Author Topic: 2 questions  (Read 7359 times)

Offline opa_bato[o.0]

• Topic Author
  • wub wub wub prrrrrrrrrraaaaaaahhh
    • View Profile
    • Awards
2 questions
« on: October 12, 2010, 19:30 »
_
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 02:59 by opa_bato[o.0] »
bored i am

Offline Player

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: 2 questions
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2010, 19:36 »
I think there is a command -disablehelp to stop your teammate from using force staff on you. Dont know about toss and about enemy force staff.

Offline Geistesblitz

• Retired Moderator
  • MonsterKill Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2010, 20:20 »
Regarding question 1:

Quon is working on the new set of rules. Coming soon!

Regarding question 2:
-disablehelp should work for both, if not it's something for Icefrog :P. Can't disable it on enemies.

Offline opa_bato[o.0]

• Topic Author
  • wub wub wub prrrrrrrrrraaaaaaahhh
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2010, 21:14 »
_
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 02:59 by opa_bato[o.0] »
bored i am

Offline AliRadicali

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2010, 22:52 »
Quon is working on the new set of rules.
Quon is working
Quon

Wait, so the mod whose standard response to any feedback is to say "Rules are fine, locked!" is in charge of improving the rules? OHSHI-

but disablehelp also actually stops them from helping me, eg. omni healing me!
-disablehelp only disables specific spells that can be used for ally-griefing (nightmare, recall, etc.).  Spells that cannot be used to hurt allies (omni heal F.E.) aren't disabled by the command.

Offline Geistesblitz

• Retired Moderator
  • MonsterKill Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2010, 00:50 »
Quon is working on the new set of rules.
Quon is working
Quon

Wait, so the mod whose standard response to any feedback is to say "Rules are fine, locked!" is in charge of improving the rules? OHSHI-
It is not only quon, it's a team that works on the rules. Everyone has a point of view and that is yours. As a team they share their points of view and their ideas and as a result you will see the new rules when they've finished.

Offline Quon

• Hand of The King
  • Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • garekds9
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2010, 20:13 »
Lal...

All playdota.eu team is working on new rules. We r w8ting new rating system to be finished, then we will post THE "new rules".

@ AliRadicali

This system IS working fine else here wouldnt play 90% population on bnet. Just as I sad before, I will say it again:

If u have productive idea, plz share it with us at our feedback section else dont post crap like playdota.eu is shit and finish your story there. If u dont like here, plz be free to play at other realms.

Oh.. and yes, our system works fine

@ opa_bato[o.0]

1. Using !rmk, !votekick and -switch isnt obligation
2. Just report them. They will be banned for bad behavior
« Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 20:23 by quon »

Offline AliRadicali

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2010, 17:07 »
@ AliRadicali

This system IS working fine else here wouldnt play 90% population on bnet. Just as I sad before, I will say it again:

If u have productive idea, plz share it with us at our feedback section else dont post crap like playdota.eu is shit and finish your story there. If u dont like here, plz be free to play at other realms.
I do have productive ideas, they just get locked because you ignore them. Just like you ignore my several complaints. Part of your JOB is to listen to customers' (AKA players) complaints and to improve the services you provide. But instead of listening to complaints and seriously trying to adress the issues brought up, you respond with one-liners like "rules are fine", "if you can't understand the rules don't host" and best of all "If you don't like it go play on another server". LOL!

Let's draw an analogy here:
I'm a customer in a restaurant. I think my food tastes a bit plain, so I ask the waiter for some salt. Should the waiter:
a) Tell the customer to go eat somewhere else if he doesn't like it.
b) Give the customer some salt.
Well?

I have made a complaint about the aforementioned "40% rule" in another thread, and it got pointedly ignored. I'll make my suggestion again:
Add an exception to the rule: "Hero picks do not count as an "unplayable condition."
Why? Because "our team has a (insert hero here), REMAKE!" should obviously not be considered a proper reason to remake a game.

Now are you going to tell me to go find another restaurant, or are you going to give me my damn salt (or at least explain why you can't give me any)?

Oh.. and yes, our system works fine
a) I disagree with you. The rules are too vague and open to multiple interpretations, and several of the most common scenarios aren't covered by the rules. The fact that disconnecting is not mentioned in the rules at all proves this point perfectly IMO.
b) Even if that were true, that doesn't mean things cannot be improved. The T-ford was an amazing vehicle when it was introduced, but that didn't mean that people went around saying "OMG this car is fine, no need to change it! LOCKED!"
Would you rather drive this:

or this:

Offline [Shady] Polska

• Honored member
  • WickedSick Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2010, 17:30 »
The t ford got me giggling. Well why we can't get you the salt is because we do not have any.We are waiting on the completion of the new system, to fix all the issues that he know and that people have brought to our attention. The new system is in test mode atm, and we are very close to the arrival of it. The new system will cause many issues to be resolved which is why we are waiting for it. For now try to deal with the frustration of the loop holes in the system, and if you do have a problem and get denied do not be scared to pm and head mod to get there opinion on the situation.

