Author Topic: AEnolifeGGwp  (Read 2455 times)

Offline Astaroth

• Satan Admin
  • Honored member
  • GodLike Member
  • Blood for the Blood God!
  • Awards Forum staff member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: AEnolifeGGwp
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2018, 07:21 »
I'm not calling it hack on purpose.

So, this camera feature is an actuall feature of DotA map or Warcraft? When I used to play here, there was no such a thing.

Signature by Rocka

Offline Renovatio

• Retired Moderator
  • HolyShit Member
  • Server Account: -Renovatio.
    PSR: Loading
    Games: Loading
    Wins/Loses: Loading/Loading
    Hero K/D/A: Loading
    Creep K/D/N: Loading
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards 2nd place on GFX Ladder 2015 [UNIQUE] B&U staff member [RARE] Winner of 3 Challenges of the Week [RARE] Winner of 10 Signature of the Week Contest [LEGENDARY] GFX Tournament Winner [UNIQUE] Forum staff member [RARE] 1st place on GFX Ladder 2018 [UNIQUE] Winner of 10 Photo Manipulation Contest [LEGENDARY] Making 50 bets in Footbal Betting [COMMON] Violinist - Music Quiz #1 [EPIC] 1st place on GFX Ladder 2017 [UNIQUE] Winner of 15 Photoshop Challenge Contests [LEGENDARY] Tournaments Contribution [RARE] Jungle Race Tour Winner [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] 1st place on GFX Ladder 2016 [UNIQUE] GFX staff member [RARE] 2nd place in Special Event #2 [UNIQUE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2018, 12:32 »

So, this camera feature is an actuall feature of DotA map or Warcraft? When I used to play here, there was no such a thing.

When you used to play here there were also less available items and mby even heroes, depending when you quit playing. 2 years ago you were able to kill the fountain with sniper, now you cant: hack? My point is that neither DotA, nor Warcraft 3, were built from first as they are now. Warcraft 3 it gone up to ver 1.29 while DotA is 6.88. Mechanics, game settings, new heroes, etc, got implemented/modified during the years. It was done in order to improve the game by balancing it and adding more content. So, the debate here should be about "is camera feature an improvement?" and not about "is camera feature a hack?". Most of the players are using it, so should be an improvement. Its availability to all players makes it fair to use. I'm starting to think you guys dont know what is a "hack". Call the camera feature "bad", "unbalanced" and make argumentation for that, you may actually be right (with proper arguments) but calling it a "hack" you get your mouth slapped by the obvious.

I hope you guys can tell the difference between constructive criticism and insults, and dont get annoyed, as Common usually does when someone doesnt agree with him. Is a debate, not a fight.

EDIT: I may be wrong but I recall playing the original Warcraft 3 and modifying the point of view and camera distance from keyboard shortcuts. (no modding)
« Last Edit: June 18, 2018, 12:53 by Renovatio »
Join GFX Competitions. Awards, titles, acces to private forum areas and more are given. Is fun.

Offline UltimateTroll

• Pro Member
  • Awards DotA 5v5 Tournament Winner [EPIC] LA Ladder #4-10 [LEGENDARY] LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] 1v1 Queen of Pain Tour Winner [RARE] 1v1 AR Tour Winner [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2018, 12:58 »
Cant say this zoom option is a hack but the fact that draco implemented it into his map is just disgusting. It was never a part of the game and it should never be a part of it.All bugs aside, zoom was one thing that was intentional but its also the biggest mistake draco made. I saw how it changed the way some people played (better ofc).More awareness while being ganked mid,thus reacting faster than usual to heroes appearing,much more flexibility in fights ,choosing their targets a lot better, knowing whether the situation is in their favor or not etc. Remove the zoom and ppl who used it every game will be lost and u could most likely see a big drop-off.

