Author Topic: [After Effects 5] Simple shock wave - Fast Tutorial  (Read 3567 times)

Offline ramb.O

• Topic Author
  • El micro y yo
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Hi, i want to show how to make a simulated simple blast / shock wave with after effects cs5 (i hope u can use too after effects cs 4, because it is very simple)

First of all, excuse my english skill.

* New Solid, Effect > generate > circle || Nuevo Solido, Efecto > Generar > Circulo (In spanish, if u want to translate)
* Mark Radius (clock icon) for use keyframes
* Border (edge) select thickness  || Borde: Grosor
* Change the radius' value for make a blast animation
* Using 3D options, select the angle of your 'blast'

Demo here:

Ask if you dont understand, or show me other way to make it.

PD: AE CS 5 works with 64 bits. Not allows 32.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 13:45 by ramb.O »
BB

Offline joyjoy

• Movie Nerd
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Enjoyjoy your life
  • Awards Winner of 1 Signature of the Week Contest [COMMON] Winner of 1 Photoshop Challenge Contest [COMMON] GFX staff member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • AE arts by joyjoy
    • Awards
Re: Simple shock wave - Fast Tutorial
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2010, 10:35 »
interesting but try better way, circle is simple, you cant set it up like you want
try
1) make a solid
2) take a mask tool in elipse shape
3) from center of composition make a circle shape by dragging mouse and holding shift to make it perfekt circle and holding ctrl to center it on point where you started dragging
4) do it again to make second mask but smaller/bigger like you want
5) choose that solid a and by pressing twice M you open mask setting on it one mask leave on ADD option and second switch to SUBTRACT now you make a circle within them
advantage of this is you can set your wave like you want feather edges or thickness, then keyframe masks like you want to perform shockwave, even you can do that on some background and wave got texture from it(like i made it on grid BG) and much more ;)
here ex.

other setting are followed by you like orientation in space, color correction and etc.

dolmel

Re: Simple shock wave - Fast Tutorial
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2010, 12:26 »
Due to your activity on graphics forums your both are rewarded with first GFX rank, but i guess Contributor rank overrides GFX rank xD. Anyway thanks for interest and I hope you stay active here.

If you are writing tutorial for one dedicated program, from now on please specify its name in topic.

Offline ramb.O

• Topic Author
  • El micro y yo
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re:
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2010, 15:24 »
Thx, i did it, and nice trick using ctrl + shift ;DDD
I didnt know how to use masks, i never used it until today :DD

Due to your activity on graphics forums your both are rewarded with first GFX rank, but i guess Contributor rank overrides GFX rank xD. Anyway thanks for interest and I hope you stay active here.
If you are writing tutorial for one dedicated program, from now on please specify its name in topic.
Yeah, i changed name. Now is ok =)
What about my 'activity in graphics forums' ? I learned to make it yesterday, testing with some effects : D

I want to be active here, i like make videos with after effecs, it is awesome. So i think u will suffer me here ^^
« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 15:35 by ramb.O »
BB

Offline ramb.O

• Topic Author
  • El micro y yo
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Video Wave2
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2010, 15:34 »
Using mask, like joyjoy said.
BB

Offline joyjoy

• Movie Nerd
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Enjoyjoy your life
  • Awards Winner of 1 Signature of the Week Contest [COMMON] Winner of 1 Photoshop Challenge Contest [COMMON] GFX staff member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • AE arts by joyjoy
    • Awards
Re: [After Effects 5] Simple shock wave - Fast Tutorial
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2010, 13:42 »
one step forward  ;) its only playing playing and playing with different set-ups good job :)

Offline ramb.O

• Topic Author
  • El micro y yo
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: [After Effects 5] Simple shock wave - Fast Tutorial
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2010, 14:40 »
one step forward  ;) its only playing playing and playing with different set-ups good job :)
I know, i found 'first' way to make a wave with circle trying effects ;D
BB