Author Topic: Graphic problems (AOE spells don't show)  (Read 2273 times)

Offline SovetskiyMir

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Graphic problems (AOE spells don't show)
« on: November 15, 2017, 17:04 »
Hello everyone.
For some days i have this problem: some AOE spells don't show, i mean i cast kunkka's torrent and i dont see the spell. It casts it but i dont see anything. Same as BS's silence, morph's waveform , sniper's shrapnel etc.

The day before everything was OK, the next day i open W3 to play and i notice this happens.
I reinstalled the game and the GProxy but nothing changed.

Pls if someone knows how to fix this or have had similar problem in the past and was able to solve it, pls tell me.

I made a video with my cellphone while casting the spells and u can see nothing shows. If u need to see it i can post it here, it may be quite big on MB im sorry.

Best regards

Offline .SaLiH.

• Contributor
  • WickedSick Member
  • http://twitch.tv/hazure97
  • Awards Deer Member LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC] VIP Member [EPIC] Winner of 5 Signature of the Week Contest [EPIC] Winner of 1 Photo Manipulation Contest [COMMON] Winner of 1 Challenge of the Week [COMMON] Winner of 3 Photoshop Challenge Contests [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE] Best Couple (2v2) Tour Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Graphic problems (AOE spells don't show)
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2017, 17:22 »
maybe in video settings you should make high some things. i remember i couldnt see haste when i was making all of them low
SO, IF YOU WILL BE IN THIS STATE EVER, GO AND FIGHT IT, LOL

Offline SovetskiyMir

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2017, 20:00 »
Everything is HIGH.
I haven't changed any options. The day before i played and i hadn't this problem. On the next day the problem was present.... rly don't know what to do.

Admins pls help me i love W3 and i dont' wanna go to dota 2, but if i can't fix this ill return to dota2......

Offline Happy..

• Leader of the notorious Dota7 lobbying group
  • Pro Member
  • Server Account: Fairy.
    PSR: Loading
    Games: Loading
    Wins/Loses: Loading/Loading
    Hero K/D/A: Loading
    Creep K/D/N: Loading
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards DotA 5v5 Tournament Winner [EPIC] LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] VIP Member [EPIC] 5v5 Xmas Tournament Winner [EPIC] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] LA Ladder #4-10 [LEGENDARY] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2017, 21:08 »
Had the same problem numerous of times and having it right now as well.vLast time it happened it got resolved by itself in a week or so.

Offline luke

• ~evil~
  • Contributor
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Server Account: FatAndViolent
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Warlock Tour Winner [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Hacks staff member [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] Best B&U mod of the month 3 times in a row [EPIC] 3rd Place Admins Cup [EPIC] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • My channel
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2017, 21:22 »
Try to launch the game with opengl (tick the box in client) and see if it will change

Offline Happy..

• Pro Member
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards DotA 5v5 Tournament Winner [EPIC] LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] VIP Member [EPIC] 5v5 Xmas Tournament Winner [EPIC] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] LA Ladder #4-10 [LEGENDARY] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2017, 21:45 »
Seems to be working for me. Thanks.

Offline Happy..

• Pro Member
    Show/hide more stats
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2017, 22:19 »
But now my texture is all messed up :/

Offline Happy..

• Pro Member
    Show/hide more stats
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2017, 23:52 »
This solved it for me. Check OpenGL box, try to play a game (your texture will be little messed up) , after that, exit the war3 and client and restart it. Uncheck the OpenGL box and everything should be back as it was.

Offline SovetskiyMir

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2017, 08:30 »
Thank you so much guys!
I used OpenGL and tried a custom game just to see if it works, and it works. Later ill try to play in eurobattle to see if its ok there too.
I will keep you informed.
A BIG THX :)

Offline cen

• Eurobattle.net Admin
  • WickedSick Member
  • Lok'tar Ogar
  • Awards Lagabuse Legend LA High Staff [EPIC] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] MVP Member [LEGENDARY]
    • View Profile
    • EuroBattle.net
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2017, 10:29 »
The weird hacks you guys come up with..

Offline .SaLiH.

• Contributor
  • WickedSick Member
  • Awards Deer Member LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC] VIP Member [EPIC] Winner of 5 Signature of the Week Contest [EPIC] Winner of 1 Photo Manipulation Contest [COMMON] Winner of 1 Challenge of the Week [COMMON] Winner of 3 Photoshop Challenge Contests [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE] Best Couple (2v2) Tour Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2017, 11:22 »
The weird hacks you guys come up with..
you underestimate us, boss

Offline cyb

• GFX Pro Member
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Server Account: cyb
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Winner of 3 Photo Manipulation Contest [RARE] Archer Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Winner of 5 Challenges of the Week [EPIC] Winner of 1 Signature of the Week Contest [COMMON] The Predator Tour Winner [RARE] Tournaments Contribution [RARE] Leshrac 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Invoker 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC] Dealing with multiple GFX requests [EPIC] Patreon Supporter [RARE] Winner of 5 Daily Tours [COMMON] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] Techies 1v1 Tour Winner [RARE] Invoker Wars Tournament [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Nevermore Tour Winner [RARE] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2017, 16:49 »
This solved it for me. Check OpenGL box, try to play a game (your texture will be little messed up) , after that, exit the war3 and client and restart it. Uncheck the OpenGL box and everything should be back as it was.

Take axe and smash ur PC. I think that will work 100%

Offline Happy..

• Pro Member
    Show/hide more stats
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2017, 18:11 »

Nope, I'm pretty sure that's not gonna result in any positive outcome regarding given problem.

Offline cyb

• GFX Pro Member
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Server Account: cyb
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Winner of 3 Photo Manipulation Contest [RARE] Archer Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Winner of 5 Challenges of the Week [EPIC] Winner of 1 Signature of the Week Contest [COMMON] The Predator Tour Winner [RARE] Tournaments Contribution [RARE] Leshrac 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Invoker 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC] Dealing with multiple GFX requests [EPIC] Patreon Supporter [RARE] Winner of 5 Daily Tours [COMMON] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] Techies 1v1 Tour Winner [RARE] Invoker Wars Tournament [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Nevermore Tour Winner [RARE] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2017, 18:19 »

Nope, I'm pretty sure that's not gonna result in any positive outcome regarding given problem.
Result will be positive indeed but u should buy new one after.

Offline .SaLiH.

• Contributor
  • WickedSick Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2017, 09:40 »
actually.. im having same problem now but that didnt solve problem