Author Topic: Future improvements!  (Read 2578 times)

guest49825

Re: Future improvements!
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2018, 08:30 »
I was suggesting to make tours more automatically

How exactly do you want it to work?

Well i should dig to find that thread with more detailed suggestions
And i`m not going to do that
Nothing will be changed anyway, so why should i waste the time finding

Firstly, try solving that ignorance problem, then we can discuss/implement some
As we know now, Fatality can help too

Offline cen

• Eurobattle.net Admin
  • WickedSick Member
  • Lok'tar Ogar
  • Awards Lagabuse Legend LA High Staff [EPIC] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] MVP Member [LEGENDARY]
    • View Profile
    • EuroBattle.net
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2018, 12:28 »
With full time job and involvment in some related bnet projects I can dedicate 1-2 hours a day to work on this server if I'm lucky. There is already a huge todo list in mod area that is waiting for me and people always have more good ideas, it's just no good if nobody can work on them.

Work is being done on forums by non-programmers because that is one area which they know how to improve so I don't see a problem in that.

There is work on web tools (warden), bot improvements, there is also work which does not need me at all like test and upbring 1.29 on w3l and pvpgn or finish 1.26 version switching in the client to support 6.88.

When you offered help I gave you relative simple task which would take a few weeks to do. Not every task has to be some major improvement for the players, some are technical and need to be done so we can move forward. For example, with REST API exposing whole lagabuse data we could add stats and ladder to the client, list active games, allow you to join a game from the client (I believe some other client made this work somehow).. the list goes on. It's not a dumb or useless project at all, it's the first step for other improvements.

My point is, I couldn't just give you access to all the stuff from the beginning. I can't just share bot and gproxy code with anyone who claims is willing to help, I need to trust the person first.

guest49825

« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2018, 12:53 »
Well, ok
I could not say my real opinion about it due to my respect to you actually :/
But after some time it annoyed (along with retarded players that are being here)

We still can do this task if it is really important.

You, as programmer, can understand me (maybe) - you can`t work on something when you do not fully understand the idea. Even if the task is simple. Actually, especially when task is simple.
And i am having full time job too, so it is ok, i understand your 1-2 hours. I`m usually spending it for playing+streaming here, you know.

By the way, i thought my domain of the mail could give you idea that i`m working in well known mobile game-dev company, so i`m the one you could trust on.

@cen

I see the  part of main idea now, so i am continuing to work on it.
@FataLity- come help me then; You as student-programmer should have even more time than mine and cen's together :D

Offline cyb

• GFX Pro Member
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Server Account: cyb
    PSR: Loading
    Games: Loading
    Wins/Loses: Loading/Loading
    Hero K/D/A: Loading
    Creep K/D/N: Loading
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Winner of 3 Photo Manipulation Contest [RARE] Archer Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Winner of 5 Challenges of the Week [EPIC] Winner of 1 Signature of the Week Contest [COMMON] The Predator Tour Winner [RARE] Tournaments Contribution [RARE] Leshrac 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Invoker 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC] Dealing with multiple GFX requests [EPIC] Patreon Supporter [RARE] Winner of 5 Daily Tours [COMMON] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] Techies 1v1 Tour Winner [RARE] Invoker Wars Tournament [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Nevermore Tour Winner [RARE] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2018, 13:20 »
Honestly people in past had and still has good ideas for this community. Its not question if thats in-game improvement or out-game improvements(forum) still didnt make some "major" jump up. Dont get me wrong we all have full time job some of us working two jobs or so but you should consider about making some "major" improve in all fields of community.

Offline cen

• Eurobattle.net Admin
  • WickedSick Member
  • Lok'tar Ogar
  • Awards Lagabuse Legend LA High Staff [EPIC] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] MVP Member [LEGENDARY]
    • View Profile
    • EuroBattle.net
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2018, 13:25 »
I am not saying you absolutely 100% must finish that if you don't feel like it's that important. If you'd like to really improve stuff immediatelly for players you can work on the 1.26+6.88 client support for example. People want to try it out but it's a big task. There are others ofc.. we can discuss whatever.

