Author Topic: Betting game suggestions/any questions about betting  (Read 12378 times)

Offline tehnika8x8

• techies respawn
  • V.I.P Affairs
  • WickedSick Member
  • Awards LA High Staff [EPIC] Winner of 1 Signature of the Week Contest [COMMON] Winning 5 seasons of Football Betting [LEGENDARY] Forum staff member [RARE] LA staff - Moderator Winner of 1 Photoshop Challenge Contest [COMMON] GFX Tournament Participant [COMMON] Contributor [COMMON] Winner of 3 Challenges of the Week [RARE] VIP Member [EPIC] Highest number of credits won with a betting ticket [UNIQUE] Making 50 bets in Footbal Betting [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Betting game suggestions/improvement topic
« Reply #45 on: October 05, 2018, 14:51 »
Do what you want and how you want. You know best what it can and what can not do. Give awards whatever you think is the most appropriate.

Offline Renovatio

• Retired Moderator
  • HolyShit Member
  • Server Account: -Renovatio.
    PSR: Loading
    Games: Loading
    Wins/Loses: Loading/Loading
    Hero K/D/A: Loading
    Creep K/D/N: Loading
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards 2nd place on GFX Ladder 2015 [UNIQUE] B&U staff member [RARE] Winner of 3 Challenges of the Week [RARE] Winner of 10 Signature of the Week Contest [LEGENDARY] GFX Tournament Winner [UNIQUE] Forum staff member [RARE] 1st place on GFX Ladder 2018 [UNIQUE] Winner of 10 Photo Manipulation Contest [LEGENDARY] Making 50 bets in Footbal Betting [COMMON] Violinist - Music Quiz #1 [EPIC] 1st place on GFX Ladder 2017 [UNIQUE] Winner of 15 Photoshop Challenge Contests [LEGENDARY] Tournaments Contribution [RARE] Jungle Race Tour Winner [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] 1st place on GFX Ladder 2016 [UNIQUE] GFX staff member [RARE] 2nd place in Special Event #2 [UNIQUE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: October 06, 2018, 19:50 »
Do what you want and how you want. You know best what it can and what can not do. Give awards whatever you think is the most appropriate.

You are this board's/game's moderator. You decide what awards you want. I'm afraid I have to limit their numbers but this will be my only condition and will be temporary. If you get more participants I will provide you more awards. About awards being war3 related: I told you, we can make an exception. The problem with the icon you want me to make silver, bronze and gold awards from it is that I dont think I can do it in these colors and may look bad (meaning you and your participants will not like it). I didnt had time to searc icons today. I just got home a bit earlier and I'm tired. Will search them tomorrow. If you have something in mind or you want to search for some icon/picture to make icon just let me know. The goal is to make something that will look good for participants.

TODO:
-Award for 1 win (I guess will remain current icon)
-Award for 3 consecutive wins (Color?)
-Award for 5 consecutive wins (Color?)
-Award for more than 5 consecutive wins will be made if someone beats this record
-You said you want for participations and credit. Choose one of them and tell me how you want it to look (or provide icon/picture)
Join GFX Competitions. Awards, titles, acces to private forum areas and more are given. Is fun.

Offline tehnika8x8

• techies respawn
  • V.I.P Affairs
  • WickedSick Member
  • Awards LA High Staff [EPIC] Winner of 1 Signature of the Week Contest [COMMON] Winning 5 seasons of Football Betting [LEGENDARY] Forum staff member [RARE] LA staff - Moderator Winner of 1 Photoshop Challenge Contest [COMMON] GFX Tournament Participant [COMMON] Contributor [COMMON] Winner of 3 Challenges of the Week [RARE] VIP Member [EPIC] Highest number of credits won with a betting ticket [UNIQUE] Making 50 bets in Footbal Betting [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: October 07, 2018, 12:06 »
TODO:
-Award for 1 win (I guess will remain current icon)
-Award for 3 consecutive wins (Color?)
-Award for 5 consecutive wins (Color?)
-Award for more than 5 consecutive wins will be made if someone beats this record
-You said you want for participations and credit. Choose one of them and tell me how you want it to look (or provide icon/picture)
I do not think it should be limited to five in a row, already set some goal. I know that the task is difficult but in life it should have some purpose(the goal), but how you want. You know better than me what's good for here.
Since it will not be easy to win these awards for this reason I have proposed rewards for the best participants in Football betting game and for the best won credits.
As far as credit award I thought they were awarded when someone won for example 5000+ credits in one bet then a award of 10000+ credits and 50000+ credits for example. I'm still not sure how many credits they would score for which one award, but they would agree. And for these awards I would like to be from w3, because this is such a platform. Especially for won credits I liked Alchemist the third spell icon. I think its original. Tnx @King Arthas for a good idea and your icons are not bad @Renovatio
In any case, I repeat, you know best what is good and what not for here.

