to what I have to say.
5. When will you come in Bosnia and Herzegovina since u want to meet me :D?
Spoiler for Hiden:
We go to partyyyyyyy.
Whenever you pay my plane ticket ;D
I see trees of wow
such roses too
wow very amaze
for doge and you

20:24    THELOVEBELOW    [All]    everytime you kill es you save a unicorn
20:30    jeandarc    [Allies]    an*
20:33    jeandarc    [Allies]    learn english

Offline mrNiceguy

• Honored member
  • GodLike Member
  • Guess who's back :D
    • View Profile
    • When injustice becomes a LAW, resistance becomes a duty
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2012, 21:13 »
thx for your answers.

p.s. If I ever earn enough money to pay you a ticket I will gladly do that :D.
when we were fighting againt the biggest power hunger i ever met, MrNiceGuy. Now i see him in you, no, you became way worse than him. He at least had some heart, he cared about ppl who were with him all the time.

Offline Rocka

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • bewar doge
  • Awards Winner of 1 Photoshop Challenge Contest [COMMON] GFX staff member [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] IHRL Member [RARE] IHRL Champion [EPIC] IHRL Legend [LEGENDARY] 5v5 Night Cup Winner [EPIC] 2nd Place Admins Cup [EPIC] Legion TD Winner [RARE] 5v5 Xmas Tournament Winner [EPIC] Castle Fight Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2012, 21:18 »
Some from me :)

1. What's your favorite TV show, your favorite musician, your favorite movie?
My favorite TV show is Revenge atm, but I also love BBT, Hawaii Five-O, NCIS: LA and such shows.
My favorite musician is TravieMcCoy( ;D) and my favorite movie(s) are all parts of Pirates of the Caribbean
2. What women do you prefer? Blond, brunette etc.
I always thought I wanted a brunette with dark eyes, but then I met my girlfriend and she is a blonde with blue eyes haha
3. What's your favorite alcoholic drink (if you drink alcohol) :D
Sambuca, we learned to drink it in Lloret de Mar in Spain in a very strange way, but it was real fun haha
4. Is there anyone on this forum that you hate?
Plenty, plenty.
5. Who is your best friend, here on forum?
I'm kind of a loner xD nah I guess I was very close with people from IHRL. But I had alot of fun with players from IHRL, like nistor, bldymsscr, saintlight/knight, aco bart quon. I never really got very close with anyone his since till 3-4 months ago I Always played with 2-3 IRL friends.
6. What do you do for living? (if this is too personal or you don't wanna answer, np)
Atm I'm studying to become primary school teacher. I did another study for primary school which I already finished but I wanted something different. And to earn some money I work 20~ hours a week at IKEA restaurant.
7. If I ever come in your town, would you meet me?
Of course, you are one of those people I respect(a rare thing haha) Nah joke, yeah you're a kind guy and I would like to meet you.
8. Who is/was your idol?
My idol... In here or irl? In here it's kinda obvious I guess since I already said who I respect most of all. And if you want to know irl, it's my uncle but sadly he passed away.

And of course, the picture :)
Ask bart about the pic, it is private only bart and n^^s have it ;D
I see trees of wow
such roses too
wow very amaze
for doge and you

Offline End

• Outlander
  • Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • From above
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2012, 21:27 »
Thank you for your fast and kind answers, mate.

Few more from me :)

1. What does Fueled by Ramer under you picture means? :)
2. You got any hobbies?
3. You like football?
4. Barcelona or Real Madrid?
5. What do you wanna do in your life, work-wise? Like a dream job or something like that :D

I will certainly ask Bart about the picture :)

Thanks once again, cheers!

