Author Topic: New Dota map??  (Read 6247 times)

Offline Deynro

• Pro Member
  • Server Account: -deynro-
    PSR: Loading
    Games: Loading
    Wins/Loses: Loading/Loading
    Hero K/D/A: Loading
    Creep K/D/N: Loading
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Contributor [COMMON] Winner of 5 Mirana Wars Tours [LEGENDARY] DotA 5v5 Tournament Winner [EPIC] Archer Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Winner of 5 Pudge Wars Tours [LEGENDARY] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] 5v5 Xmas Tournament Winner [EPIC] Invoker 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] The Predator Tour Winner [RARE] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] Tiny Tournament Winner [RARE] Warlock Tour Winner [RARE] 1v1 Earthshaker Tournament Winner [RARE] Winner of 5 Daily Tours [COMMON] 1v1 Windrunner Tour Winner [RARE] Admiral Tournament Winner [RARE] Leshrac 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Nevermore Tour Winner [RARE] Invoker Wars Tournament [RARE] LA Ladder #4-10 [LEGENDARY]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: New Dota map??
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2018, 00:03 »
0 fucking news , i always have to request it.
Don't give up on your dreams, keep sleeping.

Offline Akuma

• HolyShit Member
  • Awards Making 50 bets in Footbal Betting [COMMON] Winner of 1 Photoshop Challenge Contest [COMMON] Jungle Race Tour Winner [RARE] Winner of 5 Uther Party Tours Castle Fight Winner [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2018, 02:33 »
As always , we are forgotten.
0 fucking news , i always have to request it.

Sorry even we don't know for sure, only Cen does. Trust me many of us (staff members) are very eager know just as much as you are.
I was confused with this, and it was not only once, but it happens from time to time to /w wrong bot. If it was changed to la-custom or custom-la everyone would understand why is like that. But like this you must to read on forum to understand, even if you don't understand..

guest49825

« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2018, 09:48 »
@Deynro, no, you aren`t forgotten, my friend!

There are A LOT of improvements:
http://dota.eurobattle.net/la/forum/index.php?topic=179923.msg641848#msg641848

Please, especially check the:
 ~ New forum look
 ~ New Smileys
 ~ Private areas for important members are now improved
parts.

And, remember, "First impressions are better than expected :)"

Offline luke

• ~evil~
  • Contributor
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Server Account: FatAndViolent
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Warlock Tour Winner [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Hacks staff member [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] Best B&U mod of the month 3 times in a row [EPIC] 3rd Place Admins Cup [EPIC] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • My channel
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2018, 11:10 »
@Deynro, no, you aren`t forgotten, my friend!

There are A LOT of improvements:
http://dota.eurobattle.net/la/forum/index.php?topic=179923.msg641848#msg641848

Please, especially check the:
 ~ New forum look
 ~ New Smileys
 ~ Private areas for important members are now improved
parts.

And, remember, "First impressions are better than expected :)"

Will you ever understand that different things are done by different people? We can do absolutely nothing to speed up the 6.88 gateway, so should we now just sit and wait until its done by cen without trying to work in other fields?

guest49825

« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2018, 12:02 »
- Starting to use ip ban instead of classic (still temporary, but ip one) - you can even make a poll; I bet (in case everyone will vote) that this idea would be accepted by community, but not by staff
- Starting to listen to community - making more interesting tournaments and hosting it two times of the day, not only once (not everyone is able to play tours at only one specific "hardcoded" time of the day)
- Starting to filling the gaps of server activity at 04:00 - 07:00 (UTC) period. There are always 4-8 people waiting for DotA game for hours. Isn`t it a good time to host some funny events officially?
- Starting to knowing the entire DotA envinronment already. There is fucking instability (right now and for at least last 3 months, maybe even more) in some communities like ICCUP / Dota-Void / RGC

God damn, should i really write everything that community needs and what changes can be done by every staff member

'can do absolutely nothing' should be read as 'not interested in this platform that much; i`m feeling ok having powers and status'

Ye, i appreciate, solving requests and managing discord, along with taking part in some activities - this is worth applauses, BUT

Just do not pretend to be surprised then to my reaction on all of this.
Solving requests - useless while bans are avoidable  < Does not affect the server players at all (except some satisfying for the ones who are reporting)
Managing discord - fine, but as you can see, activity there is like 1 message per century. < Does not affect the server players at all (except some satisfying from getting tech help once per month)
Random private activities - idk, does not affect server players too, most likely

I have no freaking idea what is the point of becoming deaf and blind once you became a staff member. Looking at everything but seeing nothing.

I was moderator, was good at solving requests (when i was doing it), i was by your side for a while.
Then you guys were resisting for permabanning (or at least IP banning) ruiners. So, basically, i was spending ~30mins of re-watching replays, taking all details into considerations (according to my game experience), doing it with passion - what for? For new accounts to be created? Seriously, i had to spend my time, use my knowledge for nothing?
Then you guys ignored every damn suggestion, even replayseeker work was not important for you (as moderators)
Who the hell will work like this

So, once again, i was moderator, i saw how are you doing it inside. Bunch of good guys but doing absolutely useless work. Looking into nowhere, when the real problems are obvious

Keep doing forum updates without doing anything for real community needs

I know, community does not pay you a $, so we are not the ones who are able to demand on anything, but this is the legendary PvPGN platform, one of the latest alive, the fucking latest bastion of warcraft players

Just give it a deer, maybe.