Here are some icons that I found, maybe they some will suit:
Spoiler for Hiden:
1. set

2. proposal

3. proposal

4. proposal

5. proposal

6. proposal

7. proposal

8. special proposal

Greeting

Offline Renovatio

• Retired Moderator
  • HolyShit Member
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards 2nd place on GFX Ladder 2015 [UNIQUE] B&U staff member [RARE] Winner of 3 Challenges of the Week [RARE] Winner of 10 Signature of the Week Contest [LEGENDARY] GFX Tournament Winner [UNIQUE] Forum staff member [RARE] 1st place on GFX Ladder 2018 [UNIQUE] Winner of 10 Photo Manipulation Contest [LEGENDARY] Making 50 bets in Footbal Betting [COMMON] Violinist - Music Quiz #1 [EPIC] 1st place on GFX Ladder 2017 [UNIQUE] Winner of 15 Photoshop Challenge Contests [LEGENDARY] Tournaments Contribution [RARE] Jungle Race Tour Winner [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] 1st place on GFX Ladder 2016 [UNIQUE] GFX staff member [RARE] 2nd place in Special Event #2 [UNIQUE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: October 07, 2018, 18:09 »
Here you go mate, but you shouldnt have unrealistic goals, is bad for you...
Will make exception regarding awards cuse you did a good job here and you deserve the support that you want but I'm pretty sure no one will get the 5 and 7 wins in a row awards.

- this one, you said you want it for participations. Tell me a description for it (set conditions to achieve it). I do not suggest giving it to whomever participate.

- this one for credits. Give description to it. I wont make 3 versions of it. 6 awards is enough, for now. Only this one, for credits, so think about conditions for it. Mby giving it to record number of credits, as I suggested, dunno, you decide.
Join GFX Competitions. Awards, titles, acces to private forum areas and more are given. Is fun.

Offline tehnika8x8

• techies respawn
  • V.I.P Affairs
  • WickedSick Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: October 07, 2018, 19:52 »
- then we could reduce to 3, 4, 5 in a row or even better for 3, 5, 7, winning seasons anytime.

- I thought this to you to decide which of the best participants should be rewarded. I do not have to wonder about everything.

- then this will be the best placed bet in the season.

What do you think of all this?

Offline Renovatio

• Retired Moderator
  • HolyShit Member
    Show/hide more stats
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: October 08, 2018, 18:35 »
Hmm, would be nice to hear some opinions from participants.

I think would be best if you give awards for all time wins. Winning in a row is harder and most of the participants will not get awards.

• Black ball for 1 win
  • Bronze ball for 3 wins
  • Silver ball for 5 wins
  • Gold ball for 10 wins

For participation award: will be hard to track them cuse you will have to award this based on number of participations. Meaning you will have to count bets for every participant.

For credits: better the best placed bet of all time, imo, and would mean it can be held by only 1 guy at a time: the record holder. If you give it to best placed bet in the season chances are that many guys will get it. Easy to get awards arent valuable and wont motivate too much.

The thing with awards/achievements is that it can motivate participants/players to do some things based on the conditions placed by said awards: making them participate more often, trying more to win, trying to break records; this is why you shouldnt have easy conditions but nor too hard conditions either. If your awards are unreachable participants will get discouraged, if there are too easy to get they will lack interest once they win them all. This is why I think is best to give the coin only to the record breaker, so others can try their luck/knowledge to break that record and hold on to it as much as they can and to make the golden ball to 10 wins condition. For participation: I have no idea how to do it without counting bets like Akuma did it in the 1st season. The problem is that you will have to count stats for all the seasons and keep that count going on.

