Author Topic: DotA 2  (Read 12747 times)

Offline MyUberNick

• Founder
  • WickedSick Member
  • Awards Lagabuse Legend LA High Staff [EPIC] MVP Member [LEGENDARY] LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC]
    • View Profile
    • Awards

Offline joyjoy

• Movie Nerd
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Enjoyjoy your life
  • Awards Winner of 1 Signature of the Week Contest [COMMON] Winner of 1 Photoshop Challenge Contest [COMMON] GFX staff member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • AE arts by joyjoy
    • Awards
Re: Dota 2
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2010, 22:10 »
Cooooooool.
Fuck you HoN&Lol.
;D yy HoN sux this will be original DotA in new graphic coat  ;)
but questions - pay for play? and stronger PCs?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PS: cant reach destination to linked page ??? its so overhelmed server or what and tried even from original IceFrogs blog  :o

Offline mrNiceguy

• Honored member
  • GodLike Member
  • Guess who's back :D
    • View Profile
    • When injustice becomes a LAW, resistance becomes a duty
    • Awards
Re: DotA 2
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2010, 22:14 »
Cooooooool.
Fuck you HoN&Lol.
;D yy HoN sux this will be original DotA in new graphic coat  ;)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PS: cant reach destination to linked page ??? its so overhelmed server or what and tried even from original IceFrogs blog  :o

So 1: if need to pay for play = finnaly I am going out of warcraft
     2: if need to buy better comp = finnaly I am going out of warfcraft

:D
when we were fighting againt the biggest power hunger i ever met, MrNiceGuy. Now i see him in you, no, you became way worse than him. He at least had some heart, he cared about ppl who were with him all the time.

Offline Z0Di4C

• Retired Moderator
  • Lets Put a Smile on That Face !
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2010, 22:20 »
Well, IMHO Icefrog worked hard withoud being paid any cash at all too long...

icefrog doesnt work on his own , he has a staff...and do you honestly think that there is no money involved ? DotA brought WarIII back to gamers' attention and to the map of all pc games ... if it werent for dota there wouldnt be warcraft imo , at least not to such extent as today ...

+1

those are the two biggest issues ... but i dont think that DotA2 will require monster PC configs...imo it should be very reasonable (as far as requirements go) as the rest of Valve's games...so that leaves the price as THE ISSUE...

any opinions on the price ??? i say 20-30 $ / 15-20 Euros

Offline joyjoy

• Movie Nerd
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Enjoyjoy your life
  • Awards Winner of 1 Signature of the Week Contest [COMMON] Winner of 1 Photoshop Challenge Contest [COMMON] GFX staff member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • AE arts by joyjoy
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2010, 00:07 »
So 1: if need to pay for play = finnaly I am going out of warcraft
     2: if need to buy better comp = finnaly I am going out of warfcraft

:D

;D thats an argumant no doubt  ;D

Offline Natura Sonoris

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • Alternating Current
  • Awards Forum staff member [RARE] GFX staff member [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2010, 02:33 »

I just wonder hows gameplay? i mean aatckign creeps,magic etc

Offline yaphets_

• Nevermore Master
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2010, 06:16 »
The rumors ...
Here's the link to the official article http://gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2010/10/13/dota-2-announced-details.aspx

This link won't open i tryed many times anyways when it will be released?
who had never made a mistake, has never tried anything new ;)~albert einstein

Offline iNK

• WickedSick Member
  • U.S.A
    • View Profile
    • Dotalicious
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2010, 07:23 »
The rumors ...
Here's the link to the official article http://gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2010/10/13/dota-2-announced-details.aspx

This link won't open i tryed many times anyways when it will be released?
Was released already, don't know what is wrong with that website right now but it is taking ages to load

Offline yaphets_

• Nevermore Master
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2010, 09:14 »
where i could play this game? :O

Offline Shagon

• Pro Member
  • Topic Author
  • The Angel of Malice
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2010, 10:20 »

After a long wait and all the rumors Valve has announced official release of DotA 2 in 2011 which will be released on both Mac & PC. As you may already know, IceFrog was hired by Valve in late 2009 for the development of most popular Warcraft 3 Mod - DotA. Now, they are about to release Valve DotA 2 in which the whole DotA concept will be ported in upgraded manner.

The vital change in DotA 2 is that it will run on Valve's Source Engine which will remove all the Warcraft 3 limitations. All the heroes, items, terrain, buildings will be ported same as in current version of DotA. Anyone who plays Warcraft 3 - Dota will instantly recognize DotA 2. However, there are still some things which are new in DotA 2.

Following are some features Valve introduced about incoming DotA 2:

In-game Voice Chat:
DotA 2 will have integrated voice chat feature which will allow players to communicate during game without using 3rd party software.

Leaver AI replacement:
Disconnected players will be replaced by AI bots which will take control over the hero. It will be available in unranked matches.

Heroes Voice:
DotA 2 will feature new voice work. You'll get amusing lines from heroes as they deny the enemy team last hits on creeps, and champions who have backstory connections will trade quips when nearby.

Rewards & Matchmaking System:
Valve is using it's traditional Steamworks as a matchmaking & community rewards system which will allow you to create in-game rewards for participating in community forums.

Coaching & Training System:
Once again, Valve is coming with a great innovation of coaching system which will be used to train a beginner to learn DotA 2 to sustain a respectable position in the community. It will allow veteran players to login as a coach. Coach can see beginner's screen and can get private voice chat during the game.

It is indeed a revolutionary & surprise step taken by Valve by entering in the world of MMO-RTS games with the help of IceFrog. Finally, DotA Fans had some relief after hearing some of the features of the upcoming DotA 2. The upgraded heroes are still looking remarkable in the images.  It's good that Valve DotA 2 team revealed something but fans will still consider it as a drop in a ocean that IceFrog still refused to disclose his name in the community.

Stay tuned for the further updates, PlayDotA.eu will be your final stop for all the news & updates for DotA 2.

Offline Boramir

• Retired Moderator
  • WickedSick Member
  • hmm?
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2010, 10:27 »
morphling looks nice.

rylai 's model is very important also ^^
Quote from: vluggejappie
omg noob bora owned us:S
[p]
i heard from several people that boramir sucks at dota and in rage he always is PLUGGER

Offline Natura Sonoris

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • Alternating Current
  • Awards Forum staff member [RARE] GFX staff member [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2010, 11:46 »
Soon this will be playdota2.eu ^^

Offline yaphets_

• Nevermore Master
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2010, 12:21 »
this is a map for wcr3 or a game it self i dont understand i am lazy to read plz tell me xD

Offline Natura Sonoris

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • Alternating Current
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2010, 12:31 »
Game itself...maybe it will be camera like in dota or maybe in wow which is more appropiate because gameplay needs big changes so dota 2 can succed because none will play if it is same

Offline iNK

• WickedSick Member
  • U.S.A
    • View Profile
    • Dotalicious
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2010, 14:15 »
Game itself...maybe it will be camera like in dota or maybe in wow which is more appropiate because gameplay needs big changes so dota 2 can succed because none will play if it is same
So your saying, you would have liked the game to be any different? I am sure there will be new heroes and items by the time it is released. I would get it even if it was exactly the same. Better graphics + same gameplay, what more could you ask for?  ;D