Author Topic: About DotA 6.88  (Read 4715 times)

Offline Akuma

• HolyShit Member
  • Awards Making 50 bets in Footbal Betting [COMMON] Winner of 1 Photoshop Challenge Contest [COMMON] Jungle Race Tour Winner [RARE] Winner of 5 Uther Party Tours Castle Fight Winner [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: About DotA 6.88
« Reply #45 on: July 27, 2018, 16:31 »
About monitors, i repeat 99999th time - i AGREE about it, but i just need proofs - screenshots
Maybe there is another, better solution

Maybe we will calculate cam distance personally for every resolution and call it feature, lul

Well, this is a valid option imho, but I think most of the people use Maximum w3 resolution already (I do on a 17" monitor, so I guess anyone who has bigger screen simply has to use the maximum resolution)

Maybe I misunderstood you. We can talk on discord later, I can send you screenshots of my screen or whatever, busy now.
I was confused with this, and it was not only once, but it happens from time to time to /w wrong bot. If it was changed to la-custom or custom-la everyone would understand why is like that. But like this you must to read on forum to understand, even if you don't understand..

guest49825

« Reply #46 on: July 27, 2018, 16:35 »
Well, then people with weak PCs who have 10 fps should not play dota too? Or should we also force everyone to play on 10 fps so its fair?
People with weak PC's won`t be able to play finely the current 6.88 map anyway, the fps drops are real (at least, in the current version with GUI; they might fix it soon)

Didnt read rest parts of message, will read later

edit: its fucking their OWN problem, we can`t come to them and buy them fucking new PC/mouse/mic/etc.
Eurobattle is already pleasing these poor people and provides the way of playing this game for free (although i do not accept it anyway, but whatever, gift is gift)
And yes, as an experienced player i`ll say again - "they should not play games with their slow ass PCs just to ruin everyone else's game".
If they want to play some dota - there are fine AI maps. There is Garena games without ladder (that became trash already, so no one will be surprised of such player)

Every your argument is weird
I`m sure when i`ll come home and read rest of your message, i`ll find NO arguments which were NOT taken from unrelated subjects
If you guys can`t agrue, - do fucking not
Tweeko, kja12 - same fucking level
Providing some random arguments wannabe and thinking like these arguments are suiting the subject. NO. Fucking NO.

I know only Astaroth (Dota 2 vs Dota 1), Akuma (ban/unban cases and real-life-subjects; sport; dota gameplay), Cen (eurobattle inner features), Renovatio (GFX area; staff activity) here (random order, don`t mind) - the ones which are arguing finely. In '()' i provided our past subjects

Offline Akuma

• HolyShit Member
  • Awards Making 50 bets in Footbal Betting [COMMON] Winner of 1 Photoshop Challenge Contest [COMMON] Jungle Race Tour Winner [RARE] Winner of 5 Uther Party Tours Castle Fight Winner [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: July 27, 2018, 16:43 »
btw, in response to this

However, the fact that many people are used to camhack should also be considered.

I checked 3 random games played today, just for the sake of getting some basic stats

1st game - 5 people used -cam xxxx http://dota.eurobattle.net/la/forum/index.php?action=gameinfo;sa=game;gid=6131834
2nd game - 2 people used -cam xxxx http://dota.eurobattle.net/la/forum/index.php?action=gameinfo;sa=game;gid=6131839
3rd game - 3 people used -cam xxxx http://dota.eurobattle.net/la/forum/index.php?action=gameinfo;sa=game;gid=6131838

I picked these games completely random from first page on games tab, didn't even check players, could even be same players in some of the games.

There could be people who use it from circle though, we can't find that info, but the fact is (at least based on this minor random case) that more people don't use it than use it. The real question, which deer already asked is, if those who don't use it "care" or "don't care" about others using it.
I was confused with this, and it was not only once, but it happens from time to time to /w wrong bot. If it was changed to la-custom or custom-la everyone would understand why is like that. But like this you must to read on forum to understand, even if you don't understand..

Offline luke

• ~evil~
  • Contributor
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Server Account: FatAndViolent
    PSR: Loading
    Games: Loading
    Wins/Loses: Loading/Loading
    Hero K/D/A: Loading
    Creep K/D/N: Loading
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Warlock Tour Winner [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Hacks staff member [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] Best B&U mod of the month 3 times in a row [EPIC] 3rd Place Admins Cup [EPIC] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • My channel
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: July 27, 2018, 16:49 »
The real question, which deer already asked is, if those who don't use it "care" or "don't care" about others using it.

I agree. Want to add that i saw many people reporting or arguing about maphack, but i have seen none complaining about hotkeys or camera distance

guest49825

« Reply #49 on: July 27, 2018, 16:50 »
updated my last post

Offline begin

• Awards 1v1 ARSHOM [RARE] Admiral Tournament Winner [RARE] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] LA Ladder #3 [LEGENDARY] Best Couple (2v2) Tour Winner [RARE] Invoker 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] 1v1 Earthshaker Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: July 27, 2018, 16:57 »
The real question, which deer already asked is, if those who don't use it "care" or "don't care" about others using it.

I agree. Want to add that i saw many people reporting or arguing about maphack, but i have seen none complaining about hotkeys or camera distance

Noone will argue about warkeys or camera distance because it is available for all and makes the game playable and less noob-like.