Also, is important to have a scoreboard. Something like:
+-------------+------+------+-------------+
| Participant | Wins | Bets | Highest bet |
+=============+======+======+=============+
| tehnika8x8  | 3    | 85   | 1250        |
| AGENT       | 3    | 100  | 120         |
| xpam        | -10  | 1000 | -40         |
| etc         |      |      |             |

The columns should contain the variables met in your awards' conditions. If you dont give award for participation then you dont need to count the number of bets and therefore you dont need to have them in scoreboard, for example.

Offline Akuma

• HolyShit Member
  • Topic Author
  • Awards Making 50 bets in Footbal Betting [COMMON] Winner of 1 Photoshop Challenge Contest [COMMON] Jungle Race Tour Winner [RARE] Winner of 5 Uther Party Tours Castle Fight Winner [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: October 08, 2018, 19:41 »
First season was a test season, even rules changed by far since then, so it can be ignored.
(Just count +1 to tehnika's winnings since he won 1st one.)

Anyway as I said this game is fully moderated by tehnika now, efko left me as "game moderator" since game is my creation even though I told him its unnecessary, I don't even have time to bet, less to moderate it.. Tehnika is doing great job, and whatever he decides to do, change, add, remove has my full support.
I was confused with this, and it was not only once, but it happens from time to time to /w wrong bot. If it was changed to la-custom or custom-la everyone would understand why is like that. But like this you must to read on forum to understand, even if you don't understand..

Offline _xpam_

• Awards Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Tour Pro Member [EPIC] Tours staff member [RARE] 1v1 AR Tour Winner [RARE] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: October 08, 2018, 20:44 »
can we add 2,5 goal over/under or 3,5

Offline tehnika8x8

• techies respawn
  • V.I.P Affairs
  • WickedSick Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: October 08, 2018, 23:26 »
can we add 2,5 goal over/under or 3,5
We already have this game: 3-4 goals
I really like your sense of humor (delilik) :)

Offline tehnika8x8

• techies respawn
  • V.I.P Affairs
  • WickedSick Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: October 09, 2018, 08:34 »
Hmm, would be nice to hear some opinions from participants.
Mate, and I would like to hear their opinion.
I think would be best if you give awards for all time wins. Winning in a row is harder and most of the participants will not get awards.

• Black ball for 1 win
  • Bronze ball for 3 wins
  • Silver ball for 5 wins
  • Gold ball for 10 wins
With this, I completely agree with you. Let it be so.  :agreed:
For credits: better the best placed bet of all time, imo, and would mean it can be held by only 1 guy at a time: the record holder. If you give it to best placed bet in the season chances are that many guys will get it. Easy to get awards arent valuable and wont motivate too much.
One who wins the highest credits in one bet(post) should get this title(award) and if someone skips it then award is removed and given to the one who skipped it. If you thinks about it, then I like it. 8)
For participation award: will be hard to track them cuse you will have to award this based on number of participations. Meaning you will have to count bets for every participant.
About this I thought it would be rewarded by number of posts. One post = one bets. Not important how much the bets was in post. Because if we count the number of bets in a post then users who use single game would have advantage of ticket users (parlay). It's not difficult to track. I do not need a separate section in the table, because I just return posts back and I count. I can track it without marking anywhere. We just need to get a deal via PM how many posts would be enough for a reward.
For participation: I have no idea how to do it without counting bets like Akuma did it in the 1st season. The problem is that you will have to count stats for all the seasons and keep that count going on.
This still valid, I'm lazy to track(I'm not Gondar :)). Because in case that two users have same number of credits, the one who had more bets (post) will be declared the winner or in the event that it is still unresolved, then bets in posts are counted.
Which means who more participates more gets. ;)

I really like yours scoreboard.  :y:

Offline Renovatio

• Retired Moderator
  • HolyShit Member
    Show/hide more stats
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: October 09, 2018, 18:35 »
Awards created.
You can see them in your profile > awards list (http://dota.eurobattle.net/la/forum/index.php?action=profile;area=listAwards;start=80)

Send me a list, once you decide how to assign the participation award. Something like:
<nickname> <award/s>
AGENT - Winning 3 seasons award / Participation award

Offline Renovatio

• Retired Moderator
  • HolyShit Member
    Show/hide more stats
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: October 12, 2018, 15:02 »
Award for participation is ready. It was decided to be given for at least 50 bets (betting tickets = 1 or more bets from betting offer).
AGENT the Icon Seeker !awarded with
Akuma (-1 bet), AGENT, Renovatio, tehnika8x8 !awarded with

Tehnika, PM me with the nickname of the Football Betting Record Holder, I think is you with 1200-something but I'm not sure. Made you a table with the awards. It should be in a topic with a scoreboard or in 1st post from Football Betting Game (better in the one with scoreboard but is your call).

