Author Topic: Metal Music  (Read 63825 times)

Offline dark_mesiah

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: METAL topic
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2010, 12:44 »
Discus about taste is pointless. I dont like black 2. I also dont consider gothic and heavy/power as metal. For me its POP ^^

...im not catching your drift , im not very good with genres either !  ;D but i think you made a mistake in that statement...metal and heavy metal are not the same thing...they are separate genres themselves - they came from (real) rock n roll(someone would argue this but i dont care)... heres an easy example :
Metallica , Slayer , Megadeth , Anthrax , Opeth , (and so on) => Heavy Metal
Korn , Slipknot , Soilwork , Machine Head , (and so on) => Metal

like i said im not good with genres mostly cos i dont care about them but this ,imo, is basic stuff ^^

This is not true, HM's roots are in blues and blues-rock. Today HM is considered a genre of rock, but mainly because of the strong hard rock influence that started during the 80's. Also there is no difference between metal and heavy metal.

Offline Ajax

• Newbie Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2010, 13:45 »
 Black metal is an extreme subgenre of heavy metal. It often uses fast tempos, shrieked vocals, highly distorted guitars played with mid- to high-range tremolo picking, blast beat drumming, and unconventional song structure.
 Death metal is an extreme subgenre of heavy metal. It typically employs heavily distorted guitars, tremolo picking, deep growling vocals, blast beat drumming, minor keys or atonality, and complex song structures with multiple tempo changes.
 If it comes to Black metal listen to Mayhem - Freezing Moon

Offline ramb.O

• El micro y yo
    • View Profile
    • Awards
LoL
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2010, 07:16 »
Omfg' all fucking heavys will dominate the world!

Stop it << make reagge + rap! :D

Bob marli + Eminem :DDDDDDDDDDD
BB

Offline Z0Di4C

• Retired Moderator
  • Lets Put a Smile on That Face !
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2010, 11:26 »
Ramb.O you softy !  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Domagoj

• Pro Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2010, 13:28 »
:-\ :-\ :-\ thrash is heavy metal (i just named those for cos thrash is my fav)
 its a HM subgenre

Heavy metal > Thrash Doom Death Power etc
Metal > Numetal Rapcore Deathcore MelodicDM etc

no, you got it all wrong. Heavy metal is just the first genre of metal that emerged, so its basically the father of all metal. Later came thrash, death, power, black... And those are all genres of metal, not of heavy metal.
And why do you think black sucks? Every point that you made can relate to death too. I know its up to everyone to choose what to listen to, but there are some really great bands, just like there are tons and tons of bad bands.

And Quon, how can you say heavy metal is not metal if that is where it all came from. I mean i dont listen to it alot, except for Iron Maiden and Judas, but its metal..

Offline Z0Di4C

• Retired Moderator
  • Lets Put a Smile on That Face !
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2010, 13:53 »
...yes i admit i am ttly wrong regarding the genres mostly because i dont care about them...
...i should make a correction of my statement  : when i say Heavy Metal i think of thrash death speed black etc. and when i say Metal i think of nu-metal melodic dm metalcore etc.
 its just a simple classification of mine it isnt correct in your opinion but thats how i see it...and i dont care what wikipedia says - this is my opinion !

CHEERS !  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Tomoroth

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2010, 15:58 »
Wow didn't know this would evolve to such an infantile (and ignorant btw) discussion.
Gj @ Ajax for providing unbiased info and not telling someone a certain genre of music sux just because you don't like it (I'm reffering to Z0di4c's original post :P).
Black metal, like most extreme metal music genres, is a kind of music you need to acquire a taste for. I know very few ppl who immediately liked it at their first listening (at least not the old school kind, there are a lot of subgenres which are perhaps more "friendly" to a first-listener). This doesn't apply only to extreme metal genres, but to other music genres (i.e. acid fusion, trip-hop, minimal psytrance and such).
Stop calling me "Tomorrow".

Offline juakiz

• All u need is love <3
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2010, 18:50 »
i was listening this kind of music since i have around 6 years old (my sisters influence)... and i have 27. im not an expert and im not all day listening this and studying from genres, terminology, etc.. but i thought that "metal" is all genres.. and then u can find lot of kinds of metal (black metal, power metal, speed metal, progressive metal, death metal, nu metal, rap metal, alternative metal, etc..). I thought also that heavy metal was first metal and have influences of groups who comes from blues (playing blues as his own style)... then each band play his own different style and then call it by other way.. other bands recive influences etc..

and last i want to say... i just love that shit ! xDD (ofc allways exist shitty bands and shitty songs, and i know if u hear something a lot, finally u will like it xD)

PS: Linkin Park O_O !!  WTF!

Offline yaphets_

• Nevermore Master
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2010, 18:52 »
you want reall havy metal? take a looke of this!

it retains my memorys :((
who had never made a mistake, has never tried anything new ;)~albert einstein

Offline juakiz

• All u need is love <3
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2010, 19:33 »

this remind me lost times...

Offline Silver

• Retired Moderator
  • WickedSick Member
  • Awards Trumpeter- Music Quiz #3 [COMMON] Winner of 1 Photoshop Challenge Contest [COMMON] Winner of 1 Photo Manipulation Contest [COMMON] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] GFX staff member [RARE] Tours staff member [RARE] Forum staff member [RARE] Patreon Supporter [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2010, 19:36 »
Try this one guys.

Offline juakiz

• All u need is love <3
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2010, 23:42 »

Offline Silver

• Retired Moderator
  • WickedSick Member
  • Awards Trumpeter- Music Quiz #3 [COMMON] Winner of 1 Photoshop Challenge Contest [COMMON] Winner of 1 Photo Manipulation Contest [COMMON] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] GFX staff member [RARE] Tours staff member [RARE] Forum staff member [RARE] Patreon Supporter [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2010, 23:55 »

this remind me lost times...

You can say that again xD

Offline Domagoj

• Pro Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2010, 00:24 »