Author Topic: Beginner's luck? Stupidity infection?  (Read 4967 times)

Offline LEEKING2005

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Beginner's luck? Stupidity infection?
« on: September 19, 2016, 21:00 »
http://dota.eurobattle.net/la/forum/index.php?action=gameinfo;sa=game;gid=5967515

It was a typical boring wtf game initially, bunch of noobs players all focusing on kill-steal item, then go YOLO mode and feed 1 by 1.

Then suddenly without warning, they all just starting to claim we lose the game and kept stating we should defend in our base and let the opposite team take all the farming resource on DotA map...

I failed to see how passively defending gonna win us the game instead of cost us a game with our full early game heroes lineup and noobs item build, but I can do nothing with all those noob decision.

After we lost a few team fights and buildings in base due passively defend (I fail to see how to carry them if I can't even converting creep in forest as enchantress), suddenly we won the game by picking up item on ground...

Please see the game replay and tell me how I won the game, I was like lol how can passively defend like noobs and hide in base without farming can win you a game?

Also I don't know why they claiming we lost the game in middle stage, we are almost pushing up until their throne until they go all full YOLO mode.

If you was demanded to give a rating for stupidity, please rate this game from 1-10.

Offline Seohyun-

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Beginner's luck? Stupidity infection?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2016, 21:35 »
Ni hao Lee. I see u still buying bm on every hero.  :o

Offline Astaroth

• Satan Admin
  • Honored member
  • GodLike Member
  • Blood for the Blood God!
  • Awards Forum staff member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2016, 21:57 »
You need to defend actively.

You have advantage of high ground, enemy can't see you up there + range heroes can miss. You also have tower helping you.

If enemy pushes, most of their creeps survive and you can easily last hit them in your base.

By this tactic you force enemy to do the first step, to attack you in your base, to initiate. One mistake and you kill 2 of them. This happens few times and you are no longer truly weaker.

Then they get Rapier and same mistake happens again.

I can imagine communication in this game so I'm pretty sure this is what happend.

Signature by Rocka

Offline LEEKING2005

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2016, 23:42 »

You have advantage of high ground, enemy can't see you up there + range heroes can miss. You also have tower helping you.

If enemy pushes, most of their creeps survive and you can easily last hit them in your base.

By this tactic you force enemy to do the first step, to attack you in your base, to initiate. One mistake and you kill 2 of them. This happens few times and you are no longer truly weaker.

I can imagine communication in this game so I'm pretty sure this is what happend.

Nope, just make sure you don't get out of base they are auto-win after 10 minutes by having the 100% map control (which mean all gold and exp sources on the map).

Pros just don't make mistake in finishing game, or team fight, your assumption is they will constant make mistake. In pros game team-fight initiation is the key to win, if your team always get initiate by butcher hook, chrono, echo stomp, jugg ulti etc the game is already end.

Not to mention aegis, camp stacking, tower pushing skill  and the structure gold bonuses they will get as bonuses advantages.

For me, hiding in base = 100% lose, at least it is how sk get 3 divine and 2 aegis in this game.

Offline Blast

• Retired Moderator
  • WickedSick Member
  • A normal life is boring
  • Awards Winner of 1 Photo Manipulation Contest [COMMON] Winner of 5 Photoshop Challenge Contests [EPIC] Forum staff member [RARE] 3rd place on GFX Ladder 2016 [UNIQUE] GFX staff member [RARE] 3rd place in Special Event #2 [UNIQUE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2016, 23:51 »
Its DOTA mate anything can happen :) . By the name you can understand that its DEFEND of the Ancients.

Offline Akuma

• HolyShit Member
  • Awards Making 50 bets in Footbal Betting [COMMON] Winner of 1 Photoshop Challenge Contest [COMMON] Jungle Race Tour Winner [RARE] Winner of 5 Uther Party Tours Castle Fight Winner [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2016, 23:56 »
Its DOTA mate anything can happen :) . By the name you can understand that its DEFEND of the Ancients.