F    R    O    M         A    B    O    V    E

Offline Hmmm

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2012, 21:30 »
If u r gay u ll delete this post , if not u ll let it stay like a man

Do the staff know that u abused stats with me , vaikiss k___k and mantux (2-3 games where vaikiss got permaban)

And ps i m not retarded :)

Offline jeandarc

• Administrator
  • HolyShit Member
  • Server Account: jeandarc
    PSR: Loading
    Games: Loading
    Wins/Loses: Loading/Loading
    Hero K/D/A: Loading
    Creep K/D/N: Loading
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Lagabuse Legend Winner of 1 Challenge of the Week [COMMON] Winning 3 seasons of Football Betting [EPIC] GFX Tournament Participant [COMMON] Making 50 bets in Footbal Betting [COMMON] GFX staff member [RARE] Winner of 1 Signature of the Week Contest [COMMON] LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC] 1v1 Earthshaker Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Queen of Pain Tour Winner [RARE] Winner of 5 ShadowRaze Tours [LEGENDARY] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] Pudge 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Invoker Wars Tournament [RARE] 1v1 AR Tour Winner [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2012, 21:32 »
sorry if i was rude on my first post, but I was just kidding xd

1. If I remember correctly, ~2 years ago you were playing with one friend from real life (I guess), are you both playing together or? I think his nick was BlueEye or something.
2. what do you do for living?
3. your favorite food?
4. your favorite drink?
5. do you have a gf?
6. what do you think about me? (be honest xd)

see ya

Offline Rocka

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • bewar doge
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2012, 21:55 »
Thank you for your fast and kind answers, mate.

Few more from me :)
1. What does Fueled by Ramer under you picture means? :)
See who officially uploads songs from gym class heroes and FUN ;D

2. You got any hobbies?
Soccer, but in a ''cage'' thats how we call in, or indoor soccer. I like it way more than playing on grass. And actually what I study for is my hobby.
3. You like football?
^
4. Barcelona or Real Madrid?
FC Twente
5. What do you wanna do in your life, work-wise? Like a dream job or something like that :D
My dream job is being a teacher at a primary school, thats all I want to do since I enjoy every single day doing it so why would I want more ;)
I will certainly ask Bart about the picture :)

Thanks once again, cheers!
I see trees of wow
such roses too
wow very amaze
for doge and you

Offline Rocka

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • bewar doge
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2012, 21:57 »
If u r gay u ll delete this post , if not u ll let it stay like a man

Do the staff know that u abused stats with me , vaikiss k___k and mantux (2-3 games where vaikiss got permaban)

And ps i m not retarded :)
Who doesn't? I didn't know I had to be a saint to be in here. I did alot of things that are wrong. And that stat abuse what you are talking about actually was with a invalid game mode
I see trees of wow
such roses too
wow very amaze
for doge and you

Offline Bart

• Troll Producer
  • Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • L-E-G-E-N-D
  • Awards Winner of 3 Signature of the Week Contest [RARE] Winner of 3 Photo Manipulation Contest [RARE] Winner of 5 Photoshop Challenge Contests [EPIC] Warlock Tour Winner [RARE] Tours staff member [RARE] GFX staff member [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] 3v3 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] IHRL Member [RARE] IHRL Champion [EPIC] IHRL Legend [LEGENDARY] Troll Producer 5v5 Night Cup Winner [EPIC] Best Couple (2v2) Tour Winner [RARE] Castle Fight Winner [RARE] Winner of GFX Special Event #1 [UNIQUE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2012, 22:01 »
I would give you pic of rocka but ye... rocka cheater!!

http://i1172.photobucket.com/albums/r569/justinww1992/378216_352990108117635_208836865_n.jpg

he deleted it... :(((

1. What do you think killed this community most? less users at forum etc

2. Why are you still noob at dota?

3. When do you think was best time of pd/la forum "life"?

Offline Rocka

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • bewar doge
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2012, 22:03 »
sorry if i was rude on my first post, but I was just kidding xd

1. If I remember correctly, ~2 years ago you were playing with one friend from real life (I guess), are you both playing together or? I think his nick was BlueEye or something.
SkyBlue you mean? We played alot together actually all our games, but now we hardly do because we go to different schools and are busy at different times
2. what do you do for living?
Read other people's questions before you ask smth dickhead
3. your favorite food?
KFC.
4. your favorite drink?
alcoholic(AS POSTED ABOVE USE UR EYES)Sambuca, Others: Fanta
5. do you have a gf?
Read before you post stupid french uther queen
6. what do you think about me? (be honest xd)
You're a total douche. Nah I like you, I supported you from the beginning for getting into LA staff aswell. And I can laugh with you in plenty of games ;)
I see trees of wow
such roses too
wow very amaze
for doge and you