Author Topic: Who is PRO?  (Read 6044 times)

Offline ZaBici

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Who is PRO?
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2011, 22:21 »
God...
Every "pro" player that gets paid started from not getting paid, so saying that people that are not getting paid aren't pro is just being plain stupid, no seriously, insanely stupid. 2nd, it's stupid to think that pd doesn't have pro players. 3d if you lament yourself and go about "i'm mid skill" you'll always be mid skill, you can't see further, you just have to be realistic, believing in yourself is important, not that "let others tell me i'm pro"; leaders never lament nor do they expect applauds, but i guess you can't see that, noobs.
Btw i'm pro, suck me.

Offline Mechanik

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2011, 22:42 »
You have a problem like its most important thing in the world getting correct definition of pro.
Dont give a damn and go play dota instead of useless talking, lal.

Everyone has other definition of pro. As for me it means a guy that has some skills in DotA - end of story.
You have right to have your own opinion. I have right to have it in my ass. :))))
which means that u shouldnt argue and impose your opinion to others.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 22:44 by Mechanik »

God is DEAD - Nietzsche
Nietzsche is DEAD - God...

Offline HelenKeller

• Newbie Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2011, 23:41 »
The deffinition of PRO is really about getting paid for doing the certain thing.

But - why don't we call them f.e. EXPERTS then?

Offline DotaPlayer

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2011, 13:10 »
me is.

Offline Astaroth

• Satan Admin
  • Honored member
  • GodLike Member
  • Topic Author
  • Blood for the Blood God!
  • Awards Forum staff member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2011, 13:19 »
I agree - PRO is person who gets paid for the work he does. It is his PROFFESION.
But when I created this thread I wanted to know the skills etc you need to be PRO. And by this "PRO" I mean skills. PRO has different meaning when talking about playing games imo. No1 can work as pro player imo. Or do you wake up every morning and do you go to work where you play for 8 hours? You have to be beta-tester to get paid but you still will not get paid for playing, you get paid for finding bugs etc.

Signature by Rocka

Offline Baalik

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2011, 13:52 »
I agree - PRO is person who gets paid for the work he does. It is his PROFFESION.
But when I created this thread I wanted to know the skills etc you need to be PRO. And by this "PRO" I mean skills. PRO has different meaning when talking about playing games imo. No1 can work as pro player imo. Or do you wake up every morning and do you go to work where you play for 8 hours? You have to be beta-tester to get paid but you still will not get paid for playing, you get paid for finding bugs etc.
Have you ever heard about korean starcraft players?:)
They train 12 hours a day and get paid same way as sportsmen do:)

Offline Astaroth

• Satan Admin
  • Honored member
  • GodLike Member
  • Topic Author
  • Blood for the Blood God!
  • Awards Forum staff member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2011, 14:15 »
Yea, I forgot these crazy guys. I'm talking about normal people  :)

Signature by Rocka

Offline Djerfi

• Retired Moderator
  • WickedSick Member
  • Awards Forum staff member [RARE] Path of the King Tour 2. Place Award [EPIC]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2011, 21:00 »
"Who is PRO?" you ask... Watch replays on GosuGamers and you'll find out.
Last hit, map awareness, teamplay and experience. Nothing else.

Offline MilujPrirodu

• Advanced Member
  • Miluj Prirodu
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2011, 23:39 »
i would look to make my life good not to become pro in some dota game... dota isn't real i just one game like all others so i dont give a sh** about i em pro or not.better be pro in football ^^

Offline Issues

• Pro Member
  • Nothing is important to say .
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: May 19, 2011, 05:43 »
nothing called professional ,, or something like that maybe player play good but dotA is team game so nothing is pro ,, '' real pro in shows in team work '' nothing else

Offline joyjoy

• Movie Nerd
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Enjoyjoy your life
  • Awards Winner of 1 Signature of the Week Contest [COMMON] Winner of 1 Photoshop Challenge Contest [COMMON] GFX staff member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • AE arts by joyjoy
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2011, 00:26 »
Yea, I forgot these crazy guys. I'm talking about normal people  :)
yeah normal only asian ppl like koreans chinese or japanise are freaks enough to pay for gaming ;D
if there are europian pro players they play w/o money funds but play on tournaments with prices but they normally study or work ;)