Defense*
I was confused with this, and it was not only once, but it happens from time to time to /w wrong bot. If it was changed to la-custom or custom-la everyone would understand why is like that. But like this you must to read on forum to understand, even if you don't understand..

Offline Blast

• Retired Moderator
  • WickedSick Member
  • Awards Winner of 1 Photo Manipulation Contest [COMMON] Winner of 5 Photoshop Challenge Contests [EPIC] Forum staff member [RARE] 3rd place on GFX Ladder 2016 [UNIQUE] GFX staff member [RARE] 3rd place in Special Event #2 [UNIQUE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2016, 00:00 »

Defense*
Lol Fu you Akuma xD

Offline LEEKING2005

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2016, 00:00 »

Defense*

If we play the game DEFEND of the ancient literally, did that mean we all do nothing but hide and chat in fountain and the game will automatically win?

No, we win the game by destroying opponent's throne.

You can try your DEFEND of the ancient method, I'm sure you are a good DotA player.  ???

Offline Astaroth

• Satan Admin
  • Honored member
  • GodLike Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2016, 00:17 »

Nope, just make sure you don't get out of base they are auto-win after 10 minutes by having the 100% map control (which mean all gold and exp sources on the map).

Pros just don't make mistake in finishing game, or team fight, your assumption is they will constant make mistake. In pros game team-fight initiation is the key to win, if your team always get initiate by butcher hook, chrono, echo stomp, jugg ulti etc the game is already end.

Not to mention aegis, camp stacking, tower pushing skill  and the structure gold bonuses they will get as bonuses advantages.

For me, hiding in base = 100% lose, at least it is how sk get 3 divine and 2 aegis in this game.
Ofc I assume they will make this mistake. And I assume they will repeat it several times.
Why? This wasn't pro game by far, this was LA.com 1580 PSR game.
That's why I don't need to watch the replay to know that they most likely pushed one lane, when it got to your base they just stood outside, watched you killing creeps and waiting for another wave.
They killed the new wave and watched you how you killed their wave.
After several awkward minutes of waiting they failed to initiate and died.

And the fact that they had whole map available in kinda irrelevant.

Signature by Rocka

Offline Blast

• Retired Moderator
  • WickedSick Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2016, 00:41 »

Defense*

If we play the game DEFEND of the ancient literally, did that mean we all do nothing but hide and chat in fountain and the game will automatically win?

You can try your DEFEND of the ancient method, I'm sure you are a good DotA player.  ???
Its about knowing when to act, if you look at games view either your team or another team has to defend isn't that right?
Spoiler for Hiden:
To reach the Ancient first you need to get through the towers. Towers are meant to be defended too. The basics of game. :)

Offline Akuma

• HolyShit Member
  • Awards Making 50 bets in Footbal Betting [COMMON] Winner of 1 Photoshop Challenge Contest [COMMON] Jungle Race Tour Winner [RARE] Winner of 5 Uther Party Tours Castle Fight Winner [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2016, 02:26 »

Defense*

Attack is the best Defense :)
I was confused with this, and it was not only once, but it happens from time to time to /w wrong bot. If it was changed to la-custom or custom-la everyone would understand why is like that. But like this you must to read on forum to understand, even if you don't understand..

Offline cyb

• GFX Pro Member
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Server Account: cyb
    PSR: Loading
    Games: Loading
    Wins/Loses: Loading/Loading
    Hero K/D/A: Loading
    Creep K/D/N: Loading
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Winner of 3 Photo Manipulation Contest [RARE] Archer Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Winner of 5 Challenges of the Week [EPIC] Winner of 1 Signature of the Week Contest [COMMON] The Predator Tour Winner [RARE] Tournaments Contribution [RARE] Leshrac 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Invoker 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC] Dealing with multiple GFX requests [EPIC] Patreon Supporter [RARE] Winner of 5 Daily Tours [COMMON] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] Techies 1v1 Tour Winner [RARE] Invoker Wars Tournament [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Nevermore Tour Winner [RARE] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2016, 02:37 »