Winning 1 season of Football Betting
Winning 3 seasons of Football Betting
Winning 5 seasons of Football Betting
Winning 10 seasons of Football Betting
Highest number of credits won with a betting ticket
Making 50 bets in Footbal Betting

Offline tehnika8x8

• techies respawn
  • V.I.P Affairs
  • WickedSick Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: October 12, 2018, 18:04 »
Made you a table with the awards. It should be in a topic with a scoreboard or in 1st post from Football Betting Game (better in the one with scoreboard but is your call).
Congratulations to everyone on the rewarded awards

All changes and new releases will be at the end of the season (as usual) when we announce the winner of the current season.
         There will be awards for other participants who have reached them.
                              Until then we continue with Football Betting and I wish you a lot of luck..

Regards

@Renovatio I have a special reward for you because you help me a lot in everything . Tnx a lot  :)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 18:24 by tehnika8x8 »

Offline tehnika8x8

• techies respawn
  • V.I.P Affairs
  • WickedSick Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: November 24, 2018, 15:29 »
21:00  Lyon - St. Etienne  > 4

20:30  B. Leverkusen - Stuttgart  > 2

21:00  Leganes - Alaves  > 3
10x
@Jedivh
Obviously bro you never bet in real life and you don't know how it's going :)
For the beginning if you  want I will bring you into this world only if you promise me you don't do it in real life. Because you can lose money and nerves. So you're just playing here together with us from fun. Can it?   ;)
Ok, go on XD
to start only the basic game: 1 X 2

20:45  Atl. Madrid - Barcelona
       (home team)  (away team)

You guess which of these two teams will win or play unresolved.
Tags are:
1 - home team wins
X - draw(unresolved)
2 - away team wins

*if you think they will win out Atl. madrid ,to put mark (1)
Spoiler for example:
20:45  Atl. Madrid - Barcelona 1
*if you think they will be draw,to put mark (X)
Spoiler for example:
20:45  Atl. Madrid - Barcelona X

*if you think they will win out Barcelona,to put mark (2)
Spoiler for example:
20:45  Atl. Madrid - Barcelona 2

In order to betting, you have to invest your own bet.
Every player starts season with 200 credits.Minimum bet is 1 credit
and Maximum bet is 10 credits on a single match and parlay(ticket).

*single match -(each bet separately per game)
Spoiler for example:
18:30  Tottenham - Chelsea 1  x10 credits
15:30  Mainz - Bor. Dortmund X   x5 credits
18:30  Huesca - Levante 2   x3 credits

*parlay(ticket) -(your bets are multiples)
Spoiler for example:
18:30  Tottenham - Chelsea 1 
15:30  Mainz - Bor. Dortmund X   
18:30  Huesca - Levante 2 
Parlay x10 credits

You have all the rules and regulations here:
Look at them and a little study, see the previous bets of the other players and
you should make everything clearer to you.
I hope I helped you  :)

gl&hf @Jedivh

Offline FataLity-

• Pro Member
  • I like up-to-date maps
  • Awards LA Ladder #4-10 [LEGENDARY] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] LA Ladder #3 [LEGENDARY] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] VIP Member [EPIC] Winner of 10 Daily Tours [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] Admiral Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Queen of Pain Tour Winner [RARE] Tiny Tournament Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE] Invoker Wars Tournament [RARE] Invoker 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] 1v1 AR Tour Winner [RARE] 1v1 Nevermore Tour Winner [RARE] 1v1 Windrunner Tour Winner [RARE] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 ARSHOM [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Betting game suggestions/any questions about betting
« Reply #59 on: April 19, 2019, 12:45 »
maybe add tier1 dota2 games to betting pool aswell?
cen update the map please