Author Topic: Old DotA  (Read 9288 times)

Offline [kosarkas]

• WickedSick Member
  • Topic Author
  • Ooohhh...You know I don't give a fuck!!!
  • Awards Submitted more than 15 useful myths [EPIC]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Old DotA
« on: August 21, 2012, 13:37 »
Div my man the early maps were not balanced :)) Sentinel had the top creeps 2 times stronger than scourge creeps if i recall it correctly(The map where riki had death ward and invis on lvl5 :)) )

Offline GREED

• greedisgood
  • Retired Moderator
  • WickedSick Member
  • Awards Winner of 1 Signature of the Week Contest [COMMON] Winner of 1 Photoshop Challenge Contest [COMMON] Tours staff member [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • you bored?
    • Awards
Re: Old DotA
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2012, 15:33 »
Div my man the early maps were not balanced :)) Sentinel had the top creeps 2 times stronger than scourge creeps if i recall it correctly(The map where riki had death ward and invis on lvl5 :)) )

and manta was made ouf of diffusal; hex from eul and aganim was smtng completely diffrent.. thoose vere days :P
zgcsm_Mqth1_J7_OJM62_Jp_Ecgo6c_YSIh_VTn_LZv_PIf_Aet_Yqq_MDjt_FQs_Ow_Bm_Kf_AWtig_XM_large_2" border="0

Spoiler for Dota SUTMoH Top 10 Vol 3  :

Offline [kosarkas]

• WickedSick Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2012, 15:38 »
That was even earlier than the time hex was made from euls(it had 9 or 8 charges) and oblivion staff if i recall correctly, and aghanims was made from soul booster and mystic staff and it was for like 10-15 heroes...

Btw i've stoped playing dota for like 20-30 versions and when i got back there was a new mode "SD" and some1 asked for swap i was like wtf how can i swap(we used to switch PCs when we played in a net club if we didnt want to play a certain hero) so they told me and I asked a guy to give me enchantress thinking it was like in the old days. Pure pwnage from lvl 1, but noooo IceFrog switched her ulti with her 1st spell and I was like FFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU! :D First spell untouchable WTF!!!!!!  >:( >:( >:(    ;D ;D
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 15:45 by [kosarkas] »

Offline RoxXan

• Advanced Member
  • Still ballin' !
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2012, 15:45 »
and could buy aegies afaik... those were days yes... old silencer ftw, old warlock, old imba enchantres veno viper qq
Jedva cekam poskupljenje mesa, da za kurac kupim mercedesa.

Offline [kosarkas]

• WickedSick Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2012, 16:07 »
But old naix was sth else :D

Offline Blind_Joker

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • Server Account: Blind_Joker
    PSR: Loading
    Games: Loading
    Wins/Loses: Loading/Loading
    Hero K/D/A: Loading
    Creep K/D/N: Loading
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Patreon Supporter [RARE] Hacks staff member [RARE] Tours staff member [RARE] IHRL Member [RARE] IHRL Champion [EPIC] IHRL Legend [LEGENDARY]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2012, 16:09 »
Well I remember Riki with his previous ulti... Death Ward I think. Ftw those times hehe :D
But I see its going in offtopic :/

Offline Astaroth

• Satan Admin
  • Honored member
  • GodLike Member
  • Blood for the Blood God!
  • Awards Forum staff member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2012, 16:52 »

Signature by Rocka

Offline div.ide

• Honored member
  • WickedSick Member
  • Awards Winner of 1 Challenge of the Week [COMMON] Forum staff member [RARE] Drummer - Music Quiz #2 [RARE] Trumpeter- Music Quiz #3 [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2012, 18:37 »
I called "ancient times" where "everything was balanced" with pure sarcasm :P
It's the backdoor criers that find everything they can't cope with imbalanced that made me do this.

Well, TBH I only really played some v6.42 era maps with AI (still laughing at my attempts to outcarry old naix with CM :D), then couple of updates, and didn't go online until like, 6.60? Anyway, somewhere around the point where WR and Kunkka were introduced, and 5x Old Aghanim OD raped everything.