Without these i would only see my hero and play just aura based heroes.

guest49825

« Reply #51 on: July 27, 2018, 17:16 »
makes the game playable and less noob-like.
Repeating same non-explained thing over and over does not work.
Go ahead and explain it, asking 2nd time, lul

guest49825

« Reply #52 on: July 27, 2018, 17:22 »
@CoMMoN13337
just for lulz (last sentence about monitors, please)

i`m going home, will read things after few hours

Offline begin

• Awards 1v1 ARSHOM [RARE] Admiral Tournament Winner [RARE] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] LA Ladder #3 [LEGENDARY] Best Couple (2v2) Tour Winner [RARE] Invoker 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] 1v1 Earthshaker Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: July 27, 2018, 18:41 »
makes the game playable and less noob-like.
Repeating same non-explained thing over and over does not work.
Go ahead and explain it, asking 2nd time, lul
When your screen shows more than just your hero you are able to react and cast spells and target units therefore it is more playable.

When players are able to do this properly, the level of game improves from a noob-like game without need to scroll your mouse permanently to check your surroundings.

Offline Happy..

• Leader of the notorious Dota7 lobbying group
  • Pro Member
  • Server Account: Fairy.
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards DotA 5v5 Tournament Winner [EPIC] LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] VIP Member [EPIC] 5v5 Xmas Tournament Winner [EPIC] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] LA Ladder #4-10 [LEGENDARY] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: July 27, 2018, 20:20 »
And yes, I'm sure that those who have huge monitors can afford 1 more smaller monitor so then won't be problems.

Seriously? That would be your big solution? :D:D:D:D

Instead of leaving the cam mode so everyone can adjust it accordingly to their monitors, you would have solved this by forcing someone to buy a new "smaller" monitor so they can play a 15 years old game just because you are "sure" they can afford it?

I swear to fucking god these people...

Offline luke

• ~evil~
  • Contributor
  • MonsterKill Member
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Warlock Tour Winner [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Hacks staff member [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] Best B&U mod of the month 3 times in a row [EPIC] 3rd Place Admins Cup [EPIC] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • My channel
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: July 27, 2018, 20:38 »
And yes, I'm sure that those who have huge monitors can afford 1 more smaller monitor so then won't be problems.

Seriously? That would be your big solution? :D:D:D:D

Instead of leaving the cam mode so everyone can adjust it accordingly to their monitors, you would have solved this by forcing someone to buy a new "smaller" monitor so they can play a 15 years old game just because you are "sure" they can afford it?

I swear to fucking god these people...

It was a joke, lol

Anyway, i see the following arguments mentioned for having it:

+ people with big monitors can adjust the distance and play more comfortable (and this is 2018, a lot of people have big monitors)
+ a lot of people used to it, according to akuma's observation about 30% at least
+ since everyone can use it, its not as game breaking as, for example, maphack
+ bigger field of view means easier navigation

- will give an unfair advantage, especially to people will smaller monitors
- was bannable in past
- its a hack?

Solutions offered:

* use windowed mode
* implement fixed -cam distance for every resolution
* implement widescreen support for 1.26
* lower the max cam range
* buy new monitor, wtf?

Is everything here or something missing?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2018, 20:41 by kja12 »

Offline Jimmy

• Honored member
  • GodLike Member
  • (Retired) LA Clan Chieftain
  • Awards Best B&U mod of the month 5 times [LEGENDARY] MVP Member [LEGENDARY] LA High Staff [EPIC] Lagabuse Legend Advisor Winner of 5 Photoshop Challenge Contests [EPIC] IHRL Member [RARE] Best Tours mod of the month 3 times in a row [EPIC] VIP Member [EPIC] Contributor [COMMON] B&U staff member [RARE] Hacks staff member [RARE] Tours staff member [RARE] Forum staff member [RARE] Best Hacks Moderator of the month [RARE] GodLike Tournament Member [LEGENDARY] Best Tours mod of the month 5 times in a row [LEGENDARY] Tournaments Contribution [RARE] DotA 5v5 Tournament Winner [EPIC] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: July 27, 2018, 21:08 »
Is there gonna be -cam mode or not?

Offline luke

• ~evil~
  • Contributor
  • MonsterKill Member
    Show/hide more stats
    • View Profile
    • My channel
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: July 27, 2018, 21:18 »
Is there gonna be -cam mode or not?

Thats currently being discussed

Offline Jimmy

• Honored member
  • GodLike Member
  • Awards Best B&U mod of the month 5 times [LEGENDARY] MVP Member [LEGENDARY] LA High Staff [EPIC] Lagabuse Legend Advisor Winner of 5 Photoshop Challenge Contests [EPIC] IHRL Member [RARE] Best Tours mod of the month 3 times in a row [EPIC] VIP Member [EPIC] Contributor [COMMON] B&U staff member [RARE] Hacks staff member [RARE] Tours staff member [RARE] Forum staff member [RARE] Best Hacks Moderator of the month [RARE] GodLike Tournament Member [LEGENDARY] Best Tours mod of the month 5 times in a row [LEGENDARY] Tournaments Contribution [RARE] DotA 5v5 Tournament Winner [EPIC] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: July 27, 2018, 21:26 »
Is it a thing that can be discussed or is it decided by the Administrators?

Offline Jimmy

• Honored member
  • GodLike Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: July 27, 2018, 21:29 »
Im sorry cause im not in the flow of the current convo, i just saw pool etc.
If its possible, i voted [and here commenting] , please enable it, since 90%+ monitors produced from 2016 + are 22 Inch and more. With that said , it would benefit the truthfull Dota gamers to have the -cam option.
Personally , its frustrating to play DoTA on 26 inch monitor that on the wall 2 feet away. While having 800 cam distance..