Offline luke

• ~evil~
  • Contributor
  • MonsterKill Member
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Warlock Tour Winner [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Hacks staff member [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] Best B&U mod of the month 3 times in a row [EPIC] 3rd Place Admins Cup [EPIC] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • My channel
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2018, 13:06 »
- Starting to use ip ban instead of classic (still temporary, but ip one) - you can even make a poll; I bet (in case everyone will vote) that this idea would be accepted by community, but not by staff

It would place much more responsibility on moderators' shoulders + not that easy to set in motion. Right now evading bans is punished much more strict and those who get caught doing this might get ip locked as you say. So you could say we are slowly moving in this diretion.

- Starting to listen to community - making more interesting tournaments and hosting it two times of the day, not only once (not everyone is able to play tours at only one specific "hardcoded" time of the day)

Our moderators are mostly adult people who study/work during the day and are only able to host at evenings (there is no "hardcoded" time, they are free to choose when to hold a tour themselves)

- Starting to filling the gaps of server activity at 04:00 - 07:00 (UTC) period. There are always 4-8 people waiting for DotA game for hours. Isn`t it a good time to host some funny events officially?

Same as above, not everyone is able to be online at night, like you

- Starting to knowing the entire DotA envinronment already. There is fucking instability (right now and for at least last 3 months, maybe even more) in some communities like ICCUP / Dota-Void / RGC

That is already considered and efforts are made to simplify the entrance to the server for new players. However, there is a gap between "planned" and "implemented" due to some technical problems lately (which hopefully have been solved yesterday)

'not interested in this platform that much; i`m feeling ok having powers and status'

I guess you have got this impression because the efforts of some people are simply not visible to the public

solving requests

That is part of the everyday's work

managing discord

It was meant mostly for solving problems for the new players, common issues are then noted and written down for easy linking. It is also used as a feedback channel, so we can fix the bugs found and make overall client improvements (compare the times when you had to use version switcher with the client today, which updates your game automatically)

Solving requests - useless while bans are avoidable  < Does not affect the server players at all (except some satisfying for the ones who are reporting)

For many people being able to play on their main account is very important. Also, being banned on one account puts you under the risk of having all your accounts banned and your ip locked

Then you guys ignored every damn suggestion

Many things were considered but not everything can be done asap and at once. Its not like you have a god doing all the work here in a blink - most of people who are actually able to implement significant changes have their own life and work and can't spend all day doing tasks on this server.

replayseeker work was not important for you

Not sure how exactly you expected us to appreciate this, pay you in cash?

So, once again, i was moderator, i saw how are you doing it inside. Bunch of good guys but doing absolutely useless work.

If you think its useless, try to image lagabuse without the b&u section, enabling people to do all they want: flame, ruin games, leave. Would you rather play a literal 2vs3 every second game?

It is funny to see you complaining. You wanted to organize a separate league - we said: sure, go ahead, make the plans and we will provide all the support; what was the result? You just abandonned the idea. Then you said you will do some coding, making some cool improvements much easier to implement - the result? Nothing was done in a half year. You also wanted to do some other things but we only received promises and nothing more from you. If you were unable to do simple things like that, how can you expect people who have far less time than you to do 10x more work in a much shorter time?
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 13:10 by kja12 »

guest49825

« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2018, 13:23 »
Not sure how exactly you expected us to appreciate this, pay you in cash?
No, i mean, no one uses it

If you think its useless, try to image lagabuse without the b&u section, enabling people to do all they want: flame, ruin games, leave. Would you rather play a literal 2vs3 every second game?
Ye, i saw your success about Natsumi. If every player would have a bit of brains, your work would be useless. it is just a luck that you we are having 90% of complete retards here

It is funny to see you complaining. and such
Ye, and i was hoping for any support
I really need to see some feedback of idea, and some people which able to help sometimes

As it was with ReplaySeeker
I`ve asked people around Hive and some random half-dead warcraft fan sites, - do they need ReplaySeeker to be working? Do they need sources? I got replies there, i`ve done my work and uploaded it (then suddenly stopped with getting any feedback tho).
Same as it was with lil Chat fixes (not worth "work", but still, same situation), - multiple people asked me about this - so i did this.