I also recall playing old, Eul dota with friend couple of times (note - Dragon Knight was present there and didn't change at all since then :D well, maybe beside numbers and rescaling from 10lvl to 25lvl model), and briefly 5.84c,it was ported to work with recent patches, I think it also works with 1.26a and it's in PD map database... Nostalgia match anyone? :D

I read some articles about all those old stupidly overpowered heroes like 40-spell invoker or Void Demon, kinda regret I didn't know about DotA back then :(

Astaroth, actually this thread could be split into two parts, just get old DotA discussion away to cut out offtopic from there and give it separate thread. Somehow I think this discussion might get a few more posts.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 18:52 by div.ide »
01010111 01100101 01101100 01101100 00100000 01100100 01101111 01101110 01100101 00101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110010 01100100 00101110

Offline donjacrtasamir

• WickedSick Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2012, 10:25 »
DOTA History - Old Invoker

Spoiler for Hiden:

DOTA History - Visage, Necro'lic

Spoiler for Hiden:

DOTA History - Ezalor, Keeper of the Light

Spoiler for Hiden:

DOTA History - Nerubian Assassin

Spoiler for Hiden:
If your frightened of dying, and your holding on. You'll see devils tearing your life away but if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels,... Freeing you from the earth

Offline vaikiss

• MonsterKill Member
  • Imbalanced Gaming 4 Life
  • Awards Rubick Tournament Winner Admiral Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Windrunner Tour Winner [RARE] 1v1 AR Tour Winner [RARE] 5v5 Night Cup Winner [EPIC] 1v1 Nevermore Tour Winner [RARE] Best Couple (2v2) Tour Winner [RARE] Troll Madness Winner [UNIQUE] Footman Tour Winner Award [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • QuakeLive-Best Fps EVAH!
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2012, 10:57 »
lol i remmember all this like it happend yesterday

God Walking Amongst Mere Mortals

Offline Eo

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2012, 13:48 »
doom was imba back then

Offline vaikiss

• MonsterKill Member
  • Imbalanced Gaming 4 Life
  • Awards Rubick Tournament Winner Admiral Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Windrunner Tour Winner [RARE] 1v1 AR Tour Winner [RARE] 5v5 Night Cup Winner [EPIC] 1v1 Nevermore Tour Winner [RARE] Best Couple (2v2) Tour Winner [RARE] Troll Madness Winner [UNIQUE] Footman Tour Winner Award [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • QuakeLive-Best Fps EVAH!
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2012, 13:49 »
doom was shit back then

only last updates when he got this new devour with skills and so made him such a strong hero ( and yet uber useless anyway)

God Walking Amongst Mere Mortals

Offline Eo

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2012, 13:52 »
i liked him anyway   ::)

Offline [kosarkas]

• WickedSick Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2012, 15:55 »
I love it when I start topics when I'm sleepwalking and can't even remember when that happened :))

Anyways I remember when I played brood first time and I read on the ulti that it gives dmg but 60% lifesteal so I didn't want to activate it cause I thought it would take 60% of my health for that dmg it gives me haahhahahahaha so fucking epic xD

Offline GREED

• greedisgood
  • Retired Moderator
  • WickedSick Member
  • Awards Winner of 1 Signature of the Week Contest [COMMON] Winner of 1 Photoshop Challenge Contest [COMMON] Tours staff member [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • you bored?
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2012, 16:03 »
im jsut sad that they removed forest sentinel from roof few versions ago. it was and still is my fav spell... focken loved that birds :(
zgcsm_Mqth1_J7_OJM62_Jp_Ecgo6c_YSIh_VTn_LZv_PIf_Aet_Yqq_MDjt_FQs_Ow_Bm_Kf_AWtig_XM_large_2" border="0

Spoiler for Dota SUTMoH Top 10 Vol 3  :