Defense*

Not in game called "Riziko"

Offline CoMMoN1337

• WickedSick Member
  • twitch.tv/RobertC1337
  • Awards Rubick Tournament Winner Pudge 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Invoker 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Admiral Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Windrunner Tour Winner [RARE] Techies 1v1 Tour Winner [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] 5v5 Night Cup Winner [EPIC] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE] 1v1 Nevermore Tour Winner [RARE] Best Couple (2v2) Tour Winner [RARE] Puck Tournament Winner Award [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2016, 05:06 »
It is absolutely mind boggling how clueless you are, thread opener.

Player: leeking2005

Player info
    Ladder stats
    Ladder games
    Custom games

Total ladder games:    132    Current PSR:    1585
Wins:    59 (44%)    Highest PSR:    1603
Loses:    62 (46%)    Kills / Deaths:    0.6
Draws:    11 (8%)    Assists / Deaths:    1.6
Observed games:    0    (Kills + Assists) / Deaths:    2.2
Left games:    0 (0%)
-EM games:    2 (1%)

You even have more fucking losses than wins, on such an unbelievably shitty low skill server, and you think you have a clue how this game works ?

You're not supposed to sit in your fountain for 10 minutes and do nothing you monkey, you're supposed to have a TP ready to defend the base as 5 when they are clearly trying to push it and in the meantime farm the map where no enemy is near you, defending the high ground properly would cause you to have 100% win rate on this shit server, because none of you idiots have any clue how to break the base, you think if you are leading by 1 or 10 kills you have enough of an advantage to break the enemy base while all your enemies are alive, in reality whoever does that is throwing the game ( may not even be throwing, just because you lead in kills doesn't mean you lead in the game ) and should just all die at that moment, but you're all fucking clueless.

I give a rating of stupidity of 10, not just for your enemies but for all of your allies and you as well, because none of you have any clue about the real reason why you won or lost, it just happened due to beginner's luck according to you. Completely clueless.

Offline LEEKING2005

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2016, 13:10 »

Ofc I assume they will make this mistake. And I assume they will repeat it several times.
Why? This wasn't pro game by far, this was LA.com 1580 PSR game.
That's why I don't need to watch the replay to know that they most likely pushed one lane, when it got to your base they just stood outside, watched you killing creeps and waiting for another wave.
They killed the new wave and watched you how you killed their wave.
After several awkward minutes of waiting they failed to initiate and died.

And the fact that they had whole map available in kinda irrelevant.

You are wrong, watch the replay instead, there is no way that kind of player get 3 divine on sk on 40 minutes, even if our team all buy kill-steal item.

I mean human can't be that stupid, even bot is not that stupid, you are exaggerating things.

Defense*

Agreed, good offence is the best defend.

It is absolutely mind boggling how clueless you are, thread opener.

Player: leeking2005

Player info
    Ladder stats
    Ladder games
    Custom games

Total ladder games:    132    Current PSR:    1585
Wins:    59 (44%)    Highest PSR:    1603
Loses:    62 (46%)    Kills / Deaths:    0.6
Draws:    11 (8%)    Assists / Deaths:    1.6
Observed games:    0    (Kills + Assists) / Deaths:    2.2
Left games:    0 (0%)
-EM games:    2 (1%)

You even have more fucking losses than wins, on such an unbelievably shitty low skill server, and you think you have a clue how this game works ?

You're not supposed to sit in your fountain for 10 minutes and do nothing you monkey, you're supposed to have a TP ready to defend the base as 5 when they are clearly trying to push it and in the meantime farm the map where no enemy is near you, defending the high ground properly would cause you to have 100% win rate on this shit server, because none of you idiots have any clue how to break the base, you think if you are leading by 1 or 10 kills you have enough of an advantage to break the enemy base while all your enemies are alive, in reality whoever does that is throwing the game ( may not even be throwing, just because you lead in kills doesn't mean you lead in the game ) and should just all die at that moment, but you're all fucking clueless.

