Author Topic: High PSR Balancers  (Read 2440 times)

Offline territory23

• Advanced Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
High PSR Balancers
« on: June 11, 2019, 20:15 »
Guys I want to have your opinion.

As you know game balance is made on PSR scores.

I played lots of gmes here and I came across this situation several times.

High PSR player goes mid and kill creeps. Other normal PSR mid goes to gank from 4th minute and ganks enemies 4 times in 5 mins.

After 10 mins (5 mins of free farm in mid) high PSR mid is still killing NC. No tower taken. No gank. Nothing.

Just because of this mid player team loses a game. Rax gone in 18 minutes.

You know, according to rules, non-team players are being banned.

Can we say, going mid, balancing game with high PSR and playing selfish game (when other mid rocks the world) count as no team play?

I came across this situation several times and we lose several games just because of this type of selfish or noob mid players.

It is becoming really boring.

Offline grga_man

• Pro Member
  • Server Account: Star_scream
    PSR: Loading
    Games: Loading
    Wins/Loses: Loading/Loading
    Hero K/D/A: Loading
    Creep K/D/N: Loading
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards 1v1 ARSHOM [RARE] LA Ladder #4-10 [LEGENDARY] DotA 5v5 Tournament Winner [EPIC] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] 1v1 AR Tour Winner [RARE] 5v5 Xmas Tournament Winner [EPIC] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Mirana 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: High PSR Balancers
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2019, 21:16 »

High PSR player goes mid and kill creeps. Other normal PSR mid goes to gank from 4th minute and ganks enemies 4 times in 5 mins.

After 10 mins (5 mins of free farm in mid) high PSR mid is still killing NC. No tower taken. No gank. Nothing.

Can we say, going mid, balancing game with high PSR and playing selfish game (when other mid rocks the world) count as no team play?

I came across this situation several times and we lose several games just because of this type of selfish or noob mid players.

I have thought, that you think about @begin , maybe he was undercover and he failed mid in your games,(probably you played with him several times but you didnt know) so chill its him he failed several times and i think i make conclusion here..
So typical alex.. man you need to smoke more barkó in future  :)

Offline begin

• Awards 1v1 ARSHOM [RARE] Admiral Tournament Winner [RARE] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] LA Ladder #3 [LEGENDARY] Best Couple (2v2) Tour Winner [RARE] Invoker 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] 1v1 Earthshaker Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2019, 01:34 »
relax my fan and tell me who is this imaginary alex you talking about

Offline nikolagay

• Pro Member
  • Awards Contributor [COMMON] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Best Couple (2v2) Tour Winner [RARE] Hungry Hungry Felhounds Tournament [RARE] Winner Jungle Race Tour Winner [RARE] Winner of 5 Daily Tours [COMMON] Morphling Tour Winner Award [RARE] Invoker 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Admiral Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Windrunner Tour Winner [RARE] Puck Tournament Winner Award [RARE] LA Ladder #4-10 [LEGENDARY] 1vs1 Slark tour winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE] 1v1 ARSHOM [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Nevermore Tour Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2019, 11:30 »
@territory23 I don't know you mate, but you put quite some effort into this post so I'mma respond as nice as I can.

This is pretty much a common thing, and it is also one of few main reasons why I stopped playing Dota here. I can't say all people suck, there are still players who boost LA's overall skill cap quite a lot, but the damn arrogance and ignorance of people here became way too toxic.

The only thing you can do about this is to either accept it and move on, or consider finding some other community to play on, cause I highly doubt things will change anytime soon.

Let's be real, they still let ^general^ do this exact kind of bullshit, and the dude's so God damn bad on mid I bet I'd still rip his balls off despite playing a game or two per three months. And that's quite sad considering thst the dude is still fairly active here, I'm starting to think that he's mentally challenged.

So, yea, it is as it is mate. I'd recommend playing for the sake of fun, but I'm not sure if that's even an option anymore. Try playing with @begin but make sure to piss him off first, he's quite a player when he actually gives a fuck about the game, and when he isn't stoned AF.