Offline Renovatio

• Retired Moderator
  • HolyShit Member
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards 2nd place on GFX Ladder 2015 [UNIQUE] B&U staff member [RARE] Winner of 3 Challenges of the Week [RARE] Winner of 10 Signature of the Week Contest [LEGENDARY] GFX Tournament Winner [UNIQUE] Forum staff member [RARE] 1st place on GFX Ladder 2018 [UNIQUE] Winner of 10 Photo Manipulation Contest [LEGENDARY] Making 50 bets in Footbal Betting [COMMON] Violinist - Music Quiz #1 [EPIC] 1st place on GFX Ladder 2017 [UNIQUE] Winner of 15 Photoshop Challenge Contests [LEGENDARY] Tournaments Contribution [RARE] Jungle Race Tour Winner [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] 1st place on GFX Ladder 2016 [UNIQUE] GFX staff member [RARE] 2nd place in Special Event #2 [UNIQUE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2018, 13:14 »
Cant say this zoom option is a hack but the fact that draco implemented it into his map is just disgusting. It was never a part of the game and it should never be a part of it.All bugs aside, zoom was one thing that was intentional but its also the biggest mistake draco made. I saw how it changed the way some people played (better ofc).More awareness while being ganked mid,thus reacting faster than usual to heroes appearing,much more flexibility in fights ,choosing their targets a lot better, knowing whether the situation is in their favor or not etc. Remove the zoom and ppl who used it every game will be lost and u could most likely see a big drop-off.

I see I can find a common ground with you. What you said is true (talking about benefits) but do you think this feature gives those benefits to some players but not to all? I say it doesnt because there are still people that dont use it, getting a handicap against those who do. But what stops them not to use it?
Join GFX Competitions. Awards, titles, acces to private forum areas and more are given. Is fun.

Offline UltimateTroll

• Pro Member
  • Awards DotA 5v5 Tournament Winner [EPIC] LA Ladder #4-10 [LEGENDARY] LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] 1v1 Queen of Pain Tour Winner [RARE] 1v1 AR Tour Winner [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2018, 15:04 »

I see I can find a common ground with you. What you said is true (talking about benefits) but do you think this feature gives those benefits to some players but not to all? I say it doesnt because there are still people that dont use it, getting a handicap against those who do. But what stops them not to use it?
Exactly why i said it wasnt a hack, but it just shouldnt be available to anyone, millions of people play dota 2 for 7-8 years now and zoom was never a thing. I mean i see ur point, the thing is,its only here because draco implemented it for some reason

Offline Renovatio

• Retired Moderator
  • HolyShit Member
    Show/hide more stats
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2018, 15:16 »
I think he was trying something different; a reinvention of classical dota (he made a lot of big changes). I know a lot of guys are angry on him but lets give the man some credit: he is trying and DotA 1 was abandoned by icefrog. Didnt played the new version yet, dunno what is about, I hope he doesnt go in DotA 2 direction with makeovers and stuff. Different might be good.

Offline Astaroth

• Satan Admin
  • Honored member
  • GodLike Member
  • Blood for the Blood God!
  • Awards Forum staff member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2018, 07:30 »

When you used to play here there were also less available items and mby even heroes, depending when you quit playing. 2 years ago you were able to kill the fountain with sniper, now you cant: hack? My point is that neither DotA, nor Warcraft 3, were built from first as they are now. Warcraft 3 it gone up to ver 1.29 while DotA is 6.88. Mechanics, game settings, new heroes, etc, got implemented/modified during the years. It was done in order to improve the game by balancing it and adding more content. So, the debate here should be about "is camera feature an improvement?" and not about "is camera feature a hack?". Most of the players are using it, so should be an improvement. Its availability to all players makes it fair to use. I'm starting to think you guys dont know what is a "hack". Call the camera feature "bad", "unbalanced" and make argumentation for that, you may actually be right (with proper arguments) but calling it a "hack" you get your mouth slapped by the obvious.

I hope you guys can tell the difference between constructive criticism and insults, and dont get annoyed, as Common usually does when someone doesnt agree with him. Is a debate, not a fight.

EDIT: I may be wrong but I recall playing the original Warcraft 3 and modifying the point of view and camera distance from keyboard shortcuts. (no modding)
I jumped in the middle of a discussion without proper info, my bad.
I didn't know how available it is (its just a DotA command, right?).

But again, I'm not calling it a hack.

What started the discussion was: "...you have infinite camera vision with camera hacks implemented right into the map itself..."
This seems to be right and fits your arguments. You could implement map hack right into the DotA map and call it a feature and we could close a part of the forum and dump part of the staff.

Also, Warcraft 3 has commands to add gold, lumber, make your units invincible etc. Even tho these are available for all players, they are still cheats.

My point is the camera feature used to be a hack.
This reminds me of an idea they supposedly had somewhere in South America (Columbia perhaps?): The criminality is way too high and making and selling drugs is at the top. Let's make drugs legal, thus criminality will drop significantly!

The very core of the idea may somewhat (and to someone) sound good but it makes no sense as a whole (and ofc it doesn't solve the problem).

And that's what this discussion should be about: Is implementing hacks right into map and handing them to all players a good idea?

In my opinion it is not.

Signature by Rocka