I give a rating of stupidity of 10, not just for your enemies but for all of your allies and you as well, because none of you have any clue about the real reason why you won or lost, it just happened due to beginner's luck according to you. Completely clueless.

That is where you are wrong, and you always were.

I had been playing in US west BattleNet server from 5.84c-6.12 for around 3 years. I had join more than 200 games on "pros only room" (if you played on battle net that time you know what it is) in MY/SG/US and other regions in the mean time and follow countless change-log.

I can tell you honestly in that time the players are far more superior than nowaday dota 2 9k MMR noobs. Also in this game we were win by luck, you just didn't watch the replay, that add on toward the point of how clueless you were when you state you statement. I can tell by

1. I never build kill steal item so it is not possible I leading kill with 2 dagon combo hero.
2. It is not my decision to hide in base and let them get aegis and after that 1st, 2nd and 3rd divine.
3. I don't think my team-mate is low skill, they just purposely throwing, stalling for late game  and going FULL YOLO mode for some reason.

I know the reason why we won al-right, it was because the opposite think they won the team-fight but in reality they are not.

If they didn't get 2 aegis, free structure bonuses and snowballing, or our team-mate didn't go full yolo kill steal mode in the 1st place and feed 1 by 1 we will win this game easily, but in the end their team stupidity overpower our team stupidity cause they think buying divine vs solo kill item team is good idea~ Really the stupidity to buy 3 divine vs 2 dagon hero make me feel real wtf, what make him think he is owning us if not every time our team-mate let him fight with his ulti available by playing passively.

PS: This post is just to share some entertainment value like wtf dota video, I'm not really clueless, at least not in dota~

Offline Astaroth

• Satan Admin
  • Honored member
  • GodLike Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2016, 13:45 »
What thing am I exaggerating?

SK managed to get 2 or 3 Rapiers and lost them all. That is what happend, regarding to your words. Thus there is a way such a player can get 3 Rapiers. Because he did.

I can tell you honestly in that time the players are far more superior than nowaday dota 2 9k MMR noobs. Also in this game we were win by luck, you just didn't watch the replay, that add on toward the point of how clueless you were when you state you statement. I can tell by

1. I never build kill steal item so it is not possible I leading kill with 2 dagon combo hero.
2. It is not my decision to hide in base and let them get aegis and after that 1st, 2nd and 3rd divine.
3. I don't think my team-mate is low skill, they just purposely throwing, stalling for late game  and going FULL YOLO mode for some reason.

I know the reason why we won al-right, it was because the opposite think they won the team-fight but in reality they are not.

If they didn't get 2 aegis, free structure bonuses and snowballing, or our team-mate didn't go full yolo kill steal mode in the 1st place and feed 1 by 1 we will win this game easily, but in the end their team stupidity overpower our team stupidity cause they think buying divine vs solo kill item team is good idea~ Really the stupidity to buy 3 divine vs 2 dagon hero make me feel real wtf, what make him think he is owning us if not every time our team-mate let him fight with his ulti available by playing passively.

PS: This post is just to share some entertainment value like wtf dota video, I'm not really clueless, at least not in dota~
Too bad that these "DotA 2 9k MMR noobs" are world's best players fighting for milions of dollars on big tournaments and you or your "far superior" team mates play 1580 PSR games on LA.com. Nevermind, this is just random comment.

I don't think you were lucky. You won because your enemy wasn't able to finish the game even tho, as you said, your teammates were going to get killed 1 by 1.

If they couldn't finish even tho they had everything they might need or want, they were just extremely bad.
You even said it yourself, let me show you:
in this game we were win by luck
their team stupidity overpower our team stupidity cause they think buying divine vs solo kill item team is good idea
See? No luck, their stupidity let you win the game.

Signature by Rocka