Offline jeandarc

• Administrator
  • HolyShit Member
  • Server Account: jeandarc
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Lagabuse Legend Winner of 1 Challenge of the Week [COMMON] Winning 3 seasons of Football Betting [EPIC] GFX Tournament Participant [COMMON] Making 50 bets in Footbal Betting [COMMON] GFX staff member [RARE] Winner of 1 Signature of the Week Contest [COMMON] LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC] 1v1 Earthshaker Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Queen of Pain Tour Winner [RARE] Winner of 5 ShadowRaze Tours [LEGENDARY] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] Pudge 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Invoker Wars Tournament [RARE] 1v1 AR Tour Winner [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2019, 12:50 »
any mid player who ganks on early game (with few very few exceptions such as getting a haste rune) is just bad at this game. Creeps are way too important on early game to just leave the mid lane and give your enemy mid player a free lane who will eventually get the mid t1 tower early and gain map dominance.
The ones who should roam/tp out of their lanes are pos 4/5, no other core shoulf leave their lane and miss out all of the gold and exp from the early game creeps. About the players being rude and whatnot, you find those in every single video game out there.

Offline Jimmy

• Honored member
  • GodLike Member
  • (Retired) LA Clan Chieftain
  • Awards Best B&U mod of the month 5 times [LEGENDARY] MVP Member [LEGENDARY] LA High Staff [EPIC] Lagabuse Legend Advisor Winner of 5 Photoshop Challenge Contests [EPIC] IHRL Member [RARE] Best Tours mod of the month 3 times in a row [EPIC] VIP Member [EPIC] Contributor [COMMON] B&U staff member [RARE] Hacks staff member [RARE] Tours staff member [RARE] Forum staff member [RARE] Best Hacks Moderator of the month [RARE] GodLike Tournament Member [LEGENDARY] Best Tours mod of the month 5 times in a row [LEGENDARY] Tournaments Contribution [RARE] DotA 5v5 Tournament Winner [EPIC] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2019, 13:07 »
Both Nikola & Jeandarc provided excelent on-point observational posts regarding the topic.
Now, Regarding the topic on-hand , @territory23   , some things you can do to improve your current situation, is to limit your Hero Pool drastically.
Pick heroes that are self-substainable and have decent exit/initiate skills.
Any form of Teamplay in a Public game is currently near impossible.

Offline Happy..

• Leader of the notorious Dota7 lobbying group
  • Pro Member
  • Server Account: Fairy.
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards DotA 5v5 Tournament Winner [EPIC] LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] VIP Member [EPIC] 5v5 Xmas Tournament Winner [EPIC] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] LA Ladder #4-10 [LEGENDARY] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2019, 14:05 »

I'm pretty sure you have little to none understanding of this game.

Midder should rotate only when there is a very high success rate of gank, usually on offlane with rune boost.

Mid role is a very complex role to play, as it carries the biggest impact. I'm not gonna get into details, so as @jeandarc simply put; outfarming the enemy midder, getting the early T1 and therefore successfully snowballing into midgame is of utmost importance.

Pointless ganks every few minutes because you shits can't hold your lanes, which is a result of your idiotic picks is what a midder should not to at all.

Offline begin

• Awards 1v1 ARSHOM [RARE] Admiral Tournament Winner [RARE] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] LA Ladder #3 [LEGENDARY] Best Couple (2v2) Tour Winner [RARE] Invoker 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] 1v1 Earthshaker Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2019, 14:11 »
Nikola you are wrong because i am never serious and yes i am always stoned. Sober I would never be able to play such a boring trash game

Offline nikolagay

• Pro Member
  • Awards Contributor [COMMON] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Best Couple (2v2) Tour Winner [RARE] Hungry Hungry Felhounds Tournament [RARE] Winner Jungle Race Tour Winner [RARE] Winner of 5 Daily Tours [COMMON] Morphling Tour Winner Award [RARE] Invoker 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Admiral Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Windrunner Tour Winner [RARE] Puck Tournament Winner Award [RARE] LA Ladder #4-10 [LEGENDARY] 1vs1 Slark tour winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE] 1v1 ARSHOM [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Nevermore Tour Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2019, 15:52 »
@jeandarc  has a solid point and I can agree with that, however, the entire topic was made due to the same pattern that happens all the time. I'll quote this real quick:

Midder should rotate only when there is a very high success rate of gank, usually on offlane with rune boost.

Mid role is a very complex role to play, as it carries the biggest impact. I'm not gonna get into details, so as @jeandarc simply put; outfarming the enemy midder, getting the early T1 and therefore successfully snowballing into midgame is of utmost importance.