You never told me that you don't want to finish it so I just assumed you bailed out.

Offline cyb

• GFX Pro Member
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Server Account: cyb
    PSR: Loading
    Games: Loading
    Wins/Loses: Loading/Loading
    Hero K/D/A: Loading
    Creep K/D/N: Loading
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Winner of 3 Photo Manipulation Contest [RARE] Archer Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Winner of 5 Challenges of the Week [EPIC] Winner of 1 Signature of the Week Contest [COMMON] The Predator Tour Winner [RARE] Tournaments Contribution [RARE] Leshrac 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Invoker 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC] Dealing with multiple GFX requests [EPIC] Patreon Supporter [RARE] Winner of 5 Daily Tours [COMMON] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] Techies 1v1 Tour Winner [RARE] Invoker Wars Tournament [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Nevermore Tour Winner [RARE] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2018, 13:32 »
There are others ofc.. we can discuss whatever.

- Client
- Game GFX
- Forum

@cen

Offline Silver

• Retired Moderator
  • WickedSick Member
  • Awards Trumpeter- Music Quiz #3 [COMMON] Winner of 1 Photoshop Challenge Contest [COMMON] Winner of 1 Photo Manipulation Contest [COMMON] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] GFX staff member [RARE] Tours staff member [RARE] Forum staff member [RARE] Patreon Supporter [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2018, 18:21 »
Crazy idea, insane idea, after 6 years of LA, 14 years of Xpam, isn't it time we merge into one big forum? Why was this idea dismissed again? too much work? better with two pages and bouncing from one to another, this forum is much more active, if we make one out of two...I know, crazy idea, insane idea, yet...doable?

Offline Silver

• Retired Moderator
  • WickedSick Member
  • Awards Trumpeter- Music Quiz #3 [COMMON] Winner of 1 Photoshop Challenge Contest [COMMON] Winner of 1 Photo Manipulation Contest [COMMON] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] GFX staff member [RARE] Tours staff member [RARE] Forum staff member [RARE] Patreon Supporter [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2018, 00:46 »
Well I didn't mean overnight, I just started with crazy idea cause I know it ain't easy but not impossible, we are one big happy family and I thought after all these years we can make a major change that will blow people's minds, I know, far fetched and complex but still, was just a crazy idea xD

Offline AGENT

• Honored member
  • MonsterKill Member
  • DODJI UKLJUCI !!!
  • Awards 2nd place on GFX Ladder 2018 [UNIQUE] Winning 5 seasons of Football Betting [LEGENDARY] Winner of 10 Photo Manipulation Contest [LEGENDARY] Violinist - Music Quiz #1 [EPIC] 2nd place on GFX Ladder 2017 [UNIQUE] Winner of 5 Signature of the Week Contest [EPIC] Winner of 5 Photoshop Challenge Contests [EPIC] Jungle Race Tour Winner [RARE] 1v1 Nevermore Tour Winner [RARE] Winner of 20 Daily Tours [EPIC] Winner of 5 MadBalls Tours [LEGENDARY] Invoker 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] GodLike Tournament Member [LEGENDARY] Tours staff member [RARE] Winner of Admins Cup [LEGENDARY] LA Ladder #3 [LEGENDARY] Best Tours mod of the month 5 times in a row [LEGENDARY] 1v1 AR Tour Winner [RARE] Challenge Accepted [RARE] Deer Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2018, 01:01 »
Or just put some MAJOR redirect button on most visible place on both forums :D

Offline div.ide

• Honored member
  • WickedSick Member
  • Awards Winner of 1 Challenge of the Week [COMMON] Forum staff member [RARE] Drummer - Music Quiz #2 [RARE] Trumpeter- Music Quiz #3 [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2018, 12:23 »
That's still technically two completely separate acounts to manage. You know how it is. Ain't nobody got time fo' that.
01010111 01100101 01101100 01101100 00100000 01100100 01101111 01101110 01100101 00101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110010 01100100 00101110