My work depends of people relying on my work; I see no point of wasting time for implementing my ideas which either got reviews like "i doubt you will have success, but go try" either no reviews at all

Just check these private threads, everyone were saying "this idea can be failed, but try it"; Holy shit, it simply means that our staff community refused to help me with improving this place, why the bloody earth should i work on it alone without any support (at least moral one)? It simply means you do not want such changes

With chat/repSeeker i`ve got responces/feedbacks => both works had success
With rest projects no one fucking tried to help or try to review more detailed (instead of ''hey, i think it won`t work, but good luck")

guest49825

« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2018, 13:29 »
^ a bit messed up with quotes, edited

btw, GLADIATORS thing is in progress, because at least 10 players liked the idea, and some (SOME) staff members

Offline luke

• ~evil~
  • Contributor
  • MonsterKill Member
    Show/hide more stats
    • View Profile
    • My channel
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2018, 13:45 »
I`ve asked people around Hive and some random half-dead warcraft fan sites, - do they need ReplaySeeker to be working? Do they need sources? I got replies there, i`ve done my work and uploaded it (then suddenly stopped with getting any feedback tho).

I don't see anything strange in that: hive is a general purpose site and lagabuse - a league dedicated forum. We saw your replay seeker, occasionally used it, expressed our appreciation for reviving that project, you had a lot of feedback posted in your topic - too bad if you wanted something more.

My work depends of people relying on my work; I see no point of wasting time for implementing my ideas which either got reviews like "i doubt you will have success, but go try" either no reviews at all

Well, sorry that we didn't support your illusions. It is indeed much easier to talk about changes than actually do them. So please, stop your constant complaints here and do something which is actually useful for the community you claim to care so much about. Hint: that gladiators thing is something which makes sense to work on, you don't need tour moderators for that, you can organize it on your own, as community initiative (it could be even held at night in the "activity gap").

guest49825

« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2018, 13:58 »
I don't see anything strange in that
It was an example how feedbacks are should be, actually (i even used emphasis, just to make it lesser readable, because main idea of that example is to show that feedbacks are doing its work; Having feedbacks - having project implementation)

Well, sorry that we didn't support your illusions. It is indeed much easier to talk about changes than actually do them.
Laughing as hell. This is why it is hard to discuss anything with most of staff members (there are some exceptions).
No one posted a single helpful idea how to handle problems you guys mentioned there (about my suggestions). It was better just to show your ignorance. Same as you just did
"we didn't support your illusions" - seriously? you call project idea "illusion" without any correct argument, without any finished discussion about it? Just a bunch of people which posted some posts like 'it won`t work, seeya'. Now you call it illusion, lmfao. If it out of bounds of your mind - it does not mean that it can`t be done.
You remind me of AGENT which writes '!ff' and throws the game everytime he sees that enemy team advantage (@HookerSabri is a witness, multiple times).
And by "support" i did not mean "agreement" at project. Any detailed feedback is a support.

Once again - ReplaySeeker had its feedbacks - it`s done (with some errors on some PCs, but i`d rather wait for Warcraft 1.29 to release, then fix it; still - it`s working, it`s done)
Same as chat (had support in PMs)

Offline luke

• ~evil~
  • Contributor
  • MonsterKill Member
    Show/hide more stats
    • View Profile
    • My channel
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2018, 14:15 »
No one posted a single helpful idea how to handle problems you guys mentioned there (about my suggestions). It was better just to show your ignorance

There were enough arguments posted by me why it wouldn't work as you wanted. You offered something which was impossible to implement the way you intended it to, we gave you feedback and suggestions, and asked you to think everything through and come up with better solutions -> you stopped working on it at all. I'm sorry that we had no time to work on your thing being busy with our own tasks. Like i said, it is easy to throw around with abstract ideas and much harder to actually do something.

Laughing as hell. This is why it is hard to discuss anything with most of staff members (there are some exceptions).

Well, then please stop this pointless discussion and talk via PM with staff members which aren't ignorant in your opinion

guest49825

« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2018, 14:17 »
I think it will be better for people to see what is going on here :-P

Offline luke

• ~evil~
  • Contributor
  • MonsterKill Member
    Show/hide more stats
    • View Profile
    • My channel
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2018, 14:22 »
I think it will be better for people to see what is going on here :-P

Hopefully i was able to answer all your questions constructively. As for your complaints about staff, your previous position there and similar, i advice you to direct them to league administration, meaning @Blind_Joker, @XeqtR  and @LexMonster

guest49825

« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2018, 14:25 »
Hopefully i was able to answer all your questions constructively.
Yeah, you did.
I`ve already forgot that some people in staff are actually able to answer questions

Offline Deynro

• Pro Member
  • Server Account: -deynro-
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Contributor [COMMON] Winner of 5 Mirana Wars Tours [LEGENDARY] DotA 5v5 Tournament Winner [EPIC] Archer Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Winner of 5 Pudge Wars Tours [LEGENDARY] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] 5v5 Xmas Tournament Winner [EPIC] Invoker 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] The Predator Tour Winner [RARE] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] Tiny Tournament Winner [RARE] Warlock Tour Winner [RARE] 1v1 Earthshaker Tournament Winner [RARE] Winner of 5 Daily Tours [COMMON] 1v1 Windrunner Tour Winner [RARE] Admiral Tournament Winner [RARE] Leshrac 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Nevermore Tour Winner [RARE] Invoker Wars Tournament [RARE] LA Ladder #4-10 [LEGENDARY]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2018, 15:16 »
Too much hypocrisy, stop it here , don't make me go insane again.
Don't give up on your dreams, keep sleeping.