Pointless ganks every few minutes because you shits can't hold your lanes, which is a result of your idiotic picks is what a midder should not to at all.

If only pubbers knew how to properly play in accordance to this, we wouldn't even have this discussion in the first place. So yea, I get the guy's frustration, he gets a dude like ^general^, a guy who spends a fuckload of time doing stupid shit on mid,  somehow manages to stay underfarmed despite people literally ignoring him half the game (from time to time), and ultimately, has at very best 15-20% impact on the game. And the main problem lies in the fact that those kind of people legit believe they're good.

I'm not saying I was among better players while I was active, but at least I knew the basics of the game. Some people don't even bother trying to play properly, not because they "don't care", or because "they're just messing around", but because they're either incompetent, or their heads went way too far up their asses. The point is, just let it go, this kind of shit can't be avoided anymore, mainly because the vast majority of good players got fed up from Dota 1 and went elsewhere.

@begin I don't know, I think you're more than initially meets the eye. Also, you were quite serious in that second 1v1 game we played, not gonna lie.

Offline jeandarc

• Administrator
  • HolyShit Member
  • Server Account: jeandarc
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Lagabuse Legend Winner of 1 Challenge of the Week [COMMON] Winning 3 seasons of Football Betting [EPIC] GFX Tournament Participant [COMMON] Making 50 bets in Footbal Betting [COMMON] GFX staff member [RARE] Winner of 1 Signature of the Week Contest [COMMON] LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC] 1v1 Earthshaker Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Queen of Pain Tour Winner [RARE] Winner of 5 ShadowRaze Tours [LEGENDARY] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] Pudge 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Invoker Wars Tournament [RARE] 1v1 AR Tour Winner [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2019, 16:20 »
i agree with everyone who agreed with me

Offline begin

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2019, 21:56 »
I need to disagree

Offline Mara

• GFX Moderator
  • Retired Moderator
  • WickedSick Member
  • @hip-hop.sk
  • Server Account: ^^succubus^^
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Dealing with multiple GFX requests [EPIC] Tournaments Contribution [RARE] Winner of 1 Photo Manipulation Contest [COMMON] GFX staff member [RARE] Winner of 3 Photoshop Challenge Contests [RARE] LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC] The Predator Tour Winner [RARE] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] Winner of 1 Challenge of the Week [COMMON] Azeroth Grand Prix Tour Winner [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] Invoker 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Making 50 bets in Footbal Betting [COMMON] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] GodLike Tournament Member [LEGENDARY] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Jungle Race Tour Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2019, 01:43 »
i agree with everyone who agreed with me
i didnt read but i agree with you.
Spoiler for Hiden:

Offline myprecious

• Pro Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2019, 03:59 »
Actually safe lane is safe lane... That's it lane for farming and pick hard core carry as mortred, morph, yuger etc... Those kind of heroes are not good at mid,bit however heroes as ember, templar, sf are classical heroes for mid, rune control, strong dps, good mobility and many more reasons, so mid is for gank also, but mostly not before lvl 6 and in early stage of the game before minut 10...

Offline myprecious

• Pro Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2019, 04:03 »
Again when some1 pick ta and he s good with last hiting, well guys on position 4 and 5 do rotation come mid and gank the shit out of that weak hp bitch with low mobility, also for monkey viper... You cant expect some1 to beat viper or ta that ez... Coz those kind of heroes got the strongest lane stage in the game... So bigger problem is mid not getting ganked... And some1 said agree 100% shit pick, for example slark+magina,sven+spectre etc.

Offline grga_man

• Pro Member
  • Server Account: Star_scream
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards 1v1 ARSHOM [RARE] LA Ladder #4-10 [LEGENDARY] DotA 5v5 Tournament Winner [EPIC] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] 1v1 AR Tour Winner [RARE] 5v5 Xmas Tournament Winner [EPIC] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Mirana 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2019, 10:43 »

Let's be real, they still let ^general^ do this exact kind of bullshit, and the dude's so God damn bad on mid I bet I'd still rip his balls off despite playing a game or two per three months. And that's quite sad considering thst the dude is still fairly active here, I'm starting to think that he's mentally challenged.

http://dota.eurobattle.net/la/forum/index.php?action=gameinfo;sa=game;gid=6206459

See @nikolagay your dear friend general had 1k ck isnt that impressive, i think you will change opinion about him xD ;)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2019, 10:48 by grga_man »