Offline mrNiceguy

• Honored member
  • GodLike Member
  • Guess who's back :D
    • View Profile
    • When injustice becomes a LAW, resistance becomes a duty
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2010, 17:35 »
The t ford got me giggling.

Same here, and I would rather drive the old driver! <--- and I think that car cost more than lamborgini!
when we were fighting againt the biggest power hunger i ever met, MrNiceGuy. Now i see him in you, no, you became way worse than him. He at least had some heart, he cared about ppl who were with him all the time.

Offline Quon

• Hand of The King
  • Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • garekds9
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2010, 17:48 »
I have red your posts. All of them. U only whine how everything sucks... and how our ban system has loops and nowhere u have written solution or proposal. Srsly idk why u play here if all rules r lame. I explained it all why is it that way and then I locked topic, cause its not debatable.

I have tried to play DotA at almost all platforms. PD has best system I have seen.

If u think that u r "master pro" and u want decent pro game, u r at wrong place as I already said. This is public bot. Every1 can pick techies and every1 can have boots + tangos as starting items if they will own in pro game. Score is only measure for pros and noobs.

We made rules as simple as we could to make it work. I persanoly play usually with friends cause I hate "pro" pubbers who go mid with eg Lich with boots + tango and refuse to go side.

Write concrete solution instead of only complains.

p.s. Customer pays that salt...
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 19:15 by quon »

Offline NEGERTIVS

• Retired Moderator
  • WickedSick Member
  • podlac lukavi
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2010, 18:05 »
I agree that PD.eu's concept of having a system of pub rules and enforcement is a great one. But the problem (at least, in my view) is that if you choose to build on a system like this, you ought to be consistent. Right now the rules are just vague as hell and too open to interpretation, leading to numerous disagreements and a lot of people feeling wronged by some of the decisions that are made. I have been told that a new set of rules is being worked on. I think it'd be a good idea to give the community a small spoiler of some of these new rules, it might put a lot of concerns to rest. And maybe you'll get some constructive feedback to further improve them.

Oh and Ali did give you his view on how the rules should be changed, I call that presenting a concrete solution. It might not be in this thread (where, by the way, he pointed out the -disablehelp thing), but yes, he has posted a lot of useful ideas, I can understand why he might be annoyed when you keep locking his threads! This is a forum for discussion of the rules after all.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 18:08 by NEGERTIVS »

Offline MyUberNick

• Founder
  • WickedSick Member
  • Awards Lagabuse Legend LA High Staff [EPIC] MVP Member [LEGENDARY] LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2010, 18:24 »

Let's draw an analogy here:
I'm a customer in a restaurant. I think my food tastes a bit plain, so I ask the waiter for some salt. Should the waiter:
a) Tell the customer to go eat somewhere else if he doesn't like it.
b) Give the customer some salt.
Well?

This is very wrong, when you're in a restaurant you are paying for the service. Take your analogy and replace restaurant with homeless shelter and waiter with a volunteer. Ask for salt then? He will tell you that you're lucky to have your free soup and go on.

But anyway, i agree with you the rules are not fine, it will be updated in a major update as i said here http://playdota.eu/forum/index.php/topic,23857.msg74474.html#msg74474
You'll just have to wait a bit and see, like polska said.

Offline NEGERTIVS

• Retired Moderator
  • WickedSick Member
  • podlac lukavi
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2010, 18:33 »
I agree that PD.eu is a free service, but for all intents and purposes it is competing against several other places where one could play dota. A homeless shelter does not compete, it simply takes in the bottom of the barrel who have no other place to go. Or wait, is that what you wanted to state about PD.eu?  ???

You should realize in by setting the quality of "service" on this bot (the quality of the rules, the enforcement of the rules, the overall image of PD, etc) you are having a great influence on the influx of players. Do you want to attract pubtards, or semi-decent players?

Offline mrNiceguy

• Honored member
  • GodLike Member
  • Guess who's back :D
    • View Profile
    • When injustice becomes a LAW, resistance becomes a duty
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2010, 19:14 »
Negertivs, I like your idea, I wanted to ask quon to put new rules visible before we post them for real!

Ok, I will speak with rest of stuff about this, and we will post them for you guys, so like that you will be able to propose changes, and we will decide are we going to accept them or not!

Regards!
when we were fighting againt the biggest power hunger i ever met, MrNiceGuy. Now i see him in you, no, you became way worse than him. He at least had some heart, he cared about ppl who were with him all the time.